Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

I would say, choose a school based on what you like. Make sure you take the time to do the college visits and visit the campuses. Not everything you see in the booklets is exactly what that school has to offer. Look at the classes they can offer and select the right location based on what you like. Do not go to a college or university just for its name . Take the time to do the reserach and get to interact and meet some students who are currently attending that school. But key thing is to visit the actuall school and see the dining halls, the dorm rooms, the class room, and get use to it and see if it fits you.

Take your time researching, not just the schools but what kind of person you are. A little soul searching helps finding the best schools that fits the need of the individual. Parents/Students should keep and open mind when deciding on a school. As for making the best out of your college experience, that is on the student himself/herself. A student should keep in mind that the "best" college experience is simply what they make of it. Making the right choices and creating your own path is up to each individual, just try to always be positive, work hard and at the same time give your self time to relax and have fun.

Choose a college based on what you want your future to be. Don't choose a college just because it's a perfect distance from home, or the right amount of money, or the perfect social scene for you. Don't choose a college because it's the perfect athletic school or because your friends are going there. Choose a school that you can see yourself coming out a successful person because the economy is horrible and you need the best situation coming out of college. It's only four years and you can make the money back that you spend. Apply for as many scholarships as possible and don't choose the first place you visit.

Now that I have completed most of my collegiate years, I periodically take time to reflect on the choices I have made. I have only one regret. I wish that I would have made Pace Univerity my primary choice. I would recommend that parents and future students, take the time to research each college that one may apply for. I believe that if I had done the necessary research, I would have opted for Pace University. In short, I would recommend that a student should take the time explore and contemplate on who they are as individuals and furthermore, how they can achieve their goals by making their school fit them.

If I can go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to be open and speak to random people. Don't be shy and open up to others. The more open you are, the better. Through conversations with strangers, you learn a lot about the diversity of your school and the types of people that study in the same rooms you study. Make friends, and remember that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Also, consider dorming, even if its just for one semester. It might be a financial burden, but remember that it's important to spend a lot of time on campus in order to get the full college experience.

I used to be one of those spoiled children who thought I could get through life just with charm. I would mainly advise myself on the importance of getting good grades. However, I did recieve this advice but it didn't settle in until it was a bit late. Therefore, I would also express the importance of working and succeeding by your own means. The realization of the importance of money is a key factor in appreciating your education. In life you need to prove yourself and there if lots of competition in the academic field, therefore you need to persue a career that engages you and you are willing to fight for.

I am an African American female and most people like me don't have the privilege to even attend and open house but thank god and my parents I have been able to experience many terrific things at Pace University. I've become more independent and more understanding of the real world and what a college student is to really do. Attending this college has been valuable to me because I rememeber calling the Admissions Counselor everyday to see if i was accepted. When I entered the school the first day I remembered my great grandmother that had passed away in July and how I had promised her I would go to college

I regret a few things now that I am almost done with college. More than anything else, I would tell myself to do a study abroad. It's what I regret the most not doing. I would tell myself not to be afraid and just do it because there's nothing quite like being in a different country and learning about and falling in love with its culture. It's a life changing experience and the best place and time to do it is when you are in college with nothing holding you down. I would also tell myself to be more open minded in terms of career choices. I've come to learn that, but in the beginning I did not know.

No matter what happens, stick to your studies. Join clubs no matter how much you may think it is a waste of time. They are a great way to meet people. Do not be afraid to put yourself out there. You truly start to learn about yourself when you put yourself outside of your comfort zone. This is about to be one of the greatest chapters of your life. Take advantage of it. Many obstacles will be put in your way, but don't let that stop you. You're about to spend over $100,000 on your education, so you better stay focused so you can get out of debt, and enjoy your life by having a job that you love.

Finding the right college takes time. Don't wait until the last minute to start searching. Start looking now. Take chances, and be open to different places and ideas. Find a community where you could see yourself living. And most importantly, immerse yourself into that community. Time flies by so fast, the last thing you want is to regret things you missed out on during your 4 years in college. It is literally a once in a lifetime expereince, so embrace it, and get involved. Don't just come to school every day; become a part of the school, and make college life a part of your everyday life.