New York, NY
Pace University-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pace University-New York

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Francis

The best part of being a Pace student is the support you receive from the staff/faculty and departments such as the Tutoring Center, Career Services, the Honors College, or Study Abroad. Pace offers students for free these essential tools for success. I highly doubt there are universities that provide this much student support and Pace students take advantage. One thing about Pace I'd change would probably be to expand the school, there are a lot of students in a tight building and more areas for students to gather and work on assignments would be nice. Although Pace doesn't have the biggest campus in Downtown Manhattan it offers students the city in exchange and I think that's a pretty good deal. Anything you need is a train ride away. The most recent controversy at Pace was on the front page of the NYTimes. Our cafeteria had failed it's inspection terribly, however after one week it reopened completely renovated, updated, and with more food options. I would like to see more sports involvement and organization in Downtown's campus I think it would increase school pride and create more of a community.

The most unique thing about Pace Downtown Manhattan is its location in the Lower East Side. You're near some of the most amazing restaurants, bars, and clubs in the world. Chinatown, SOHO, Little Italy, and the Financial District are no more than a 15 minute walk away. Anything you want is literally at your fingertips.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Intro to Microecon, Intro to Macroecon, Eng 201, Uni 101, Public Speaking... it really depends on your major

Tell us about your professors.

I have had two very amazing professors that I feel offer every single tool they can. They work very hard at providing opportunities for their students to succeed. They have given not only school emails but personal emails as well as personal mobiles. They offer office hours and even appointments outside of those office hours. I have had professors with so much experience in various careers, professors who have been extremely friendly, and other professors really good in the classroom and interacting with their students.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

In the downtown campus organized sports is limited. The sports played are recreational and switch from Fall to Spring. Sports includes volleyball, soccer, hockey, and basketball. The Pleasantville campus has all the division sports.

When you step off campus what do you see?

If you step out of the downtown Manhattan campus you see City Hall directly in front of you, as well as City Hall Park. To the right you see the Brooklyn Bridge. If you walk a few blocks to the north you run into the NY Supreme Court and a few blocks more you're in Chinatown! If you walk from Pace a few blocks to the right you're at Ground Zero. A few blocks south and you're at Wall Street.

Describe the dorms.

I've lived at 2 out of the 4 dorms. The freshman stay at Maria's Tower, this dorm has a community shower and bathroom, which is cleaned every day. The rooms are a decent size but some of the views from the room are just breathtaking. There are RAs on each floor that can assist you whenever you need. There is security to sign in guests. There is also a kitchen on every other floor and a gym in the basement. But the best part about Maria's Tower is that it's attached to the school itself so it takes a few minutes to get from bed to the classroom. The second dorm is in Brooklyn. I absolutely adore living in Brooklyn, it's a much more residential area and a different vibe from downtown. It has just been renovated and it looks absolutely beautiful. There's a decent sized community kitchen, community areas with pool tables, and group study rooms. It also includes a gym membership to the local gym.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Pace offered me a lot of financial aid, I was accepted to NYU but I believed that the money Pace was offering me was too good to pass up. I also chose Pace because of its location. I new that being situated in downtown Manhattan I would be exposed to various career opportunities.

Students at Pace are motivated, ambitious, and active. We have many different groups on campus from religious or ethnic based to greek to professional based clubs. I don't think any student would feel out of place at Pace because the university offers almost every major or minor. You meet students from around the country and around the world. Students can wear sweats to suits to class. There are of course cliques but only because it's natural to relate to students with similar interests. No one really discusses their financial background but I know Pace gives a lot of financial aid even though it is a private university so I wouldn't be surprised to meet students of various financial backgrounds.

Academics are great at Pace! The class sizes are between 10-30 students for most classes and even in lecture halls, the professors try their best to interact with all their students. Professors definitely know their students names and are concerned whether their students are doing well or not. In class participation is very common; I believe this is because professors are apt at creating a comfortable environment for their students to participate. It even gets competitive for participation. I am a political science major with a minor in economics. My major allows me to study various topics such as African politics or 21st century philosophy. The most interesting class I have taken is Hip Hop politics. In addiction we have 5 areas of study to fulfill such as, art, history, community service, and science. I believe the academic requirements are fair and well rounded. Education at Pace is definitely geared towards finding a future career path.

Pace students are fortunate to have a prestigious and admirable stereotype that I believe to be more than true, a stereotype of being hard workers. Pace students work very hard at trying to explore any opportunities that Pace has. Many students you encounter on a regular school day are either coming back from work or going to work. Many find internships or holiday jobs in order to gain all the experiences they need for a successful future. It is motivational and inspirational to be surrounded by a student body that is very ambitious.

Ivonna

The best thing about the Pace NYC Campus is that it is in a great location in New York City. It is close to City Hall, Wall Street, South Street Seaport and it's only a few stops away from Brooklyn Heights. Also, it is the perfect place to network for jobs and internships and to make great connections with professors. One thing I'd change is to have more space for clubs and student organizations on campus, which is being worked on by the University but I will not be able to enjoy those changes as a student unfortunately. As for the size I would love to add more buildings which the plan is in the works however just not enacted fully. People react positively when I say that I attend Pace I haven't received any negative feedback. I spend most of time everywhere on campus because I'm an active student and I am always on the go. The NYC Campus at Pace is not the traditional college campus or college town but you can definitely find a place to fit in.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors I've had are very well-versed in their fields and are willing to help students at Pace. They have helped me with my classes, networking, etc., and it does not have to be within your field of study. As long as you show genuine interest in a program at Pace the professors are more than willing to help students.

When you step off campus what do you see?

NYC of course which has it's perks and it's downfalls. The interesting thing is that students have easy access to the city. That being said the 24-hour security at Pace only extends to the buildings. Like any location in any place urban, suburban or rural you have to careful and aware of your surroundings. It should not mean that you should limit yourself to traveling around NYC but you just have to be smart about it. Always try to travel with a friend or groups of friends and let those close to you know where you are in case of an emergency. Other than that just have fun there are restaurants and parks nearby campus that provide enough for students to enjoy the Financial District.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Pace has been known to be a "commuter" school in which students just go to class and leave campus once their school day is finished. Hence, it is a little bit harder to make friends which can be one of the negative aspects of the social scene. Over the course of my four years at Pace I've seen it change and students are building a community through student organizations. Usually once students find their niche within their majors, student organizations, classes, etc they end up finding the better parts of the social scene at Pace.

Describe the dorms.

Maria's Tower (All Freshmen Dorm) - Maria's Tower is a University owned dorm, located on the main building of the NYC Campus One Pace Plaza. Maria's Tower has 12 floors. It includes wireless internet, heat and air conditioning, 24-hour security, free laundry and communal lounges with flat screen televisions. The rooms are shared doubles and the bathrooms are communal but there are enough for each floor. It is the best dorm a student can live in as a freshman. There is a large sense of community and students make some of their best friends in college at Maria's Tower. John Street (Freshmen and Upperclassmen Dorm) - It is leased by the Pace through Educational Housing Services (EHS) consisting of 18 floors. The amenities include wireless internet, 24-hour security, laundry, a communal lounge on the 18th floor and a free gym facility. The rooms range from double and triple rooms with furniture, flat screen televisions in each room with cable and private bathrooms. Although John Street is within walking distance of One Pace Plaza, please be mindful that the fire alarms are sensitive and are set off by fellow students. Thus, increases the amount of fire drills that take place. Fulton Street (Upperclassmen Dorm) - Pace owned dorm within walking distance of One Pace Plaza. There is 24-hour security. Amenities include wireless internet, private full kitchens, private bathrooms, free laundry, 24-hour study lounge, gym facility and cable ready rooms. The rooms range from singles (which are limited), doubles, open/closed quads. Fulton is the dorm that is most similar to an apartment therefore it does fill up quickly when room selection season rolls around! St. George/ Clark Residence (Freshmen and Upperclassmen) - This dorm is in Brooklyn but that should not deter anyone from living here since it is only one train stop away from the NYC Campus. Trust me it is a lot closer than what people think. There is 24-hour security, laundry, free shuttle transportation to the main Pace campus, along with free gym membership to Eastern Athletics which is down the block from the dorms. The rooms range from singles, doubles and triples. The room amenities include private bathrooms, furniture, and flat screen televisions. Although they are connected the St. George and the Clark Residence are two different dorm residences facing different streets. Both dorms are also owned by EHS however the rooms are significantly larger than the John Street dorms and cheaper given the location. The area of Brooklyn Heights offers some of the most renowned restaurants such as Grimaldi's Pizzeria. It also has the famous Promenade with the view of Manhattan skyline. Students should definitely considered the St. George/ Clark Residence when choosing a dorm.

The Pace NYC Campus is not your traditional campus. Although there are central locations such as Cafe 101 and the courtyard located at the main building, the buildings are spread throughout the Financial District within a reasonable radius. All of the buildings are within walking distance. The best advice I can give to someone adjusting to this kind of setting is to make NYC your own campus.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose Pace for a wide variety of reasons. One being that it is located in a great area of NYC. Another is that I was very impressed with the students on the visitation weekend that is offered to prospective students. Their enthusiasm for Pace made me excited to attend Pace and my decision was finalized. I also received a generous financial aid package so that aided in my decision making process.

The usual stereotype is that Pace students are accounting and business majors since it originally started as an accounting school. However that is not the case since the Dyson College of Arts & Sciences recently surpassed the amount of students in the Lubin School of Business. Other prominent schools and colleges are the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and College of Health Professionals.

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Pace is right in the heart of the Financial District. NYC City Hall is right across the street from campus and adjacent to the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. It is only blocks away from Wall Street, China Town, the South Street Seaport and Battery Park City. Pace is also closest to the majority of the main NYC train lines that can transport students to all different areas of NYC.

Pace has a diverse student body from different cultures, ethnicities, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. It definitely is a melting pot so to speak.

There are a wide variety of student activities and organizations that students can get involved with at Pace. Some of the most popular ones are the student run newspaper The Pace Press and the up and coming television station Pace's Official Programming Television (POP TV) both of which I serve on the executive boards. Other student organizations include the entertainment and media organization P.A.C.E. Board, the Student Government Association, APHROS Literary Magazine, the Stonewall Coalition, WPUB radio station, the Legend Yearbook, and Greek Life is also on the rise.

Based on my experience all of my professors know my name and make sure that they get to know everyone in the class. Students study depending on the curriculum of the class and their own knowledge of the subject material. Class participation is pretty common and students have intellectual conversations outside of class with their group of friends. Students are not usually competitive at least not what I have seen in Dyson College of Arts & Sciences. The most unique class I've ever taken is a philosophy class entitled, Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and we just studied The Critique of Pure Reason as our primary text and applied it to everyday situations in contemporary society. The Philosophy & Religious Studies Department provides a wide variety of opportunities in academia, law, nonprofit, etc. It's a pretty close knit department in which students feel included and the professors are easily accessible and they'll talk to you both in and outside of the classroom. Pace's academic requirements are pretty flexible. They require students to have a liberal arts education in which they can be well rounded which makes them get the most out of their degree. The education at this school is geared towards learning for the sake of learning and getting a job. Most of the curriculum are academic facts but they apply to real world situations that students will utilize in the future.

Laura

To be honest, for the first two years I was here I had a love/hate relationship with Pace. By the end of my Sophomore year I found a really solid group of friends in my building to hang out and study with. I also began to do the Pace Drama Alliance that semester which got me more involved and allowed me to meet more people. I'm about to go into my sixth semester and I absolutely adore Pace. I have a very solid group of friends here and there are extra curricular for everyone. Teachers are nice as long as you respect them, and most are fair graders. Most adults consider Pace to be a "good school", meaning it is respectable and offers a good education. During the Fall of 2010 the Pace community grieved the loss of two students. The first was Danroy "DJ" Henry, who's case ended up being quite controversial and is still in question now. I honestly do not know what happened precisely, but Henry was shot and killed by Officer Aaron Hess the night of our homecoming outside of a local bar. I personally believe that whether or not Henry was driving recklessly there were other safer ways to stop the vehicle and he would still be alive today. Pace pride is starting to get bigger, this year Homecoming was a huge success and students are getting more involved and staying more on the weekends than they have in the past. The biggest complaints about Pace is the cafeteria food. Honestly stay away from the chicken, but over all it's tasty but i know it upsets a lot of peoples stomachs. I don't have a meal plan because of this and since I can have a refrigerator and there are kitchens in each dorm building I can cook.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I was instantly comfortable at Pace and it reminded me a lot of my home town because of the wild life on campus. It was an hour away so far enough to get away from everything and close enough that in the event of an emergency my family wasn't too far away. I liked that all of the people I met were nice and easy to talk to. I also appreciated the prestige of the school and how it would look on a job resume.

The most popular groups on campus are the Sororities and Fraternities, the Black Student Union, the Organization of Latin American Students, and Athletics. Generally if you aren't involved in Greek life, than you are involved in Athletics, and if you don't do Athletics than you're involved in a smaller organization kike Black Student Union, and if you don't do that than chances are you have a small close knit group of friends in the dorm area. In certain resident halls it's more common to leave your door open than others. In any hall though it is important to lock your door when you aren't there. This year my roommate and I were victims of theft. Some people go to the athletic events but it's never a huge turn out except for homecoming. The Pace homecoming events are the most highly attended events all year. There are fireworks, dances, the pep-rally, a drum line and step group, cheer leaders, a dance team, contests where you can win things, a drag competition, and the homecoming bazaar where various clubs sell different things to raise money. The party scene isn't so big this weekend because security is really tight this weekend. Homecoming is the biggest tradition we have next to townhouse day, Townhouse day is the one day of the entire academic year that a blind eye is turned on all that is evil. It's always towards the end of the spring semester. Everyone is drunk. Everyone. As long as it's in a red cup it goes. Everyone gets drunk before they go up to the townhouses, then the houses are almost all open and people continue to drink there. Pace rents fun equipment like bouncy houses and slides. Other than that all townhouse parties (as of this semester) are shut down by 1am and resident assistance look for any reason to kick someone out of a party. Though in the past there used to be parties on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, this semester it's been mostly Friday and Saturday. Thursday nights if people drink they got to the bar or stay in their dorms with their friends. Greek life pretty much runs the party scene so if you aren't close with someone in Greek life or aren't in it yourself you could find it difficult to find a party. For people who don't like drinking there is a train right in town that goes to New York City. There is a bus that goes into town where there are many restaurants including Pizzerias, Chinese food, Indian food, American food, Sushi, Pizza Hut, and McDonald's. There is the Jacob Burns Film Center as well. For those who are fortunate enough to have cars, the next town over has several movie theaters that show more mainstream films than the Jacob Burns, more places to eat, and mini golf. White Plains has a lot of shopping areas and is only $5 round trip from Pleasantville. The dating scene is mostly just hook-ups, all of the nice boys have girlfriends either on campus but usually at home. All of the jerks cheat on their girlfriends, or are incredibly shallow. I can't speak for the girls because I've never tried to date one. I met my best friend when I was smoking a cigarette at the side door of my dorm. We have to go 50 feet from the building so everyone generally ends up in the same spot, we found out we had a lot in common and now we hang out every day. I met my other Pace friends at orientation, preview weekend, Facebook, and through other friends. If I'm up at 2am on a Tuesday there are two possible reasons for it; if it's the beginning of the semester I'm probably in someone's room watching Southpark, if it's the end of the semester I'm studying for my finals.

Pace isn't a very religious school but there we have some religious clubs. There is the Campus Crusade for Christ, The Chabad Jewish club, and P.I.P.E. which stands for the Pace Inspirational Praise Ensemble. As far as race goes, we have a lot of students and teachers from different parts of the world. We have Black Student Union, African Students At Pace, and a club for students of south Asian decent. There are a few gay and lesbian students here and we have a Gay Straight Alliance. Our Homecoming kid this year is a homosexual. I feel that if anyone would be uncomfortable it would be someone who has a hard time getting involved and meeting new people. There are some cliques, people in the same sororities/fraternities tend to stick together, but most of my friends have different majors and different backgrounds I'd say a good portion of the time the students dress pretty casually but their clothes are nice clothes (nothing ripped, revealing, or offensive). For career and internship fares most students wear suits. A lot of the students here are very wealthy, drive fancy cars, and go out a lot. There are also a sufficient amount of students who are not wealthy and are able to make fun by staying in. Politics is not a big deal at Pace for most students.

There are a lot of students who choose to participate in Greek life and they have a really big presence on campus.I believe because of this people believe Pace is a huge party school, that drinking during the week is a regular thing, but honestly it isn't that big of a deal here. I know people who drink at inappropriate times, they're called alcoholics and obviously no one should strive for that life style. Within Greek life though there are different types of people, and I honestly believe there is a group of friends for everyone here no matter what you choose to do. There are plenty of clubs to join, there is a community service organization, athletics, a radio station, student association, travel courses to take, a lounge for commuters, and various events offered throughout the semester.

Frances

Overall, I’m very happy with my decision to attend Pace, I love it here :). My favorite things about this school are definitely the teachers and academic advisors; they’re the most helpful people I’ve ever talked to. They are easily reachable by phone or email and they always inform students of their office hours in case you ever need to meet with them in person. One of the things people complain about the most is the Office of Student Assistance or OSA; this is the office that’s mostly responsible for processing tuition payments and Financial Aid. I’ve heard here and there that people who work there aren’t very nice or helpful people but I’ve also heard the school is working on improving their efficiency so that’s a good thing. I attend the Westchester Campus and i think it is just the right size. Not too big to never get to know it completely, but not too small where you feel you have nowhere to go. When I tell people I go to Pace I usually get very positive reactions like “Oh I’ve heard that’s a very good school”, which is always nice. When I’m on campus I usually spend most of my time at the library, the environment there is very nice, when I feel like meeting friends we hang out in the first floor and when I need a quieter place to study the second floor is always perfect. When I’m not studying, I usually hang out in my dorm and watch movies with my roommate or head to the cafeteria to grab food or a snack.

Professors definitely know my name. The classes are just the right size; usually they’re never over thirty students so is easier for the teachers to remember everyone’s names and how everyone is doing in class. My favorite class ever was Law 101; I took it when I was a freshman as one of my open electives. The teacher was the funniest man I’ve ever met and also very knowledgeable. Taught by the wrong person this class would have been the most boring class ever, but because of the teacher I actually enjoyed attending class, even though it met at 8:30 in the morning. My least favorite class was Psychology 111, at first I thought Psychology might be interesting for me but it turned out not to be, all the technical terms...it was just not my thing. I personally don’t know anyone who studies all the time but it always depends on how much work the teacher assigns, everyone usually studies more towards midterms and finals of course. The amount of class participation depends on the class but there are always a couple of students that participate all the time in each class. The most unique class I’ve ever taken is definitely History of Witches and Wizards. Honestly, this class wasn’t one of my choices, I had to take it because I needed a History class and all the other ones were full, but luckily it turned out to be very interesting. I’ve recently declared my major to Communications, I’ve taken a few media classes so far and I’ve loved them, especially Writing in the Electronic Media or Broadcast Writing. My advisor also made it very easy for me to know what classes to take and how to make my schedule. I would say the education at Pace is definitely geared towards getting a job, in class the teachers always remind you things like “When you guys are out there, this is what you’ll do” and the school has also Career Services which is a very helpful department in everything that is getting internships and possible jobs.

One of the most common stereotypes i've heard about students at Pace is that we are all rich kids. This couldn't be any less true. Pace students como from various socio-economic backgrounds because the school counts with a great Financial Aid system and because a lot of money is given out every year in scholarships, too.

Carly

I love this school. I had a great time in my undergraduate career at Le Moyne College, but absolutely LOVE Pace University. All of my professors are amazingly helpful and there whenever you need them. They are also very current, which makes it easy to relate to them, and exciting to be in their classes. The school is somewhat of a larger school, with 12,704 students total, 7,807 undergraduates, 4,042 graduates, and 855 law students, it would seem somewhat daunting to go here if you come from a smaller town, and small undergraduate school, which I did. From what I have found, everyone is close-knit and connected. Stepping into the library or walking through campus, you will hear many "hey, what's up!" calls from all over. You will also have access to some of the most helpful staff all around campus, all of which are pleased and happy to help you and provide you with some insight to your questions. When people ask me where I go, and I proudly tell them Pace University, I typically get a "wow, that's a great school!" or "what a BEAUTIFUL campus!" reaction and response. To be honest, it's true. The campus is beautiful, and this is a respectable school to go to. There is also a lot of school pride on campus. If you take a look at the freshmen orientation videos, where everyone is cheering and dancing with Pace's mascot, or walking through campus on a football game day, everyone has Pace Pride. In addition, there is ALWAYS, always, always something going on on campus. From sports games, to de-stressing activities before finals week, to lectures, and the Bodies exhibit, there is literally something for every single person who attends here to keep busy and active. One thing I would change would be making the scholarship process a little easier. I did not know I would receive a scholarship, but I did, (which of course is fantastic) but it has taken a little while, and a few too many, in my opinion, phone calls to sort out. The process has been a little difficult in the sense that my scholarship has not gone through yet. But honestly, the school is just right for me.

I would say the most popular student activities and groups are the SDCA (Student Development and Campus Activities), greek life, and the radio station, WPAW. All of which are extremely active and do great things on and off campus. There are a range of student organizations from academic, cultural, religious, performing arts, student media, special interest, student governance, and test webform, coming to a total of 30 different organizations. All sorts of events from athletic to guest speakers and theaters are very popular, and, the best part is that there are 3 different campuses to attend such events! White Plains, Pleasantville, and NYC offer a range of things so you will never get bored, and never have to leave the Pace community! I met my closest friends in class, as I am a first year graduate student who does not live on campus. I was nervous since I wasn't living on campus that I wouldn't make friends or fit in, but my friends include some who do live on campus, and some who don't. All of us are involved in the school, with other students, and professors as well. I don't feel like I'm not a student there, I definitely feel like I belong.

I would say that literally every single kind of person is accepted in this school. I have many friends from different religious, racial, and sexual orientations and backgrounds, and not one person feels left out or alienated. In addition, friends of mine who are not gay or bi-sexual, are also very actively involved in the LGBT community. Everyone is welcomed here, and no one feels left out.

Academics are rigorous, but the classes are so interesting and exciting that it doesn't seem daunting or stressful. My professors know my name, as the average class size is about 18 students. It is great to have a professor actually care about how you are doing in class, and to be there when you need help, not only for your time in school, but for your time after you graduate as well. From my personal experience, being able to be close with professors gives you such a great learning opportunity, and also gives you the ability to ask for a recommendation, one that will actually be true and personal, from a professor. My favorite class is Industry Theory and Practice, MCA 601 with Dr. Pulaski-Behling. We have done projects on the social media and business networking site, LinkedIn, as well as done projects about cultures from all over the world and how they handle business negotiations. I would definitely say that the education at this school is geared towards getting a job. Coming form my undergraduate school who did not do this, I am extremely grateful and impressed with this school's academic programs. I am learning things that are so practical and useful for when I graduate. Examples include: writing effective business memos and cover letters, analyzing and comparing companies and their marketing strategies and statistics, as well as learning how to speak effectively, cohesively, and comfortably when in a business setting, and across cultures.

I would say that Pace University has all different stereotypes. From the faternity guys and sorority girls, to the jocks and just cliquey girls. At first glance, yes you would definitely see this. Once you actually spend about five minutes on campus, you will see that these stereotypes are false, and although students hang out in their certain groups of friends, everyone on campus is extremely friendly and helpful. From my personal experience, I have been pleasantly surprised from everyone I have encountered here at Pace. I have friends who were on the football team, in sororities, and some of the "hipsters." My first time on campus was before school even started. I was walking around and trying to get to know the campus, when a girl who just graduated from the Master's program I am in offered to give me a tour. She gave me all of her contact information, and from there, I knew that this was a great school to be in!

Some of the most popular orgs on campus are our cultural orgs like the Black Student Union, the Students of Caribbean Awareness and the Organization of Latin American Students. These orgs, along with several other orgs, host annual staple events like the Fashion Show, the Block Party and Holi-Jouvert. There are great parties thrown every semester by an organization, or three or four orgs working together. The campus radio station does a costume party for Halloween and also had a Don't Forget the Lyrics event, which I'm sure will turn into an annual function. There are so many ways to have a good time and not even have to leave campus! Even the residence halls get involved. Townhouse Day is one of the most anticipated events of the Spring semester. It's a huge carnival hosted right in the middle of the townhouses and there's plenty of free food and fun to go around!

Students that are together the most share common interest of course like any other place in the world. However, that doesn't mean people who are totally different don't know each other and get along. If you're funny and nice, people are not going to mind having you around even if you wouldn't normally hang out together. I've sat at tables with rich white sorority girls and I've sat at tables with Brooklyn girls and both tables have given me the same amount of laughs and I have given the same in return. We don't have to from the same place at my University to be acquaintances in the least. It's just that Pace is a place where you find your own but you feel okay stepping out of that.

The class sizes are small. Classes could range from 8 students to 30. I believe smaller classes make the experience so much better. Different professors perform differently, but I know about my major in particular to be one of the fastest growing majors on campus and I believe a lot of it has to do with our phenomenal professors of the Communications Department. All of our professors have real world experience in the courses of which they teach. A former Fox News Anchor teaches courses on writing copy for broadcast news and on "the art of anchoring." Our film courses are taught by professors who have worked in film in the past, or still stay connected to the film industry even today. Our production courses are taught by professors who have worked in every stage of production--pre, pro, and post. It's just a great environment to learn hands on work.

People think the Greeks live completely separate lives from everyone else but thats not true. Several of us inter-mingle and I personally hop into everyone's circle, both Greek and non-Greek as long as you're a fun person.

Christina

I enjoy Pace because its a small campus, which works perfectly for me. I'm able to walk to all of my classes and the class sizes are small so the professors can really get to know each student. There's a lot of things to do around campus, a lot of organizations to join and the city is just a train ride away. That variety that Pace offers is one of my favorite things about it. There is always something for everyone.

Because Pace is a smaller school, the professors usually know most students. And for most majors you usually take the same professor more than once - which could be a good thing or a bad thing. I like that I can take the same professor more than once because I like the familiarity, I know what to expect and so do they. The library usually isn't busy until finals week, but most students do well in their classes. The work doesn't seem to be too much but its not always a walk through the park either. As for class discussions, almost every professor I've had encourages it. Its great because most professors have interesting stories when it comes to specific majors so its always great to get their actual opinion on a real life experience rather than something out of a textbook. And I've had a lot of professors who have tried to help me get internships or jobs, which is great because they usually know a lot of people.

At Pace University, most people believe that you aren't considered "cool" unless you are in Greek Life or Athletics. I necessarily don't believe this stereotype because it means you fall under two categories. There are a number of students who aren't involved in either but still manage to have a good time on campus and are often friendly and know everyone else.

Gabrielle

I love it here. Honestly, it wasn't my first choice (a much bigger school was) but I couldn't be happier. Pace is full of truly nice people. The Pleasantville-Briarcliff campus I attend has about 3,000 kids, half of whom commute and half live on campus. That's perfect. It's small, yeah, but it's big enough to meet a new person everyday. Through Pace I was able to study abroad in Australia (studying abroad is pretty easy and affordable here--take advantage!) where I went to a school ten times this size. 30,000 kids is so impersonal, it made me appreciate even more what a family Pace is. What a lot of people have heard about Pace is, sadly, the DJ Henry tragedy. Long story short (if you haven't heard), one of our classmates was killed by a cop 12 days before his twenty-first birthday even though he wasn't doing anything wrong. There are a lot of terrible things on the internet about it but for the most part, it unified our campus in a way I've never before seen--we rally behind him and his family in trying to find the absolute truth. For prospective students, don't let the tragedy turn you off to Pace. It's not a dangerous place. As far as the town goes, it's quaint but in close enough proximity to the city that you can go as often as you'd like. When I'm on campus, I hang out in the library, either cafeteria, my residence hall or right by Choate pond when it's nice out.

You're going to hear people complain about campus, about the administration, about the size, about the other students...but they'll still stay. Many transfer, yes, because it's not for everyone. It's not so big that you can fall asleep in class without being noticed and that bothers a lot of people. It also bothers people that they see some of the same people every day. Honestly, I couldn't imagine not liking it here. Everyone is so nice and humble and the opportunities to get involved and excel are presented to everyone.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

It's a small and diverse university 45 minutes outside of midtown Manhattan, situated amongst trees and greenery in quaint Westchester county. The environment's positive and reportedly has the best internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area. I love it here--I tell everyone that.

What's the Greek scene like?

Greek life is huge at Pace. I myself am not part of it but my freshman year I lived with four girls, all of whom pledged a sorority. Some people love it, some people hate it. Bottom line is that there's a large Greek presence of campus and they set up a lot of the events. I can appreciate it for what it is without joining it.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I picked Pace because they're wonderful with financial aid and the feel of the school was very positive. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better fit. It's not that big (around 3,000 students) which means it's a tight knit community of people who care about each other but not so small that you can't meet new people. The campus is pretty and the classes sounded interesting. When I came for Accepted Students Day, the panel of students that spoke said great things and the mock class I sat in on was very interesting.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Pleasantville is a quaint little town that's very Westchester...if you've never been to Westchester, it feels like you're stepping into a small rich town straight out of the movies. It's really THAT small and THAT quaint. I like it, but it's a bit different than my hometown of Albany. Still, there's a lot of greenery which is nice.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Sports are big at Pace even if our football team doesn't play very well. Our volleyball, soccer, basketball, and swim teams are all pretty good, and athletes make up a large portion of the student body. We're Division 2 so sports aren't everything, but the athletes are pushed hard and Pace supports them.

We have two campuses for just the undergrads in Westchester--one in Pleasantville (academic and residential) and one in Briarcliff Manor (purely residential). Both campuses are very pretty and fairly woodsy. There's a wonderful pond on the Pleasantville campus that you're bound to appreciate when going to class. The trek between the two campuses isn't bad and the transportation is provided for free. Some of the buildings clearly have history, like Choate house--it's a big pink building that used to be the home of a psychiatrist. Dr. Choate would often take his asylum patients out on the pond for some water therapy. Isn't that a great story?

What are your classes like?

The classes I took this semester were all required core classes that I just hadn't taken yet, but usually they're interesting anyway. No one wants to sit through a boring class so thank goodness even in the required classes, there are always a few good eggs who move the class along and entertain them. They're good lengths--luckily, the longest classes (3 hours) don't go straight through most of the time because teachers know we need breaks. Overall, I enjoy my classes.

Clubs based on cultural discussion are super popular, like ASAP (African Students at Pace) and OLAS (Organization of Latin American Students). There are many members of WPAW (the radio station) and I personally am very involved in the Pace Chronicle school paper. In the dorms, people usually leave their doors open--if you notice that they aren't open, leave yours open to encourage others--and that's how you occupy yourself at 1am on a Tuesday: meeting new people. You're not the only night owl! Greek life and sports are big at Pace even though the football team typically doesn't do well. The student body just has a lot of athletes. Fraternities and sororities, like I mentioned, are big. They continue to grow every year I'm here, particularly the cultural ones. I am not involved in any but it's impossible to avoid their presence on campus. Like myself, though, you don't need to join one to be social. On Saturday nights if you're not a drinker, there are always other students staying in as well so you can hang out with them or go to a school sponsored event like the party coming up this weekend that just involves dancing (there's a DJ, lots of people go). Also, there's a movie theatre in town as well as places like NYC and White Plains to go to get away from campus.

Pace students are pretty diverse. We have students representing tons of nations and cultures across the globe and members of the LGBT community. Socio-economically, the Pace student body is very diverse. Some of my closest friends come from very different socio-economic backgrounds as well as different races, genders and heritages. Kids don't dress up too much for class...you definitely see a lot of sweatpants, but there are still well-dressed people. This is my third year at Pace and honestly I've only come across a few people who gave me problems or disrespected me. So few, in fact, that I can count them on one hand. Yeah, you'll run into some negative people, but they exist everywhere. My experience at Pace has been very positive.

My professors all know my name since each class has no more than thirty people, usually (sometimes not even close to that). The library is always abuzz with people but there are also other places to study on campus, like the Willcox computer lab. I'm a Communications major and there are so many internship opportunities it's not even funny. That said, it's a huge school for nursing, business, accounting and finance. The core classes are useful and the AOKs (Area of Knowledge classes) are an interesting additive--we have to take a class with a community service component, one with a history component, one with an art component, etc. My favorite class I've taken at Pace is either Writing for Print Media or a class I took on Chick Flicks. My least favorite have been Oceanography and British Literature because they were simply too much pointless work.

The stereotype of students at my school is dependent on who's looking. The rich townspeople probably think we're all trouble making "hood rats" because we're not 1) all white and 2) all wealthy. Pace students go to Pace mostly because the financial aid is so good as far as private schools go, so there is a diverse community of students here. The image of Pace being diverse is definitely true, but I wouldn't call us a bunch of hood rats. Obviously, we're in college trying to create a better future.

My overall opinion of the school is that it is a small school so I am not just a number I feel like a person. I like the fact that this school promotes diversity and equality. When I told people or tell people I go here they say they knew someone who went there. The biggest recent controversy is why one of our students DJ Henry was shoot to death by the police and why that cop got cop of the year award.There is a lot of school pride. the most common complaint by the students is why the shuttle buses are always late.

The sterotype of students are studious kids who can balance having fun and their grades

Pace is just the right size. The majority of the student population is bound to say it is a "home away from home." The town is not much of a college town, however leaving campus is rather rare for most. School pride and Greek life are huge on the Pleasatville campus and social activities are constantly occuring. It is fair to say students are rarely ever bored when they are at school. The tuition, however, is ridiculous. I think that some of our facilities could certainly be updated for the amount of revenue the school is taking in.

Greek life is huge on the Pleasantville campus. There are over 20 different sororities and fraternities ranging from cultural to social. Athletics are very popular on campus as well even though we are a Division D school.

Again, we are a very diverse student body. There are several organizations on campus that gear toward nearly every walk of life whether it be homosexuality or what have you. Until I came to Pace I always lived in a predominately white town and when I came to college I was reluctant to find that there was such a variety of people that I could constantly surround myself with.

Classes are kept small which makes for prime individual attention. Opportunities are always being offered to students as well for internships and jobs after graduation.

The one thing I love about Pace is that there aren't many stereotypes within the student body. It is a very small, unique campus derived with students from so many diverse cultures. The only stereotypes I've stood witness to within my three years at Pace are within Greek Life. Each sorority and fraternity has their own "cliche" which has remained the same year after year.

Pace University-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.