Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

well first of all i must say that if some wants to go to college is because they want to learn and do new things , so the most that i have got from my college is experience and a lot of knowlege and for the same reason it has been valuable to attend to college. thats the most important part, but also metting new people is one of the things that college can offer to me , so every time that i wake up at 4:20 in the morning the first thing that i think of is: what is it gonna be today? more knowlege more people to meet and more things that required a solid mind that knows what i want to do with my life, become succesfull and finally do what i like the best: keep learning every single day. thank you for your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You worked hard to make it where you are now. Dont' stop now. Keep focused and your mind on what you want to achieve. This is your first time going away from home, get yourself involved. Many new social activities are going to come your way, learn how to manage your time. Yes you can have a good time, but keep your head in the books . It is easy to fall behind if you let yourself. Make a schedule that you can stick to. Have fun, be involved, and get good grades. (It costs a lot of money to have to retake a course). Enjoy yourself while you are young, but remember this is your seed to planting the rest of your life. Make the most out of your college experience and take advantage of everything your school has to offer.

I feel the most important thing would be for students to try to read much more about the school, whether that is online or friends would help as well. A great place to find info about the school is through Facebook.com Social groups. Their are many groups at my school everything from "Pace Investment Club" to "I don't need to have sex, Pace University Screws me everyday!" These groups allow students to vent and speak about problems at school. Furthermore, future students should try to speak to students in the area when they visit the school. Another option is to ask the school to allow the student to visit a class of their intended major. Had I done these things, I probably would not have gone to Pace University.

Applying for college is hard for everyone, parents and student alike. but its such a relief to know that the year after that you'll be at college having an amzing time, getting a great education and making life long friends. No one can take your eduaction away from you its one of the greates and most important things to have. college is college no matter where you go. As long as your happy and you like the school you choose, it makes no difference if its an ivyleage or a community college. college is what you make of it, if you get invilved and make friends you will have the time of your life. colleges have so much to offer choosing to go to Pace University its definetely one of the best decisions i have ever made.

College is a new beginning, a new start. If you have done poorly in academics when you were in highschool, college gives you a chance to start over. College is very different from highschool. Attendance is not mandatory and you have to manage your own time. One thing that I want to emphasize to you is that opportunities don't just walk to you. You have to find your opportunities to success. It would be great to maintain a high GPA when you are in college, but don't dedicate your whole college life into getting straight A's. Experience new things and get involved in activities, clubs, and organizations. Participate in events that will liven your spirits and most importantly, don't block others from coming to you.

The new incoming freshmen should know a few things. First, make sure you get everything financially done ASAP, you will get penalized if you don't. With dorming, you don't always get the roommate or roommates you want or the dorm. However at orientation if you already have a dorm and roommate in mind you can fill out a form there. Majority of the time you get what you ask. If you are interested in student activities, in particular, Greek Life, ALL FRESHMEN CAN NOT JOIN A FRATERNITY OR SORORITY UNTIL SPRING SEMESTER OF YOUR FRESHMEN YEAR. Believeme thats not bad, it gives you time to get used to the campus as well as college life. And finally, RELAX! Don't overwhelm yourself, you have 4 years to enjoy everything.

Ifi could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself to be different; to be spontaneous. In college I became a different person. I wasn't the same shy girl I was before. I made friends easily and learned to go with the flow. Because in the end it doesn't matter. Everywhere you go be friendly to everyone and a smile goes a long way. I would tell myself to be more involoved in school. Join more clubs. Be more involved with extra-curricular activities. I've joined clubs and met people with the same interests as me. As a high school senior, I wasn't as 'school-spirited' as the rest of my classmates. I didn't go to clubs or do any sports. If I could go back and change anything. I would be more free-spirited.

If I could go back in time and tell myself anything as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to remember that everyone is in the same boat and it's okay to try new things. Coming to college can be scary, but you must remember that everyone around you is scared. Don't be afraid to talk to the random kid in math class or knock on your neighbors door or join a club. Go out and meet new people, you never know who you will meet. It could be your future best friend or your soulmate. Everyone around you is in the same boat, and they are just as scared. It's okay to be yourself and to try things you would not normally do, because college is all about finding yourself and experiencing new things.

I must say that my favorite course I have taken in my college experience so far was my Intro to Theatre course. The policies enforced by the professor were strict: no more than one absense the whole semester, no late assignments, all pieces for performance must be memorized. However, while many would groan at such strictness, there was reason for it. In the class, collaboration was the key, and without it not only would everyone fail, but there would be nothing learned. And so while it might have been inconveinient to sit through a three-hour class, it was certainly a build of discipline. And discipline is what anyone needs in the real world and is amongst the most valuable qualities.

Your first semester your schedule is picked out for you, but after that you really should put a lot of consideration into how you make your schedule. Always speak to a counselor or professor for advice and be sure to pick up a copy of the requirements for classes for your major/minor to make sure you can graduate on time. Also, definitely use ratemyprofessors.com because it really helps to limit your chances of having professors you aren't going to have problems with. I would definitely suggest getting involved in at least one club too. You don't know where the club may take you and it may spark new interests. It's good to get out there and not be afraid to explore.