New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Additional Loan Options

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Gabrielle

I love it here. Honestly, it wasn't my first choice (a much bigger school was) but I couldn't be happier. Pace is full of truly nice people. The Pleasantville-Briarcliff campus I attend has about 3,000 kids, half of whom commute and half live on campus. That's perfect. It's small, yeah, but it's big enough to meet a new person everyday. Through Pace I was able to study abroad in Australia (studying abroad is pretty easy and affordable here--take advantage!) where I went to a school ten times this size. 30,000 kids is so impersonal, it made me appreciate even more what a family Pace is. What a lot of people have heard about Pace is, sadly, the DJ Henry tragedy. Long story short (if you haven't heard), one of our classmates was killed by a cop 12 days before his twenty-first birthday even though he wasn't doing anything wrong. There are a lot of terrible things on the internet about it but for the most part, it unified our campus in a way I've never before seen--we rally behind him and his family in trying to find the absolute truth. For prospective students, don't let the tragedy turn you off to Pace. It's not a dangerous place. As far as the town goes, it's quaint but in close enough proximity to the city that you can go as often as you'd like. When I'm on campus, I hang out in the library, either cafeteria, my residence hall or right by Choate pond when it's nice out.

You're going to hear people complain about campus, about the administration, about the size, about the other students...but they'll still stay. Many transfer, yes, because it's not for everyone. It's not so big that you can fall asleep in class without being noticed and that bothers a lot of people. It also bothers people that they see some of the same people every day. Honestly, I couldn't imagine not liking it here. Everyone is so nice and humble and the opportunities to get involved and excel are presented to everyone.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

It's a small and diverse university 45 minutes outside of midtown Manhattan, situated amongst trees and greenery in quaint Westchester county. The environment's positive and reportedly has the best internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area. I love it here--I tell everyone that.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is huge at Pace. I myself am not part of it but my freshman year I lived with four girls, all of whom pledged a sorority. Some people love it, some people hate it. Bottom line is that there's a large Greek presence of campus and they set up a lot of the events. I can appreciate it for what it is without joining it.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I picked Pace because they're wonderful with financial aid and the feel of the school was very positive. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better fit. It's not that big (around 3,000 students) which means it's a tight knit community of people who care about each other but not so small that you can't meet new people. The campus is pretty and the classes sounded interesting. When I came for Accepted Students Day, the panel of students that spoke said great things and the mock class I sat in on was very interesting.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Pleasantville is a quaint little town that's very Westchester...if you've never been to Westchester, it feels like you're stepping into a small rich town straight out of the movies. It's really THAT small and THAT quaint. I like it, but it's a bit different than my hometown of Albany. Still, there's a lot of greenery which is nice.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports are big at Pace even if our football team doesn't play very well. Our volleyball, soccer, basketball, and swim teams are all pretty good, and athletes make up a large portion of the student body. We're Division 2 so sports aren't everything, but the athletes are pushed hard and Pace supports them.

We have two campuses for just the undergrads in Westchester--one in Pleasantville (academic and residential) and one in Briarcliff Manor (purely residential). Both campuses are very pretty and fairly woodsy. There's a wonderful pond on the Pleasantville campus that you're bound to appreciate when going to class. The trek between the two campuses isn't bad and the transportation is provided for free. Some of the buildings clearly have history, like Choate house--it's a big pink building that used to be the home of a psychiatrist. Dr. Choate would often take his asylum patients out on the pond for some water therapy. Isn't that a great story?

What are your classes like?

The classes I took this semester were all required core classes that I just hadn't taken yet, but usually they're interesting anyway. No one wants to sit through a boring class so thank goodness even in the required classes, there are always a few good eggs who move the class along and entertain them. They're good lengths--luckily, the longest classes (3 hours) don't go straight through most of the time because teachers know we need breaks. Overall, I enjoy my classes.

Clubs based on cultural discussion are super popular, like ASAP (African Students at Pace) and OLAS (Organization of Latin American Students). There are many members of WPAW (the radio station) and I personally am very involved in the Pace Chronicle school paper. In the dorms, people usually leave their doors open--if you notice that they aren't open, leave yours open to encourage others--and that's how you occupy yourself at 1am on a Tuesday: meeting new people. You're not the only night owl! Greek life and sports are big at Pace even though the football team typically doesn't do well. The student body just has a lot of athletes. Fraternities and sororities, like I mentioned, are big. They continue to grow every year I'm here, particularly the cultural ones. I am not involved in any but it's impossible to avoid their presence on campus. Like myself, though, you don't need to join one to be social. On Saturday nights if you're not a drinker, there are always other students staying in as well so you can hang out with them or go to a school sponsored event like the party coming up this weekend that just involves dancing (there's a DJ, lots of people go). Also, there's a movie theatre in town as well as places like NYC and White Plains to go to get away from campus.

Pace students are pretty diverse. We have students representing tons of nations and cultures across the globe and members of the LGBT community. Socio-economically, the Pace student body is very diverse. Some of my closest friends come from very different socio-economic backgrounds as well as different races, genders and heritages. Kids don't dress up too much for class...you definitely see a lot of sweatpants, but there are still well-dressed people. This is my third year at Pace and honestly I've only come across a few people who gave me problems or disrespected me. So few, in fact, that I can count them on one hand. Yeah, you'll run into some negative people, but they exist everywhere. My experience at Pace has been very positive.

My professors all know my name since each class has no more than thirty people, usually (sometimes not even close to that). The library is always abuzz with people but there are also other places to study on campus, like the Willcox computer lab. I'm a Communications major and there are so many internship opportunities it's not even funny. That said, it's a huge school for nursing, business, accounting and finance. The core classes are useful and the AOKs (Area of Knowledge classes) are an interesting additive--we have to take a class with a community service component, one with a history component, one with an art component, etc. My favorite class I've taken at Pace is either Writing for Print Media or a class I took on Chick Flicks. My least favorite have been Oceanography and British Literature because they were simply too much pointless work.

The stereotype of students at my school is dependent on who's looking. The rich townspeople probably think we're all trouble making "hood rats" because we're not 1) all white and 2) all wealthy. Pace students go to Pace mostly because the financial aid is so good as far as private schools go, so there is a diverse community of students here. The image of Pace being diverse is definitely true, but I wouldn't call us a bunch of hood rats. Obviously, we're in college trying to create a better future.

My overall opinion of the school is that it is a small school so I am not just a number I feel like a person. I like the fact that this school promotes diversity and equality. When I told people or tell people I go here they say they knew someone who went there. The biggest recent controversy is why one of our students DJ Henry was shoot to death by the police and why that cop got cop of the year award.There is a lot of school pride. the most common complaint by the students is why the shuttle buses are always late.

The sterotype of students are studious kids who can balance having fun and their grades

Pace is just the right size. The majority of the student population is bound to say it is a "home away from home." The town is not much of a college town, however leaving campus is rather rare for most. School pride and Greek life are huge on the Pleasatville campus and social activities are constantly occuring. It is fair to say students are rarely ever bored when they are at school. The tuition, however, is ridiculous. I think that some of our facilities could certainly be updated for the amount of revenue the school is taking in.

Greek life is huge on the Pleasantville campus. There are over 20 different sororities and fraternities ranging from cultural to social. Athletics are very popular on campus as well even though we are a Division D school.

Again, we are a very diverse student body. There are several organizations on campus that gear toward nearly every walk of life whether it be homosexuality or what have you. Until I came to Pace I always lived in a predominately white town and when I came to college I was reluctant to find that there was such a variety of people that I could constantly surround myself with.

Classes are kept small which makes for prime individual attention. Opportunities are always being offered to students as well for internships and jobs after graduation.

The one thing I love about Pace is that there aren't many stereotypes within the student body. It is a very small, unique campus derived with students from so many diverse cultures. The only stereotypes I've stood witness to within my three years at Pace are within Greek Life. Each sorority and fraternity has their own "cliche" which has remained the same year after year.

Francisco

The advice that i will give my self if i could go back in time and see my self as a senior again will be to stop waisting your time and pay more attention to the teacher so that when you go to collage and try harder in college.

Aiyanna

Most known classmates are either greek, athletes, nursing majors,or business majors...all others in their own groups.

I would tell myself to work harder as a high school senior. I know I can do better than I did, I just didn't take it seriously. Thought I could just get into a college and be done with it. College choice makes a huge difference on your career. Also, I would let myself know that it's okay to change your major. Do whatever makes the better grades to get you where you want to be.

I actually attend the Pleasantville campus. You should attend this school if you're getting a full ride scholarship or have a lot of money. You should not go into debt with student loans from this school unless you're a nursing or business major. If you are interested in greek life or sports, this is the school for you.

Hilda

I really have grown to become comfortable of the environment of Pace. I love the leadership opportunities that Pace has provided for me. I think the size of the school is perfect, I don't just feel like a drop in the sea of students like some may feel at larger schools. However, Pace is not too small either. When I first told people I was attending Pace they seemed impressed that I was going to a school with such a good business background.

What are the most popular classes offered?

PUBLIC SPEAKING UNIVERSITY 101 INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE

The stereotype is that Pace is mainly a business school.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library or the computer lab

Legacy Events: FALL & SPRING FESTIVAL - FREE STUFF ALL OVER CAMPUS (BUILD-A-BEAR, FOOD, CARICATURES, ETC) HOMECOMING CONCERT - IN THE PAST WE HAVE HAD: BUSTA RHYMES< FABOLOUS, KANYE WEST, GYM CLASS HEROES, KERI HILSON

Describe the dorms.

The dorms vary by building. All dorms have RAs, gyms, cable, wifi and guards. All of them are also close to school. Maria's Towers is more of a communal space. Each floor share four bathrooms and two lounges. Also it's above the main building so it's only one elevator ride to class. It may seem a little weird at first but it is the BEST dorm for freshmen. You make your main friends and stories there. Fulton is more apartment like. You can get a closed quad or open quad. The closed has more privacy but the open seems to have more space. These dorms also have nicer bathrooms and full kitchens. John St is more of a separated space. Narrow hallways and tall ceilings. These rooms look more modern but are smaller than other dorms. Each room has their own bathroom but only two kitchens for the whole building. BROOKLYN DORMS (St. George & Clark St) Same building but two different sides. Downtown in Brooklyn Heights with free shuttle buses to school or just one MTA train stop away. These dorms have the best neighborhood. The rooms are bigger than John St. but very similar in style. The kitchen, lounges, and screening room in this building are really nice. Many people tend to say the Clark St. side is slightly better than the St George side.

The stereotype I am most aware of is that idea that Pace is mainly a business school. This is not accurate because the school is made up mainly students in the Arts & Science fields such as Communications and Theater Arts.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is there on campus but not as big as other schools. It's only more relevant when you are involved with it.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part is that it is diverse the worse part is that it's not as active as traditional-campuses

Describe a typical weekend.

Everyone kind of does their on thing when it comes to weekends. Basically hanging with their close friends around the city or at parties or concerts

What's the dating scene like?

There is not really a big on campus dating scene. But it's New York so there is someone for everyone so just get out there.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace because they offered me the most financial support in a private institution. I also loved the location.

Get you core done first! Try if possible to do 18 credits the first 2 years to make the last two less stress full. Also get involved with clubs they have great opportunities. Finally if possible dorm at Maria's Towers it might now look like the best dorm but you form friendships and experiences that will last for a very long time.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

When the Yankees won the World Series the Parade was right by the school and Pace hung a banner on the front building that said "Pace (hearts) Yankees". Because I was a Pace student the police let me closer to the blocked off streets and I even got to see Jay-Z perform. It was so much fun!

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

All the sports are at the other campus, sorry

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

Taking the elevator one floor DOWN Tuition price

The most popular clubs and organizations on campus are: P.A.C.E Board (the entertainment group that manages major events from Homecoming Concert to school-wide festivals), BSU (the black student union that address controversial topics effecting all students, not just minorities), Pace Press (the school news paper that covers both on campus and local news), POP TV (the student run television stations the broadcasts on campus), SGA (the student government), and the Greek Life (sororities/fraternities).

Students at Pace as in many New York City schools are very diverse. They are diverse in style, backgrounds, and interest. I feel that Pace has less of a competitive atmosphere and more of a social one.

I really appreciate the professors at Pace because a majority of them a working professionals within their field. I feel I am not just handed a textbook to read cover-to-cover but rather given real world knowledge and experience from insiders of the industry.

Rose

I absolutely love Pace! It was my first choice school and I'm so happy I came here. It is a small, private university which is very benefical when it comes to learning and student professor relationships. At Pace each of your professors knows your name and it is a community that we all take part in.

What are your classes like?

This semester my classes are becoming a bit easier. I'm only one full semester away from graduation so majority of my difficult course, I have already completed. I enjoy my classes this semester because they are really helping to get a taste of what I will be facing in the real world at a real job.

Pace University does have a large number of Greek life on campus, both social and ethnic. We do have an athletics program, with sports such as football, basketball, baseball, mens lacross and womens soccer. There are also a number of campus organizations such as the student radio station, the student newspaper, psychology club and a gaming club.

Pace University is very diverse. There are students from many different racial and cultural backgrounds. There are students from a range of social classes. There is a LGBT community at Pace University as well.

The academic programs at Pace are great. We have a diverse number classes in psychology, business, environmental science, media communication arts and many others. The professors are very personal and get to know each of their students. Classroom sizes are small which helps the student to get more one on one attention.

I do not think there are sterotypical groups of students at Pace University. We have a very diverse campus and many of the students are involved in multiple organizations and groups at Pace.

Colby

Coming to Pace University was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In my two and a half years here I have been a member of the softball team, Honors College, newspaper, radio, student athletic advisory committee, colleges against cancer, various honor societies, and had three internships. This success was a combination of my determination to be involved but also the opportunities that Pace provided to me. Some people may not like the idea of a small school but I beleive it has given me the opportunity to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big one. The best part about Pace is the overall friendly atmosphere. People hold open doors for you, professors go out of their way to provide you with opportunities, and other administrators are always trying to make you feel right at home. Another positive aspect of Pace is its close proximity to the city. Students often go down on the weekends to visit the city, have internships there during the week, or go out and enjoy the night life. One thing that people often have an issue with at Pace is the seperation of campuses. Many students live on the Briarcliff campus and find it inconvenient to have to take the bus or drive their car to the Pleasantville campus for class, meetings, events, and the gym. I lived on Briarcliff for two years, and had a car one of those years and didnt feel terribly inconvenienced. Honestly taking those bus rides to the other campus was a bonding experience for me and my friends, and always gave us an adventure to laugh about later. The shuttle brings you into the town of Pleasantville, which has everything that a college student needs, whether its a slice of pizza, the train station, or a grocery item. Its just a quick bus or car ride away. Also, the city of White Plains is also close by which has a multitude of restaurants, shopping centers, and exciting night life. Local businesses and restaurants in town often have deals and discounts for Pace students, which really helps out with an often limited college student budget. Overall, my personal favorite part of Pace is how at home I feel when I'm there. I feel like the administration is there to help me and I feel like Pace has given me the tools I need to be successful in the future.

Pretty much at Pace you will eventually fall into one of three categories, or two of three or three of three categories. Its almost impossible to not get involved on campus, and I've found that most students find a desire to become involved once they meet more people. In freshman dorms people always have their doors open and are looking to socialize at all hours of the day. Once you get older and move into upperclassmen dorms, that "open-door" aspect starts to diminish and you have already developed the close friends that youll make plans to hang out with. Greek life is very important to people in Greek life. If your not a freshman getting recruited or your not in a fraternity or sorority, greek life wont affect you.

Pace University is a melting pot for all students. There is every kind of person at this school, the athlete, the video-gamer, the over-achiever, the sports fanatic, the girly girl, and the laid back musician. The three most popular areas that students tend to be from are Westchester, Long Island, and New jersey. There are also students from upstate NY, California, Oregon, Ohio, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, and even Washington. Students from far states are usually lured in by Pace's sports programs. There is also a lot of racial diversity on campus. I feel like students of different races definitely interact in class, clubs, sports, teams, Greek life, and social life. Financial matters are pretty relevant to students at Pace. Many students are business or finance majors and have a lot of concern for the economy and whether or not theyll get a job upon graduation. For many students, finances is one of their top five concerns.

I am a communications major, political science minor at Pace. I have had many good experiences with my professors and courses and have been able to mantain a 3.8 GPA. The communications professors all have experience in the field, and have valuable connections to people currently working. The professors I have had, have all had some type of investment in my future and have been more then willing to help me out or meet up with me after class. Also, Pace's requirements for a minor are really do-able. I was able to get a minor in political science in two years by taking 5 related courses. The more minors you can get the better because it shows a future employer that you are a hard worker and very committed. One complaint that many Pace students have is called an Area of Knowledge 1 course. these types of courses require civic engagement, and a lot more work than the typical core requirement class. However some students who have taken these classes enjoyed the break from the typical lecture-type class. As far as competitiveness goes, my classes have been moderately competitive. Mostly students are competing for the spotlight, attention of the professor, and competing to have their opinions heard and listened to. In the communications department a majority of the classes are very hands on, and we are able to use actual equipment that we would use in the field after graduation. My classes, paired with my internship experience has really prepared me to go out into the field.

Many people when looking at Pace will notice the high percentage of students that are commuters. While the number which is close to 50% may be high, it doesnt limit the number of new people you will meet on a daily basis. When I was applying to Pace I was nervous that the high number of commuters would take away from social life on the weekends and limit my opportunities for friends. This couldnt be more wrong, there is a great weekend social life at Pace! The students that dorm tend to be involved in athletics, Greek life, or other organizations on campus and are always sticking around to hang out on weekends. I'm a junior this year and I am still meeting new people when I am on campus!

Craig

I transferred to Pace from a state university in Pennsylvania. I am incredibly happy with my choice to transfer here. Obviously, the location of the University's NYC campus is integral for internships, jobs, and general life experiences. Attending college in NYC is unlike anything else. By sacrificing the "typical college experience," one is able to learn things that others dream of.

Tell us about your professors.

Most of my professors have been really enthusiastic about the classes they teach. Many are professionals in their field which really allows students to gain first-hand experience in their desired career path.

Pace can look rather cold from the outside. The building is very straightforward. Once inside, the views are great.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports culture is rather non-existent on the NYC campus. Our focus is on academics.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best part is obviously the school's location in New York City. The subway system allows students to experience any part of New York City for the just the price of a metrocard. The downside is the school's proximity to the financial district which is typically free of social activities on the weekend.

What do students complain about most?

Our Office of Student Assistance seems to get the most flak on campus. They're responsible for financial aid, scheduling issues, and almost all other administrative issues on campus. Like with any bureaucratic entity, OSA certainly has its fair share of speed bumps but the school has taken steps to improve efficiency within the department so we'll see how that goes.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

There are plenty of places to work depending on how you like to study. If you can handle the noise of the cafeteria, there is plenty of space to eat and study. If you require silence, the library and the reading room in the basement are great options. There is definitely no shortage of space to get work done.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

After a slight hiccup last year in regards to our food options, the new food provider has stepped it up in terms of options and quality. This year, a flex dollars plan was introduced allowing students to use their meal plan off campus at restaurants like Chipotle. I feel that Pace is finally on par with other NYC schools in the food department.

Because of our history as a business school, most non-students assume that we attend Pace for business.

When you step off campus what do you see?

City Hall is directly across the street from Pace Plaza while such iconic landmarks as Wall Street, the World Trade Center, and Battery Park are just a short walk away.

What are your classes like?

Because of other commitments, I opted to take most of my classes online. I like that I have the option to do so because it allows me to open my schedule up to potential internships and jobs.

The academics at Pace are incredibly strong for a school of this size. In fact, I attended a smaller school prior to Pace and had larger class sizes. I haven't taken a class at Pace with over 30 students. Academic scheduling is pretty good at ensuring that there's a wide range of class choice each semester so that students aren't locked out when registration comes around. Like with any school, the professor's level of personal involvement varies from class to class. I've had professors that have memorized my names within a week and have become mentors to me. I've also had professors who completely disconnect themselves from students. Fortunately, most professors are examples of the former.

Due to the University's proximity to the financial district as well as it's origins as a business school, most people assume I attend Pace for business. While our business school is internationally renowned, we have an incredibly rich college of arts and sciences.

Marisch

As a recent graduate of high school, one thing I can mention about senior year is that it is very important to keep up with the pace! In other words, it is important to manage your time. Senior year is a very exciting and eventful time; however; you do not want any distractions to get in the way of deadlines, applications, classes, etc. As an expected graduate, you want to be able to walk down the aisle on graduation day knowing that you have accomplished all that you possibly can. Remember, you represent your high school wherever you go or wherever you put your name on an application. To that extent, be mindful of how to be the best student you can be. Do not worry about where your friends are going to college or what they are studying - you must stay true to yourself in order to find the right path after high school. You want to sustain a good relationship with your teachers, principal, and advisors because those are the people you will be asking references from. Ultimately, enjoy your senior year while it lasts and at the same time, stay focused on things that matter the most!

A student who wants to study at a university in New York City should definitely apply to Pace University (NY campus). A student should apply to Pace University if he/she wants to be prepared to become leaders in their choice of study. Pace University provides an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience. Pace University is good for students that want to take full advantage of New York. Students who apply to Pace University has the choice of going to school at three different campuses, locaed in New York City. Pace University is a great private school.

A student who does not want to attend college in New York City, should not apply to Pace University (New York campus). A student who does not want to go to private school should not attend Pace University. A student who does not like to interact with other students should not attend Pace University. A student who does not want to accept help in their education, should not attend Pace University.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.