Pace University-New York Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Monique

The best thing about the social scene is the diversity of people that you have at the school. And when you want to go out you can go into town or take a train trip to the city campus or a shopping trip. The downside would be for the commuters mostly. Since they commute its hard for them to be opened to the same as the students that are residents.

Ivonna

Pace has been known to be a "commuter" school in which students just go to class and leave campus once their school day is finished. Hence, it is a little bit harder to make friends which can be one of the negative aspects of the social scene. Over the course of my four years at Pace I've seen it change and students are building a community through student organizations. Usually once students find their niche within their majors, student organizations, classes, etc they end up finding the better parts of the social scene at Pace.

Craig

The best part is obviously the school's location in New York City. The subway system allows students to experience any part of New York City for the just the price of a metrocard. The downside is the school's proximity to the financial district which is typically free of social activities on the weekend.

Hilda

The best part is that it is diverse the worse part is that it's not as active as traditional-campuses