Westerville, OH

Otterbein University

« See more reviews of Otterbein University

Otterbein College is unique from other schools that I considered because of the student/teacher ratio. The classes are smaller which allows students more one-on-one time with professors and a better relationship to be established. I like this because it gives me and the professor a chance to know how each other works and the professor can learn about what learning methods help me. Also, this school gives you experience in your selected field during your freshman and sophomore years which is helpful for you to know whether or not you really want to be in that field.

There is a great, personable faculty. The faculty-to-student ratio is such that a student can get plenty of personal attention and the class sizes are usually small. The other school I applied to was a large state school. The faculty was very impersonal, and seemed somewhat indifferent to my presence when I visited... I viewed this as extremely poor recruiting. I felt I would not get the kind of personal attention that is available at Otterbein, and so I chose Otterbein. I have not been disappointed in my choice so far.

Otterbein has a beautiful campus and I feel like I am actually apart of a community and not just a school. The people here are very friendly and helpful and this school has exactly what I need to complete schooling and to start a career.

Otterbein was a unique choice for me because of its outstanding graduation rate compared to other schools that I've considered. Otterbein also has an atmosphere that is diverse and student friendly.

It's a very small school, but it's close to Ohio State. It's close to downtown Columbus, but far away enough that you're not in the big city!

Otterbein helped financially.