Otterbein University Top Questions

How much of a fight being at this university was going to be. My situation is a touch different than most, however.

Javarra

I wish someone told me how much my GPA effected my future when it came to organization positions and jobs. Freshman year is a big transition. First semester, you are still trying to figure out how to live and socialize on campus, let alone keep a good GPA. I failed a class and it seriously hurt my grades. second semester I did much better, but it was too late. I couldn't be an RA, a peer mentor for classes, or even a peer mentor for N.E.S.T., the diversity group that helped me find my place at Otterbein. if I had know that have less than a 2.5 would have denied me positions I had worked hard to try and get, I would have tried hard my first semester. Also, there is a study class I feel should be required for all freshman their first semester.

Kristin

I wish I would have known to get a smaller meal plan. After first semester I had so many extra swipes and cardinal dollars!

Lesley

I would had told myself to be more focused more on school work and find more scholarships as well as managing my money better.

Ali

There is nothing to do in Westerville.

Kali

I wish i had of learned sooner that there is a group of people there for me, i just had to wait it out and find them.

Carrie

I wish that I had known that my program was going to be as hard as it is.

Jonathan

I wish I had known how many lifetime friends I would make just from coming to a school like Otterbein.

Miranda

I knew alot about this school before I came here because my older sister attended Otterbein. But if I had to of known one thing, I would have like to known that Otterbein requires you to take many hours of Integrated Study classes. These classes are very time consuming and do not help towards my degree.

Erika

That tuition was going to be raised and that I'm required to pay each time that happens. This year it happened to be an additional $6,000 on top of the $31,000 from last year.