Otterbein University Top Questions

Dalton

Live life to the fullest my brotha!

Danna

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a High school senior there would be alot I would say. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would tell myself not to wait. Waiting until you are older only makes it harder on yourself. Being a high school senior would be easy to go straight into college since everyone is there to help make it easier for you.

Her head is throbbing. Her fingernails nails are bitten down to the bone. She slumps next to a pile of homework and a folder packed with scholarship applications. This portrait of my high school-self paints me as a nervous wreck – which is exactly what I was. The idea of going to college terrified me. Therefore, if I could tell myself as a senior one thing, it would be to relax. I spent many sleepless nights worrying about college. I wasn’t sure how to finance my education, for I hadn’t received as much aid as I’d hoped. In addition, I was indecisive about which college to attend and what major to choose. I eventually chose Otterbein University three weeks after the May 1 deadline. Within the first two months of school, I had already decided to major in public relations and was enjoying college life. I learned more about ways to pay for school such as loans and work-study programs and discovered I earned enough AP credit to graduate in three years. I feel now as if I worried all senior year for no reason; everything worked out perfectly.

I would tell myself to stop being a baby and just get prepared already! Yeah its college but it's not that hard if you try and go to your classes, you can do this. Lower your expectations for you new roommate because your probably not going to be best friends, actually you guys might not even get along...at all. But it's okay if you dont because you can always switch or if not you get a new one next year anyway so it's not the end of the world. But mostly i would say to spend more time with your family, because you think you need to spend all your time with your friends that you'll never see again, but what you'll really miss out on is the time with your brother, more importanly your mom. Spend more time with mom! Because she's the one you'll realize you miss the most as she drives away..not your random high school friends. Time is precious and goes by fast, so spend it wisely because you dont get anymore!

Work harder in high school and try harder in math and english ...

Jhas

I would go back in time and tell myself to work harder towards other scholarships and put more time and effort into being an excellent student. I would make myself study at least two hours a night on subjects that puzzle me and confuse me at the same time. I would tell myself that i wouldn't have to worry about popularity or who's going out with who and all that pointless stuff because once you go to college, your looking out for yourself and your own well being too. Your family and the people willing to work hard with you are the only people who you should ask for help or ask for guidance because they understand the struggles of college and how hard it is to stay and keep going. My last advice i would give to myself is always shoot for the best and never for less.

I would tell myself to relax more and not let the little everyday stresses overwhelm me. You do not have to be perfect all the time. If you get good grades because you work hard that's amazing, but dont worry about getting a perfect score all the time. Do your best, that's all you can do. Enjoy your college experience because this is the only chance you will get. Be smart about what you do, think before you act and if you make a mistake, accept the consequences of your actions and take responsibility. Be there for other people and help them when they need it because you may need their help one day. Be a true friend. Don't change your mind about a friend or a lover simply because of one thing you found out about their past or their personality. That is not WHO they are. Yes, it is a part of them, but it's not all of them. Enjoy your life because this is the only one you get.

In my opinion, two-hundred words are not enough to describe the value of a good college experience, let alone the exponential benefits one recieves from attaining an education. I am a sophomore this year, attending a community college. However, I live on the campus of the large state university in our city, so I get the feeling of being in the university while saving money. My college experience has been fairly amazing so far. The independence and college town environment are exactly what I was looking for when I was coming out of my small-town high school. One of the best things about college is that you can take classes that you actually enjoy! No more boring math and U.S. history for me, which is amazing. Also, coming from such a small and relatively closed-minded community, being exposed to so many different types of people and ways of thinking is priceless. In conclusion, college has provided me with an open mind, friends, independence, and classes I am actually interested in. I am so happy I made the decision to continue my education.

Jaynae

After graduating high school I was very lost. I had no real direction and no sense of self. Continuing my education was something I did because that is what was expected of me. While in school I began taking courses in African American studies and Sociology while in these classes I began to learn. I began to learn from my classmates and hear their life experiences, I began to learn new concepts from professors and I began to step outside of my bubble and learn about the world around me. This exceeded all of my expectations on what college life would be like I figured it was filled with long boring lectures and meaningless friendships that held no value. I was absolutely wrong. By being in college I have been able to discover my true interests, I began to learn more about myself and what it is I want to do and achieve in life. I’ve become more of a knowledgeable person and more self aware. I’ve learned time management skills and the meaning of hard work and friendship. As I continue with my education I hope to learn more and share those experiences and values with others.

Cortney

I'm getting a good education and help in pursuing my dream of becoming a veterinarian. I'm able to work closely with professors who understand my dream and are more than willing to help me in my pursuit.

Jerrica

My college experience has been something I would never trade for any other experience. The campus is small, so I can get individual attention from professors when I need it. The teachers and students are all familiar with eachother unlike some lecture classes at large universities. The campus and city of Westerville in general has an extremely home-y feel, where everybody knows everybody. It's a very safe area, and there is always something exciting going on. Otterbein students have a sense of pride and togetherness, which is great because it's important to feel like you're a part of something special, especially something as great as Otterbein. Otterbein not only teaches academics, but teaches that community service and acts of kindness are extremely important. Otterbein does a wonderful job at preparing students for the future by providing them internships and job opportunities as a glimpse to the real world. I'm confident that my choice to attend Ottebein University was the best choice I could have made.

Lucas

My time at Otterbein has given me many experiences that have helped me to develop academically, professionally, and socially. Though some of Otterbein?s individualistic characteristics sometimes frustrated me, I still obtained a valuable experience and top college education while attending this small liberal arts institution. I was able to gain the professional knowledge and skills to be competitive in the current career market. Otterbein has helped me to create a diverse profile that sets me apart from the majority in my field of interest. Through the diversity and liberal arts opportunities that this college offers I am able to highlight on my community experiences, diversity appreciation, and real world understanding. However not every accomplishment that I have achieved can be attributed to Otterbein. To be successful at any institution the personal attributes of the individual students lead to the futures success of their efforts. I have taken the responsibility upon myself to be active in the various experiences that Otterbein provides while also applying myself to many opportunities outside the confines of Otterbein. Otterbein might have been the location and foundation for my success; however it is my personal perseverance and work ethic that has granted me such success.

Sue

It's not too far of a stretch to talk to myself. It's something I do daily. Scary, I know -- but it's where some of us live after 8 kids and 9 grandkids. At least I have an attentive audience. I achieved high school senior status at the age of 45 after homeschooling my 8 children from birth through their own high school seniorhoods. I completed my journalism degree sitting next to them in Algebra and Creative Writing classes and was student speaker 2000. I got happy with my diploma, published a book on homeschooling and began editing a parenting magazine for my church. Ten years later I feel that I quit on myself too soon, and I should have kept the momentum going to get my Bachelor's. So listen up, Self. Here's my advice: "Look, Grandma: don't be intimidated by those whipper-snappers who think they have the world on a string. They have yet to experience the ups and downs that yo-yo affords. Life experience counts a good deal and it doesn't come cheap. You've paid your dues, and it's never too late for lifelong learning. Go for it!"

Marcia

"If I could turn back the hands of time," this is a popular statement made by many. We as people often wish we could go back in time and change things. We wish we could go back and undo what?s been done, or do what wasn?t done. If we aren?t wishing we could change the past, we reminisce on our present wishing it were ?the good old days.? I can think back to a time in my life when I wish I would have done things differently. The time I am referring to is my senior year in high school. Making the transition from teenager to a young adult can put a great deal of stress on person. If I was a student counselor, I would have told myself that making the decision to attend college is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. I would have also talked myself into applying for scholarships, as the cost of education can be expensive. By applying for scholarships, I would have made college life a little easier by eliminating the stress of financial issues.

Shawn

I waited many years to return to school, following service in the military and the starting of my family. The advice I would offer myself, and that which I've given to my own daughter whom starts college next fall, is "Don't wait!" College is an experience best savored by the young. There is no campus life for a returning student, responsibility doesn't allow for it. Once I've earned my degree I know it will be an accomplishment completed at the sacrifice of my children. As in the time spent in class and doing homework, missing moments in their lives they deemed important to be shared. As well as the disheveled state of my household, with backed-up laundry and limited finances for day to day items, much less vacations. I will complete my academic life with a respected degree and the knowledge needed to further my career, but without the experience of college life and the memories and friendships to be treasured. So, again I would say, "Don't wait! Embrace college and experience all that it has to offer."

If I could go back in time and be a high school senior, I would tell myself that I needed to study harder. I needed to train myself to study like I had never studied before. I need to be more involved in Language Arts and learn more about how to write. I might have taken a Journalism class or something of that nature. My first year of college and living in a dorm has been a great experience, I just wish that I had buckled down more in high school. I thought at times that I had it hard in high school, but believe me, college is hard. I love the challenge and I like working with a deadline, I came out of my first quarter with a 3.5, but believe me, I was glad that I wasn't at a partying school like Ohio University! I would have never made it through the first quarter.

The most important advice I would give myself about going into college would be to not room with anyone you already know from high school, it only makes it more difficult to get to know the other people in your dorm and on your campus; especially since in this experience I have already changed who I am in a lot of ways, since college is an all-around learning experience. Therefore I would also advise that I always leave my options open, and to take every opportunity that comes your way because you will be happier in the end since you have made your choices based on what you want, not what others want for you. Other advice I would give myself is that though a school has more students does not necessarily mean that in social situations you will not find your own group. Also make sure the people at the school you want are the people you want to be around, because if they're not, you will not be happy at that school, which will only cause you more stress.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself so many different things. First I would tell myself to be sure I have everything organized for my freshman year, classes schedualed, and finanacial aid taken care of. I would also tell myself to buy books online or try renting them. It saves so much money and I can resell them online after I'm done. Make sure I know how to manage time! Completing assignments and having homework done on time is a key componet to achieving a well maintained GPA. Get involved! Join groups, clubs, organizations, plan a study party for a test or final. Take advantage of free opportunities. The most important adivce I would give to myself is stay focused and on task.

Corey

Whatever you do, do not stress out, classes and homework are not very different from high school. When it comes to textbooks and the required reading, do all of it. Make sure to read all of the assigned reading, take notes, underline, and write your thoughts in the margins if you have to, but you cannot stop at what is assigned. Read the sections and chapters that are not assigned to get a better knowledge and understanding of the material. One thing that is different is deadlines. In college, deadlines are deadlines unless you have a legitimate excuse, but even then, if it was a project well known in advance, no excuse will work. To make the deadlines, you must attend EVERY class, unless you are severely ill; being there and just getting a little bit of information will help you understand more.

Lesley

I would have to tell myself to be more focused on school work. To ask as many questions as I could to make sure that I fully understand things. Also I would tell myself to think smarter about the way I spend my money. as well as look for more scholarships and grants.

Jazmyne

If I were back in high school and someone asked about my plans, I'd say that my first priority was to learn what the options were. You don't need to be in a rush to choose your life's work. What you need to do is discover what you like. You have to work on stuff you like if you want to be good at what you do. I also would tell myself to take the ACT seriously because I only scored a 19 and I know if I took it how it was supposed to be taken I would of scored higher. I also would tell mtyself not to have a boyfriend at such a young age because they dont help you with your future.

Kelley

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself that it will be the hardest time of my life but I won't realize it at the time because its also the most fun time I've ever had. I would tell myself to never judge anyone for their personality flaws, but instead to love them for who they are because during this time I am going to find my life-long friends despite the difficulties of living with them. I would tell myself to be open to all possibilities and to take advantage of all opportunities given to me because these are the years that count!

Adri'onna

If I could go back in time, I would have made sure that I checked the price of the school and not just the school being close to home. I would have had my parents work harder on helping me get loans and money for school so I wouldn'd be in the situation that I am in right now. Right now money is my biggest problem, I probably would have worked harder to get a 4.0 instead a 3..0 and above, to have colleges wanting me at their school.

Rachelle

Do not get down on yourself for missing out on some senior year social activities! Yes, it may seem like a HUGE deal that you are moving away from your friends but you will meet some amazing people in college. Taking post-secondary courses was probably one of the best things that you could have done to prepare yourself for your future. It might have been a rough social experience you will never regret it, so keep your head up! Be prepared to work your tail off in college! You will enjoy it though, I promise. It's going to get hectic but you will learn to love it and you will find out that you chose the right major, so do not stress! Start your first day with an open mind, willing to learn and meet new people. It is important to establish study groups and have communication with professors, you can share experiences with each other and learn from them. Stay on task and pay attention to what is going on around you. And one last thing, if get a different and interesting opportunity take it and run with it! You will learn a lot that way.

Ali

I would tell myself to be open minded. Don't restrict yourself by allowing your personal beliefs to keep you from exploring new ideas. When you explore new ideas, you learn to make your own opinion instead of being a follower. You'll learn so much about the world and even more about yourself. Forming your own opinion is scary when it contradicts what people have told you all your life. But what is scarier is believing in them rather than believing in yourself. That is not how life is supposed to be lived. Really living is taking that first terrifying step towards becoming your own person. College is the stage of your life to make that happen - to become your own person. Embrace this opportunity. If you do not make the transition now, you never will. Stay positive, trust yourself, and enjoy the ride.

lori

I would say, Self, you have got to get prepared for the real world out there. There is so much more to see and learn than what I have already done. Get used to living on your own, which means - keep your room clean, doing your own laundry, and be sure to throw out-dated food away. Keep focused on why you are at college and don't let all the pressure of drinking and skipping classes get in the way of studying. Be sure to always have extra quarters on hand to do laundry, you don't want to go to class in the same pair of sweats every day. You'll have to learn to love libraries and taking notes. You will blend in just like all the other new students, so be yourself. You won't just be another number,but a student who is expected to wake up for class, show up for class, be prepared for class, do all the homework for class and turn it in on time. College will be everything you expected if you are willing to be the best adult you can.

Make sure you take the time to reseach the schools. know what they are best at. Go to the school and shadow for a day. Get a feel for the school. You will know when your in the right place.

Ervine

Probably the most important thing that most people don't pay attention to is just how close and friendly the proffesor's are to their students. If your like me and prefer an enviorment where a proffesor knows you personally so that they can do their best to help you succeed, then it's important to pay more attention to how a proffesor acts in class than it is their student to professor ratio. Go visit the campus and ask the proffessor if they can name all the students in any class they've ever had, or if they've ever go out of their way to help a student. If it's a personable professor, they should have loads of examples. If their stand offish and aloof, they won't have many, and may even be offended by the question. Also, ask several teachers, because one bad apple shouldn't be allowed to represent an entire school, but if you see a trend, it's probably a safe indicator of what that school is like.

Choosing a college, I believe, is one of the most important decisions you or your child will ever make. It is a place where they will apply what they have learned previously, but they will also be learning about a specific field in which they will somedaythey will have a career and make a living to support themselves and perhaps a family. In college they will also make new friendships and ties with other adults that can shape them and develop their character. My biggest advice would be do visit as many college campuses as possible with your child or your parents. It will help so much in deciding where you fit in and what you are comfortable with. Picking a school where you "belong" is so important in your character development and also in how you succeed as a student and scholar. Also, if necessary decide on a price range and focus on schools within that range to avoid falling in love with a college that you cannot afford and dealing with that disappointment.

Check out all of the schools you are interested in or have been accepted to. You may find something better than your original first choice school. Get to know everything about the school, especially the dorms and meal plans and about the student ID and money plans, if you can use your ID off campus, etc. It is very valuable to learn everything you can about college before you go.

Never settle for the first college you visit. It is very important to visit several campuses so you know that you made the right choice for the student.

Mandy

I am asked that question all the time by parents asking what they should tell their kids since I have completed three years of college and I always tell them to ask what the student really wants or needs. I know I needed a small school because of my learning disability, even though I didn?t necessarily want to go to a small school, I knew what was in my best interests. Go somewhere that will make you happy, not because all your friends are there, because more than likely you will be too busy with your old high school friends you won?t get to know other people outside of your bubble and where you grew up, not to mention you'll probably get bad grades from not being completely focused. It is a hard decision, but it is not a definite one, and your life wont be over if you happen to choose the wrong school your first time, but give it a chance and see if it works.

Don't worry about money as much as the quality of the education. Living on campus is the best way to get integrated and out in the real world faster.

I wondered how I would know which school was best. One person said, "You're going to go where you are most needed." Another said that I would go "where I was most wanted." And I believe both of those things happened. I started my research early. For me, finding schools that offered great degree programs inwhat I wanted to study was what was important to me. That's what led my research. From there I got a list of schools and applied. The college visits played a huge part in which college I picked. Actually seeing what a communter school was like dramatically changed what schools I would continue to look at. When I visited the school that I now currently attend, I had a feeling in my gut that this was the right school, that I'd be able to make a second home there. I went to the school where I was most wanted. I believe my college needed me to make it an even better school. I am fulfilled in college because I learn inside and outside the classroom. I have been getting the most out of college by using my talents to better the college.

The best advice any student could recieve is to find what is the best overall fit by making a list of things in their life they would like to continue in college. Such as community service, sports, music, etc. This will really help to organize a list of schools. Different schools offer different activities find the ones that you are most interested in! After all you will be the one involved! Also, price should not determine whether the school is right for you. All schools give financial aid and any pricey school can be made affordable by the amount of work that is put into finding scholarships, grants and loans. The money is out there; it just has to be found and for many cities there are services that help- including high school guidence counselors. Other things to keep in mind -Don't go into this process alone, help is available for all the steps of college from visits to financial aid. Don't give up if it all seems overwelming, in the end it will be worth the process. College is a very rewarding and exciting time of life and everyone should experience it.

The best advice I would give is to visit a lot of colleges and fill out as many scholarships as possible. Even if you think you have your decision made, look at other colleges because you may find a college that suits you better. Continue to fill out all the scholarships you can get your hands on because the more money you get now, the less you'll have to pay back. By doing these two things, students and their parents will make sure they find the best college for them while paying the least amount of money.

Make multiple visits to experience different tour guides, maybe even in different seasons. Meet as many people as you can and have a sit down talk with the financial aid advisors, a lot of time the advisor that is recruiting you will say anything to get you in and your financial aid may change, be wary about that. Other than that, as corny as it sounds, 'follow your heart'.

Otterbein College, being a liberal arts school, offers a very well-rounded curriculum. Because of this, you will leave the college as a very well-educated adult. Otterbein also makes a conscious effort to prepare you for the "real world" in ways that other colleges overlook. If I could give a piece of advice, I would say do not hesitate to get involved on campus. Whether you join the Greek community or the Otterbein Christian Fellowship, or one of the innumerable other opportunities for campus engagement, it is unavoidable that long-lasting friendships will be made. Otterbein is well worth the money that it takes to attend school there, but do not wait to apply for scholarships. Financial difficulties can add stress to your already stressful college career (I know from personal experience). Otterbein has a beautiful home-town campus on which it is not difficult at all to feel at home, which makes for pleasant living and visiting (for you parents out there). It is gorgeous in all seasons, and the climate is very liveable. It isn't hard to have a good time at Otterbein, all you have to do is want it for yourself!

Start the college search as soon as possible. Make sure that you visit a variety of campuses and make sure that the school of your choice has several of your favorite majors! Choose the school that you find the best even if it is expensive--there is a lot of financial aid out there, and it is very important to choose the right school for you. To make the best of your college experience, try new things. Don't put off socializing, but never miss class! You will make much better grades if you attend each class and you can have better relationships with your professors. Your professors could end up becoming your future coworkers in your career! Meet lots of new people, but remember the reason why you are at college. Make your academics the top priority, not just for good grades and scholarships, but because you are training for your future career. No one wants a C-average doctor--they only learned 70{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the required material! That is dangerous! Even if you are not becoming a doctor, you want to be the best at whatever it is that you will become!

Given my own experience in choosing a college, I would highly recommend going to the college you most desire attending no matter the amount of financial aid offered, if any. Try for all sorts of scholarships as receiving any amount will help defray costs and keep loans down. Granted, the amount of loans possibly taken out could be a bit more than is comfortable, but I strongly believe that having academic and social experiences you know you will benefit from and remember is slightly more important. I wanted to attend a college in a large city where I could discover or learn or experience something new any time I went roaming off campus. However, I chose to attend the college I'm currently enrolled in because they offered the most financial aid, and, honestly, I slightly regret the decision. I wanted something bigger than me, but I got something smaller. Chase your desires and stand up to obstacles because nothing else will satisfy you more than those experiences that will come after doing so.

Kali

don't let size intimidate you. Even if you went to a small school for most of your life doesn't mean you can't adjust to a large university.

Parents usually have mixed feelings when it comes to their children and college. I know that my parents wanted to make sure that I went to the college that was right for me. For students, if you know what you want to do going into college, great for you. Selecting a college will be easier. For those who don't have it all figure out just yet, look for a school that offers classes that cover a wide variety of academics. Look for colleges that are in your price range. If they are a little on the steep side, make sure that you'll be able to pay of any loans that you will have accumulated. Also, visit the school in order to ensure that you will enjoy the college environment and be compatible with the surroundings. The college experience is very important to a student. It helps them develop life skills and make friendships that will last a lifetime. Parents may want their child to have the same college experience they had, but times have changed. And most importantly, students should be getting a well balanced education while they discover themselves and what the future holds for them.

I would tell the students to go where they want to go and not let anyone influence their decision. I would tell the parents to let the student go where they want even if they need to take a loan out. When a student finds the right college it should be for academic and campus opportunities not for social or partying reasons. A student should look at the size, area, major wanted, and opportunities. A student should spend a lot of time looking and visiting colleges. This is a very important decision. The students and parents should look before and during their Junior year of High School. The students and parents should also use their high school counselors, they are very resourceful. Lastly, the student should want to go to college, every student is ready at a different point, but i suggest students to go directly after high school. This is an exciting time for students and parents tend to get nervous. Parents need to remember they will always be there son/daughter and to let them go where they want.

If you are an athlete, do not go to a college just for sports; anything is possible and one day you may not be capable of playing that sport, therefore you need to find a college where you can comfortably take out the athletic aspect and see if it's the right fit academically. Also, find a place that feels like home to you. If you feel there is a negative vibe, whether it may only be something small, do not ignore it, you've got to make yourself happy. Parents, maybe watch you childs reactions when you're on a campus tour (if you may go on one), because in my opinion, their face says it all. Also be sure to listen to all the minor details, because as a incoming Freshman, a lot of times your kids may overlook the small but important details. As for the expereince, students, try your best to meet lot of people, the more the better. It isn't highschool anymore, cliques are not the safe way out, try to make a variety of friends. Also stay on top of your work, its easy to procrastinate, but that can easily leads to failure.

Kylene

The most important thing to keep in mind when deciding on a college to attend, is personal comfort above all other priorities. Upon visiting a college you can judge on the tour whether or not it is right for you. If you feel uncomfortable with the college--whether they have an amazing curriculum or not--chances are you will not have a good experience if you applied. I chose Otterbein because of the feeling I got from reading the courses online, looking at campus photos, and hearing several alumni from my area tell me about their experience at the college. I never visited the campus, but there was another college I was looking into that I would never be able to visit before I applied as well. Ashland University and Dana College in Nebraska where my other top choices, but they did not give me the same feeling as Otterbein did. Emotion can easily get in the way with success. The best way to accommodate that is to choose a college that feels comfortable, and not overbearing. If you cannot do well in a stressful environment and that's the college you chose, you will be less likely to excel.

When looking to find the perfect college for you, there are many things to take into consideration. Location, cost, and if they have your major are some important things to look into. Parents should let their child look at as many colleges as they want because every college or university differs. Although the social life should not the reason why someone is choosing a college, it is something that a student should put into consideration. To make the most of your college experience, students need to keep an open mind. The transition from home to college is hard and difficult in to beginning for everyone, so give it time. Students should focus mostly on school because that is why they are paying so much money but having a social life is also very important in a college eduation. The first quarter of your freshman year, you should attend everything you can in order to find your place at school. Once you get involved, school will flow smoother and easier. Finding the right college is difficult but worth the time you put into it.

Look for a school that best fits you, not your family or friends. Dive into different activities that your college offers and don't give up right away.

I would tell parents not to worry about where to send their children, because it will all work out in the end. If you think your son or daughter will not be able to go to college based on financial reasons, that it not true. There is all kinds of financial aid available to those who need it. The key to finding the right college is to do research about where you would like to go, what you're interested in, and actually visiting the campus. By visiting different colleges, you can gain insight into what college life at that school is like.

Linnea

I would tell students to visit the schools they are thinking about multiple times and do an overnight. College is just as much about finding the right fit and social atmosphere, you will be there for 4 years. When you get to college dive into it head first! Experiance everything you can, make the most of every opportunity you have. You will look back and regret what you decided not to do more than something you did do and not have that much fun. Finally enjoy your classes. Immerse yourself in them. You will never again have the same opportunity to gain this much knowledge in a subject you love.

Carrie

Otterbein is a great college so long as you are interested in working extremely hard. This school is not known for its partying. It is also small so if you aren't into dealing with clique situations, it is not a good idea to go to Otterbein. The clique problem really isn't a problem but people do pair off into groups of friends. You have to think about what you want out of a college experience. The rumors about schools are almost always true so if you are looking for a good time, a party school is a good idea for you, they tend to have good degrees also for when you do feel serious. If you are serious about your degree and are looking for a school to get a good degree, it is a good idea to search for a dry campus. You may want to party at times and let loose but going to a dry campus gives you the structure to stay on task.