Pace University-New York Top Questions

Mirella

There isn't anything that I'd wish to have known. I love the school, location and general atmosphere. I love the city. There is always so much to do around the school. Also there is so many opportunites at the school. They provide you with jobs and/or internships. There are so many clubs to join.

Ciara

I wish I had completed and received more scholarships before coming here, because this school definitely overcharges for tuition and more.

Funmi

I wish I knew that this school would exceed all of my expectations, that way I could have declined my other university options sooner. I love that Pace strives towards greatness, and contrary to other schools, they do not believe your career starts when you leave the university doors after four extensive years; they believe your career starts the second you enter those doors your freshman year. The environment is youthful, filled with determination and success, and a constant want to strive.

Alisha

That I wanted to do pharmacy but still had a great experience learning about my self and finding life long friends

Meghan

I attend the Pleasantville campus. I wish I had known that there was very little commuter involvement. Commuters really have no place to go on campus. I would have also liked to know that the advisors are unorganized and lack knowledge. The departments do not communicate with each other and can rarely answer simple questions. If you want to succeed you need to constantly question faculty and be on top of your credits.

I wish I knew what it would truly be like to live as a student in New York City. Also, I wish I knew how different the college experience is when not living on a campus.

Shannon

I wish I had known that it was mainly a school for business majors and they have a strong focus on the students who choose to be in the business school.

Genevive

I wish I knew more information about the school's cafeteria and which places were good options to buy from and which were not.

There's nothing that I wish I had known. I really can't complain about anything. I've had some great job opportunities because of Pace and I'm learning so much in regards to Gender's study that I didn't think I would ever learn.

Angela

No, it is not really a deal-breaking, experience ruining situation. It's just a minor inconvenience.

ekaette

The one thing I wish i had known before I came to Pace University was the work load. I didn't expect it to be like high school; like a walk in the park. I just wasn't ready for the amount of work I was given. It was a lot and there where times when I felt like I wanted yo just give and stop. There were times when I was so overwhelmed and I didn't know if i would be able to do all the work.

wenya

how hard accounting is

ashley

I wish I knew how to spcifically prepare for college. Academics wise as well as extra curricular activities. I would have taken highschool more seriously; joined more clubs, sports teams,AP classes, and volunteer work.

Ezeh

I would wish to know about the hostels, the health status and the level of freedom in the hostel. Also I would wish to know about the location of the campuses and their distances from the school. It would also be of interest to know regime of work, how serious they are in despatching knowledge. I would also like to know about sporting activities within the school. The availability of technology and accessibility is a thing of interest and would like to know if the school has it. I will also consider the general outlook of the school.

Dana

It's hard to adapt when you're 4,000 miles from home. Sometimes it's hard to make new friends right away but it all comes together eventually.

Manish

I wish I knew how to socialize more.

Yasciris

I wish I would have known I wasn't going to get much money from Pace.

Max

no one has school spirit.

John

I am satisfied with what I knew while going into college. I do however wish I had more money.

The possibilities for other means of scholarships and grants I could have received to avoid the cumulation of student loan debt

Latona

That all the students are really wealthy, and about 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of them really care about how much money you have...not everyone though! :)

Christopher

I wish I had known what the academic culture would be like. (in specific, that involving the professors). There are many teachers at my school who take far too many courses (at far too many different schools) for themselves and in return, fail to remember the specific material to-be-tought for each individual class. What usually ends up happening is learning from an old, generic set of material that the professor uses each year, which is outdated, cliche, and boring.

Harkirat

I really wish I had done more research on the campus. I am not saying it is a horrible campus but it doesn't fit the stereotypical campus model of a few buildings in a circle with a fountain in between in them. Instead Pace is another building in a sea of skyscrapers and that really limits its possibilities.

Ariel

I wish that I had foreknowledge of the five year combined bachelors and masters degree of the psychology program.

kristen

bigtime suitcase school. a school for students who probably wont get in many other places

Trevor

Nothing, I was happy coming here with the knowledge I had.

How crazy student loans would be. I really regret not going to a state school because I am positive I would have had the same , if not better, learning experiance as I had going to a New York private university. School is what you make of it and how dedicated you decide you want to be, not how much it costs to attend.

Emnitza

I think I knew enough about the school before I made the decision to go there.

Julie

how expensive this school was and how the faculty is not very helpful at times

Not applicable.