New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Katie

Pace has become a home to myself and everyone that I associate with on campus. The best thing about Pace is the size. Pace is not too large and not so small where you know every single person. Every time I tell someone I go to Pace University they assume I mean the city campus, although I do take classes on that campus, my home campus is Westchester in Pleasantville. Unfortunately, not many people know of this town or area because it is so small. When I first came to Pace, I really did not like the small town because I am from a very large city (Washington, D.C), but the town truly grew on me and helped me form a love for my school community as well. There are multiple bars and restaurants for students to explore (plus plenty of late night spots when caf food just will not do). All in all the area is very feasible for a college student. The main reason why I chose Pace was because of the rating it received for "Schools that Make You Rich" and their internship program. Pace focuses a lot on their post graduation program, especially finding a job after graduation. The only constant student complaint is the cafeteria food but I feel as though that is every school because nothing will beat a home cooked meal.

The fact that it is enough outside of the city for it to be a real suburban college town but close enough to the city where the commute is very feasible.

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are not the best but Pace is doing a lot of renovations very soon that involves combining all of the Westchester campus'. The townhouses are a favorite place for students to dorm on campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The location was ideal because it was so close to NYC. I also heard great things about the school as a whole and the success of the graduates.

What are your classes like?

My classes are very focused on my concentration of Public Relations. I have Communications major requirements but I have been able to focus that on PR. They vary from Writing a Public Relations Copy to Radio and Television Communications. There are more intriguing classes such as Invasion of Reality Television and Event Planning. All of my classes give me real life experience that I will need for my coming graduation and quest for my career.

Like I said on the last answer there is an organization on Pace's campus for ANYTHING. If a student feels like a group is not being represented, they are more than welcome to bring it in front of our Student Association and make it an official organization. Pace University in general is a very welcoming place and the dorm room doors are open a majority of the time. Many close friends are made in your dorm hall or in an organization that they belong to. Athletics are no the most important thing on campus but they have been making efforts to make our games more popular and for more people to attend them (tailgating with alcohol and free giveaways at games). There are many traditions that students look forward to every year and there are definitely the parties that everyone will prepare for weeks in advance. Greek life is very present on campus and is continuously growing. Pace encourages everyone to go Greek. Students do tend to stay on campus on the weekends and many of that has to do with Greek functions and parties.

One of the other reasons I chose Pace was the diversity. The way I was brought up in my hometown of DC was color- blind. I knew once I visited campus that there was someone of each racial and ethnic group represented in the common areas and the dorm halls. There is not one group that would ever feel out of place here, not even within the international student group on campus. Some groups of people are more willing to interact than others but being in class and doing group projects and other things forces all different people to interact when they may have never thought to before. There are SO many different organizations on campus for ANY group of people, BSU (Black Student Union), SOCA (Students of Caribbean Awareness), VISA (International Students), OLAS(Latin American) are just a few to name. They are all overseen by the Student Association which is run by an executive board. This gives students an opportunity of leadership on campus and is a great resume builder.

Another positive about a smaller campus is that the professors really do know your name. This semester I only took classes that meet once a week and all of my professors had my name down the first time we met. My major is Communications and my department Dyson College of Arts and Sciences is one of the largest and there is still no question of identity. Classes are usually not very structured and the class size is normally not over 25 (unless it is a nursing class). The conversation topics are always more interesting because of the student conversations/debates. I have had many circumstances where the debates would spill over into the hallways after. I have a very close relationship with my advisor and professors in the Communications department. I feel as though many of my peers have the same experience as well with at least one of their instructors. The needs of the students are always taken care of especially in the task of a career versus a job after graduation.

I feel as though Pace University is such a close knit community that there will always be stereotypes. The different social groups are all typical; athletes, frats/sororities, druggies, socialites. However, the common thread of Pace does bring everyone together. In a time of great tragedy such as the one that occurred last year with the death of one of our beloved classmates,Pace came together and showed our unity. Although this tragedy was plastered all over the media and caused much controversy, we were still able to come together and still continue to fight for justice.

Monique

My first semester of college is coming to an end and I can honestly say it has been one interesting semester. Pace University is the perfect school for me. What I like about the university is the location. I was very scared of moving out my house and going to live by myself, but since the campus is only 45 minutes and a bridge away, it was close enough for me to be able to be near home, but still be far enough to get the college experience. The school is not big nor is it too small, its a very well medium-sized campus. Pace University has numerous campuses for you to find the one you want to attend: New York City, White Plains, Westchester/Plesantville. Its very tight-knit and almost everyone on campus knows you.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best thing about the social scene is the diversity of people that you have at the school. And when you want to go out you can go into town or take a train trip to the city campus or a shopping trip. The downside would be for the commuters mostly. Since they commute its hard for them to be opened to the same as the students that are residents.

What's the dating scene like?

Ah date life. Although people have boy/girlfriends, does not mean dating is a crucial thing. Even though its not a big thing it is very easy to find a mate or just a "friend with benefits." There is someone for everyone, so have fun with it.

The new incoming freshmen should know a few things. First, make sure you get everything financially done ASAP, you will get penalized if you don't. With dorming, you don't always get the roommate or roommates you want or the dorm. However at orientation if you already have a dorm and roommate in mind you can fill out a form there. Majority of the time you get what you ask. If you are interested in student activities, in particular, Greek Life, ALL FRESHMEN CAN NOT JOIN A FRATERNITY OR SORORITY UNTIL SPRING SEMESTER OF YOUR FRESHMEN YEAR. Believeme thats not bad, it gives you time to get used to the campus as well as college life. And finally, RELAX! Don't overwhelm yourself, you have 4 years to enjoy everything.

What are your classes like?

Most of the classes here have a ratio of 25:1, which is beneficial for the students because the professor has the opprotunity to get to know each student individually. You will get classes that have only 12 students or even a class with more than 25 students. In some cases depending on the credit you recieve from the class or the professor, you will have classes that are 4 hours long or at night or early in the morning. Whatever the case is, you will get something out the class.

What do students complain about most?

The biggest complaint at Pace would have to go to the financial and student assistance office (OSA). Although students do complain about it alot, the complaints get taken care of.

Pace University in Westchester is not big nor is it small but just right. Once you enter the university you will be greeted with housing dorms Martin and North Hall. Getting from your dorm to class is very easy to do because its just a short walk across campus. On average it takes a student only a few minutes to get to class. The way around campus is very easy, but if you do get lost there are campus maps all over. The campus dining hall, Kessel, is where you can find majority of the students hanging out between or before class.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend consists of sleeping in, watching tv, eating, chilling with friends and possibly if there is one, party. The weekends are the days when you can just relax from classes and get some study time or you time in.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Once you step off campus you see trees, the highway, beautiful houses, and a taste a Westchester. The town is very small and has everything. If you want a tattoo, a piercing, go grocery shopping, get some fast food if you're tired of campus food or take a train ride its all available to you when you step off campus.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors at Pace are really here to push you to be the best you can be and excel in their class as well as in college in general. In my first semester i had six professors that all knew me by name. The classes are relatively small which is good because it allows the professor to know each student as an individual.

The education at this school is both geared toward getting a job and a learning experience for you. The university offers a lot of work-study and on campus jobs in the field you want to work in. As well as internships in the local area or in the Big Apple. If you are interested in a internship in media, they have internships in television networks, and/or radio productions. Interested in medical, they have internships where you can audit a procedure in a local hospital or in the university infirmary with real licensed nurses. The best part is if you do a great job at that internship, you can even get a job offer right after you graduate, and Pace paved that way for you.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Pace University Westchester has two dining hall one on each campus, Pleasantville and Briarcliff. The main dining hall is Kessel on Pleasantville. Kessel serves hot food like burgers, quesadillas and french fries that is cooked right in front of you. Kessel has a sandwich/wrap station that allows you to make any type of sandwich you want. It also has a pizza and pasta station. Another thing in Kessel that is attractive is the ice cream maker machine. It makes any kind of ice cream you want in seconds. On Briarcliff you have the same options as PLV. The food is really good and if anything is not made to your liking take it back and get either the same thing or something different. If you're hungry for a late night bite and both halls are closed, on Briarcliff there is a late night eating area called Pace Perk that offers you food and drinks and some nights Pizza Hut.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

Homecoming week. There was so much school spirit and everyone was having fun. There was a comedian, step and stroll competiton, pep rally, a baazar, and fireworks. Another day is when we remembered the memory of Danroy "DJ" Henry, a student who was shot and killed by the police 12 days before his birthday. Every single faculty member, students and even students that didn't know DJ got together and honored him.

To me the most unique thing about the campus is the Choate Pond in the center of the campus and just the location and the people.

Describe the dorms.

The Westchester campus has two dorm campuses: Pleasantville and Briarcliff. The main n campus has three dorms: Martin Hall, North Hall and Townhouse. Both Martin and North Hall house male and female students. The dorm rooms are not carpets and comes with built in walk in closets. The floors are either same sex or co-ed floors, with the opposite sex being on the far opposite side of the dorm. The bathrooms and showers are communi cal to the entire floor. The Townhouses are only for upperclassmen male and females. The houses are built in apartment style and houses eight students in four double sized rooms. The dorm has a full kitchen, a living and dining room & two bathrooms. The Briarcliff campus has five dorm halls, Howard Johnson, Hillside, Valley, New Dorm and Dow Hall. Howard Johnson is the new dorm that is only for undergraduate female students. The rooms are mainly doubles but also have triple and quad rooms. come equipped with air conditioning, carpet, a walk in closet as well as a microfridge. Hillside & Valley Hall are co-ed dorms that have double, triple and quad rooms. Some of the rooms have wardrobes or walk in closets. The rooms are not carpeted but have air conditioning. Hillside,Valley & Howard Johnson all have communical bathrooms and showers that are cleaned daily by a cleaning service (the same for North & Martin Hall on Pleasantville). Dow Hall is mainly for honor students and student athletes. The rooms are built in suite styles and are double rooms the suite mates share one bathroom & the rooms also come with a walk in closet. New Dorm is like the Townhouses instead it doesn't have a kitchen or two bathroom and instead of housing eight students it houses four. New dorm rooms come with a balcony, a bathroom and a living room area and every roommate has there own room.

What's the Greek scene like?

Both Pace University campuses, NYC and Westchester/Pleasantville, have Greek Life. However on the Westchester campus greek life is more enforced. Pace offers several greek fraternities and sororities such as Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta and Alpha Phi Alpha. Greek life on campus is very popular and a big thing for some. If you are interested in pledging and you're a freshman you will have to wait till your SECOND semester of your first year.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Pace University - Westchester is a Division II. Team with 21 NCAA teams. Pace offers teams such as: football, men and women basketball, and volleyball just to name a few. Pace also has intramural sports for students that don't want to play competitive but for fun.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The location really drew me in. I'm close to home which is Rockland County a 30min drive from the campus, but I'm far enough to get the college experience.

A stereotype the Pace University- Westchester Campus has is that the student development activities is mainly Greek Life.The campus has an organization for everything. Such as: if you're interested in radio, Pace has their own radio show called WPAW that is streamed live on Ustream. We have culture, academic, and religious organizations also like Black Student Union (BSU), Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS), Students of Caribbean Awareness (SOCA), Student Nurses at Pace (SNAP) and much more.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The Library is the most productive place to get your work done. Tutoring centers are at your disposal.

The campus is a HUGE melting pot of identities, personalities and nationalities. This school is very open-mined and friendly to all groups whether it is sexual orientation or religion. The campus has one of everything, meaning we have lesbians, bi-sexual, and gays, and no one is ridiculed for it. The campus has a LGBT ally group called the Gay Straight Alliance. As well as a group for African American students, Black Student Union, Latin American: Organization of Latin American Students, Caribbean:Students of Caribbean Awareness, and Asians: Desi Heritage of Southeast Asia. The school does NOT outcast you for being different. Students wear whatever they feel is comfortable to them. Whether that is sweats and a tee shirt, or all black no one cares what YOU wear. The university is very friendly as I said before. Everyone knows everyone and you can always see different people interacting. You can walk by a Asian interacting with a Hispanic or a Caucasian male interacting with and African American female and a Albino male. In the cafeteria, the tables are mini melting pots. You will see your standard jock table and your upperclassmen tables, but they re not all the same. They are a mix of various races, gender and orientations. We have students from all over the U.S like Georgia, Nevada and Hawaii. We do have some students that are international students from Spain, Uruguay and Asia, but most of the students are from either the tri-state area or the U.S. Financial status is not a big deal on campus. Whether you have more money than another is not important. Majority of the students have received a lot of financial aid from school, whether they had the money to pay the tuition in full or not.

Olivia

As with every college, there are stereotypes here at Pace University. We have our athletes, our fraternity brothers, our sorority sisters, our artists, our nerds, our stoners, our DJ's, our video-game fanatics, and everyone in between. Pace is a very diverse campus, with people from all different walks of life. A common misconception, however, is that, similarly to most high schools, people stay within their stereotype, their "click." Most students here have realized that in order to not only survive college, but to enjoy it, it is vital to get out of your comfort zone. These "clicks" do not only hang out with each other; the jocks hang out with the brainiacs, the greek life hangs out with the jocks, the party animals hang out with the greek life... people don't care what "click" you may have belonged to in high school, because it doesn't matter in college. What matters is who you get along with, who you can live with, who you can study with, etc. Here at Pace University you'll find that people don't discriminate based on "clicks," or ethnicity, or race, or anything materialistic. You may, however, get some sly remarks about being a Red Sox fan in New York (as I have quickly come to realize)! Pace University is a melting pot - just like the United States, only a tad smaller.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace because it offered me everything I was looking for; it was right next to New York City (which would be perfect for internships/future jobs), I could play soccer on the women's varsity team, I would receive an extensive education in the Communications/Journalism field, and it was far enough away from my home where I felt independent, but not far enough that I would need a plane to get home.

Describing Pace University to someone who has never seen it is actually more difficult than one would expect. This is due to the fact that Pace does not have just one campus; there is a New York City campus, a Law school in White Plains, and a Westchester campus. Personally, I attend the Westchester campus. Now, to make things more difficult, the Westchester campus is actually a dual-campus; there is one in Pleasantville and one in Briarcliff Manor. The one in Pleasantville is the main campus - it contains all of the academic buildings, some student housing, the main cafeteria, the fitness center, the football/lacrosse field, and the baseball field. You will also find the counseling center, student resources, and all advisor offices on this campus. The Briarcliff campus contains the rest of the student housing, the soccer field, the tennis courts, another cafeteria, and some office buildings. Fortunately, these campuses are only five minutes apart. This may seem a tad confusing but the school makes it very easy for students to commute back and forth, even if they do not have their own cars on campus. Shuttle buses run between both campuses every twenty minutes, also stopping at the train station in town, helping to make the lives of commuter students much more simple. This also provides students with the opportunity to explore the town of Pleasantville, if they so choose. Many students like to take the shuttle into town to go to some of the local shops, or sit down to read a book in Starbucks. Don't worry, if you're a Dunkin Donuts fan, there's two of those, too! Pleasantville is a quaint, little town where almost everything you need is within walking distance. This is a definite plus to being a student at Pace - even if you do have your own car on campus, you don't need to be filling up your gas tank every week. If you live on Pleasantville, as I do, you can walk from one end of the campus to the other in five minutes! And even if you live in Briarcliff, take a ten-minute shuttle ride and you can go anywhere you need to be. Although Pace is not a huge campus, that does not take away from it's beauty. The "Choate Pond," located in the center of the Pleasantville campus, along with all the trees surrounding the buildings, makes for a peaceful, pleasant walk across campus. It really is a sight to see all the leaves changing through the seasons. Being from New England, myself, I definitely value the splendor of Mother Nature's work. I have learned through my two years here at Pace that it is a beautiful campus with tons to offer to its students.

What are your classes like?

My classes are intriguing, yet challenging. As a Communications major with a Journalism minor, most of my classes are geared towards writing and learning about the world of Public Relations. However, I am an Honors student as well, so I am also taking classes in psychology and philosophy, which are both very mentally stimulating. I enjoy my classes because they are not too long where I feel I cannot maintain my focus, and still long enough where I know I leave the classroom each day with newly acquired knowledge. I respect all of my professors because it is evident that they are passionate about what they teach. They manage to make each class a new learning experience, by involving each of their students. Pace does not offer classes where students can just sit in the back and go unnoticed all semester - students are always encouraged to participate in each class.

The most popular groups on this campus are the athletes and the greek life. Currently, I am a junior on the Pace women's soccer team. We had a successful season, making it to the first round of the play-off tournament. One of my favorite aspects of being an athlete is having the support of my fellow peers at each of our games. Pace students, for the most part, do a tremendous job of coming out and supporting their sports teams. Since it is not a huge campus, it is really a tight-knit community that brings everyone together. There are many activities outside of sports that are available to students here at Pace. You can join a fraternity or a sorority, join one of the million student organizations, do community service, get an on- or off-campus job, or take the train into New York City for a day. Partying, of course, is always a part of the college experience. Pace does have it's party scenes on the weekend, but if that's not your scene, there is always something else to do. There is Pace Perk, a popular cafe, open until 2 am that always had karaoke nights, or bands playing. There are also movie nights at the townhouses. My friends and I like to go see a movie at one of the local movie theaters every once in a while, as well. there's never a dull moment if you take advantage of all that Pace has to offer.

Describing the students at Pace University in one simple paragraph seems nearly impossible. Why? Because here at Pace, we have such a diverse campus. There are people from all different ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and economic backgrounds. And the best part is that everyone can fit in. The only person that I can say would feel out of place at this school would be someone who was narrow-minded and unwilling to leave their comfort zone. The reason attending Pace is such a liberating experience is because of the diversity. People from all different backgrounds have been brought together under one goal: to be successful. Now, everyone has their own definition of success, but it is obvious everyone here agrees that it starts with a great education.

One of my favorite aspects of Pace University is the wide range of courses that are available. Even after you have declared a major, and you have a core curriculum you need to fulfill, you still are given many opportunities through electives, to take any course that interests you. I am a Communications major with a journalism minor, and since I am also an honors student, I have many honors classes made available to me. Through these courses, I have discovered that I am very interested in religion. I took a course last year on the Old Testament, and I took another religion course this year. Now sometimes I find myself reading the Bible for leisure, something I thought I would never do in a million years. Pace makes it possible for its students to follow any path they might take interest in, whether it is their major or not. Another aspect of the academic system here at Pace that really attracts students is the small student to teacher ratio. I would say the average amount of students in my classes is probably 20. Because of this, students actually get to know their teachers, and vice versa. Even before or after class, professors are available to help their students one on one during their office hours. Each student is encouraged to participate in the classroom, creating a competitive, but comfortable atmosphere. Pace's location, being right outside NYC, was a huge factor in why I, along with most students I know, chose to come here. I receive emails from my professors daily describing a new internship or job offer in the city. And most of the professors have connections with these people, making the whole process easy! Teachers at Pace are really great at recommending their students for internships and jobs after they graduate. Pace has one of the highest rates of students getting jobs right after graduation in the whole country, and it's location along with it's well-connected professors definitely has a lot to do with that.

Francis

The best part of being a Pace student is the support you receive from the staff/faculty and departments such as the Tutoring Center, Career Services, the Honors College, or Study Abroad. Pace offers students for free these essential tools for success. I highly doubt there are universities that provide this much student support and Pace students take advantage. One thing about Pace I'd change would probably be to expand the school, there are a lot of students in a tight building and more areas for students to gather and work on assignments would be nice. Although Pace doesn't have the biggest campus in Downtown Manhattan it offers students the city in exchange and I think that's a pretty good deal. Anything you need is a train ride away. The most recent controversy at Pace was on the front page of the NYTimes. Our cafeteria had failed it's inspection terribly, however after one week it reopened completely renovated, updated, and with more food options. I would like to see more sports involvement and organization in Downtown's campus I think it would increase school pride and create more of a community.

The most unique thing about Pace Downtown Manhattan is its location in the Lower East Side. You're near some of the most amazing restaurants, bars, and clubs in the world. Chinatown, SOHO, Little Italy, and the Financial District are no more than a 15 minute walk away. Anything you want is literally at your fingertips.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Intro to Microecon, Intro to Macroecon, Eng 201, Uni 101, Public Speaking... it really depends on your major

Tell us about your professors.

I have had two very amazing professors that I feel offer every single tool they can. They work very hard at providing opportunities for their students to succeed. They have given not only school emails but personal emails as well as personal mobiles. They offer office hours and even appointments outside of those office hours. I have had professors with so much experience in various careers, professors who have been extremely friendly, and other professors really good in the classroom and interacting with their students.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

In the downtown campus organized sports is limited. The sports played are recreational and switch from Fall to Spring. Sports includes volleyball, soccer, hockey, and basketball. The Pleasantville campus has all the division sports.

When you step off campus what do you see?

If you step out of the downtown Manhattan campus you see City Hall directly in front of you, as well as City Hall Park. To the right you see the Brooklyn Bridge. If you walk a few blocks to the north you run into the NY Supreme Court and a few blocks more you're in Chinatown! If you walk from Pace a few blocks to the right you're at Ground Zero. A few blocks south and you're at Wall Street.

Describe the dorms.

I've lived at 2 out of the 4 dorms. The freshman stay at Maria's Tower, this dorm has a community shower and bathroom, which is cleaned every day. The rooms are a decent size but some of the views from the room are just breathtaking. There are RAs on each floor that can assist you whenever you need. There is security to sign in guests. There is also a kitchen on every other floor and a gym in the basement. But the best part about Maria's Tower is that it's attached to the school itself so it takes a few minutes to get from bed to the classroom. The second dorm is in Brooklyn. I absolutely adore living in Brooklyn, it's a much more residential area and a different vibe from downtown. It has just been renovated and it looks absolutely beautiful. There's a decent sized community kitchen, community areas with pool tables, and group study rooms. It also includes a gym membership to the local gym.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Pace offered me a lot of financial aid, I was accepted to NYU but I believed that the money Pace was offering me was too good to pass up. I also chose Pace because of its location. I new that being situated in downtown Manhattan I would be exposed to various career opportunities.

Students at Pace are motivated, ambitious, and active. We have many different groups on campus from religious or ethnic based to greek to professional based clubs. I don't think any student would feel out of place at Pace because the university offers almost every major or minor. You meet students from around the country and around the world. Students can wear sweats to suits to class. There are of course cliques but only because it's natural to relate to students with similar interests. No one really discusses their financial background but I know Pace gives a lot of financial aid even though it is a private university so I wouldn't be surprised to meet students of various financial backgrounds.

Academics are great at Pace! The class sizes are between 10-30 students for most classes and even in lecture halls, the professors try their best to interact with all their students. Professors definitely know their students names and are concerned whether their students are doing well or not. In class participation is very common; I believe this is because professors are apt at creating a comfortable environment for their students to participate. It even gets competitive for participation. I am a political science major with a minor in economics. My major allows me to study various topics such as African politics or 21st century philosophy. The most interesting class I have taken is Hip Hop politics. In addiction we have 5 areas of study to fulfill such as, art, history, community service, and science. I believe the academic requirements are fair and well rounded. Education at Pace is definitely geared towards finding a future career path.

Pace students are fortunate to have a prestigious and admirable stereotype that I believe to be more than true, a stereotype of being hard workers. Pace students work very hard at trying to explore any opportunities that Pace has. Many students you encounter on a regular school day are either coming back from work or going to work. Many find internships or holiday jobs in order to gain all the experiences they need for a successful future. It is motivational and inspirational to be surrounded by a student body that is very ambitious.

Ivonna

The best thing about the Pace NYC Campus is that it is in a great location in New York City. It is close to City Hall, Wall Street, South Street Seaport and it's only a few stops away from Brooklyn Heights. Also, it is the perfect place to network for jobs and internships and to make great connections with professors. One thing I'd change is to have more space for clubs and student organizations on campus, which is being worked on by the University but I will not be able to enjoy those changes as a student unfortunately. As for the size I would love to add more buildings which the plan is in the works however just not enacted fully. People react positively when I say that I attend Pace I haven't received any negative feedback. I spend most of time everywhere on campus because I'm an active student and I am always on the go. The NYC Campus at Pace is not the traditional college campus or college town but you can definitely find a place to fit in.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors I've had are very well-versed in their fields and are willing to help students at Pace. They have helped me with my classes, networking, etc., and it does not have to be within your field of study. As long as you show genuine interest in a program at Pace the professors are more than willing to help students.

When you step off campus what do you see?

NYC of course which has it's perks and it's downfalls. The interesting thing is that students have easy access to the city. That being said the 24-hour security at Pace only extends to the buildings. Like any location in any place urban, suburban or rural you have to careful and aware of your surroundings. It should not mean that you should limit yourself to traveling around NYC but you just have to be smart about it. Always try to travel with a friend or groups of friends and let those close to you know where you are in case of an emergency. Other than that just have fun there are restaurants and parks nearby campus that provide enough for students to enjoy the Financial District.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Pace has been known to be a "commuter" school in which students just go to class and leave campus once their school day is finished. Hence, it is a little bit harder to make friends which can be one of the negative aspects of the social scene. Over the course of my four years at Pace I've seen it change and students are building a community through student organizations. Usually once students find their niche within their majors, student organizations, classes, etc they end up finding the better parts of the social scene at Pace.

Describe the dorms.

Maria's Tower (All Freshmen Dorm) - Maria's Tower is a University owned dorm, located on the main building of the NYC Campus One Pace Plaza. Maria's Tower has 12 floors. It includes wireless internet, heat and air conditioning, 24-hour security, free laundry and communal lounges with flat screen televisions. The rooms are shared doubles and the bathrooms are communal but there are enough for each floor. It is the best dorm a student can live in as a freshman. There is a large sense of community and students make some of their best friends in college at Maria's Tower. John Street (Freshmen and Upperclassmen Dorm) - It is leased by the Pace through Educational Housing Services (EHS) consisting of 18 floors. The amenities include wireless internet, 24-hour security, laundry, a communal lounge on the 18th floor and a free gym facility. The rooms range from double and triple rooms with furniture, flat screen televisions in each room with cable and private bathrooms. Although John Street is within walking distance of One Pace Plaza, please be mindful that the fire alarms are sensitive and are set off by fellow students. Thus, increases the amount of fire drills that take place. Fulton Street (Upperclassmen Dorm) - Pace owned dorm within walking distance of One Pace Plaza. There is 24-hour security. Amenities include wireless internet, private full kitchens, private bathrooms, free laundry, 24-hour study lounge, gym facility and cable ready rooms. The rooms range from singles (which are limited), doubles, open/closed quads. Fulton is the dorm that is most similar to an apartment therefore it does fill up quickly when room selection season rolls around! St. George/ Clark Residence (Freshmen and Upperclassmen) - This dorm is in Brooklyn but that should not deter anyone from living here since it is only one train stop away from the NYC Campus. Trust me it is a lot closer than what people think. There is 24-hour security, laundry, free shuttle transportation to the main Pace campus, along with free gym membership to Eastern Athletics which is down the block from the dorms. The rooms range from singles, doubles and triples. The room amenities include private bathrooms, furniture, and flat screen televisions. Although they are connected the St. George and the Clark Residence are two different dorm residences facing different streets. Both dorms are also owned by EHS however the rooms are significantly larger than the John Street dorms and cheaper given the location. The area of Brooklyn Heights offers some of the most renowned restaurants such as Grimaldi's Pizzeria. It also has the famous Promenade with the view of Manhattan skyline. Students should definitely considered the St. George/ Clark Residence when choosing a dorm.

The Pace NYC Campus is not your traditional campus. Although there are central locations such as Cafe 101 and the courtyard located at the main building, the buildings are spread throughout the Financial District within a reasonable radius. All of the buildings are within walking distance. The best advice I can give to someone adjusting to this kind of setting is to make NYC your own campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace for a wide variety of reasons. One being that it is located in a great area of NYC. Another is that I was very impressed with the students on the visitation weekend that is offered to prospective students. Their enthusiasm for Pace made me excited to attend Pace and my decision was finalized. I also received a generous financial aid package so that aided in my decision making process.

The usual stereotype is that Pace students are accounting and business majors since it originally started as an accounting school. However that is not the case since the Dyson College of Arts & Sciences recently surpassed the amount of students in the Lubin School of Business. Other prominent schools and colleges are the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and College of Health Professionals.

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Pace is right in the heart of the Financial District. NYC City Hall is right across the street from campus and adjacent to the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. It is only blocks away from Wall Street, China Town, the South Street Seaport and Battery Park City. Pace is also closest to the majority of the main NYC train lines that can transport students to all different areas of NYC.

Pace has a diverse student body from different cultures, ethnicities, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. It definitely is a melting pot so to speak.

There are a wide variety of student activities and organizations that students can get involved with at Pace. Some of the most popular ones are the student run newspaper The Pace Press and the up and coming television station Pace's Official Programming Television (POP TV) both of which I serve on the executive boards. Other student organizations include the entertainment and media organization P.A.C.E. Board, the Student Government Association, APHROS Literary Magazine, the Stonewall Coalition, WPUB radio station, the Legend Yearbook, and Greek Life is also on the rise.

Based on my experience all of my professors know my name and make sure that they get to know everyone in the class. Students study depending on the curriculum of the class and their own knowledge of the subject material. Class participation is pretty common and students have intellectual conversations outside of class with their group of friends. Students are not usually competitive at least not what I have seen in Dyson College of Arts & Sciences. The most unique class I've ever taken is a philosophy class entitled, Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and we just studied The Critique of Pure Reason as our primary text and applied it to everyday situations in contemporary society. The Philosophy & Religious Studies Department provides a wide variety of opportunities in academia, law, nonprofit, etc. It's a pretty close knit department in which students feel included and the professors are easily accessible and they'll talk to you both in and outside of the classroom. Pace's academic requirements are pretty flexible. They require students to have a liberal arts education in which they can be well rounded which makes them get the most out of their degree. The education at this school is geared towards learning for the sake of learning and getting a job. Most of the curriculum are academic facts but they apply to real world situations that students will utilize in the future.

Laura

To be honest, for the first two years I was here I had a love/hate relationship with Pace. By the end of my Sophomore year I found a really solid group of friends in my building to hang out and study with. I also began to do the Pace Drama Alliance that semester which got me more involved and allowed me to meet more people. I'm about to go into my sixth semester and I absolutely adore Pace. I have a very solid group of friends here and there are extra curricular for everyone. Teachers are nice as long as you respect them, and most are fair graders. Most adults consider Pace to be a "good school", meaning it is respectable and offers a good education. During the Fall of 2010 the Pace community grieved the loss of two students. The first was Danroy "DJ" Henry, who's case ended up being quite controversial and is still in question now. I honestly do not know what happened precisely, but Henry was shot and killed by Officer Aaron Hess the night of our homecoming outside of a local bar. I personally believe that whether or not Henry was driving recklessly there were other safer ways to stop the vehicle and he would still be alive today. Pace pride is starting to get bigger, this year Homecoming was a huge success and students are getting more involved and staying more on the weekends than they have in the past. The biggest complaints about Pace is the cafeteria food. Honestly stay away from the chicken, but over all it's tasty but i know it upsets a lot of peoples stomachs. I don't have a meal plan because of this and since I can have a refrigerator and there are kitchens in each dorm building I can cook.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I was instantly comfortable at Pace and it reminded me a lot of my home town because of the wild life on campus. It was an hour away so far enough to get away from everything and close enough that in the event of an emergency my family wasn't too far away. I liked that all of the people I met were nice and easy to talk to. I also appreciated the prestige of the school and how it would look on a job resume.

The most popular groups on campus are the Sororities and Fraternities, the Black Student Union, the Organization of Latin American Students, and Athletics. Generally if you aren't involved in Greek life, than you are involved in Athletics, and if you don't do Athletics than you're involved in a smaller organization kike Black Student Union, and if you don't do that than chances are you have a small close knit group of friends in the dorm area. In certain resident halls it's more common to leave your door open than others. In any hall though it is important to lock your door when you aren't there. This year my roommate and I were victims of theft. Some people go to the athletic events but it's never a huge turn out except for homecoming. The Pace homecoming events are the most highly attended events all year. There are fireworks, dances, the pep-rally, a drum line and step group, cheer leaders, a dance team, contests where you can win things, a drag competition, and the homecoming bazaar where various clubs sell different things to raise money. The party scene isn't so big this weekend because security is really tight this weekend. Homecoming is the biggest tradition we have next to townhouse day, Townhouse day is the one day of the entire academic year that a blind eye is turned on all that is evil. It's always towards the end of the spring semester. Everyone is drunk. Everyone. As long as it's in a red cup it goes. Everyone gets drunk before they go up to the townhouses, then the houses are almost all open and people continue to drink there. Pace rents fun equipment like bouncy houses and slides. Other than that all townhouse parties (as of this semester) are shut down by 1am and resident assistance look for any reason to kick someone out of a party. Though in the past there used to be parties on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, this semester it's been mostly Friday and Saturday. Thursday nights if people drink they got to the bar or stay in their dorms with their friends. Greek life pretty much runs the party scene so if you aren't close with someone in Greek life or aren't in it yourself you could find it difficult to find a party. For people who don't like drinking there is a train right in town that goes to New York City. There is a bus that goes into town where there are many restaurants including Pizzerias, Chinese food, Indian food, American food, Sushi, Pizza Hut, and McDonald's. There is the Jacob Burns Film Center as well. For those who are fortunate enough to have cars, the next town over has several movie theaters that show more mainstream films than the Jacob Burns, more places to eat, and mini golf. White Plains has a lot of shopping areas and is only $5 round trip from Pleasantville. The dating scene is mostly just hook-ups, all of the nice boys have girlfriends either on campus but usually at home. All of the jerks cheat on their girlfriends, or are incredibly shallow. I can't speak for the girls because I've never tried to date one. I met my best friend when I was smoking a cigarette at the side door of my dorm. We have to go 50 feet from the building so everyone generally ends up in the same spot, we found out we had a lot in common and now we hang out every day. I met my other Pace friends at orientation, preview weekend, Facebook, and through other friends. If I'm up at 2am on a Tuesday there are two possible reasons for it; if it's the beginning of the semester I'm probably in someone's room watching Southpark, if it's the end of the semester I'm studying for my finals.

Pace isn't a very religious school but there we have some religious clubs. There is the Campus Crusade for Christ, The Chabad Jewish club, and P.I.P.E. which stands for the Pace Inspirational Praise Ensemble. As far as race goes, we have a lot of students and teachers from different parts of the world. We have Black Student Union, African Students At Pace, and a club for students of south Asian decent. There are a few gay and lesbian students here and we have a Gay Straight Alliance. Our Homecoming kid this year is a homosexual. I feel that if anyone would be uncomfortable it would be someone who has a hard time getting involved and meeting new people. There are some cliques, people in the same sororities/fraternities tend to stick together, but most of my friends have different majors and different backgrounds I'd say a good portion of the time the students dress pretty casually but their clothes are nice clothes (nothing ripped, revealing, or offensive). For career and internship fares most students wear suits. A lot of the students here are very wealthy, drive fancy cars, and go out a lot. There are also a sufficient amount of students who are not wealthy and are able to make fun by staying in. Politics is not a big deal at Pace for most students.

There are a lot of students who choose to participate in Greek life and they have a really big presence on campus.I believe because of this people believe Pace is a huge party school, that drinking during the week is a regular thing, but honestly it isn't that big of a deal here. I know people who drink at inappropriate times, they're called alcoholics and obviously no one should strive for that life style. Within Greek life though there are different types of people, and I honestly believe there is a group of friends for everyone here no matter what you choose to do. There are plenty of clubs to join, there is a community service organization, athletics, a radio station, student association, travel courses to take, a lounge for commuters, and various events offered throughout the semester.

Frances

Overall, I’m very happy with my decision to attend Pace, I love it here :). My favorite things about this school are definitely the teachers and academic advisors; they’re the most helpful people I’ve ever talked to. They are easily reachable by phone or email and they always inform students of their office hours in case you ever need to meet with them in person. One of the things people complain about the most is the Office of Student Assistance or OSA; this is the office that’s mostly responsible for processing tuition payments and Financial Aid. I’ve heard here and there that people who work there aren’t very nice or helpful people but I’ve also heard the school is working on improving their efficiency so that’s a good thing. I attend the Westchester Campus and i think it is just the right size. Not too big to never get to know it completely, but not too small where you feel you have nowhere to go. When I tell people I go to Pace I usually get very positive reactions like “Oh I’ve heard that’s a very good school”, which is always nice. When I’m on campus I usually spend most of my time at the library, the environment there is very nice, when I feel like meeting friends we hang out in the first floor and when I need a quieter place to study the second floor is always perfect. When I’m not studying, I usually hang out in my dorm and watch movies with my roommate or head to the cafeteria to grab food or a snack.

Professors definitely know my name. The classes are just the right size; usually they’re never over thirty students so is easier for the teachers to remember everyone’s names and how everyone is doing in class. My favorite class ever was Law 101; I took it when I was a freshman as one of my open electives. The teacher was the funniest man I’ve ever met and also very knowledgeable. Taught by the wrong person this class would have been the most boring class ever, but because of the teacher I actually enjoyed attending class, even though it met at 8:30 in the morning. My least favorite class was Psychology 111, at first I thought Psychology might be interesting for me but it turned out not to be, all the technical terms...it was just not my thing. I personally don’t know anyone who studies all the time but it always depends on how much work the teacher assigns, everyone usually studies more towards midterms and finals of course. The amount of class participation depends on the class but there are always a couple of students that participate all the time in each class. The most unique class I’ve ever taken is definitely History of Witches and Wizards. Honestly, this class wasn’t one of my choices, I had to take it because I needed a History class and all the other ones were full, but luckily it turned out to be very interesting. I’ve recently declared my major to Communications, I’ve taken a few media classes so far and I’ve loved them, especially Writing in the Electronic Media or Broadcast Writing. My advisor also made it very easy for me to know what classes to take and how to make my schedule. I would say the education at Pace is definitely geared towards getting a job, in class the teachers always remind you things like “When you guys are out there, this is what you’ll do” and the school has also Career Services which is a very helpful department in everything that is getting internships and possible jobs.

One of the most common stereotypes i've heard about students at Pace is that we are all rich kids. This couldn't be any less true. Pace students como from various socio-economic backgrounds because the school counts with a great Financial Aid system and because a lot of money is given out every year in scholarships, too.

Carly

I love this school. I had a great time in my undergraduate career at Le Moyne College, but absolutely LOVE Pace University. All of my professors are amazingly helpful and there whenever you need them. They are also very current, which makes it easy to relate to them, and exciting to be in their classes. The school is somewhat of a larger school, with 12,704 students total, 7,807 undergraduates, 4,042 graduates, and 855 law students, it would seem somewhat daunting to go here if you come from a smaller town, and small undergraduate school, which I did. From what I have found, everyone is close-knit and connected. Stepping into the library or walking through campus, you will hear many "hey, what's up!" calls from all over. You will also have access to some of the most helpful staff all around campus, all of which are pleased and happy to help you and provide you with some insight to your questions. When people ask me where I go, and I proudly tell them Pace University, I typically get a "wow, that's a great school!" or "what a BEAUTIFUL campus!" reaction and response. To be honest, it's true. The campus is beautiful, and this is a respectable school to go to. There is also a lot of school pride on campus. If you take a look at the freshmen orientation videos, where everyone is cheering and dancing with Pace's mascot, or walking through campus on a football game day, everyone has Pace Pride. In addition, there is ALWAYS, always, always something going on on campus. From sports games, to de-stressing activities before finals week, to lectures, and the Bodies exhibit, there is literally something for every single person who attends here to keep busy and active. One thing I would change would be making the scholarship process a little easier. I did not know I would receive a scholarship, but I did, (which of course is fantastic) but it has taken a little while, and a few too many, in my opinion, phone calls to sort out. The process has been a little difficult in the sense that my scholarship has not gone through yet. But honestly, the school is just right for me.

I would say the most popular student activities and groups are the SDCA (Student Development and Campus Activities), greek life, and the radio station, WPAW. All of which are extremely active and do great things on and off campus. There are a range of student organizations from academic, cultural, religious, performing arts, student media, special interest, student governance, and test webform, coming to a total of 30 different organizations. All sorts of events from athletic to guest speakers and theaters are very popular, and, the best part is that there are 3 different campuses to attend such events! White Plains, Pleasantville, and NYC offer a range of things so you will never get bored, and never have to leave the Pace community! I met my closest friends in class, as I am a first year graduate student who does not live on campus. I was nervous since I wasn't living on campus that I wouldn't make friends or fit in, but my friends include some who do live on campus, and some who don't. All of us are involved in the school, with other students, and professors as well. I don't feel like I'm not a student there, I definitely feel like I belong.

I would say that literally every single kind of person is accepted in this school. I have many friends from different religious, racial, and sexual orientations and backgrounds, and not one person feels left out or alienated. In addition, friends of mine who are not gay or bi-sexual, are also very actively involved in the LGBT community. Everyone is welcomed here, and no one feels left out.

Academics are rigorous, but the classes are so interesting and exciting that it doesn't seem daunting or stressful. My professors know my name, as the average class size is about 18 students. It is great to have a professor actually care about how you are doing in class, and to be there when you need help, not only for your time in school, but for your time after you graduate as well. From my personal experience, being able to be close with professors gives you such a great learning opportunity, and also gives you the ability to ask for a recommendation, one that will actually be true and personal, from a professor. My favorite class is Industry Theory and Practice, MCA 601 with Dr. Pulaski-Behling. We have done projects on the social media and business networking site, LinkedIn, as well as done projects about cultures from all over the world and how they handle business negotiations. I would definitely say that the education at this school is geared towards getting a job. Coming form my undergraduate school who did not do this, I am extremely grateful and impressed with this school's academic programs. I am learning things that are so practical and useful for when I graduate. Examples include: writing effective business memos and cover letters, analyzing and comparing companies and their marketing strategies and statistics, as well as learning how to speak effectively, cohesively, and comfortably when in a business setting, and across cultures.

I would say that Pace University has all different stereotypes. From the faternity guys and sorority girls, to the jocks and just cliquey girls. At first glance, yes you would definitely see this. Once you actually spend about five minutes on campus, you will see that these stereotypes are false, and although students hang out in their certain groups of friends, everyone on campus is extremely friendly and helpful. From my personal experience, I have been pleasantly surprised from everyone I have encountered here at Pace. I have friends who were on the football team, in sororities, and some of the "hipsters." My first time on campus was before school even started. I was walking around and trying to get to know the campus, when a girl who just graduated from the Master's program I am in offered to give me a tour. She gave me all of her contact information, and from there, I knew that this was a great school to be in!

Some of the most popular orgs on campus are our cultural orgs like the Black Student Union, the Students of Caribbean Awareness and the Organization of Latin American Students. These orgs, along with several other orgs, host annual staple events like the Fashion Show, the Block Party and Holi-Jouvert. There are great parties thrown every semester by an organization, or three or four orgs working together. The campus radio station does a costume party for Halloween and also had a Don't Forget the Lyrics event, which I'm sure will turn into an annual function. There are so many ways to have a good time and not even have to leave campus! Even the residence halls get involved. Townhouse Day is one of the most anticipated events of the Spring semester. It's a huge carnival hosted right in the middle of the townhouses and there's plenty of free food and fun to go around!

Students that are together the most share common interest of course like any other place in the world. However, that doesn't mean people who are totally different don't know each other and get along. If you're funny and nice, people are not going to mind having you around even if you wouldn't normally hang out together. I've sat at tables with rich white sorority girls and I've sat at tables with Brooklyn girls and both tables have given me the same amount of laughs and I have given the same in return. We don't have to from the same place at my University to be acquaintances in the least. It's just that Pace is a place where you find your own but you feel okay stepping out of that.

The class sizes are small. Classes could range from 8 students to 30. I believe smaller classes make the experience so much better. Different professors perform differently, but I know about my major in particular to be one of the fastest growing majors on campus and I believe a lot of it has to do with our phenomenal professors of the Communications Department. All of our professors have real world experience in the courses of which they teach. A former Fox News Anchor teaches courses on writing copy for broadcast news and on "the art of anchoring." Our film courses are taught by professors who have worked in film in the past, or still stay connected to the film industry even today. Our production courses are taught by professors who have worked in every stage of production--pre, pro, and post. It's just a great environment to learn hands on work.

People think the Greeks live completely separate lives from everyone else but thats not true. Several of us inter-mingle and I personally hop into everyone's circle, both Greek and non-Greek as long as you're a fun person.

Christina

I enjoy Pace because its a small campus, which works perfectly for me. I'm able to walk to all of my classes and the class sizes are small so the professors can really get to know each student. There's a lot of things to do around campus, a lot of organizations to join and the city is just a train ride away. That variety that Pace offers is one of my favorite things about it. There is always something for everyone.

Because Pace is a smaller school, the professors usually know most students. And for most majors you usually take the same professor more than once - which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I like that I can take the same professor more than once because I like the familiarity, I know what to expect and so do they. The library usually isn't busy until finals week, but most students do well in their classes. The work doesn't seem to be too much but its not always a walk through the park either. As for class discussions, almost every professor I've had encourages it. Its great because most professors have interesting stories when it comes to specific majors so its always great to get their actual opinion on a real life experience rather than something out of a textbook. And I've had a lot of professors who have tried to help me get internships or jobs, which is great because they usually know a lot of people.

At Pace University, most people believe that you aren't considered "cool" unless you are in Greek Life or Athletics. I necessarily don't believe this stereotype because it means you fall under two categories. There are a number of students who aren't involved in either but still manage to have a good time on campus and are often friendly and know everyone else.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.