Otterbein University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Otterbein University

Allison

I came all the way to Ohio from Houston, TX. I didn't know what to expect when I visited my senior year of high school. I had seen pictures online and heard about the music department and was hooked. Once I got accepted I was asked to participate on an overnight on campus. Since I hadn't been to the campus yet I was eager to go. Right as I drove through campus I could already feel that I had made the right decision. The people were all so welcoming and the campus was gorgeous. There are so many opportunities to get involved around campus. You can get involved with Otterbein student government, senate, clubs, or Greek life. Now being a junior, I can't believe how much Otterbein means to me. The professors are amazing, and they want every student to succeed. I could go on and on, but truly there will always be a piece of this quiet peaceful village in my heart.

I believe that Otterbein University is a very close nit campus, though at times a little snooty. They are very kind and will help any and all students in any way the can (normally). The class sizes are very small and you can get one-on-one attention with the vast majority of the professors without any sort of trouble.

Karissa

This college is super small, but the community feel is great! Being right outside of Columbus certainly leaves plenty to do and see. The academic as are a priority, and the campus offers many options for help academically. There are also services to help with transitioning into college.

Lucy

I really enjoy spending time on campus at Otterbein University! So many places around the area that you can go to and the academics are great. If people are looking for a small campus with a close community, Otterbein is the place for you! I really like being able to email my professors and meet with them one-on-one if I ever need help.

Andrew

The professors make an effort to get to know you personally and you'll get to know them as well if you choose. Having the small class sizes and personalized attention is a wonderful opportunity. Everyone on campus is really looking out for your best interest and want to help you succeed any way they can. The possibilities to get involved are diverse and exciting. If you really want to do something (travel abroad, start a club, change your major, etc.) they'll make it happen for you. Other students aren't always the friendliest, but if you search you will definitely find people with similar interests. It really is a privilege to go here.

Hugh

Otterbein is a fantastic university with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. The people are wonderful, and the area is so nice. Plus, Columbus is only 15 minutes away. The food is just alright though. There are plenty of campus activities to get involved with and you will be constantly encouraged by teachers, staff, and students.

N

I love it! I'm not a party person but the school loves it when there's a cause to fight for. Activism isn't looked down on and everyone is really really nice. The school won't hire someone who doesn't fit their needs or ideals so it's a great all around experience.

Katie

Otterbein is a fabulous school. It is located in Westerville, a wonderful suburb of Columbus, which gives you the best of city life and suburban life. The professors care deeply about each student and work hard to open up opportunities that qwe wouldn't have at other schools. I really feel at home here.

Shirley

It’s hard work to maintain a social life and great grades. But Otterbein makes the difference. This school has a good community that is able to balance the work hard, play hard type of feeling. I'm only only a freshman but I think I can speak for everyone on the point I'm making .

It is an amazing place! Every person that I have met at the school is very kind and helpful. The professors truly care about each individual student, and they take time to get to know everyone. Every student takes great pride in being an Otterbein Cardinal, and they take their education very seriously. The campus itself is beautiful. There are trees and flowers everywhere. It is a wonderful place, and it feels like home to every student who goes there.

Riley

I love Otterbein. It is a personalizable small school with big school opportunities. Otterbein focuses on experiential learning in all majors. For example, our nurses are in hospitals and our teachers are in schools right from the start. We have a great location in relation to Columbus and Westerville is adorable!

Tasia

It is a very safe environment. You don't have to worry about anything dangerous happening. Everyone is all close knit and very friendly. Highly recommend taking a visit or even just visit downtown to get a great experience. Otterbein has great faculty and staff members on campus.

Martha

This university is the nicest and friendliest campus. There will always be someone willing to smile at you or even help you when you are down. You will find other people who want to learn and who want to be there and it means the world to me. Most of the staff is gladly willing to help you and most of them are very kind.

Zachary

This is one of the most chill places I've ever went to. Everyone was really nice and the environment was peaceful. There's some much to do there. Any possible activity that you may think of, they will more than likely have there. I only wished that there were more places to shop near campus.

I enjoyed my experience for the most part. The tutition is very high considering some of the subpar qualities of the school. The campus is nice but the food is terrible, the parking is very expensive and almost non-existent, the wifi access is terrible, and the school is only interested in making more money and is less concerned with the student experience.

Josie

At first, I resented the fact that I had to attend Otterbein because my dream was always to go to Ohio State University. I dreamed of a big school with amazing sports teams and opportunities. Little did I know that I would have all of the same amazing opportunities if not more by attending Otterbein University. The professors are there not only to give you an amazing education but to help you succeed in the path that you choose to take in life. They are personable, well-spoken, and care about each and every student that they have. Overall, the food may not be the best but the dorm living is fairly tolerable and the classes and education are promising.

It’s a great school with great students and professors. Most of the buildings are pretty nice and they offer a variety of courses. There is a lot of things to do on and off campus, especially since the campus is right next to uptown. They offer lots of sports and exercise equipment that all students have access to.