Our Lady of the Lake University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Our Lady of the Lake University

Kassandra

Our Lady of the Lake University is a great university full of opportunities for their students. I do wish the professors would teach a bit better though. They do try to help students and teach every class time they have, but their ways of teaching don't usually stick with students when they do it online. The pandemic has really caused a strain in the connection of the information being taught to the students. Otherwise, the teachers are pretty good at teaching if the class is in person.

Diana

I love the school. You can always find help when you need it- from the faculty or students- and there's always something to do with your friends. The campus is within 10 minutes of the Alamo, and the University offers many opportunities for volunteering or participating in a club.

Brianna

I love my school and I appreciate the opportunity they've given me to be a student there. It's a small school with a small classroom size. You feel like the teachers know you and are really there to support you. You can really feel the culture of the campus when you get there and you know that you are home.

I really liked the school,their really nice people who helped me and answer every question I had .

John

Our Lady of the Lake University is an extremely great school to get your masters and go forth your education into something bigger a become a more successful person when you graduate from college. The University is really safe and caring towards others, including the faculty, students, and he professors.

Alassandra

I live right next to the university and visit quite often, especially for their free events, which there is no lack of. The location is perfect because it is in walking distance of several restaurants, a dollar store, and a track around the lake that was newly renovated. The people who attend this university are very kind and always make newcomers feel welcome. I strongly recommend this university.

Jaclyn

Our Lady of the Lake is for one the most beautiful campus I have ever step foot on. It isn't the largest campus, and that is what makes it the most unique. The classroom ratios are about 21:1, which in all honesty is perfect. It makes classes a lot more capable of understand, because you have a one on one relationship with your professors. The support of the schools is outrageous. They support all clubs and associations here. It's truly a great place to be.

atenas

Our lady of the lake University is a great place for students to get close in small sized classes and learn efficiently. The coaches and teachers are very friendly and always available. Extracurricular activities involve many student-athletes whose ambitions lead the school.

Angelica

My current school, Our Lady of the Lake University SA is a very small university compared to others. At first I had contradictions on whether or not applying to my school, since I never heard of it but when I applied, I received my first acceptance. I was surprised for beginning my college career. One main difference that changed my opinion of OLLU is compared to other universities OLLU ranks #1 in San Antonio for small classes. Any other university is filled with roughly more than 500 adults in a big class in which the professor possibly might not recognize a student's name which can be difficult for one on one situations. OLLU has less than 30 students in a classroom that provides more one on one with students as they benefit from hands on experiences.

Salina

I love the academics here. The professors are always there for you when you need them. If you have to email or set up an appointment they make sure you are answered in a timely manner. The professors are amazing at what they do and I walk away with now knowledge everyday. The student/ teacher ratio is small so the professors know you on a personal level and understand each students situation.

This will be my first year and I am not sure what to think or feel yet. I am not sure if this is going to be my school of choice yet. I am looking into total of 3 different schools. The technology is great at this school and interest me greatly. I feel I could learn a lot at this school.

Destiny

I love the class sizes and the students. It is a very welcoming community and everyone is so generous. You feel right at home once you step onto the campus. The professors are nice as well and take into consideration that you are just exiting high school and it takes time to get adjusted.

IRMA

I am a transfer student from San Diego, CA and moving to Texas was a big change for me. First time away from home and I was beyond scared and nervous to the point I couldn't sleep well at night. On arrival to the university I was greeted with open arms and it felt like home. OLLU is a great place for: friends, education and sports, I wish I went here all four years.

Josephine

I believe that students make their own choices, but they make the choice of loving the school that best suits them. It's a beautiful sight to see as you pass by it and academically you can succeed with the help that is provided from the school, teachers, and friends.

Eliann

OLLU is considered the Jewel of the West side in San Antonio. I have been at OLLU for almost 3 years already and honestly love being on campus. I feel safe all the time and we good security with our campus police department. I enjoy being on campus with my friends and sorority sisters. I feel welcomed there all the time and everyone at the university are so nice and helpful! I love the campus vibrancy and the architecture and hearing many people believe OLLU is a castle is amazing! I love how there are always events happening on campus all the time (before the pandemic situation) and how helpful our staff is. Walking around the lake on campus is always fun! Students can even use canoes on the lake! I will truly miss OLLU after I graduate in Fall 2020.

Star

Our Lady of the Lake University is a beautiful university that comes with everything I have been looking at a university. I believe this is the best place to start your academic and career path. As a visitor to Our Lady of the Lake University, I have seen so many opportunities for students like me.

Kathleen

Overall, Our Lady of the Lake University is a very good school to go to as it focuses on its academics above all else. The classes are some of the smallest I've ever seen and the teachers are always available via email or text. The school also offers free tutoring for various subjects such as math, English, or even Catholicism. On top of that nearly every student I've talked to has gotten some sort of scholarship from the school. The amounts of course vary but it seemed to be enough to convince them to attend. Lastly, the real icing on the cake for this school has to be its gorgeous buildings and church. When I first arrived it was as though I was walking through a castle.

Hope

I feel like this is an amazing school with even better faculty and staff. I just think if the tuition was more affordable , more students from all over would like to come here. This school is turning into a transfer and veteran school just because those are the only ones that can actually afford it. If the tuition went down , I would give this university a five star without a shadow of a doubt.

Tammy

I like it there but wished they had more online and night classes. I also wish they had more funding for older students or just for students in general.

Kathryn

I absolutely love how much I fit in at this university and I have made friendships that will last long into my professional career. The professors are consistently invested in the students that take part of their classes and want the students to succeed no matter what.

The university is small which I prefer as well as the class size. There aren't many things advertised but if you ask around, you will most likely find a lot of opportunities for different things. Overall, the professors are what make the school great for me as they challenge me and strive to help fellow students reach their goal.

Cassidy

The campus is beautiful, the class sizes are small, and the whole vibe is amazing. I love this school. Although this past spring was my first semester, I feel like this school is going to make a lasting impact in my life. The teachers were all very kind. The students made me feel welcome.

Brianna

My opinion about Our Lady of the Lake University is that it's a family like school. From professors to facility members, they're always willing to help students succeed. I have met amazing people and am glad to be living on campus; there's plenty of resources available for whatever students need. They are a religious based campus, so every now and then they'll invite students or encourage them to take part in daily masses or blessings for whatever occasions might be happening. All there is to it, is that I'm glad to be part of such a great university.

Julia

It's a beautiful campus, great class size. The issue is the administration office. So unorganized, constantly losing student information or getting it mixed up. First they accept transfer credits, then in the final semester they denied those credits they originally accepted. So, now the student has to "fight" to get those credit re-accepted. Students will be told that certain classes will be offered in Fall or Spring, only to find out that they offered in the summer, or not at all. College advisors don't know all of the information needed to finish a degree or even sign up for the degree. Also the advisors and registrars office don't work on the same 'map'. Students think they are about to finish only to have the registrars office tell them they need to take more classes. Also, they slip in student health insurance with out telling the student; so if the student already has health insurance they have to apply to have the charge removed by a certain date or they get charged for extra insurance. Which is absolutely useless by the way, no discount on basic health services or screenings.

Haley

I absolutely love Our Lady of the Lake. I am an incoming freshman who is committed to play soccer there. I chose this school over others because of the environment, the academics, and the professors/coaches. Everyone is so welcoming and it already feels like home. I can’t wait to start!

It is a beautiful campus and the professors and staff are supportive of our educational goals. It is an amazing University with a lot of opportunities. There are many programs available, I especially look forward to double majoring and receiving two degrees when I walk the stage.

Odalys

This is a great campus. I love it!

Araceli

I love going there ! I always feel like I’m getting a quality education. Since it’s a catholic institute I can freely express my religion and our school accepts anyone no matter their religion. I love to go their i have enjoyed school since i have been enrolled.

layne

Overall, my visiting experience was extremely pleasant, and I am planning on attending it next fall. There was a school adviser who walked us through all of the building on campus, explaining exactly what each room was used for and about how many students are in each class. I noticed that the campus set is is a bit odd, by that is because of the hospital linked to the college.

Daquane

I really like it here at the lake. I really appreciate the culture as someone who is from Iowa I am not used to feeling represented or as welcome. I really enjoy the sense of community we have on campus with it being such a big city it is really nice to have that sense of community.

Destiny

I love the Our Lady of the Lake. The campus is gorgeous and the people are extremely nice. Whenever you need to speak to your professors they are accessible. The campus is small but that only adds to its charm. If your running late it only takes about 5-10 minutes to get from one side of campus to the other. I don't think I would feel the same somewhere else.