Los Angeles, CA
Otis College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Otis College of Art and Design

Candy

Otis is a really tough school that works you to the bone, but, depending on your major, can be totally worth it.

It is so important to visit the colleges you are interested in...especially if you can while the school is in session. You need to be logical about things, like the cost of tuition, but also moreso job placement percentage. The thing is, you just have to feel good there. I love my school because I feel more at home here than anywhere else. The small size is what appealed to me, and students need to take these things into account. You have to be logical, but at the same time you have to go for what you want. When I first visited Otis I left the college crying because I knew I couldn't afford it. But I felt like it was meant to be, I was able to get the loans I needed. And now that the economy is in the dumps it's getting harder and harder for me to say, but I know I was meant to be here and I trust that things will just work out. You have to say to yourself "Hey, is this school worith it?" A good education always is.

Anyone that is open-minded, artistic or creative in any way. It doesn't matter where you're from or what your beliefs are, but for sure there are mostly liberals at this school.

Adria

There is no "perfect" college, or perfect college experience. When I was searching for Colleges, I put too much emphasis on finding the "perfect" place and thus built up my expectations to an unreasonably high level. When my expectations were inevitably unmet, I transferred. Luckily, upon transferring, I realized the most important consideration to make is that concerning your raw intentions, your true passion. Trust in those true personal goals, not in finding the "perfect" college to house all of your potential, as that potential is in you specifically and always has been! College is just the next step, and one of many!

Lack of student activities/ school sponsored trips

sam

Mostly for being near LAX, but also an amazing fashion design program... and it just turned 90!

Find the best college for your field of study (or best near your home) and treat it like a job...

Steve

If you know what you want to do in life try it out in a community college first to see if it really does feel right. That way if you decide to really waste a lot of money you don't waste it because you end it up hating it. If you don't know what you are good at do the same and try out thing that have some experience required. Live it while you are young or else you will hate it when you get older.

The Best thing about Otis College Of Art and Design is that evrybody knows you. The Deparment head is actually avalaible for you to talk to and they help with anything that you need or are concern with. The students around you are supportive and become like family everybody around you is amazing. In big schools you can get lost easily in the hustle and bustle of the day but in this school you have a name and you are a person. I love that my school is the only school in the west coast that offers Toy Design.

The only thing that is frustrating about the school is that we only have one option when it comes to eating and its very expensive and they close early. I wish we had a place that was cheap nearby other than Ralphs. The food is good but their is not enough choices and its very expensive especailly for a students that doesn't have that much to waste because I need to buy materials or eat. That is all that frustrates me

Linnette

Otis College of Art and Design is well known for it's fashion and toy Departments. The reason being is that, the fashion department has a mentoring program which enables the senior class to work along side a top designer. Another reason why this school is well known is for their toy department. Otis is the only school in the world that offers a four year bachelors degree in toy design. And, about 96 percent of the students who graduate from this program leave with jobs in top corporate companies like Mattel.

If I were to give advice to parents and/or students about finding the right college, I would say to find a school that; is safe, is academically challenging, has a supportive environment, and is fairly well-known in the field that he or she is going into. For example, I do believe that Otis College of Art and Design is a perfect example of this type of school. As a student, I am happy with the choice I made because this grueling program enabled me to believe that I can do anything I set my mind to. The first year into my program I was able to gain an internship at a top corporate company and the sense of accomplishment that I felt was like nothing I ever felt. Otis has given me something to believe in. Otis has given myself to believe in. Before coming to this school I didn't think I could do it. I was wrong. Furthermore, if i was to tell parents and/or students about making the most of your college experience, I would say get involved. Do as much as you can because college are the best times of your life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the work load. In my opinion, I don't think it is all that terrible because it really motivates me to be passionate about what I am doing which is creating toys. However, learning how to cope with budgeting time has always been a pitfall for me as a student as well as an individual. Therefore, I believe that this is a whole new experience that I have to adjust with before I graduate and enter the real world.

Karen

you have to know what you want in college: your major. This is the first thing. Then you go ahead and find colleges that fit best for your major. The second thing that I think is important is environment. A good environment leads to better learning. You have to know what kind of environment will help you focus and makes you feel relaxed. If you choose the best school in New York but you cannot get along with the fast- paste lifestyle there, you will not study well and live well, it might be so much better off to choose a normal school but with better living environment. Success is not about choosing the best schools, it is about how much you know about yourself and choose the best school out of your needs.

My school is really stressful but professional. it leads us to good career.

it is too stressful. students have no social life at all. the first day of class your teacher will tell you to break up with ur girlfd or boyfd, they will tell you that you would not have "life" with them. this is really frustrating.

Da

Otis College is neither big nor small college, however, this school leads students to what they have dreamed of.

I would recommend that find a school where leads you to your best interest or dream and also you can enjoy of doing it.

Before I came to Otis college, I would wish to know professors teaching methods.

Judith

They are all very helpful, kind, creative, and energetic.

They are all very helpful, kind, creative, and energetic.

Make sure you know the area where you are moving to and that you are comfortable with the size of the school you are attending. Be as involved as school as possible and make the most out of each school event.

The sense of community we have in each department. The department chairs are so helpful and really care about each student and their well being. The relationships you build with the people here will last forever.

Justine

Visit the campus and you will probably know right away.

Visit the campus and you will probably know right away.

There are a lot of immature boys and there are too many korean people.

If you are a visual easy going fake surfer artist- you will be happy, but if you see through the bull shit and you keep to yourself and your books- you will be disappointed.

Otis College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.