Otis College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Otis College of Art and Design

Otis is a more skilled, focused and commited group of students, with skilled and encouraging faculty. The programs and classes offered are of better quality, as not only are we learning about the subject the course is about, but are given professional viewpoints, as well as standards. It is really mind broadening, engaging and helpful. It really introduces you problem solving and critical thinking projects. Otis isn't one shallow school. It's got a lot to offer, as well as growing as an indivdual with skill, ideas, and responsiblites, and experience, but and great job opportunities as well.

Due to the fact that this school is a very small scaled liberal arts college, it creates an environment where students are able to feel at home and comfortable while still in a very creative and learning environment. Other schools I considered were public schools where a classroom would be held in a lecture hall, each with at least 1000 students attending. This school provides an safe and inviting environment that nurtures creativity and individuality while also enforcing innovation and discovery in all aspects of art and design.

I love that Otis puts the students in such a career-oriented frame of mind. The teachers really emphasize the way our work and work-ethic relates to the industry that we are being trained to work in. I also like the small class sizes because I strongly believe it is much more beneficial to each student's improvement. Otis is great because the cirriculum gets straight into what the student wants to be learning. Otis has a great reputation within art and design industries because of how well the students are prepared for jobs.

It's in flux. Even though the school is ninety years old, there really isn't academic structure -- which can be good and bad. Instructors don't require a Master's or PhD. It doesn't accomodate working people with evening classes or summer sessions. Finally, they treat the college more like a high school , with rules governing attendance, school trips, loan disbursement. They treat the students like children.

I first came to Otis College of Art and Design hoping to pursue Fashion Design until I heard about the Advertising program. This school offers many majors to the students and gives opportunities to learn. I felt like it was the right art school to attend straight out of high school. Many art schools out there are way too prestige to keep up with as soon as you graduate from high school.

Otis College of Art and Design is unique because it is a Fine Arts school with Design integrated within it. It is open 24/7 and the campus is small. The classroom environment is not a big lecture hall but it is more personal. Students can actually ask questions and not feel stupid for it.

Everyone, particularly the faculty is extremely friendly. The professors are very personable and interested in helping you. The projects are extremely focused and in line with the goals of the course. The workload is heavy, but if you are interested, you will love it.

Otis (college) is a pslace that provides opportunity and interaction between everyone who attends here. The is an active sence of the outside comunity and a focus on international developement. Most of all, the student body is just the perfect ratio.

my school is a small college and easy for students to see their proferssors and get help. there are workshops on compus to help students on class works. also my school has a good acadamic focus. it's a great school for art majors.

We have mentor project on fashion design, and all other department chair are all very popular in their area so we have lots of sources of what we learning... And what we learning is very similar as real world's job.