Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

Pace University does not have a very diverse ethinic group. The majority of the students are caucassian students, from rural towns and upbringing. Sometimes I feel displaced and out of sync with the students. Another issue that fustrates me is that students don't raise their hands enough in the class room. They appear to be dedicated to studying, yet no one in this school has enough life experience, or diversity, which makes the classes dull. The maturity level in the undergrad program is not completley there.

The most frustrating aspect at Pace, at least on a personal level, is balancing academic life with a social life. As a student who is part of the Honors College at Pace, I hold a job, while trying to maintain a 4.0 gpa. I am a very serious student, but I do enjoy having a social life that may include parties and going out a few nights on the town. However, it proves almost impossible to keep a 4.0 and enjoy such a social life. The cost of the housing is also very worrisome.

The most frustrating thing about my school are the small mistakes they make in important financial issues. There was one incident when people randomly recieved e-mails saying that Pace didn't have some student's FAFSA's on file, when students already filed them. I was one of those students and this made me scared because if the school doesn't have my FAFSA on file, then I won't be able to recieve financial aid. It turns out that the schools had made a mistake.

The school's beaurocracy is its worst fixture. Graduation on time is often a difficult task- it often feels as if students are viewed merely as sources of income. The inept security staff is also a frustration. Many tend to treat students as if they were children and argue with students over arbitrary matters- yet when their help is actually required they seldom have little positive input. They tend to hamper the experience rather than help it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is dealing with the financial aid office. It seems that the forms returned by students in order to get loans or accept scholarships offered to them are continually lost or misplaced. As students attending a university that is close to 50,000 dollars a year it is essential to have a financial aid department who is willing to work with students and have an organized and professional filing system.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes everything don't be on time. Alot of things such as programs, important letters, and even responses can be late or run behind schedule. This causes frustration to me because I feel college is suppose to prepare me to be early and on time with everything I do or else someone would take that oppportunty. Being delayed can mess up the flow of how eveything is suppose to be.

The most frustrating thing about my school was the cost. It was so frustrating because money was being take out of my account every month to pay for school. My mother worked so hard I could go to that school and they kept taking money that I didn't have; and my mother would work day and night just ti make sure there was money in my account so I could go to that school. I was so frustrated becuase I didn't know if it was really worth it.

The most frustrating thing about this school is seperated dorms by towns. The city campus has dorms in manhattan and brooklyn, while in pleasantville there's another campus on briarcliff. this can be frustrating while trying to get to class, as well as seeing friends. Also the meal plan is great at 1300 dollars or so each semester, but for some reason some people are given 125 dollars a semester, I just dont see how this could work.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the punting of data back and forth in the business and financial offices with no one accepting the responsibility of securing a direct solution to any particular question. Information is duplicated and one clerk will say that it is the other secretarys job to arrive at the answer but then that secretary says that the clerk should have the information.

I think the most fustrating part would be the tuition. Each semester I would have to find enough money to be able to pay for my education. The tuition is too high for a low middle class that I live in, I'm already in a lot of debt and hopefully I can be helped financially.