Owensboro, KY
Owensboro Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Owensboro Community and Technical College

Overall, Owensboro Community and Technical College is a great school. It is a very cost friendly school to get an associates degree and to transfer on to somewhere else. The student to staff ratio is great and most of the staff is very friendly and relaxed. I would like to clarify that there is no on campus housing, however, there are apartments just a mile up the road. As for the food, I have never tried it because it is $6.25 a plate. I go to the Dairy Queen a mile up the road and get lots of food for a cheaper price. Some of the facilities are brand new, however, others are a bit run down. The campus is extremely easy to navigate, however, early arrival is essential if you want a good parking spot. There is a bus that comes through the campus for city transportation as well. The college has a library with great resources and fast-paced computers for students to use. There is also printing services that are available. The school offers free tutoring which came in very helpful this past semester for me. For the majority, the staff goes over and beyond to ensure each students needs are taken care of. I would definitely recommend this school.

It’s a nice affordable school that has helped me get the education i need to transfer

Karris

It's a good start to get extra credit before entering a 4-year school (I'm an early college student) or to pursue a basic career that only requires an associates degree.If you want to get out of Owensboro, however, this isn't the school for a high school graduate to attend unless they need the credit to move out.

Katie

It is a very well balanced school. it has a variety of people and class options which is good. The professors care about how much their students learn. They take pride in their school and their students. They have many helpful places to go if you are looking for help and they also provide joint classes with Western Kentucky University if you want to further your education there.

Clara

Great college, it has all the amenities needed for a community college in this town. All professors and staff are very helpful with students. All online material is great and easy to access. Facility is great and has been newly and continually updated.

Carrie

I know it may sound absurd, because you are a very determined and ambitious young lady, but DO NOT QUIT SCHOOL!! You can go part-time or transfer close to home. Don't allow "fun" to interrupt studying, stop worrying about the loans (once you finish and have a job you will be able to pay them off), and please trust yourself more you know what is right for you.

The kind of person who should attend this school wouldn't want to travel far from home, and possibly didn't receive financial aid ( tuition is reasonable).

I love the online classes, it helps balance school and family.

Krystin

Dear Krystin, This is your future self. I am writing to you to give you some advice for college work. The most important things that you need to do are to study, do your home work, take notes, and buy certain school supplies. You should study every day for thirty minutes to an hour. Do not wait till the last day before the test. Most classes cover a lot of material and if you try to cram it in all at once you are probably not going to get a passing grade on your test. Regarding homework, use a planner and your class syllabus to keep track of assignment deadlines, and start on an assignment early. While you are in class, take good notes. If your teacher says something is important or writes information on the board, put it in your notes. Finally, be sure to buy a jump drive to store assignments on. Jump drives enable you to keep your assignments organized and easily accessible. If you follow my advice, you will be a successful student. Sincerely, Yourself PS If you do not follow my advice, who I am now will cease to exist.

I wish that I had known that I would have to take a compass test because I had not yet taken my ACT.

I tell my friends about the Discover College program that allows junior and senior high school students to attend Owensboro Community and Technical College.

Molly

Just because you're a senior doesn't mean that you should give up. Every grade, every test, every deadline should be treated like it can effect your whole gpa, because it can. Being cool and popular and the "hot chick" isn't everything. I would have told myself to be more balanced and not have been a slacker or a procrastinator because that is hard to grow out of. Develop good study habits do you don't strain every brain particle you have the week before and of finals because it will catch up with you if you slack off all semester and try to cram everything into one week. And finally, don't follow the crowd-follow your heart, its your education, not your friends.

A person who is serious about having a better life and job. Although it is more of a relaxed enviroment, the person who attends the school should be open for stress because it will happen. Anyone who attends any college or university should be strong-willed and have a passion for wanting an education.

A person who is not focused or dedicated on furthering their education. College is not a place to mess around and is not a place for quiters. Just because it's not an university doesn't mean that it means nothing. College is not a laughing matter and someone just comes to goof off, they are not mature enough to handle college.

Annette

If given the opportunity to go back in time, I would tell myself to not be afraid to face challenges in life. Committing myself to setting goals and achieving them would be of great help. Being more self-motivated would be a great asset. Joining school clubs or participating in more local volunteer programs would be helpful, not only for looking good on future resumes but it would help increase my self-esteem. Devoting more time to reading the assigned reading as well as doing some extra reading on given topics to expand my overall and specific knowledge of the particular topic. Go ahead and pursue my college career so that I could obtain my desired occupation and therefore, enjoy my retirement at a much earlier age.

Anyone interested in learning a new skill and or advancing his/her education to achieve a higher status at his/her place of employment would be an excellent candidate for attending this school. This shool has relatively small classes, therefore it isn't overwhelming to individuals that may have not been in a school setting in a quite a while. There is a tutoring program on campus that is free of charge to any student that may be in need of Aa little assistance in most any subject taught on this campus.

An individual that doesn't care about improving his/herself on any education format or even not interested in learning a new skill. If the individual is interested in causing disturbances and or participating in any illegal activity on campus would not be a good candidate for becoming a student at this school. If one is just not interested in trying to learn they would be wasting not only his/her time and money but they would be wasting the instructor's and tutor's time. This person should reconsider their goals and choose another option for their lifestyle.

Robin

I think that my school is known for the low tuition, you get a quality education for a great price.

I like the idea that the classes are small in size. I feel that the students at Owensboro Community & Techenical College are able to get the individual attention that they need from their teachers. With a one on one relationship that one is able to have with their teachers, I feel helps student get that extra confidence that you need to successed in your studies.

One of the things that I would strongly encourage myself to do was to get better grade in school. That college isn't as hard as you may think that it is. That it isn't just for the highly intellegent, but for those highly motivated. I would also tell myself not to let anyone tell you that you can't be all that you want to be. Believe in yourself, hold your head up high and be proud of your achievement. To get myself foccused and organized for my future. Not to rush into growing up, to enjoy being young.

Owensboro Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.