Westerville, OH
Otterbein University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Otterbein University

Jonathan

Otterbein has a beautiful campus and I feel like I am actually apart of a community and not just a school. The people here are very friendly and helpful and this school has exactly what I need to complete schooling and to start a career.

Make sure that you find a college that has exactly what you want for your career, environment, and social life. Also make sure that the school you pick offers the financial and scholarship programs that benefits you. Career Planning is also important, so make sure that the school that you choose is very effiecient had finding jobs that relate to your major after you graduate.

I wish I had known how many lifetime friends I would make just from coming to a school like Otterbein.

kristyn

Keep your options open. Tour many campuses because you could honestly fall in love with one you never thought you'd like. There are many scholarships out there, so look for them to make college more affordable. Get involved with your college, not only will it be fulfilling for you, but you'll make lots of life long friends.

You can not pin point one specific best thing about Otterbein. The community is amazing, as well as the people that go here, the small size of classes, the sports, etc. Honestly, Otterbein is everything I wanted out of a college.

I wish we had more intramural sports, because going to a school right near Ohio State where they have every intramural sport possible, it makes you wish you had those sports as well.

Miranda

My advice would be to look at alot of colleges, don't ever settle for the first one you see. Don't be afraid to ask alot of questions. When you do get on campus get involved with everything you can, talk to random people, and make new friends! If you don't get involved you won't enjoy your college experience and you will regret it.

I knew alot about this school before I came here because my older sister attended Otterbein. But if I had to of known one thing, I would have like to known that Otterbein requires you to take many hours of Integrated Study classes. These classes are very time consuming and do not help towards my degree.

I can't say anything bad about Otterbein, I truly am satisfied with my experience thus far.

Allison

In terms of looking for a school, make a list of what you?re looking for. City vs. suburban? Liberal arts vs. technical? Student to faculty ratio? Financial aid offered? Decide what?s best for you and your family then start looking. Visit as many schools as possible and stay overnight as well. Talk to current students and sit in on classes. The more time invested initially to search for the right fit will mean a better experience in the long run. In order to make the most of the college experience no one can emphasize this enough: GET INVOLVED!!! College is what you make it, so if you?re looking to have a good time, you will. If you only study all the time you might get good grades, but that?s not what college is all about. Get out, have a good time. It only happens once so enjoy it while you can!

Anyone interested in a small liberal arts school with a great student/teacher ratio and plenty of opportunities to get involved. It's close to one of the largest universities in the country, so it's easy to escape from our small campus and do something fun at OSU. Otterbein is well known for its arts and theatre department, and we also have a brand new science building and equine facility, so anyone interested in those fields should definitely take a look. There is still plenty to offer for the rest of us, though!

Probably the fact that there is a lot of bureaucracy, but I think you?d get that anywhere. In order to get groups approved or have paperwork done there are normally a few offices one must visit.

Erika

The best advice I can give is make sure you know what you can afford. Tuition, along with everything else, is raising. Also, visit the campus and ask a lot of questions before you make your decision. You will know if it's the right place for you, don't settle for anything less.

That tuition was going to be raised and that I'm required to pay each time that happens. This year it happened to be an additional $6,000 on top of the $31,000 from last year.

Someone who is eager to learn and further their education. Otterbein is for those students who require a smaller class size to learn better.

Octavia

Our school is best known for their theater program!

Our school is best known for their theater program!

go visit all of the colleges that you might think you might wanty to go to and just narrow your choices down from there! don't forget to always look for new scholarships adn think hard about what you as a student are going to be looking for when you go to school whether it be big or small. What type of surrounding area you want to be, how far you want to be from home, and what you are looking for all around in a college experience.

someone who wants to party alot .Otterbein is a very small school around 3,000 students and the surrounding area is very comfortable . The campus is not big so it is very easy to find your way around. It is a very comfortable setting in and out of class and my whole family loves the campus. the class sizes are perfect for a one on one and the teachers are interested and concerned with the students. they are more than willing to go out of their way to help the students that are in their classes and for other students.

My classmates are typical college students who want to do well, but also want to enjoy the "college experience".

When I started the college search, it was the summer before my senior year in high school, MUCH later than it should have happened. As soon as you as a college hopeful, or as a parent of a college bound student know you want to go to college, and are pretty set on the fact, SCHEDULE VISITATION DATES! I felt very rushed in my college search, and decision, which could have been partly because of my big major switch from theatre to art, which I later changed again! This leads me to another important factor- it's true that it's common to change your major, and it's not a big deal. The professors at my college were very helpful in my decision to switch from art to theatre design. If your child wants to switch majors, be a good listener and do all you can to support their choices. This is a BIG step in your/their life, and don't feel like you're putting yourself into a corner, you have lots of time to choose. College is hard, but extremely rewarding, as you will meet some of the most important and infulential people of your life.

Someone who wants a very vigorous education, as I feel unchallenged at times.

Otterbein University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.