New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Additional Loan Options

Carly

I love this school. I had a great time in my undergraduate career at Le Moyne College, but absolutely LOVE Pace University. All of my professors are amazingly helpful and there whenever you need them. They are also very current, which makes it easy to relate to them, and exciting to be in their classes. The school is somewhat of a larger school, with 12,704 students total, 7,807 undergraduates, 4,042 graduates, and 855 law students, it would seem somewhat daunting to go here if you come from a smaller town, and small undergraduate school, which I did. From what I have found, everyone is close-knit and connected. Stepping into the library or walking through campus, you will hear many "hey, what's up!" calls from all over. You will also have access to some of the most helpful staff all around campus, all of which are pleased and happy to help you and provide you with some insight to your questions. When people ask me where I go, and I proudly tell them Pace University, I typically get a "wow, that's a great school!" or "what a BEAUTIFUL campus!" reaction and response. To be honest, it's true. The campus is beautiful, and this is a respectable school to go to. There is also a lot of school pride on campus. If you take a look at the freshmen orientation videos, where everyone is cheering and dancing with Pace's mascot, or walking through campus on a football game day, everyone has Pace Pride. In addition, there is ALWAYS, always, always something going on on campus. From sports games, to de-stressing activities before finals week, to lectures, and the Bodies exhibit, there is literally something for every single person who attends here to keep busy and active. One thing I would change would be making the scholarship process a little easier. I did not know I would receive a scholarship, but I did, (which of course is fantastic) but it has taken a little while, and a few too many, in my opinion, phone calls to sort out. The process has been a little difficult in the sense that my scholarship has not gone through yet. But honestly, the school is just right for me.

I would say the most popular student activities and groups are the SDCA (Student Development and Campus Activities), greek life, and the radio station, WPAW. All of which are extremely active and do great things on and off campus. There are a range of student organizations from academic, cultural, religious, performing arts, student media, special interest, student governance, and test webform, coming to a total of 30 different organizations. All sorts of events from athletic to guest speakers and theaters are very popular, and, the best part is that there are 3 different campuses to attend such events! White Plains, Pleasantville, and NYC offer a range of things so you will never get bored, and never have to leave the Pace community! I met my closest friends in class, as I am a first year graduate student who does not live on campus. I was nervous since I wasn't living on campus that I wouldn't make friends or fit in, but my friends include some who do live on campus, and some who don't. All of us are involved in the school, with other students, and professors as well. I don't feel like I'm not a student there, I definitely feel like I belong.

I would say that literally every single kind of person is accepted in this school. I have many friends from different religious, racial, and sexual orientations and backgrounds, and not one person feels left out or alienated. In addition, friends of mine who are not gay or bi-sexual, are also very actively involved in the LGBT community. Everyone is welcomed here, and no one feels left out.

Academics are rigorous, but the classes are so interesting and exciting that it doesn't seem daunting or stressful. My professors know my name, as the average class size is about 18 students. It is great to have a professor actually care about how you are doing in class, and to be there when you need help, not only for your time in school, but for your time after you graduate as well. From my personal experience, being able to be close with professors gives you such a great learning opportunity, and also gives you the ability to ask for a recommendation, one that will actually be true and personal, from a professor. My favorite class is Industry Theory and Practice, MCA 601 with Dr. Pulaski-Behling. We have done projects on the social media and business networking site, LinkedIn, as well as done projects about cultures from all over the world and how they handle business negotiations. I would definitely say that the education at this school is geared towards getting a job. Coming form my undergraduate school who did not do this, I am extremely grateful and impressed with this school's academic programs. I am learning things that are so practical and useful for when I graduate. Examples include: writing effective business memos and cover letters, analyzing and comparing companies and their marketing strategies and statistics, as well as learning how to speak effectively, cohesively, and comfortably when in a business setting, and across cultures.

I would say that Pace University has all different stereotypes. From the faternity guys and sorority girls, to the jocks and just cliquey girls. At first glance, yes you would definitely see this. Once you actually spend about five minutes on campus, you will see that these stereotypes are false, and although students hang out in their certain groups of friends, everyone on campus is extremely friendly and helpful. From my personal experience, I have been pleasantly surprised from everyone I have encountered here at Pace. I have friends who were on the football team, in sororities, and some of the "hipsters." My first time on campus was before school even started. I was walking around and trying to get to know the campus, when a girl who just graduated from the Master's program I am in offered to give me a tour. She gave me all of her contact information, and from there, I knew that this was a great school to be in!

Some of the most popular orgs on campus are our cultural orgs like the Black Student Union, the Students of Caribbean Awareness and the Organization of Latin American Students. These orgs, along with several other orgs, host annual staple events like the Fashion Show, the Block Party and Holi-Jouvert. There are great parties thrown every semester by an organization, or three or four orgs working together. The campus radio station does a costume party for Halloween and also had a Don't Forget the Lyrics event, which I'm sure will turn into an annual function. There are so many ways to have a good time and not even have to leave campus! Even the residence halls get involved. Townhouse Day is one of the most anticipated events of the Spring semester. It's a huge carnival hosted right in the middle of the townhouses and there's plenty of free food and fun to go around!

Students that are together the most share common interest of course like any other place in the world. However, that doesn't mean people who are totally different don't know each other and get along. If you're funny and nice, people are not going to mind having you around even if you wouldn't normally hang out together. I've sat at tables with rich white sorority girls and I've sat at tables with Brooklyn girls and both tables have given me the same amount of laughs and I have given the same in return. We don't have to from the same place at my University to be acquaintances in the least. It's just that Pace is a place where you find your own but you feel okay stepping out of that.

The class sizes are small. Classes could range from 8 students to 30. I believe smaller classes make the experience so much better. Different professors perform differently, but I know about my major in particular to be one of the fastest growing majors on campus and I believe a lot of it has to do with our phenomenal professors of the Communications Department. All of our professors have real world experience in the courses of which they teach. A former Fox News Anchor teaches courses on writing copy for broadcast news and on "the art of anchoring." Our film courses are taught by professors who have worked in film in the past, or still stay connected to the film industry even today. Our production courses are taught by professors who have worked in every stage of production--pre, pro, and post. It's just a great environment to learn hands on work.

People think the Greeks live completely separate lives from everyone else but thats not true. Several of us inter-mingle and I personally hop into everyone's circle, both Greek and non-Greek as long as you're a fun person.

Christina

I enjoy Pace because its a small campus, which works perfectly for me. I'm able to walk to all of my classes and the class sizes are small so the professors can really get to know each student. There's a lot of things to do around campus, a lot of organizations to join and the city is just a train ride away. That variety that Pace offers is one of my favorite things about it. There is always something for everyone.

Because Pace is a smaller school, the professors usually know most students. And for most majors you usually take the same professor more than once - which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I like that I can take the same professor more than once because I like the familiarity, I know what to expect and so do they. The library usually isn't busy until finals week, but most students do well in their classes. The work doesn't seem to be too much but its not always a walk through the park either. As for class discussions, almost every professor I've had encourages it. Its great because most professors have interesting stories when it comes to specific majors so its always great to get their actual opinion on a real life experience rather than something out of a textbook. And I've had a lot of professors who have tried to help me get internships or jobs, which is great because they usually know a lot of people.

At Pace University, most people believe that you aren't considered "cool" unless you are in Greek Life or Athletics. I necessarily don't believe this stereotype because it means you fall under two categories. There are a number of students who aren't involved in either but still manage to have a good time on campus and are often friendly and know everyone else.

Gabrielle

I love it here. Honestly, it wasn't my first choice (a much bigger school was) but I couldn't be happier. Pace is full of truly nice people. The Pleasantville-Briarcliff campus I attend has about 3,000 kids, half of whom commute and half live on campus. That's perfect. It's small, yeah, but it's big enough to meet a new person everyday. Through Pace I was able to study abroad in Australia (studying abroad is pretty easy and affordable here--take advantage!) where I went to a school ten times this size. 30,000 kids is so impersonal, it made me appreciate even more what a family Pace is. What a lot of people have heard about Pace is, sadly, the DJ Henry tragedy. Long story short (if you haven't heard), one of our classmates was killed by a cop 12 days before his twenty-first birthday even though he wasn't doing anything wrong. There are a lot of terrible things on the internet about it but for the most part, it unified our campus in a way I've never before seen--we rally behind him and his family in trying to find the absolute truth. For prospective students, don't let the tragedy turn you off to Pace. It's not a dangerous place. As far as the town goes, it's quaint but in close enough proximity to the city that you can go as often as you'd like. When I'm on campus, I hang out in the library, either cafeteria, my residence hall or right by Choate pond when it's nice out.

You're going to hear people complain about campus, about the administration, about the size, about the other students...but they'll still stay. Many transfer, yes, because it's not for everyone. It's not so big that you can fall asleep in class without being noticed and that bothers a lot of people. It also bothers people that they see some of the same people every day. Honestly, I couldn't imagine not liking it here. Everyone is so nice and humble and the opportunities to get involved and excel are presented to everyone.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

It's a small and diverse university 45 minutes outside of midtown Manhattan, situated amongst trees and greenery in quaint Westchester county. The environment's positive and reportedly has the best internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area. I love it here--I tell everyone that.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is huge at Pace. I myself am not part of it but my freshman year I lived with four girls, all of whom pledged a sorority. Some people love it, some people hate it. Bottom line is that there's a large Greek presence of campus and they set up a lot of the events. I can appreciate it for what it is without joining it.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I picked Pace because they're wonderful with financial aid and the feel of the school was very positive. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better fit. It's not that big (around 3,000 students) which means it's a tight knit community of people who care about each other but not so small that you can't meet new people. The campus is pretty and the classes sounded interesting. When I came for Accepted Students Day, the panel of students that spoke said great things and the mock class I sat in on was very interesting.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Pleasantville is a quaint little town that's very Westchester...if you've never been to Westchester, it feels like you're stepping into a small rich town straight out of the movies. It's really THAT small and THAT quaint. I like it, but it's a bit different than my hometown of Albany. Still, there's a lot of greenery which is nice.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports are big at Pace even if our football team doesn't play very well. Our volleyball, soccer, basketball, and swim teams are all pretty good, and athletes make up a large portion of the student body. We're Division 2 so sports aren't everything, but the athletes are pushed hard and Pace supports them.

We have two campuses for just the undergrads in Westchester--one in Pleasantville (academic and residential) and one in Briarcliff Manor (purely residential). Both campuses are very pretty and fairly woodsy. There's a wonderful pond on the Pleasantville campus that you're bound to appreciate when going to class. The trek between the two campuses isn't bad and the transportation is provided for free. Some of the buildings clearly have history, like Choate house--it's a big pink building that used to be the home of a psychiatrist. Dr. Choate would often take his asylum patients out on the pond for some water therapy. Isn't that a great story?

What are your classes like?

The classes I took this semester were all required core classes that I just hadn't taken yet, but usually they're interesting anyway. No one wants to sit through a boring class so thank goodness even in the required classes, there are always a few good eggs who move the class along and entertain them. They're good lengths--luckily, the longest classes (3 hours) don't go straight through most of the time because teachers know we need breaks. Overall, I enjoy my classes.

Clubs based on cultural discussion are super popular, like ASAP (African Students at Pace) and OLAS (Organization of Latin American Students). There are many members of WPAW (the radio station) and I personally am very involved in the Pace Chronicle school paper. In the dorms, people usually leave their doors open--if you notice that they aren't open, leave yours open to encourage others--and that's how you occupy yourself at 1am on a Tuesday: meeting new people. You're not the only night owl! Greek life and sports are big at Pace even though the football team typically doesn't do well. The student body just has a lot of athletes. Fraternities and sororities, like I mentioned, are big. They continue to grow every year I'm here, particularly the cultural ones. I am not involved in any but it's impossible to avoid their presence on campus. Like myself, though, you don't need to join one to be social. On Saturday nights if you're not a drinker, there are always other students staying in as well so you can hang out with them or go to a school sponsored event like the party coming up this weekend that just involves dancing (there's a DJ, lots of people go). Also, there's a movie theatre in town as well as places like NYC and White Plains to go to get away from campus.

Pace students are pretty diverse. We have students representing tons of nations and cultures across the globe and members of the LGBT community. Socio-economically, the Pace student body is very diverse. Some of my closest friends come from very different socio-economic backgrounds as well as different races, genders and heritages. Kids don't dress up too much for class...you definitely see a lot of sweatpants, but there are still well-dressed people. This is my third year at Pace and honestly I've only come across a few people who gave me problems or disrespected me. So few, in fact, that I can count them on one hand. Yeah, you'll run into some negative people, but they exist everywhere. My experience at Pace has been very positive.

My professors all know my name since each class has no more than thirty people, usually (sometimes not even close to that). The library is always abuzz with people but there are also other places to study on campus, like the Willcox computer lab. I'm a Communications major and there are so many internship opportunities it's not even funny. That said, it's a huge school for nursing, business, accounting and finance. The core classes are useful and the AOKs (Area of Knowledge classes) are an interesting additive--we have to take a class with a community service component, one with a history component, one with an art component, etc. My favorite class I've taken at Pace is either Writing for Print Media or a class I took on Chick Flicks. My least favorite have been Oceanography and British Literature because they were simply too much pointless work.

The stereotype of students at my school is dependent on who's looking. The rich townspeople probably think we're all trouble making "hood rats" because we're not 1) all white and 2) all wealthy. Pace students go to Pace mostly because the financial aid is so good as far as private schools go, so there is a diverse community of students here. The image of Pace being diverse is definitely true, but I wouldn't call us a bunch of hood rats. Obviously, we're in college trying to create a better future.

My overall opinion of the school is that it is a small school so I am not just a number I feel like a person. I like the fact that this school promotes diversity and equality. When I told people or tell people I go here they say they knew someone who went there. The biggest recent controversy is why one of our students DJ Henry was shoot to death by the police and why that cop got cop of the year award.There is a lot of school pride. the most common complaint by the students is why the shuttle buses are always late.

The sterotype of students are studious kids who can balance having fun and their grades

Pace is just the right size. The majority of the student population is bound to say it is a "home away from home." The town is not much of a college town, however leaving campus is rather rare for most. School pride and Greek life are huge on the Pleasatville campus and social activities are constantly occuring. It is fair to say students are rarely ever bored when they are at school. The tuition, however, is ridiculous. I think that some of our facilities could certainly be updated for the amount of revenue the school is taking in.

Greek life is huge on the Pleasantville campus. There are over 20 different sororities and fraternities ranging from cultural to social. Athletics are very popular on campus as well even though we are a Division D school.

Again, we are a very diverse student body. There are several organizations on campus that gear toward nearly every walk of life whether it be homosexuality or what have you. Until I came to Pace I always lived in a predominately white town and when I came to college I was reluctant to find that there was such a variety of people that I could constantly surround myself with.

Classes are kept small which makes for prime individual attention. Opportunities are always being offered to students as well for internships and jobs after graduation.

The one thing I love about Pace is that there aren't many stereotypes within the student body. It is a very small, unique campus derived with students from so many diverse cultures. The only stereotypes I've stood witness to within my three years at Pace are within Greek Life. Each sorority and fraternity has their own "cliche" which has remained the same year after year.

Francisco

The advice that i will give my self if i could go back in time and see my self as a senior again will be to stop waisting your time and pay more attention to the teacher so that when you go to collage and try harder in college.

Aiyanna

Most known classmates are either greek, athletes, nursing majors,or business majors...all others in their own groups.

I would tell myself to work harder as a high school senior. I know I can do better than I did, I just didn't take it seriously. Thought I could just get into a college and be done with it. College choice makes a huge difference on your career. Also, I would let myself know that it's okay to change your major. Do whatever makes the better grades to get you where you want to be.

I actually attend the Pleasantville campus. You should attend this school if you're getting a full ride scholarship or have a lot of money. You should not go into debt with student loans from this school unless you're a nursing or business major. If you are interested in greek life or sports, this is the school for you.

Hilda

I really have grown to become comfortable of the environment of Pace. I love the leadership opportunities that Pace has provided for me. I think the size of the school is perfect, I don't just feel like a drop in the sea of students like some may feel at larger schools. However, Pace is not too small either. When I first told people I was attending Pace they seemed impressed that I was going to a school with such a good business background.

What are the most popular classes offered?

PUBLIC SPEAKING UNIVERSITY 101 INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE

The stereotype is that Pace is mainly a business school.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library or the computer lab

Legacy Events: FALL & SPRING FESTIVAL - FREE STUFF ALL OVER CAMPUS (BUILD-A-BEAR, FOOD, CARICATURES, ETC) HOMECOMING CONCERT - IN THE PAST WE HAVE HAD: BUSTA RHYMES< FABOLOUS, KANYE WEST, GYM CLASS HEROES, KERI HILSON

Describe the dorms.

The dorms vary by building. All dorms have RAs, gyms, cable, wifi and guards. All of them are also close to school. Maria's Towers is more of a communal space. Each floor share four bathrooms and two lounges. Also it's above the main building so it's only one elevator ride to class. It may seem a little weird at first but it is the BEST dorm for freshmen. You make your main friends and stories there. Fulton is more apartment like. You can get a closed quad or open quad. The closed has more privacy but the open seems to have more space. These dorms also have nicer bathrooms and full kitchens. John St is more of a separated space. Narrow hallways and tall ceilings. These rooms look more modern but are smaller than other dorms. Each room has their own bathroom but only two kitchens for the whole building. BROOKLYN DORMS (St. George & Clark St) Same building but two different sides. Downtown in Brooklyn Heights with free shuttle buses to school or just one MTA train stop away. These dorms have the best neighborhood. The rooms are bigger than John St. but very similar in style. The kitchen, lounges, and screening room in this building are really nice. Many people tend to say the Clark St. side is slightly better than the St George side.

The stereotype I am most aware of is that idea that Pace is mainly a business school. This is not accurate because the school is made up mainly students in the Arts & Science fields such as Communications and Theater Arts.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is there on campus but not as big as other schools. It's only more relevant when you are involved with it.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part is that it is diverse the worse part is that it's not as active as traditional-campuses

Describe a typical weekend.

Everyone kind of does their on thing when it comes to weekends. Basically hanging with their close friends around the city or at parties or concerts

What's the dating scene like?

There is not really a big on campus dating scene. But it's New York so there is someone for everyone so just get out there.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace because they offered me the most financial support in a private institution. I also loved the location.

Get you core done first! Try if possible to do 18 credits the first 2 years to make the last two less stress full. Also get involved with clubs they have great opportunities. Finally if possible dorm at Maria's Towers it might now look like the best dorm but you form friendships and experiences that will last for a very long time.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

When the Yankees won the World Series the Parade was right by the school and Pace hung a banner on the front building that said "Pace (hearts) Yankees". Because I was a Pace student the police let me closer to the blocked off streets and I even got to see Jay-Z perform. It was so much fun!

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

All the sports are at the other campus, sorry

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

Taking the elevator one floor DOWN Tuition price

The most popular clubs and organizations on campus are: P.A.C.E Board (the entertainment group that manages major events from Homecoming Concert to school-wide festivals), BSU (the black student union that address controversial topics effecting all students, not just minorities), Pace Press (the school news paper that covers both on campus and local news), POP TV (the student run television stations the broadcasts on campus), SGA (the student government), and the Greek Life (sororities/fraternities).

Students at Pace as in many New York City schools are very diverse. They are diverse in style, backgrounds, and interest. I feel that Pace has less of a competitive atmosphere and more of a social one.

I really appreciate the professors at Pace because a majority of them a working professionals within their field. I feel I am not just handed a textbook to read cover-to-cover but rather given real world knowledge and experience from insiders of the industry.

Rose

I absolutely love Pace! It was my first choice school and I'm so happy I came here. It is a small, private university which is very benefical when it comes to learning and student professor relationships. At Pace each of your professors knows your name and it is a community that we all take part in.

What are your classes like?

This semester my classes are becoming a bit easier. I'm only one full semester away from graduation so majority of my difficult course, I have already completed. I enjoy my classes this semester because they are really helping to get a taste of what I will be facing in the real world at a real job.

Pace University does have a large number of Greek life on campus, both social and ethnic. We do have an athletics program, with sports such as football, basketball, baseball, mens lacross and womens soccer. There are also a number of campus organizations such as the student radio station, the student newspaper, psychology club and a gaming club.

Pace University is very diverse. There are students from many different racial and cultural backgrounds. There are students from a range of social classes. There is a LGBT community at Pace University as well.

The academic programs at Pace are great. We have a diverse number classes in psychology, business, environmental science, media communication arts and many others. The professors are very personal and get to know each of their students. Classroom sizes are small which helps the student to get more one on one attention.

I do not think there are sterotypical groups of students at Pace University. We have a very diverse campus and many of the students are involved in multiple organizations and groups at Pace.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.