New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Alisha

Make sure you know how to manage your time and be very proactive! Join more clubs and always try to make time for yourself because sometimes it may get a little hectic! Stay focused and always ask for help when needed. Take more intro classes so by the time your ready to choose a major you know exactly what you want.

That I wanted to do pharmacy but still had a great experience learning about my self and finding life long friends

Honestly I cannot come up with a thing. Maybe how active the students are which is actually a good thing!

Very spread out. Some care a lot about there studies and some hardly care. Stay with the right crowd.

You worked hard to make it where you are now. Dont' stop now. Keep focused and your mind on what you want to achieve. This is your first time going away from home, get yourself involved. Many new social activities are going to come your way, learn how to manage your time. Yes you can have a good time, but keep your head in the books . It is easy to fall behind if you let yourself. Make a schedule that you can stick to. Have fun, be involved, and get good grades. (It costs a lot of money to have to retake a course). Enjoy yourself while you are young, but remember this is your seed to planting the rest of your life. Make the most out of your college experience and take advantage of everything your school has to offer.

tyler

My classmastes through college have expotentially suprised me with showing me how nice and caring we can all be to each other...

I would have told myself to be more social with the people around me. I was not anti social in high school but i taked to a lot less people. When I got to college I talked to more people and got highly more accepted because of this. I would also tell myself to study more in the books every night to get ready for college and practice at least 1 hour of chinese a day.

My school is actually very accepting for who you are as a person as well as your major. On this I believe any person can come into this school and be very happy.

Kelsey

Go and fill out every scholarship application you can lay your hands on. And study harder in Lit and Calc because 3's won't cut it.

There are so many opportunities here, with interships, with education, simply put I love it. It is not a traditional campus, New York City is our campus and it never leaves room for a dull moment. Pace has an honors program that puts you with advisors to help you get through your four years in the best ways possible. From helping you pick classes, guiding you towards the best professors for that area. There are people who can help you with everything you need, all you have to do is ask.

Someone who wants to be a part of a very nontraditional campus, and want to take on the adventure of the "big-city" life. It is a great school for the arts, Inside the Actors Studio is filmed here, but they are also great for many other areas of acedemic study.

Sungi

You never really know what type of people you'll be in class with, unless you either ask or sign up with people at the same time.

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!! In high school I never studied for anything because I was the type of student that always did his home work and participated in class; which you had five times a week, and did perfectly fine. Now that I'm in college and have a class a max of 2-3 times a week, I can't afford to rely only on my class participation and home work; studying outside of class, and not just the day before a test, is a lot more benefitial. I would also tell myself to do the home work even if the professor doesn't collect or grade it; it all helps put in the end.

Honestly there's really no specific type of person that will or wont fit in at this school. Regardlesas of what typw of person you are, odds are you'll find someone that you can get along with and relate to. There's a decent enough variety of people here.

Domingo

If I can go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to be open and speak to random people. Don't be shy and open up to others. The more open you are, the better. Through conversations with strangers, you learn a lot about the diversity of your school and the types of people that study in the same rooms you study. Make friends, and remember that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Also, consider dorming, even if its just for one semester. It might be a financial burden, but remember that it's important to spend a lot of time on campus in order to get the full college experience.

The worst thing about my school is the administration. They are corrupt and some of them find ways to make your life miserable when you sincerely try to succeed. Administration just makes it harder than they should in order to help you with anything.

I brag about the fact that I'm in the city and that I have the access to everything in the tip of my fingers. I have access to all the trains, theaters, restaurants, and touristic spots all so close to me.

Nikki

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are not the best, but I've seen worse. Maria's Towers is where most freshmen live, its right above the classrooms and its small with shared bathrooms, the only upside is you meet a lot of people quickly. There is also the option of John St., about a five minute walk from school and Clark and Henry St dorms in brooklyn, which are a short commute of ten minutes and newly updated. Fulton St dorms are the nicest and are the closest to school, but usually taken by seniors and juniors. By junior year most students get apartments because it is less of a hassle than dealing with Pace housing.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Pace University because I wanted a really unique college experience. I didn't want to be on a huge college campus, where I am just a number, or somewhere that is all about football. I love that fact that Pace gives me real world experience everyday just by the mere fact that it't in New York City. Pace is also great for it's connections in so many areas, I've really learned how to network in a short period of time.

Greek life is pretty active and is also very involved on campus. Student Government is a great way to become more involved at school as well. All the major departments have organizations that hold events that are interesting to attend.

The academics at Pace get a mixed review. When it comes to the professors its a hit or miss. The honors college and Lubin are known for their very good professors. The great thing about Pace is some of the unique classes like Urban Planning, New York architecture, and broadway shows.

The students at Pace University come from a diverse background. A majority of the school is from the east coast, but there is a large group of international students as well. Although it can feel like a commuter school at times, there are so many ways to get involved through on campus organizations, greek life and internships in lower Manhattan

One of the major stereotypes of Pace University is that its just a business school or just an acting school, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Pace has many majors within its other schools as well. Some other popular majors are communications, political science, and english.

Sebastian

I used to be one of those spoiled children who thought I could get through life just with charm. I would mainly advise myself on the importance of getting good grades. However, I did recieve this advice but it didn't settle in until it was a bit late. Therefore, I would also express the importance of working and succeeding by your own means. The realization of the importance of money is a key factor in appreciating your education. In life you need to prove yourself and there if lots of competition in the academic field, therefore you need to persue a career that engages you and you are willing to fight for.

The worst part about this school would have to be the tuition cost in relationship to what you recieve in exchange. The campus is quite small and doesn't have the nicest facilities/equipment (labs, gym, library, cafeteria, etc.) The high tuition with a low standard of education causes many of the students to be quite mediocre but with wealthy families who pay for their tuition. In other words there are many spoiled students who aren't studying because they want to, but because they are obligated to.

It is a very business oriented school and has a good business program. Therefore, I would recomend it to business students. If you're not interested in business I think it is a good steping stone school for students who haven't done as well as they wanted. At Pace students recieve valuable student-teacher relationships that allow you to improve your grades and/or experience in your field of study.

Maureen

I believe that the best thing about Pace is that the opportunities are endless. Not only with the accessibility provided by being a New York City campus, but classes and organizations which speak to a wide array of interests. There have been opportunities at Pace I wouldn't have had anywhere else. Pace University has led me to interests in art, marketing, women and gender's studies, and has made me have a more global awareness. I would not have got into having my own radio show or recreating a club organization that is revolutionizing the way students think. If I could change one thing, I'd make the process for class registration more organized. Sometimes classes are taken off or added last minute, professor's names aren't listed, and professors occasionally have no knowledge that they will be a teaching a course until a few days before which is unfair to them. I would say the school is just right. It is not too small where I know every single person and feel constricted. It is also not too big where I am a faceless student that falls between cracks. I receive the right amount of attention from professors and faculty and can also establish close relationships easily. Classes are just the right size to have many opinions and insights, but not too big where you are anonymous. I usually am all over the place at Pace. I spend a lot of time in classes and the library collaborating with club members. I also spend a lot of time at the WPUB radio station. I can also be found in the cafeteria a lot in between classes enjoying time with my friends. New York City is my campus which makes college life all the more exciting. There are endless museums, performances, art displays, and events going on. I never was interested in the college town craze, I like that I can go anywhere in the boroughs and do not need to rely on a car to take me everywhere or only have a limited amount of entertainment outside of my university. I am very satisfied with school administration. Professors are always willing to help the students and faculty are amenable to students' needs. Whenever I need to call or e-mail about any issue, I am promptly assisted. The school is run well and I do feel that administration does care about its students. The biggest recent controversy on campus was issues with our school's cafeteria. Yet I believe that it was handled well and I loved that students and faculty collaborated in boycotting Lackman and finding a better catering service. This is a perfect example of how administration caters to the needs of students. Students usually complain about financial aid issues, but it's tough on everyone especially in these times with fiscal turmoil.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library, silent reading room, computer labs and Student Union are the best places to get work done on campus. Anywhere else you are likely to have distractions and not have access to materials you will need in order to do your work.

Your first semester your schedule is picked out for you, but after that you really should put a lot of consideration into how you make your schedule. Always speak to a counselor or professor for advice and be sure to pick up a copy of the requirements for classes for your major/minor to make sure you can graduate on time. Also, definitely use ratemyprofessors.com because it really helps to limit your chances of having professors you aren't going to have problems with. I would definitely suggest getting involved in at least one club too. You don't know where the club may take you and it may spark new interests. It's good to get out there and not be afraid to explore.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The food at Pace is great. They have a lot of options from different cultures and they have many healthy options. Everyone starts off with a meal plan and most people use it up pretty fast. Money from the meal plan transfers over from the fall to spring, but not the spring to fall. There has also been this new concept of Flex Dollars. Flex Dollars are taken out of your meal plan and can be used at venues around Pace like Rosella's (which has AMAZING Italian food by the way). If the food at Pace doesn't cater to you, there are plenty of food places around campus to choose from.

What's the dating scene like?

I see different kind of couples at Pace. There are some that just hook up casually and there are some where you see the couple taking every class possible together to be with each other. Some couples fade and some last. One of my good friends used to just want to hook up with girls, but he met one girl at Pace and they've hit it off so well that I think they can last in a serious relationship even after graduation.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is decently popular at Pace. Student organizations sometimes collaborate with sororities and fraternities on events and fundraising. The Greek life at Pace involves values and sororities and fraternities hold events like bake sales and blood drives for respectable causes. I don't see or know of any incidents of violent, embarrassing, or cruel hazing either.

I don't think the stereotypes of Pace are very accurate because you can literally find every type of person and every type of student at Pace.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Pace University is a school of opportunity. Whether you are interested in business, nursing, or liberal arts and sciences, you can find what you're looking for and more. The great thing about Pace is that you get the best of both worlds. If you are interested in a city campus, you have access to it. Yet you want a more traditional rural campus then you also have access to it through the Pleasantville campus. You can take a wide variety of classes, be exposed to many organizations, and have many options in the steps taken to a career. Pace helps you a lot in not just getting a degree, but a job. They offer many internships and jobs through top companies and faculty always encourage students to do and search for more.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Immediately around Pace is the Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall Park, New York Stock Exchange, and the South Street Seaport. There are many stores, parks, and restaurants for your convenience. Also, there is the R, J, M, Z, 4, 5, 6, 2, and 3 trains all within a 5 block radius to take you anywhere in the 5 boroughs.

Describe the dorms.

I don't dorm, but I have been in my friend's dorm in Maria's Tower, on John Street, and in the St. George Hotel in Brooklyn. Maria's Tower is the lowest quality of the dorms, but most convenient because you can just take an elevator down to get to your classes since Maria's Tower is in the same building as most classes offered at the Manhattan Campus. John Street dorms are only a few blocks away and are very nice. Usually two people dorm in the rooms as opposed to St. George Hotel where there are three people to a dorm. The walls are also thicker at John Street, you can hear everything in the dorms around you in the Brooklyn dorms. Yet the Brooklyn dorms are very nice and are in a beautiful neighborhood that's two stops away from the campus by train.

My campus is New York City. I don't have quads or sports arenas at Pace, but I have access to every museum, landmark, store, art exhibit, etc. My campus is unlimited.

What do students complain about most?

Issues with financial aid. Sometimes certain fees were forgotten about and need to be paid for. Yet it's hard to stay on top of finances as a college student and I'm sure students at every school come to have some sort of issues with financial aid.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Pace because I felt that it was the best school to suit my needs. It is not too big where I am lost and not recognized on an individual level, but not too small where I don't feel enough diversity. The academics are fair where they are not too easy where I do not feel challenged, but not too difficult where I feel like giving up on college. There are students of all kinds at Pace so there is a huge variety of experiences to exchange. Professors care about their students and aren't just pompous intellectuals with degrees, but people active in their field and that have made contributions to society. Overall, Pace is the perfect school for someone who wants to have access to the world, an immense range of interests and opportunities, and feel that they are truly a part of a school and not just a number in a statistic.

Fraternities and sororities are prevalent at Pace. The LGBQTA also has many events and is seen active in the Pace community. The Pace Advertising club engages members and non-members with ice cream socials during the semester. Pace Press is also very popular. C.O.R.E. (Consciousness of Reality Everywhere) is a club that I am very involved in. In my first semester of Pace I was secretary of C.O.R.E. when it was known as STAND (the student anti-genocide coalition). As we have come on our journey of development and discovery, we have changed our name, image, and values to reach out to more Pace students. Our mission is to enhance the human connection and to think outside of our everyday routines. We accept our responsibility to one another and think of the world around us in both immediate ways and on a global level. We find out more about ourselves and humanity through our weekly discussions that range from defining what it means to be a human to discussing different mental disorders categorized in different cultures. I met my closest friends through a friend I made at the very beginning of my studies at Pace. I attended the bowling social that Pace hosted for freshman. Through the friend I made that night, I was introduced to his friends that he made during orientation and through classes. My circle quickly spread and I have very good friendships at Pace that I believe will carry on after graduation. If I'm awake at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday I am most likely studying for a test or reading something for my own leisure. College students do tend to be insomniacs and most of the time you will find me awake at 2 a.m. on Tuesdays just out of habit. I would say that there is a huge party scene at Pace because there are constantly things going on around Pace. Yet I wouldn't know first hand much about Pace's party scene because I do not dorm and dormers are more likely to be found partying even during the week. Fraternities and sororities are important around Pace and many students are involved. Yet they are not stereotypical in hazing and actually are involved in improving the Pace community as well as reaching out to other organizations through bake sales, blood drives, etc. There is plenty to do on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking. There are always performances, art galleries, athletic events, music concerts, and hundreds of other events going on in the city at any time.

There are students of every kind at Pace. I have never had or heard of bad experiences with discrimination issues. Pace is very accepting of people of all backgrounds and lifestyles. I do not think that any group of people is ever limited in opportunities and I have never witnessed any sort of bias. I do not think that any kind of student could feel out of place at this school. I have seen very race in my classrooms and the halls of Pace. The LGBTQ is prominent and is accepted by many students. I have met students from all socio-economic backgrounds and from all over the world. Their experiences, customs, and traditions only bring more cultural enrichment to the Pace community. There are middle aged adults in my classes that aren't looked at strange for having children and jobs beforehand. I have seen students with physical and mental impairments who still succeed and are treated no different than any other student. Students do not separate into regimented cliques based on race, religion, lifestyle, etc. Students blend and overlap and everyone seems to see each other as people instead of noting people by differences. There are many students politically aware and active. I know of a few Pace students who participated in Occupy Wall Street. The New York Times is provided free to students and you have to get to Pace early to get a paper, because everyone is always eager to read it. One of the advantages of being a school in New York City is the fact that you have easy access to the world and students really do seize that.

The professors at Pace truly enjoy their job. Not every professor is the greatest, but I have had no serious issues with any professor that I have had at Pace. I always find professors to truly engage with students, know them by name, and establish bonds that surpass the classroom. My favorite class at Pace was Performing Poetry with Erica Fabri. The class was unorthodox and introduced me to a branch of poetry that I had no knowledge of. I have always been interested in poetry, but I had not put thought into performance poetry before. I had to watch Def Jam on Youtube for homework and I found myself spending hours watching videos of artists performing poetry. It really sparked creativity and I never felt such close connections with my fellow classmates. It definitely opened me up to a lot of things. My least favorite class was Finite Mathematics. I did not enjoy this class because I do not think that it is wise to use PowerPoint to do mathematical equations. The professor did not explain clearly and he often made errors in his computations. Despite the fact that I am terrible at mathematics, I survived the class with a B+. I have never taken a class where there was not a heavy amount of student participation. Lectures do not engage students and are not beneficial for neither student nor professor. Students always voice opinions and are not afraid to ask questions when confused. Students definitely take their intellectual conversations outside the classroom. I have been part of deep, philosophical conversations even in the cafeteria over chicken Caesar wraps. Sometimes conversations in the classroom continue afterwards and sometimes conversations prior to class continue into class time. Students care about their studies and there are many truly intellectual students at Pace. The Psychology department at Pace is wonderful. I have gone to professors for advice even when I have never taken a class with them. There are many different, interesting classes to take for my major and I have never had a Psychology professor that I have anything bad to say about. What I like most about professors in the Psychology department is that they do not just teach psychology, but are active in the field. I feel that the school's academic requirements are very good. Students are required to take classes outside their major that may inspire new interests and will open them up to a variety of areas of knowledge. It is because of how Pace does its requirements that I have found new interests and took a minor in art. The education at Pace in terms of classes is more geared for learning, but the university as a whole provides many opportunities for gaining internships and employment.

Before attending Pace, I was told that it was filled with mostly Asians and business students. I would say that this is inaccurate because most students I meet are not business students and Pace University is very diverse. There is also said to be a high level of homosexuals that attend Pace, which I wouldn't necessarily categorize as accurate, but there is a high level of acceptance of homosexuality.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.