Owensboro, KY
Owensboro Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Owensboro Community and Technical College

It’s a nice affordable school that has helped me get the education i need to transfer

Karris

It's a good start to get extra credit before entering a 4-year school (I'm an early college student) or to pursue a basic career that only requires an associates degree.If you want to get out of Owensboro, however, this isn't the school for a high school graduate to attend unless they need the credit to move out.

Katie

It is a very well balanced school. it has a variety of people and class options which is good. The professors care about how much their students learn. They take pride in their school and their students. They have many helpful places to go if you are looking for help and they also provide joint classes with Western Kentucky University if you want to further your education there.

Clara

Great college, it has all the amenities needed for a community college in this town. All professors and staff are very helpful with students. All online material is great and easy to access. Facility is great and has been newly and continually updated.

Carrie

I love the online classes, it helps balance school and family.

I love the online classes, it helps balance school and family.

The kind of person who should attend this school wouldn't want to travel far from home, and possibly didn't receive financial aid ( tuition is reasonable).

I know it may sound absurd, because you are a very determined and ambitious young lady, but DO NOT QUIT SCHOOL!! You can go part-time or transfer close to home. Don't allow "fun" to interrupt studying, stop worrying about the loans (once you finish and have a job you will be able to pay them off), and please trust yourself more you know what is right for you.

Krystin

I tell my friends about the Discover College program that allows junior and senior high school students to attend Owensboro Community and Technical College.

I wish that I had known that I would have to take a compass test because I had not yet taken my ACT.

Dear Krystin, This is your future self. I am writing to you to give you some advice for college work. The most important things that you need to do are to study, do your home work, take notes, and buy certain school supplies. You should study every day for thirty minutes to an hour. Do not wait till the last day before the test. Most classes cover a lot of material and if you try to cram it in all at once you are probably not going to get a passing grade on your test. Regarding homework, use a planner and your class syllabus to keep track of assignment deadlines, and start on an assignment early. While you are in class, take good notes. If your teacher says something is important or writes information on the board, put it in your notes. Finally, be sure to buy a jump drive to store assignments on. Jump drives enable you to keep your assignments organized and easily accessible. If you follow my advice, you will be a successful student. Sincerely, Yourself PS If you do not follow my advice, who I am now will cease to exist.

Molly

Just because you're a senior doesn't mean that you should give up. Every grade, every test, every deadline should be treated like it can effect your whole gpa, because it can. Being cool and popular and the "hot chick" isn't everything. I would have told myself to be more balanced and not have been a slacker or a procrastinator because that is hard to grow out of. Develop good study habits do you don't strain every brain particle you have the week before and of finals because it will catch up with you if you slack off all semester and try to cram everything into one week. And finally, don't follow the crowd-follow your heart, its your education, not your friends.

A person who is serious about having a better life and job. Although it is more of a relaxed enviroment, the person who attends the school should be open for stress because it will happen. Anyone who attends any college or university should be strong-willed and have a passion for wanting an education.

A person who is not focused or dedicated on furthering their education. College is not a place to mess around and is not a place for quiters. Just because it's not an university doesn't mean that it means nothing. College is not a laughing matter and someone just comes to goof off, they are not mature enough to handle college.

Annette

An individual that doesn't care about improving his/herself on any education format or even not interested in learning a new skill. If the individual is interested in causing disturbances and or participating in any illegal activity on campus would not be a good candidate for becoming a student at this school. If one is just not interested in trying to learn they would be wasting not only his/her time and money but they would be wasting the instructor's and tutor's time. This person should reconsider their goals and choose another option for their lifestyle.

Anyone interested in learning a new skill and or advancing his/her education to achieve a higher status at his/her place of employment would be an excellent candidate for attending this school. This shool has relatively small classes, therefore it isn't overwhelming to individuals that may have not been in a school setting in a quite a while. There is a tutoring program on campus that is free of charge to any student that may be in need of Aa little assistance in most any subject taught on this campus.

If given the opportunity to go back in time, I would tell myself to not be afraid to face challenges in life. Committing myself to setting goals and achieving them would be of great help. Being more self-motivated would be a great asset. Joining school clubs or participating in more local volunteer programs would be helpful, not only for looking good on future resumes but it would help increase my self-esteem. Devoting more time to reading the assigned reading as well as doing some extra reading on given topics to expand my overall and specific knowledge of the particular topic. Go ahead and pursue my college career so that I could obtain my desired occupation and therefore, enjoy my retirement at a much earlier age.

Robin

One of the things that I would strongly encourage myself to do was to get better grade in school. That college isn't as hard as you may think that it is. That it isn't just for the highly intellegent, but for those highly motivated. I would also tell myself not to let anyone tell you that you can't be all that you want to be. Believe in yourself, hold your head up high and be proud of your achievement. To get myself foccused and organized for my future. Not to rush into growing up, to enjoy being young.

I like the idea that the classes are small in size. I feel that the students at Owensboro Community & Techenical College are able to get the individual attention that they need from their teachers. With a one on one relationship that one is able to have with their teachers, I feel helps student get that extra confidence that you need to successed in your studies.

I think that my school is known for the low tuition, you get a quality education for a great price.

Aija

It is best known to go in and get out quick. It is accredited and so people trust it.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self I would let myself know to make up my mind before I went to college. I have changed my major already three times and wish I hadnt. I am still in a two year college after three years with no associate because 1. I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do, 2. I didnt look up and research things myself, 3. I played around too much thinking everything would fall in my lap. Just from this one year of hard work I earned all A's all because I studied and wanted to succeed. At the beginning of freshmen year succeeding was something I really wanted to do, but my heart and drive wasnt in it. Now, unfortunately three years later, I am fired up and ready to get done with school. I am the only one in my family going to college and I have to say it means a lot to me. Though I feel at times I am running in circles, I keep going. I'd tell senior self to stick to a major and run with it.

The advisors that we are assigned to freshmen year are supposed to help us to make our academic plans and know exactly the classes to take to get our degree fast. But the advisors dont help at all. I have switched advisors and I have been told when I asked a question that "i do not know, good luck." I was told that after I couldnt find classes to enroll in and didnt know what else to do. That is the most frustrating thing at my school is that there is no help where its supposed to be.

Owensboro Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.