Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to study harder and stop skipping classes. What I didn't know is that by skipping classes, I created a habit which followed me to college and made going to class incredibly difficult. Also, if i knew to study harder in high school, studying for finals and exams in college would be easier for me. The work is completely different, but the habits formed follow you to college and either help you or screw you over.

I think you really need to define yourself. I choose the city because I enjoy meeting people and making connections. I think it was the best decision I could of ever made. Pace has given me real stepping stones for my future. I think you should think about the long term as well. Don't just choose a school beacause they have a lot of frats and soriorties because come junior year that doesn't mean much to you anymore unless your in one. Make sure you check out the school before you accept.

Dear Dana, If I could go back in time, I would tell you to not jump to conclusions about people and your environment as quickly as you did as a freshman. I would remind you to be patient and not expect to get everything all at once. It takes hard work to succeed in college, and you're doing just great. Pat yourself on the back more often but try not to procrastinate too much. Speak up and be counted. You have a lot to offer your college and you deserve the success you earn!

Make sure you take the time out to visit colleges and talk to current students attend those colleges to make sure how they feel about it, and what is the same thing that all the students are saying about that college. Some schools, like Pace, allow the students to spend a the night and attend classes for a day with some of the current students to get a feel of how the college is really like. Take that opportunity. And make sure that the school has the major you really want.

Sometimes the college with the big sports program isn't the best school for your particular interest. Don't let notoriety interfere. If there is a lesser known school with a better academic program that is what is most important. I did research and went to a school that offered the best academic program in my field of study. We continue our education to study in a field we are interested in working in. There are always sports teams nearby to root for.

All you really need to do is actually go and visit the school, and talk to some of the students there- not the ones running the tour or whatever group you might have gone with, the actual students in the dorms. Also check out the real dorms not the show rooms, and seriously just walk in somewhere and start talking to some real students. Ask a lot of questions, any questions, but make sure you are asking the right people the right questions.

college teaches you how to live in a competitve world like today. not just can you help yourself but you help others by getting education. my college taught me the reality. when i got out of high and saw the real world, it was then i realized how tough the world is and that you have to be intependent to do anything here. it gave me a hope that i can be a someone that can cause a change in this world, the power to do something good.

Make sure the students make the decision. A parent can put their input in, but going to college is a huge change, and the student knows best what will suit him or her. Visit the schools. You can gain a lot of knowledge by observing the kids on campus, campus style, the flyers posted on boards, and do a lot of research. See reviews and etc and find out if its more commuter or residential--it makes a huge difference.

At Pace it is really important to get involved. It is a great way to meet people with similar interests and make new friends. Being involved at Pace gives students the opportunity to control their college experience and get out of Pace everything they possibly can. Pace has great faculty and staff that are always there to help their students and are really passionate about the subjects that they teach.

I've learned about the importance of work. There will never be a case where someone is successful and can sustain that success without work. In the short time I've been here, I've wanted to do more with myself, from searching for jobs here and there to volunteering to be my floor's representative. I want to express myself and be sucessful, but I don't think I can do that without putting in the work.