New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Kelsey

Go and fill out every scholarship application you can lay your hands on. And study harder in Lit and Calc because 3's won't cut it.

There are so many opportunities here, with interships, with education, simply put I love it. It is not a traditional campus, New York City is our campus and it never leaves room for a dull moment. Pace has an honors program that puts you with advisors to help you get through your four years in the best ways possible. From helping you pick classes, guiding you towards the best professors for that area. There are people who can help you with everything you need, all you have to do is ask.

Someone who wants to be a part of a very nontraditional campus, and want to take on the adventure of the "big-city" life. It is a great school for the arts, Inside the Actors Studio is filmed here, but they are also great for many other areas of acedemic study.

Sungi

You never really know what type of people you'll be in class with, unless you either ask or sign up with people at the same time.

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!! In high school I never studied for anything because I was the type of student that always did his home work and participated in class; which you had five times a week, and did perfectly fine. Now that I'm in college and have a class a max of 2-3 times a week, I can't afford to rely only on my class participation and home work; studying outside of class, and not just the day before a test, is a lot more benefitial. I would also tell myself to do the home work even if the professor doesn't collect or grade it; it all helps put in the end.

Honestly there's really no specific type of person that will or wont fit in at this school. Regardlesas of what typw of person you are, odds are you'll find someone that you can get along with and relate to. There's a decent enough variety of people here.

Domingo

If I can go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to be open and speak to random people. Don't be shy and open up to others. The more open you are, the better. Through conversations with strangers, you learn a lot about the diversity of your school and the types of people that study in the same rooms you study. Make friends, and remember that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Also, consider dorming, even if its just for one semester. It might be a financial burden, but remember that it's important to spend a lot of time on campus in order to get the full college experience.

The worst thing about my school is the administration. They are corrupt and some of them find ways to make your life miserable when you sincerely try to succeed. Administration just makes it harder than they should in order to help you with anything.

I brag about the fact that I'm in the city and that I have the access to everything in the tip of my fingers. I have access to all the trains, theaters, restaurants, and touristic spots all so close to me.

Nikki

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are not the best, but I've seen worse. Maria's Towers is where most freshmen live, its right above the classrooms and its small with shared bathrooms, the only upside is you meet a lot of people quickly. There is also the option of John St., about a five minute walk from school and Clark and Henry St dorms in brooklyn, which are a short commute of ten minutes and newly updated. Fulton St dorms are the nicest and are the closest to school, but usually taken by seniors and juniors. By junior year most students get apartments because it is less of a hassle than dealing with Pace housing.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Pace University because I wanted a really unique college experience. I didn't want to be on a huge college campus, where I am just a number, or somewhere that is all about football. I love that fact that Pace gives me real world experience everyday just by the mere fact that it't in New York City. Pace is also great for it's connections in so many areas, I've really learned how to network in a short period of time.

Greek life is pretty active and is also very involved on campus. Student Government is a great way to become more involved at school as well. All the major departments have organizations that hold events that are interesting to attend.

The academics at Pace get a mixed review. When it comes to the professors its a hit or miss. The honors college and Lubin are known for their very good professors. The great thing about Pace is some of the unique classes like Urban Planning, New York architecture, and broadway shows.

The students at Pace University come from a diverse background. A majority of the school is from the east coast, but there is a large group of international students as well. Although it can feel like a commuter school at times, there are so many ways to get involved through on campus organizations, greek life and internships in lower Manhattan

One of the major stereotypes of Pace University is that its just a business school or just an acting school, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Pace has many majors within its other schools as well. Some other popular majors are communications, political science, and english.

Sebastian

I used to be one of those spoiled children who thought I could get through life just with charm. I would mainly advise myself on the importance of getting good grades. However, I did recieve this advice but it didn't settle in until it was a bit late. Therefore, I would also express the importance of working and succeeding by your own means. The realization of the importance of money is a key factor in appreciating your education. In life you need to prove yourself and there if lots of competition in the academic field, therefore you need to persue a career that engages you and you are willing to fight for.

The worst part about this school would have to be the tuition cost in relationship to what you recieve in exchange. The campus is quite small and doesn't have the nicest facilities/equipment (labs, gym, library, cafeteria, etc.) The high tuition with a low standard of education causes many of the students to be quite mediocre but with wealthy families who pay for their tuition. In other words there are many spoiled students who aren't studying because they want to, but because they are obligated to.

It is a very business oriented school and has a good business program. Therefore, I would recomend it to business students. If you're not interested in business I think it is a good steping stone school for students who haven't done as well as they wanted. At Pace students recieve valuable student-teacher relationships that allow you to improve your grades and/or experience in your field of study.

Maureen

I believe that the best thing about Pace is that the opportunities are endless. Not only with the accessibility provided by being a New York City campus, but classes and organizations which speak to a wide array of interests. There have been opportunities at Pace I wouldn't have had anywhere else. Pace University has led me to interests in art, marketing, women and gender's studies, and has made me have a more global awareness. I would not have got into having my own radio show or recreating a club organization that is revolutionizing the way students think. If I could change one thing, I'd make the process for class registration more organized. Sometimes classes are taken off or added last minute, professor's names aren't listed, and professors occasionally have no knowledge that they will be a teaching a course until a few days before which is unfair to them. I would say the school is just right. It is not too small where I know every single person and feel constricted. It is also not too big where I am a faceless student that falls between cracks. I receive the right amount of attention from professors and faculty and can also establish close relationships easily. Classes are just the right size to have many opinions and insights, but not too big where you are anonymous. I usually am all over the place at Pace. I spend a lot of time in classes and the library collaborating with club members. I also spend a lot of time at the WPUB radio station. I can also be found in the cafeteria a lot in between classes enjoying time with my friends. New York City is my campus which makes college life all the more exciting. There are endless museums, performances, art displays, and events going on. I never was interested in the college town craze, I like that I can go anywhere in the boroughs and do not need to rely on a car to take me everywhere or only have a limited amount of entertainment outside of my university. I am very satisfied with school administration. Professors are always willing to help the students and faculty are amenable to students' needs. Whenever I need to call or e-mail about any issue, I am promptly assisted. The school is run well and I do feel that administration does care about its students. The biggest recent controversy on campus was issues with our school's cafeteria. Yet I believe that it was handled well and I loved that students and faculty collaborated in boycotting Lackman and finding a better catering service. This is a perfect example of how administration caters to the needs of students. Students usually complain about financial aid issues, but it's tough on everyone especially in these times with fiscal turmoil.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library, silent reading room, computer labs and Student Union are the best places to get work done on campus. Anywhere else you are likely to have distractions and not have access to materials you will need in order to do your work.

Your first semester your schedule is picked out for you, but after that you really should put a lot of consideration into how you make your schedule. Always speak to a counselor or professor for advice and be sure to pick up a copy of the requirements for classes for your major/minor to make sure you can graduate on time. Also, definitely use ratemyprofessors.com because it really helps to limit your chances of having professors you aren't going to have problems with. I would definitely suggest getting involved in at least one club too. You don't know where the club may take you and it may spark new interests. It's good to get out there and not be afraid to explore.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The food at Pace is great. They have a lot of options from different cultures and they have many healthy options. Everyone starts off with a meal plan and most people use it up pretty fast. Money from the meal plan transfers over from the fall to spring, but not the spring to fall. There has also been this new concept of Flex Dollars. Flex Dollars are taken out of your meal plan and can be used at venues around Pace like Rosella's (which has AMAZING Italian food by the way). If the food at Pace doesn't cater to you, there are plenty of food places around campus to choose from.

What's the dating scene like?

I see different kind of couples at Pace. There are some that just hook up casually and there are some where you see the couple taking every class possible together to be with each other. Some couples fade and some last. One of my good friends used to just want to hook up with girls, but he met one girl at Pace and they've hit it off so well that I think they can last in a serious relationship even after graduation.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is decently popular at Pace. Student organizations sometimes collaborate with sororities and fraternities on events and fundraising. The Greek life at Pace involves values and sororities and fraternities hold events like bake sales and blood drives for respectable causes. I don't see or know of any incidents of violent, embarrassing, or cruel hazing either.

I don't think the stereotypes of Pace are very accurate because you can literally find every type of person and every type of student at Pace.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Pace University is a school of opportunity. Whether you are interested in business, nursing, or liberal arts and sciences, you can find what you're looking for and more. The great thing about Pace is that you get the best of both worlds. If you are interested in a city campus, you have access to it. Yet you want a more traditional rural campus then you also have access to it through the Pleasantville campus. You can take a wide variety of classes, be exposed to many organizations, and have many options in the steps taken to a career. Pace helps you a lot in not just getting a degree, but a job. They offer many internships and jobs through top companies and faculty always encourage students to do and search for more.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Immediately around Pace is the Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall Park, New York Stock Exchange, and the South Street Seaport. There are many stores, parks, and restaurants for your convenience. Also, there is the R, J, M, Z, 4, 5, 6, 2, and 3 trains all within a 5 block radius to take you anywhere in the 5 boroughs.

Describe the dorms.

I don't dorm, but I have been in my friend's dorm in Maria's Tower, on John Street, and in the St. George Hotel in Brooklyn. Maria's Tower is the lowest quality of the dorms, but most convenient because you can just take an elevator down to get to your classes since Maria's Tower is in the same building as most classes offered at the Manhattan Campus. John Street dorms are only a few blocks away and are very nice. Usually two people dorm in the rooms as opposed to St. George Hotel where there are three people to a dorm. The walls are also thicker at John Street, you can hear everything in the dorms around you in the Brooklyn dorms. Yet the Brooklyn dorms are very nice and are in a beautiful neighborhood that's two stops away from the campus by train.

My campus is New York City. I don't have quads or sports arenas at Pace, but I have access to every museum, landmark, store, art exhibit, etc. My campus is unlimited.

What do students complain about most?

Issues with financial aid. Sometimes certain fees were forgotten about and need to be paid for. Yet it's hard to stay on top of finances as a college student and I'm sure students at every school come to have some sort of issues with financial aid.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Pace because I felt that it was the best school to suit my needs. It is not too big where I am lost and not recognized on an individual level, but not too small where I don't feel enough diversity. The academics are fair where they are not too easy where I do not feel challenged, but not too difficult where I feel like giving up on college. There are students of all kinds at Pace so there is a huge variety of experiences to exchange. Professors care about their students and aren't just pompous intellectuals with degrees, but people active in their field and that have made contributions to society. Overall, Pace is the perfect school for someone who wants to have access to the world, an immense range of interests and opportunities, and feel that they are truly a part of a school and not just a number in a statistic.

Fraternities and sororities are prevalent at Pace. The LGBQTA also has many events and is seen active in the Pace community. The Pace Advertising club engages members and non-members with ice cream socials during the semester. Pace Press is also very popular. C.O.R.E. (Consciousness of Reality Everywhere) is a club that I am very involved in. In my first semester of Pace I was secretary of C.O.R.E. when it was known as STAND (the student anti-genocide coalition). As we have come on our journey of development and discovery, we have changed our name, image, and values to reach out to more Pace students. Our mission is to enhance the human connection and to think outside of our everyday routines. We accept our responsibility to one another and think of the world around us in both immediate ways and on a global level. We find out more about ourselves and humanity through our weekly discussions that range from defining what it means to be a human to discussing different mental disorders categorized in different cultures. I met my closest friends through a friend I made at the very beginning of my studies at Pace. I attended the bowling social that Pace hosted for freshman. Through the friend I made that night, I was introduced to his friends that he made during orientation and through classes. My circle quickly spread and I have very good friendships at Pace that I believe will carry on after graduation. If I'm awake at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday I am most likely studying for a test or reading something for my own leisure. College students do tend to be insomniacs and most of the time you will find me awake at 2 a.m. on Tuesdays just out of habit. I would say that there is a huge party scene at Pace because there are constantly things going on around Pace. Yet I wouldn't know first hand much about Pace's party scene because I do not dorm and dormers are more likely to be found partying even during the week. Fraternities and sororities are important around Pace and many students are involved. Yet they are not stereotypical in hazing and actually are involved in improving the Pace community as well as reaching out to other organizations through bake sales, blood drives, etc. There is plenty to do on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking. There are always performances, art galleries, athletic events, music concerts, and hundreds of other events going on in the city at any time.

There are students of every kind at Pace. I have never had or heard of bad experiences with discrimination issues. Pace is very accepting of people of all backgrounds and lifestyles. I do not think that any group of people is ever limited in opportunities and I have never witnessed any sort of bias. I do not think that any kind of student could feel out of place at this school. I have seen very race in my classrooms and the halls of Pace. The LGBTQ is prominent and is accepted by many students. I have met students from all socio-economic backgrounds and from all over the world. Their experiences, customs, and traditions only bring more cultural enrichment to the Pace community. There are middle aged adults in my classes that aren't looked at strange for having children and jobs beforehand. I have seen students with physical and mental impairments who still succeed and are treated no different than any other student. Students do not separate into regimented cliques based on race, religion, lifestyle, etc. Students blend and overlap and everyone seems to see each other as people instead of noting people by differences. There are many students politically aware and active. I know of a few Pace students who participated in Occupy Wall Street. The New York Times is provided free to students and you have to get to Pace early to get a paper, because everyone is always eager to read it. One of the advantages of being a school in New York City is the fact that you have easy access to the world and students really do seize that.

The professors at Pace truly enjoy their job. Not every professor is the greatest, but I have had no serious issues with any professor that I have had at Pace. I always find professors to truly engage with students, know them by name, and establish bonds that surpass the classroom. My favorite class at Pace was Performing Poetry with Erica Fabri. The class was unorthodox and introduced me to a branch of poetry that I had no knowledge of. I have always been interested in poetry, but I had not put thought into performance poetry before. I had to watch Def Jam on Youtube for homework and I found myself spending hours watching videos of artists performing poetry. It really sparked creativity and I never felt such close connections with my fellow classmates. It definitely opened me up to a lot of things. My least favorite class was Finite Mathematics. I did not enjoy this class because I do not think that it is wise to use PowerPoint to do mathematical equations. The professor did not explain clearly and he often made errors in his computations. Despite the fact that I am terrible at mathematics, I survived the class with a B+. I have never taken a class where there was not a heavy amount of student participation. Lectures do not engage students and are not beneficial for neither student nor professor. Students always voice opinions and are not afraid to ask questions when confused. Students definitely take their intellectual conversations outside the classroom. I have been part of deep, philosophical conversations even in the cafeteria over chicken Caesar wraps. Sometimes conversations in the classroom continue afterwards and sometimes conversations prior to class continue into class time. Students care about their studies and there are many truly intellectual students at Pace. The Psychology department at Pace is wonderful. I have gone to professors for advice even when I have never taken a class with them. There are many different, interesting classes to take for my major and I have never had a Psychology professor that I have anything bad to say about. What I like most about professors in the Psychology department is that they do not just teach psychology, but are active in the field. I feel that the school's academic requirements are very good. Students are required to take classes outside their major that may inspire new interests and will open them up to a variety of areas of knowledge. It is because of how Pace does its requirements that I have found new interests and took a minor in art. The education at Pace in terms of classes is more geared for learning, but the university as a whole provides many opportunities for gaining internships and employment.

Before attending Pace, I was told that it was filled with mostly Asians and business students. I would say that this is inaccurate because most students I meet are not business students and Pace University is very diverse. There is also said to be a high level of homosexuals that attend Pace, which I wouldn't necessarily categorize as accurate, but there is a high level of acceptance of homosexuality.

Katie

Pace has become a home to myself and everyone that I associate with on campus. The best thing about Pace is the size. Pace is not too large and not so small where you know every single person. Every time I tell someone I go to Pace University they assume I mean the city campus, although I do take classes on that campus, my home campus is Westchester in Pleasantville. Unfortunately, not many people know of this town or area because it is so small. When I first came to Pace, I really did not like the small town because I am from a very large city (Washington, D.C), but the town truly grew on me and helped me form a love for my school community as well. There are multiple bars and restaurants for students to explore (plus plenty of late night spots when caf food just will not do). All in all the area is very feasible for a college student. The main reason why I chose Pace was because of the rating it received for "Schools that Make You Rich" and their internship program. Pace focuses a lot on their post graduation program, especially finding a job after graduation. The only constant student complaint is the cafeteria food but I feel as though that is every school because nothing will beat a home cooked meal.

The fact that it is enough outside of the city for it to be a real suburban college town but close enough to the city where the commute is very feasible.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are not the best but Pace is doing a lot of renovations very soon that involves combining all of the Westchester campus'. The townhouses are a favorite place for students to dorm on campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The location was ideal because it was so close to NYC. I also heard great things about the school as a whole and the success of the graduates.

What are your classes like?

My classes are very focused on my concentration of Public Relations. I have Communications major requirements but I have been able to focus that on PR. They vary from Writing a Public Relations Copy to Radio and Television Communications. There are more intriguing classes such as Invasion of Reality Television and Event Planning. All of my classes give me real life experience that I will need for my coming graduation and quest for my career.

Like I said on the last answer there is an organization on Pace's campus for ANYTHING. If a student feels like a group is not being represented, they are more than welcome to bring it in front of our Student Association and make it an official organization. Pace University in general is a very welcoming place and the dorm room doors are open a majority of the time. Many close friends are made in your dorm hall or in an organization that they belong to. Athletics are no the most important thing on campus but they have been making efforts to make our games more popular and for more people to attend them (tailgating with alcohol and free giveaways at games). There are many traditions that students look forward to every year and there are definitely the parties that everyone will prepare for weeks in advance. Greek life is very present on campus and is continuously growing. Pace encourages everyone to go Greek. Students do tend to stay on campus on the weekends and many of that has to do with Greek functions and parties.

One of the other reasons I chose Pace was the diversity. The way I was brought up in my hometown of DC was color- blind. I knew once I visited campus that there was someone of each racial and ethnic group represented in the common areas and the dorm halls. There is not one group that would ever feel out of place here, not even within the international student group on campus. Some groups of people are more willing to interact than others but being in class and doing group projects and other things forces all different people to interact when they may have never thought to before. There are SO many different organizations on campus for ANY group of people, BSU (Black Student Union), SOCA (Students of Caribbean Awareness), VISA (International Students), OLAS(Latin American) are just a few to name. They are all overseen by the Student Association which is run by an executive board. This gives students an opportunity of leadership on campus and is a great resume builder.

Another positive about a smaller campus is that the professors really do know your name. This semester I only took classes that meet once a week and all of my professors had my name down the first time we met. My major is Communications and my department Dyson College of Arts and Sciences is one of the largest and there is still no question of identity. Classes are usually not very structured and the class size is normally not over 25 (unless it is a nursing class). The conversation topics are always more interesting because of the student conversations/debates. I have had many circumstances where the debates would spill over into the hallways after. I have a very close relationship with my advisor and professors in the Communications department. I feel as though many of my peers have the same experience as well with at least one of their instructors. The needs of the students are always taken care of especially in the task of a career versus a job after graduation.

I feel as though Pace University is such a close knit community that there will always be stereotypes. The different social groups are all typical; athletes, frats/sororities, druggies, socialites. However, the common thread of Pace does bring everyone together. In a time of great tragedy such as the one that occurred last year with the death of one of our beloved classmates,Pace came together and showed our unity. Although this tragedy was plastered all over the media and caused much controversy, we were still able to come together and still continue to fight for justice.

Monique

My first semester of college is coming to an end and I can honestly say it has been one interesting semester. Pace University is the perfect school for me. What I like about the university is the location. I was very scared of moving out my house and going to live by myself, but since the campus is only 45 minutes and a bridge away, it was close enough for me to be able to be near home, but still be far enough to get the college experience. The school is not big nor is it too small, its a very well medium-sized campus. Pace University has numerous campuses for you to find the one you want to attend: New York City, White Plains, Westchester/Plesantville. Its very tight-knit and almost everyone on campus knows you.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best thing about the social scene is the diversity of people that you have at the school. And when you want to go out you can go into town or take a train trip to the city campus or a shopping trip. The downside would be for the commuters mostly. Since they commute its hard for them to be opened to the same as the students that are residents.

What's the dating scene like?

Ah date life. Although people have boy/girlfriends, does not mean dating is a crucial thing. Even though its not a big thing it is very easy to find a mate or just a "friend with benefits." There is someone for everyone, so have fun with it.

The new incoming freshmen should know a few things. First, make sure you get everything financially done ASAP, you will get penalized if you don't. With dorming, you don't always get the roommate or roommates you want or the dorm. However at orientation if you already have a dorm and roommate in mind you can fill out a form there. Majority of the time you get what you ask. If you are interested in student activities, in particular, Greek Life, ALL FRESHMEN CAN NOT JOIN A FRATERNITY OR SORORITY UNTIL SPRING SEMESTER OF YOUR FRESHMEN YEAR. Believeme thats not bad, it gives you time to get used to the campus as well as college life. And finally, RELAX! Don't overwhelm yourself, you have 4 years to enjoy everything.

What are your classes like?

Most of the classes here have a ratio of 25:1, which is beneficial for the students because the professor has the opprotunity to get to know each student individually. You will get classes that have only 12 students or even a class with more than 25 students. In some cases depending on the credit you recieve from the class or the professor, you will have classes that are 4 hours long or at night or early in the morning. Whatever the case is, you will get something out the class.

What do students complain about most?

The biggest complaint at Pace would have to go to the financial and student assistance office (OSA). Although students do complain about it alot, the complaints get taken care of.

Pace University in Westchester is not big nor is it small but just right. Once you enter the university you will be greeted with housing dorms Martin and North Hall. Getting from your dorm to class is very easy to do because its just a short walk across campus. On average it takes a student only a few minutes to get to class. The way around campus is very easy, but if you do get lost there are campus maps all over. The campus dining hall, Kessel, is where you can find majority of the students hanging out between or before class.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend consists of sleeping in, watching tv, eating, chilling with friends and possibly if there is one, party. The weekends are the days when you can just relax from classes and get some study time or you time in.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Once you step off campus you see trees, the highway, beautiful houses, and a taste a Westchester. The town is very small and has everything. If you want a tattoo, a piercing, go grocery shopping, get some fast food if you're tired of campus food or take a train ride its all available to you when you step off campus.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors at Pace are really here to push you to be the best you can be and excel in their class as well as in college in general. In my first semester i had six professors that all knew me by name. The classes are relatively small which is good because it allows the professor to know each student as an individual.

The education at this school is both geared toward getting a job and a learning experience for you. The university offers a lot of work-study and on campus jobs in the field you want to work in. As well as internships in the local area or in the Big Apple. If you are interested in a internship in media, they have internships in television networks, and/or radio productions. Interested in medical, they have internships where you can audit a procedure in a local hospital or in the university infirmary with real licensed nurses. The best part is if you do a great job at that internship, you can even get a job offer right after you graduate, and Pace paved that way for you.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Pace University Westchester has two dining hall one on each campus, Pleasantville and Briarcliff. The main dining hall is Kessel on Pleasantville. Kessel serves hot food like burgers, quesadillas and french fries that is cooked right in front of you. Kessel has a sandwich/wrap station that allows you to make any type of sandwich you want. It also has a pizza and pasta station. Another thing in Kessel that is attractive is the ice cream maker machine. It makes any kind of ice cream you want in seconds. On Briarcliff you have the same options as PLV. The food is really good and if anything is not made to your liking take it back and get either the same thing or something different. If you're hungry for a late night bite and both halls are closed, on Briarcliff there is a late night eating area called Pace Perk that offers you food and drinks and some nights Pizza Hut.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

Homecoming week. There was so much school spirit and everyone was having fun. There was a comedian, step and stroll competiton, pep rally, a baazar, and fireworks. Another day is when we remembered the memory of Danroy "DJ" Henry, a student who was shot and killed by the police 12 days before his birthday. Every single faculty member, students and even students that didn't know DJ got together and honored him.

To me the most unique thing about the campus is the Choate Pond in the center of the campus and just the location and the people.

Describe the dorms.

The Westchester campus has two dorm campuses: Pleasantville and Briarcliff. The main n campus has three dorms: Martin Hall, North Hall and Townhouse. Both Martin and North Hall house male and female students. The dorm rooms are not carpets and comes with built in walk in closets. The floors are either same sex or co-ed floors, with the opposite sex being on the far opposite side of the dorm. The bathrooms and showers are communi cal to the entire floor. The Townhouses are only for upperclassmen male and females. The houses are built in apartment style and houses eight students in four double sized rooms. The dorm has a full kitchen, a living and dining room & two bathrooms. The Briarcliff campus has five dorm halls, Howard Johnson, Hillside, Valley, New Dorm and Dow Hall. Howard Johnson is the new dorm that is only for undergraduate female students. The rooms are mainly doubles but also have triple and quad rooms. come equipped with air conditioning, carpet, a walk in closet as well as a microfridge. Hillside & Valley Hall are co-ed dorms that have double, triple and quad rooms. Some of the rooms have wardrobes or walk in closets. The rooms are not carpeted but have air conditioning. Hillside,Valley & Howard Johnson all have communical bathrooms and showers that are cleaned daily by a cleaning service (the same for North & Martin Hall on Pleasantville). Dow Hall is mainly for honor students and student athletes. The rooms are built in suite styles and are double rooms the suite mates share one bathroom & the rooms also come with a walk in closet. New Dorm is like the Townhouses instead it doesn't have a kitchen or two bathroom and instead of housing eight students it houses four. New dorm rooms come with a balcony, a bathroom and a living room area and every roommate has there own room.

What's the Greek scene like?

Both Pace University campuses, NYC and Westchester/Pleasantville, have Greek Life. However on the Westchester campus greek life is more enforced. Pace offers several greek fraternities and sororities such as Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta and Alpha Phi Alpha. Greek life on campus is very popular and a big thing for some. If you are interested in pledging and you're a freshman you will have to wait till your SECOND semester of your first year.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Pace University - Westchester is a Division II. Team with 21 NCAA teams. Pace offers teams such as: football, men and women basketball, and volleyball just to name a few. Pace also has intramural sports for students that don't want to play competitive but for fun.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The location really drew me in. I'm close to home which is Rockland County a 30min drive from the campus, but I'm far enough to get the college experience.

A stereotype the Pace University- Westchester Campus has is that the student development activities is mainly Greek Life.The campus has an organization for everything. Such as: if you're interested in radio, Pace has their own radio show called WPAW that is streamed live on Ustream. We have culture, academic, and religious organizations also like Black Student Union (BSU), Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS), Students of Caribbean Awareness (SOCA), Student Nurses at Pace (SNAP) and much more.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The Library is the most productive place to get your work done. Tutoring centers are at your disposal.

The campus is a HUGE melting pot of identities, personalities and nationalities. This school is very open-mined and friendly to all groups whether it is sexual orientation or religion. The campus has one of everything, meaning we have lesbians, bi-sexual, and gays, and no one is ridiculed for it. The campus has a LGBT ally group called the Gay Straight Alliance. As well as a group for African American students, Black Student Union, Latin American: Organization of Latin American Students, Caribbean:Students of Caribbean Awareness, and Asians: Desi Heritage of Southeast Asia. The school does NOT outcast you for being different. Students wear whatever they feel is comfortable to them. Whether that is sweats and a tee shirt, or all black no one cares what YOU wear. The university is very friendly as I said before. Everyone knows everyone and you can always see different people interacting. You can walk by a Asian interacting with a Hispanic or a Caucasian male interacting with and African American female and a Albino male. In the cafeteria, the tables are mini melting pots. You will see your standard jock table and your upperclassmen tables, but they re not all the same. They are a mix of various races, gender and orientations. We have students from all over the U.S like Georgia, Nevada and Hawaii. We do have some students that are international students from Spain, Uruguay and Asia, but most of the students are from either the tri-state area or the U.S. Financial status is not a big deal on campus. Whether you have more money than another is not important. Majority of the students have received a lot of financial aid from school, whether they had the money to pay the tuition in full or not.

Olivia

As with every college, there are stereotypes here at Pace University. We have our athletes, our fraternity brothers, our sorority sisters, our artists, our nerds, our stoners, our DJ's, our video-game fanatics, and everyone in between. Pace is a very diverse campus, with people from all different walks of life. A common misconception, however, is that, similarly to most high schools, people stay within their stereotype, their "click." Most students here have realized that in order to not only survive college, but to enjoy it, it is vital to get out of your comfort zone. These "clicks" do not only hang out with each other; the jocks hang out with the brainiacs, the greek life hangs out with the jocks, the party animals hang out with the greek life... people don't care what "click" you may have belonged to in high school, because it doesn't matter in college. What matters is who you get along with, who you can live with, who you can study with, etc. Here at Pace University you'll find that people don't discriminate based on "clicks," or ethnicity, or race, or anything materialistic. You may, however, get some sly remarks about being a Red Sox fan in New York (as I have quickly come to realize)! Pace University is a melting pot - just like the United States, only a tad smaller.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace because it offered me everything I was looking for; it was right next to New York City (which would be perfect for internships/future jobs), I could play soccer on the women's varsity team, I would receive an extensive education in the Communications/Journalism field, and it was far enough away from my home where I felt independent, but not far enough that I would need a plane to get home.

Describing Pace University to someone who has never seen it is actually more difficult than one would expect. This is due to the fact that Pace does not have just one campus; there is a New York City campus, a Law school in White Plains, and a Westchester campus. Personally, I attend the Westchester campus. Now, to make things more difficult, the Westchester campus is actually a dual-campus; there is one in Pleasantville and one in Briarcliff Manor. The one in Pleasantville is the main campus - it contains all of the academic buildings, some student housing, the main cafeteria, the fitness center, the football/lacrosse field, and the baseball field. You will also find the counseling center, student resources, and all advisor offices on this campus. The Briarcliff campus contains the rest of the student housing, the soccer field, the tennis courts, another cafeteria, and some office buildings. Fortunately, these campuses are only five minutes apart. This may seem a tad confusing but the school makes it very easy for students to commute back and forth, even if they do not have their own cars on campus. Shuttle buses run between both campuses every twenty minutes, also stopping at the train station in town, helping to make the lives of commuter students much more simple. This also provides students with the opportunity to explore the town of Pleasantville, if they so choose. Many students like to take the shuttle into town to go to some of the local shops, or sit down to read a book in Starbucks. Don't worry, if you're a Dunkin Donuts fan, there's two of those, too! Pleasantville is a quaint, little town where almost everything you need is within walking distance. This is a definite plus to being a student at Pace - even if you do have your own car on campus, you don't need to be filling up your gas tank every week. If you live on Pleasantville, as I do, you can walk from one end of the campus to the other in five minutes! And even if you live in Briarcliff, take a ten-minute shuttle ride and you can go anywhere you need to be. Although Pace is not a huge campus, that does not take away from it's beauty. The "Choate Pond," located in the center of the Pleasantville campus, along with all the trees surrounding the buildings, makes for a peaceful, pleasant walk across campus. It really is a sight to see all the leaves changing through the seasons. Being from New England, myself, I definitely value the splendor of Mother Nature's work. I have learned through my two years here at Pace that it is a beautiful campus with tons to offer to its students.

What are your classes like?

My classes are intriguing, yet challenging. As a Communications major with a Journalism minor, most of my classes are geared towards writing and learning about the world of Public Relations. However, I am an Honors student as well, so I am also taking classes in psychology and philosophy, which are both very mentally stimulating. I enjoy my classes because they are not too long where I feel I cannot maintain my focus, and still long enough where I know I leave the classroom each day with newly acquired knowledge. I respect all of my professors because it is evident that they are passionate about what they teach. They manage to make each class a new learning experience, by involving each of their students. Pace does not offer classes where students can just sit in the back and go unnoticed all semester - students are always encouraged to participate in each class.

The most popular groups on this campus are the athletes and the greek life. Currently, I am a junior on the Pace women's soccer team. We had a successful season, making it to the first round of the play-off tournament. One of my favorite aspects of being an athlete is having the support of my fellow peers at each of our games. Pace students, for the most part, do a tremendous job of coming out and supporting their sports teams. Since it is not a huge campus, it is really a tight-knit community that brings everyone together. There are many activities outside of sports that are available to students here at Pace. You can join a fraternity or a sorority, join one of the million student organizations, do community service, get an on- or off-campus job, or take the train into New York City for a day. Partying, of course, is always a part of the college experience. Pace does have it's party scenes on the weekend, but if that's not your scene, there is always something else to do. There is Pace Perk, a popular cafe, open until 2 am that always had karaoke nights, or bands playing. There are also movie nights at the townhouses. My friends and I like to go see a movie at one of the local movie theaters every once in a while, as well. there's never a dull moment if you take advantage of all that Pace has to offer.

Describing the students at Pace University in one simple paragraph seems nearly impossible. Why? Because here at Pace, we have such a diverse campus. There are people from all different ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and economic backgrounds. And the best part is that everyone can fit in. The only person that I can say would feel out of place at this school would be someone who was narrow-minded and unwilling to leave their comfort zone. The reason attending Pace is such a liberating experience is because of the diversity. People from all different backgrounds have been brought together under one goal: to be successful. Now, everyone has their own definition of success, but it is obvious everyone here agrees that it starts with a great education.

One of my favorite aspects of Pace University is the wide range of courses that are available. Even after you have declared a major, and you have a core curriculum you need to fulfill, you still are given many opportunities through electives, to take any course that interests you. I am a Communications major with a journalism minor, and since I am also an honors student, I have many honors classes made available to me. Through these courses, I have discovered that I am very interested in religion. I took a course last year on the Old Testament, and I took another religion course this year. Now sometimes I find myself reading the Bible for leisure, something I thought I would never do in a million years. Pace makes it possible for its students to follow any path they might take interest in, whether it is their major or not. Another aspect of the academic system here at Pace that really attracts students is the small student to teacher ratio. I would say the average amount of students in my classes is probably 20. Because of this, students actually get to know their teachers, and vice versa. Even before or after class, professors are available to help their students one on one during their office hours. Each student is encouraged to participate in the classroom, creating a competitive, but comfortable atmosphere. Pace's location, being right outside NYC, was a huge factor in why I, along with most students I know, chose to come here. I receive emails from my professors daily describing a new internship or job offer in the city. And most of the professors have connections with these people, making the whole process easy! Teachers at Pace are really great at recommending their students for internships and jobs after they graduate. Pace has one of the highest rates of students getting jobs right after graduation in the whole country, and it's location along with it's well-connected professors definitely has a lot to do with that.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.