Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

Interact with the students on campus before making your decision. Get an honest opinion from someone who'll tell you their specific experience at their school. If someone were to approach me, I'd tell them that my school doesn't liquidate the heavy tuition back into the university, and the teachers do not have strict guidelines with their courses. However, the social life is decent, the surrounding environment is amazing, the major-specific courses are intellectual and worth the wait, and Pace is certainly a place where you can either make it, or break it. There is certainly no in-between.

I would tell myself to keep working hard in all my classes. I would tell myself to always look for scholarships that will help me pay for college. Also take the time out to make memories with everyone I went to school with and not regret. Also its important to study hard and keep on top of your school work. Once you enter college you?re not a baby and there?s no one to carry you or make sure your doing what has to be done. The last thing I would tell myself is learn as many lessons as you can without it being at your cost. That means learning from others mistakes.

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!! In high school I never studied for anything because I was the type of student that always did his home work and participated in class; which you had five times a week, and did perfectly fine. Now that I'm in college and have a class a max of 2-3 times a week, I can't afford to rely only on my class participation and home work; studying outside of class, and not just the day before a test, is a lot more benefitial. I would also tell myself to do the home work even if the professor doesn't collect or grade it; it all helps put in the end.

They must really research the school of their choice. Not only should they search online but also talk to faculty as well as students from that university. I encourage them to find a school that has a good program on the area of their major as well as one that best fits their personality. It helps when you walk into a school and you feel welcomed, not only by freshmen but by the upper classmen as well. You must also know if you want to stay home or live on campus. What do you expect out of that campus life and if that schools looks to fit your expectations.

I would tell myself to go look for college scholarships because school can be extremely expensive. I would tell myself to make sure I room with be who are like minded and have a similar day to night schedule as my own. I would tell myself not to get food crazy becasue freshman 15 is real! I would remind myself to never lose focus on why I'm going to college and to never lose hope and stay motivated. I would tell myself to trust that everything is going to fall in order how its supposed to be and to just keep movig forward no matter whats happening.

Stay in touch with your friends back at home. Some may have been the most rewarding friendships in your life. You did a fine job at working really hard in high school and it has paid off. Keep on doing what you are doing. Start listening to music. Look for an apartment first. Do your homework in calculus because you could have recieved a letter grade higher. Become more social in high school so you have some practice. Also, start dating so you can also have practice. Bring your coats with you because its cold in the east coast.

You're going to hear people complain about campus, about the administration, about the size, about the other students...but they'll still stay. Many transfer, yes, because it's not for everyone. It's not so big that you can fall asleep in class without being noticed and that bothers a lot of people. It also bothers people that they see some of the same people every day. Honestly, I couldn't imagine not liking it here. Everyone is so nice and humble and the opportunities to get involved and excel are presented to everyone.

If I could go back, I would change many things. I would have created better work habits and would have told myself to be more studious. Included in this I would have preached to work harder in class and wouldn?t have procrastinated as much. I would have looked for more challenges academically to help me better handle the pressures of college work. If I could go back I would also change things socially. I would have created a system to help balance out school work with my social life so I could have benefited from both equally.

I would utilize my extra time looking into every type of scholarships that I can be eligible for. Prepare myself in advance to face the heavy course load. Try to capture the knowledge of different countries around the world to expand my comprehension ability and social skills. Attending college has made me more alert about the universe by engaging in a diverse group such as different culture, ethnicity, religion and their original origin. All this is very valuable for an individual going into the psychology field.

Make sure that you know what you want and be focused. Of course many people do not know what they want to study when they first enter college, but it is very important to figure that out so you can focus your time on your career and not wasting it. Remained focus with your school work. It is very easy to fall behind so you always have to be focused. Throughly research the school you plan to attend and make sure they can offer everything you want. Don't settle for anything less, its your future.