Ouachita Baptist University Top Questions

The worst thing about Ouachita Baptist University might be the freshman dorms. Each room is very small living space and is supposed to hold two students. Two rooms also have to share one very small bathroom with only a shower and a toilet for four people.

Devon

The cost. It is a private school so more expensive and I have had to pay my own way to college so I have had to work sometimes as many as 4 jobs to be able to pay for school.

Occasionally it is difficult not to be located in a larger city where more activities outside of school would be available. As Ouachita is located in Arkadelphia, it is necessary to travel to a nearby large city to shop, watch movies, or have a large variety of restaurants to choose from. I find this unfortunate. That being said, however, the proximity of the university to Lake DeGray offers plenty of recreational options to occupy one's spare time.

It's hard to "get away". Arkadelphia is not a very large town, so everywhere you go, you'll probably see some of your classmates. It can be hard to get out of the Ouachita "bubble"

Chelsie

I really can't name anything that I really dislike about OBU.

The worst thing about going to Ouachita Baptist University is the city where it is located. The campus is very beautiful, but there is nothing around for students to do. We have to drive at least 30 minutes out of town to entertain yourselves, like going shopping or bowling.

Its lack of diversity, both ethnically and politically. Although I can understand it would be hard to get a large group of politically liberal students considering it is a Baptist univeristy and most Baptists are conservative.

The worst thing about my school really has nothing to do with the institution itself, but with the town it is located in. Arkadelphia is a sweet little town forty five minutes from Hot Springs, Arkansas. The bad thing about this town is, the only grocery story is Walmart, and there are very few other stores, hence few places to work because the rest of the college population already has those jobs. It's not all bad, this is a college town. College kids don't have very much money, therefore a town with only Walmart is OK.

I think the worst thing about my school is that the town is so small. It's like we live in a bubble here on campus. There's just not much to do in town, so we have to drive 45 min to the closest city.

Travis

If I have to pick something, I'd say our music building needs better sound proofing.