Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

My first semester of college is coming to an end and I can honestly say it has been one interesting semester. Pace University is the perfect school for me. What I like about the university is the location. I was very scared of moving out my house and going to live by myself, but since the campus is only 45 minutes and a bridge away, it was close enough for me to be able to be near home, but still be far enough to get the college experience. The school is not big nor is it too small, its a very well medium-sized campus. Pace University has numerous campuses for you to find the one you want to attend: New York City, White Plains, Westchester/Plesantville. Its very tight-knit and almost everyone on campus knows you.

Pace is an extremely unique school, most students work at least one job or internship, and find a way to be active on campus. Although everyone is pretty busy preparing for their future, most students learn quickly how to manage their time efficiently and their grades do not drop. We obviously do not have sports, but we all show our Pace Pride by showing up to all the theatre performances to cheer on our friends, or hanging out at our concerts (Kanye West, Gym Class Heroes, Ataris, to name a few) or Inside the Actors Studio with our friends.

Pace is just the right size. The majority of the student population is bound to say it is a "home away from home." The town is not much of a college town, however leaving campus is rather rare for most. School pride and Greek life are huge on the Pleasatville campus and social activities are constantly occuring. It is fair to say students are rarely ever bored when they are at school. The tuition, however, is ridiculous. I think that some of our facilities could certainly be updated for the amount of revenue the school is taking in.

I really have grown to become comfortable of the environment of Pace. I love the leadership opportunities that Pace has provided for me. I think the size of the school is perfect, I don't just feel like a drop in the sea of students like some may feel at larger schools. However, Pace is not too small either. When I first told people I was attending Pace they seemed impressed that I was going to a school with such a good business background.

Pace has been a great experience thus far, that being said, I'm on Unigo now looking for scholarship opportunities because Pace is unwilling to look at and assist with my extenuating circumstances (even though they promise to 'accommodate students with extenuating circumstances' - direct quote taken from Pace). My professors care, the community its amazing and I've made life long friends and potential networking opportunities.

I enjoy Pace because its a small campus, which works perfectly for me. I'm able to walk to all of my classes and the class sizes are small so the professors can really get to know each student. There's a lot of things to do around campus, a lot of organizations to join and the city is just a train ride away. That variety that Pace offers is one of my favorite things about it. There is always something for everyone.

I transferred to Pace from a state university in Pennsylvania. I am incredibly happy with my choice to transfer here. Obviously, the location of the University's NYC campus is integral for internships, jobs, and general life experiences. Attending college in NYC is unlike anything else. By sacrificing the "typical college experience," one is able to learn things that others dream of.

I absolutely love Pace! It was my first choice school and I'm so happy I came here. It is a small, private university which is very benefical when it comes to learning and student professor relationships. At Pace each of your professors knows your name and it is a community that we all take part in.

The best thing about Pace is its Lubin school of business and its Co-op program. If I could change anything I would definatley change the way the Office of Student Accounts treats their students. I've been over charged for my dorm rental fee 3 times! Luckily I kept track of why I was being charged this much. If I wouldn't have checked, they would have stole my money! I would also change the Liberal Arts program ( needs more work). Above all, I would change the type of students that are accepted into this school. Most of these students respectivley don't have what it takes to survive in the real world and the maturity level is quite low. I've seen many manipulative students that are only in it for themselves. Pace is actually quite mid-sized. I try to spend most of my time in the library because that seems to be one of the only places where I can have peace on campus. If you go in the courtyard to relax, you have students looking at you through the cafeteria window and also through the hall windows. It's funny but also very annoying when you don't want to be bothered with anyone. The financial district is nowhere near anything close to a college town. Most of the people that I've met don't seem to know that much about Pace. If I go back to the west coast no one knows anything about my school. I've personally had many bump-ins with the girls at Pace. A lot of them have tried to grab ahold of me but I had to let them know that I dont hang with anybody. Also, if your a good looking young lady be prepared to have other women not like you simply because you are a threat to them. You have to put your game face on and stand your ground. There are MANY complaints about the students at Pace and the Office of student accounts. I have had problems with many extreme liberals, liars, girls who are desperate for a boyfriend, people with ulterior motives, and people with no respect whatsoever. Some of the women professors take things a little too personal. I try to have most of my classes taught by male professors since most of them know how to stay on point and won't give you a grade based on how they feel about you. Lastley, if your a freshmen that has a high maturity level, stay away from the people who hang out in the cafeteria. Most of the people there are only into the social sence and have no independent sense of direction.

My overall opinion of the school is that it is a small school so I am not just a number I feel like a person. I like the fact that this school promotes diversity and equality. When I told people or tell people I go here they say they knew someone who went there. The biggest recent controversy is why one of our students DJ Henry was shoot to death by the police and why that cop got cop of the year award.There is a lot of school pride. the most common complaint by the students is why the shuttle buses are always late.