Springfield, MO
Ozarks Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ozarks Technical Community College

Lara

Go to college right after you gradute high school. Don't worry about trying to work and go to school it's a lot easier than you think. Plus it will make things a lot better in the long run.

The class schedule. I can still work and go to school.

ngoc

My school would have to be big enough that it would provide many different professions and class size would be small enough where students to instructor is adequate.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would have myself research as much school as possible and what different programs the institutions provides. Also apply to any or all of financial aid as you can because every little bit helps.

I would tell my friends that school would give me a better career. The professors wouldhave to be considerate, understanding and very helpful in answering any questions that the students have.

Steven

The classes are very small (20-30 students) and teachers are very available to each student if you want help or have questions and don't want to bring up in class.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would just tell myself to slow down and take the college experience slowly. That was my biggest mistake all those years ago. I would even have suggested to myself to start out at the community college level to save money and become accustomed to the change in pace. College is a marathon not a sprint, focus on school, not the immediate absence of parental supervision. I would also let myself know that there would be plenty of time to socialize and it is ok to not have to be at every social function available. But the main thing would be to use all the accomidations given to the students for free, like the tutoring labs, and disability centers. Stupid people are the ones who don't take advantage of what is available, not the ones who do.

Nothing acedemically. Parking is a drag. But they offer free shuttling.

Andrew

My classmates are very easy to work with and care about the work they are doing in their classes, most are in their teens working through a dual enrollment program or older students getting their education.

Providing a quality technical training background for students who want to get a 2 year degree in studies such as history, psycology, etc., or go into a technical field, such as automotive collision repair, diesel technology, welding, dentistry, or even nursing.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself three main things to always remember: 1. College is going to be totally different from highschool, mainly because of the amount of work and number projects you recieve in classes, and you must study more for tests and quizes because they are alot more difficult (plus the teachers will not cut you any slack). 2. All your course work will have to take precedence over all other things. If that means giving up going to the movies with friends so you can study for one of your classes, then do so. 3. Remember to have fun, not all of college is going to be studying and homework, if you dont give yourself a break then you will just burn-out and that what leads to dropping out. Get out and have fun, with in measure.

If I were to give advice to myself as a high school senior now that I have been in college is; know what you want to achieve and what degree you want to pursue. I feel I have wasted a lot of my precious time in being in school while trying to decide what degree I want. I started off in construction management and switched to firefighting. After finishing these classes I realize I didn?t want to use my body to earning a living the rest of my life. I am now perusing a degree to become a nurse practitioner. I enjoy helping others and am driven by the fact that I will be able to provide my family a comfortable life. I wish I had know as a high school senior that I wanted to be a nurse practitioner. If I did I probably would already be one today.

The worst thing about Ozark Technical Community College is the parking. Usually at the beginning of the semester there isn't enough parking for all the students. Although, it usually thins out by the third week of school.

The best thing about Ozark Technical Community College is that the classes are small and the teachers care about your education. The school provides free tutoring which has really helped me with classes, such as algebra, in which I struggle. The school is also close to my home and it's a short commute to school.

Katherine

Listen I know this is weird but I don?t have much time?yes I?m you from the year 2010. You need to cool your jets try Community College before you go to a University. I know you have big dreams but in order to succeed you need to take smaller steps. Really think about what you want to do with your life try to think outside the box. You should take some classes for fun, maybe even photography? I know you?ve never taken an art class, but you may surprise yourself. Live at home enjoy your family, and friends. Time will keep moving at the same pace no matter how much you rush, so slow down; take a breather. Just because you planned your life down to the detail doesn?t mean it will work out the way you dream. College can be a lot of fun if you let down your guard, make some new friends; open up. Look, I?m sorry but I really have to go my time is up, good luck with your future. Oh, one more think ALWAYS GO TO CLASS! NO SKIPPING!

OTC has impressive competent professors. My instructors are not only qualified in what they teach; but in most cases over qualified. We have instructors at this small school that have doctorate degrees. They are also very personable, and go above and beyond to help students.

I tell my friends of out Professors, no matter how large or small the class my teachers always have time to help the students. They are very caring and try to help everybody no matter what age, sex, or ethnicity succeed.

Kyla

I would definatly tell myself to be prepared. Going to college is not a walk in the park. I was smart in high school and didn't have to study but I would advise myself to learn good study tactics cause I will need them in some classes. Also be sure to choose the right college to fit you. Don't go cause thats what you think you want from what mom or anyone else has told you. Transfering and failing classes is hard and hurts you more than you think it's going to. Make sure you don't live on campus if you aren't ready to deal with the stress it brings, and trust me you aren't. You aren't as grown up and ready as you think you. You need to sit down and think about what you truly want to do. You should go and use the money that the school is going to give you first. Once you lose it you don't get it back. Just make sure you are ready, know where you want to go, and who you are and what you want to do.

Mary

I enjoy my administrators, teachers, and fellow students, I feel quite at home at OTC

It has great tuition, ansd book costs. It also has a great selection of classes provided both on main campus and off campus cites.

Get in school, and stick too it, try not to move around so much.

chase

The students and teachers are really down to earth. The learning atmosphere is geared towards learning what is currently out there as recent as the day you walk into class. The curriculum would change with what was currently happening in the world. If there was new material that we needed to know for our careers then the teacher was not going to teach us old material in the book. Everyone at the school seemed united toward the one goal of graduating to attain a job and are willing to work with and help others as well.

There is absolutely no time to waste in getting the education you need and attempt to get a job. Staying focused is difficult, but necessary to ensure no money or time is wasted while you go to shcool. College is something you have to genuinley work at. You cant just sit in class and and be handed all the worksheets and notesfor all the tests. There are no study guides that prepare you for your tests and there is no one there to ensure you go to class everyday. Motivation. That is the one thing that will keep you going to class every day when you feel so bored of school or so exhausted between work, school, and your family. If it wasn't for the motivation I had to recieve a good paying job to help support my quickly growing family I would have never finished school. Enjoy learning with other because it makes it easier to make it to school every day. Everyone is there for the same purpose so why not enjoy the experience with other classmates and make enjoyable memories while learning the things you need to know for life.

The teachers are phenomenal because they include real life working experience from the field that I plan to make a career out of. They give you real life information that will genuinely help with your journey towards a healthy career. They've worked from the ground up in business and have recent experience all the way up to management. The methods of teaching were easier for me than a traditional class setting. The teacher used more hands on then lecture time so we could get a feel for what we were being taught.

Ernie

A place of opportunity for anyone with a desire for an education regardless of social, economical, gender, or age status.

I would tell myself that a Community College is not as bad as you might originally think. Knowing what course of study is at the utmost importance to be successful as a college student and having a drive to succeed in class. Being open to take classes that may not pertain to your original ideas of a future career would broaden your horizons for what you may not know which is out there, and might become a better fit if not explored. Apply for scholarships early and often! Get involved in activities that are happening around campus to get to know people that could be a future contact for your future endeavors. Drinking is way over rated, and needs to take a back burner to studing. Don't procrastinate. Having a relationship with God is the best thing you can do in order to be successful in College, and life in general.

The parking is really a situation which is a marjor problem expecially at the first few weeks of school. The school does offer a shuttle service if you park a long ways from campus, but can be a burden even with the meal voucher promotion.

Ozarks Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.