Pace University-New York Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pace University-New York

Sheneil

Over all i think the school is pretty okay. There are a few kinks they need to iron out like their Office of Student Assistance (OSA). I feel like OSA is not much help to students attending the school. Also I wish they would have a wider variety of food. The staff is pretty okay but there are some teachers that should be re evaluated for work.

Sabrina

I love the environment of the school, even with us being in the city they always want us to feel safe and that is obviously a top priority to them. Also its NYC how could someone not love it. The professors truly want there students to succeed and make sure there are internships available for all. They want every student leaving being successful in there field. The school respects everyone , no matter how someone might identify themselves, there is a huge community of love and respect with the university life.

Pace is an incredible institution for the arts and creative community. In the heart of downtown Manhattan, Pace provides the location combined with top notch professors for anyone pursuing performing arts. My time there was informative, exciting, and overall high quality. The academics can be hit or miss depending on your professor, but I think this is true of any institution for higher education. For people pursuing academic degrees, the location is more desirable than the classes. There is very little challenge for academics, but there's incomparable education for the arts.

Margaret

Mediocre school, at best for top tier price. Do not even consider going here if you aren't Performing Arts and even if you are, consider carefully. The university itself sucks majorly.

Pace University is a fantastic community, especially for performing arts students. All theatre professors are currently working in the field and can tell you the real know how of the industry. I have learned so much in even just my first year and gained countless friends. Along with being an acting major, I am also a Peace and Justice Studies major. The Peace and Justice Studies major is newly added and an excellent and life changing program.

Yanique

Pace is a very nice school. At times though may find a few professors who may not try hard enough or make proper time with you and sometimes if you aren’t a student who is not shy you may feel like an outcase but despite that you may find nice professors around and nice people as it is a very cultural school with many different cultures.

Theresa

Pace is a good school. I do think I would have been happier elsewhere, but it's hard to consider transferring when you live in New York City. Truly, the best thing about the school is the Honors College. Without the scholarships I received from the Honors College, I would not be attending Pace. The staff of the Honors College are also incredibly helpful and somewhat dependable. I don't even go to my academic advisor through Pace, I really only talk to my Honors College advisor. The professors are very hit or miss. I've taken some of the best and some of the absolute worst. Ratemyprofessor is helpful in building a schedule. My PSY112 professor is the one who inspired me to change my major to Psychology from History. The arts programs at Pace are really great; our musical theater program is one of the most revered in the country. The cafe completely sucks. Seriously, buy the cheapest meal plan and spend your money on real food. I like Pace, but I can't say I plan to be spending any time here beyond undergrad.

Olivia

Pace University is college that prepares you for the real world. It is a very supportive school that encourages you to reach for your highest potential. They encourage many internships and different experiences that ensure you are equipped with all the tools you need. Someone is always there to help and students are always welcome to talk to their advisors and and enroll in the different academic programs to further your education.

Mikaella

It is either a hit or a miss a lot of the time. The teachers, classes, students, and dorm life go either way and you just have to luck out. The plus side is the city life and the surrounding areas. It is a city school so there is no real strong sense of community but any club or organization you join takes care of you. Great for business and the arts primarily.

I do not like it and will be transferring out after freshman year. The food sucks and don’t come here if you’re gluten free. Housing is terrible and has cockroaches. Nothing special about professors and not worth 65k a year to come. School of Education is a joke and extremely small because they are incompetent.

Markenzia

Pace University is a great school, especially the area it is located. The best part is when the teachers take small field trips around the city. The school is not too big so it is not that hard to find the right classroom. I really like the dorm rooms and get along with everyone on my floor. The only thing that I dislike is how strict the school is. Every hour there is an RA on the floor and there can be no talking after 11, even on the weekends. Overall the school is very well put and a great place to go to school.

Amoris

My overall opinion of Pace University, is a good one. I think that this school is a good school and the campus is well constructed, but I think that for most students, there's not much to do on the Pleasantville campus. I would recommend Pace University to students who would have a hard time transitioning from high school to college because resources are very accessible here, and it feels like somewhat of a family.

C

Pace University is a great school. It is a school that caters to various disciplines and has acceptable academics for each area. The academics are great but I believe everything could be a lot cheaper. Almost 30,000 a semester for tuition is a bit insane, but I really like the small class sizes and the fact that I can build a personal relationship with my professors, so I guess in that instance it is worth it.

Deanna

Pace University is a place that is extremely focused on academics and getting students a job in their field when they graduate. Many students will complain about the food and how the fire alarm goes off accidentally often. However, you wouldn't be able to find a better school in such a great area.

Overall, it's a decent school. The Pleasantville Campus is small and cute, but don't be expecting a major party scene, because there isn't one. The food isn't great, but it's edible. The professors are decent and willing to help. The best part about pace is their willingness to get you internships and jobs.

Salena

Pace is an awesome college. Teachers are always available online and offline. There are a lot of opportunities to sign up for, and lots of ways to de-stress after an eventful day. Pace is accepting of orientation, and there are a lot of events to attend. There are plenty of clubs and sororities/fraternities to join, so don't feel shy! I recommend people to go there for the experience if they feel they can handle the curriculum!

Leah

While Pace University doesn't offer a traditional college experience, it certainly gives you an immersed experience in New York City. Instead of feeling like you are in a college bubble, Pace feels like you are out in the work force and they have extensive resources that help you find internship and job opportunities from some of the leading companies in their field. It's a small school and is currently being renovated, but the experience of studying in the city allows you to accept opportunities that you wouldn't be given at a traditional university.

Lesly

My Pace University experience so far has been "all right". If I went back in time during the time I was choosing between colleges I would not have been as enthusiastic of Pace as I was. There can be a lot of improvements done to the university and the financial aid department could use new and nice staff members.

Rebekah

It's slow academic start but offers opportunity for internships. People often comment how long it takes to actually get into your major and start class loads for your major. Also you have to satisfy a lot of AOK classes to graduate to be a well rounded student. However, not much I do on campus. Not that much actual fun activities.

Deandre

I love this school and everything it has to offer and I want to go there. Pace University provides a great quality well-rounded education and offers a wide array of areas of study. The University is quite diverse as it is located in the midst of one of the busiest cities in the world, New York City. I love that its location provides both access to professionals in every area of study and unlimited mentoring, internship and job opportunities both while in school and upon graduation.

It is a great place to learn and make friends. Great opportunities can be found everywhere. internships and jobs seem to be available to a vast majority of students and the programs here cover a lot of interests. The food is eh, but the overall college vibe is enhanced by the city.

carson

People complain, but I really do love this school. Nowhere is going to perfect and Pace is perfect for me and a great school if you know how to work hard. Nothing is handed to you, but when you do your own work and reach out to people, the reward is incomparable.

Melissa

I had a good experience while I was there. I have since transferred out. However, the time spent there was not wasted at all. My adviser was wonderful. Most of professors were great except for two. The tuition is a little much for the education I was getting there but I guess that's the cost for a school that focuses on getting you internships and jobs.

While searching for Pace, and gathering all the information, I found that the school could offer me activities in and outside of school, clubs, and sports. Another reason that influence my decision of choosing Pace was because it is a very good and well located school. This means that their law program is very good, their teachers, content everything is perfect. Classes of no more than 20 students, which for me is much better since you can have that privacy with the teacher and they also know you as a student. Also Pace is in New York, the best state to be a lawyer, the capital of the world, and where there are many companies, and the best law firms. Pace also has connections with many organizations, including The White House, which is going to help me to make all the relationships that I need to be more that successful. In other words, Pace University will open all the doors I need to fulfill my dreams of being a great lawyer.

Anna

It/s very diverse and very accepting of everyone. Professors are always very nice and care for their students. Overall the faculty is helpful and nice. The student body is very diverse and it's easy to fit in and meet new friends. The location is amazing and provides you with various opportunities .

Angelina

I would give Pace between two and three stars. Three for location because you are not confined to a small campus in a tiny town. The academics, dorming and facilities are a joke. More than 50% transfer out due to financial issues and our cafeteria only seats 200 people. Dorming the first year is alright because you get to meet so many people if you're in Maria's Tower but other than that it's filled with roaches, no hot water and two roommates. The education is comparable to something you would get at a community college because neither the students or professors actually care about the academics. I would recommend going to a CUNY school, or NYU if you have the money to blow at Pace University. This school is basically just a glorified high school.

Julia

Pace University welcomes all students with their huge sense of community, the professors are great and the students are nice. There are always events going on for the students to attend to give them a break from studies and a chance to interact with other students on campus.

Richard

Pace University, I would say is a great school if the student is just purely focused on their academics. If the student wishes to have the typical great college experience where they party almost every weekend, big campus, lots of social events, etc then this might not be the best place. Its a great place for careers and academics because of the internships they provide.

Pace has been a good fit for me, however I know there are current and past students who don't feel the same way. I think Pace, as well as many other universities, are what you make of it. If you don't seek out extracurriculars, reach out to professors, join a study group, go to parties, etc, you won't have the same experience as those who do.

Alexa

I love it!!! Choosing a college was a difficult decision, but now I can say with full confidence that I have made the right choice. There is no better place to get your education than in New York City. I am extremely grateful for all of the opportunities Pace offers me.

Elena

Pace University is a perfect depiction of Manhattan; it opens the door to so many opportunities. Pace has helped me become more open-minded and ambitious. It has also encouraged me to experience new things. I have only been attending for one year and I already met great professors and friends. Hopefully, this trend will continue throughout further semesters.

Sabiha

I am a current freshman at Pace University in the New York City campus. I have done my research for this college since I was a junior in high school. I wanted to attend a college that offered small class sizes, which they strongly enforce. Pace offers internships which prepares students for the field they desire to work in. Pace has so many research opportunities and they truly want their students to succeed. The campus is located in the Lower East Side in Manhattan where numerous services are available. Since I am a commuter, there are various train stations nearby which makes it super convenient. The people at Pace are incredibly welcoming and accepting. During the day, events and activities are always present for students to communicate with other people, and take a break from classes of course! Sure, it is a huge investment to attend here, but the money is getting its worth. I am so glad I have made the decision of attending here. Not all colleges are like Pace University.

Elliane

I have enjoyed my time at Pace. The class sizes are very intimate and professors are so helpful. They bring in a variety of guest speakers that give great insight into the industry and that truly want to see students succeed. There are always events to go to, organizations to join, and things to do being that the university is located in the middle of the city. The university also offers field trips outside the classroom to visit major corporations and have informational interviews with industry professionals. My only complaint is that Pace seems to be behind technologically, though I feel that they are working on modernizing their systems.

Nicky

Love the school, class difficulty level, friends, location, freshman dorms, and opportunities.

Molly

Pace is an underrated school. With our new president, I think we are headed in an upward direction. He is trying to make the school more aware and accessible to the public eye. In particular, the FTVC and dance programs are going to be big in the next four years.

Ryanne

I love being a student at Pace University. I am constantly surrounded by diversity in one of the greatest cities in the world. There is always something to be involved in and the education is actually amazing. The cafeteria could use some work though. The school should encourage healthy choices by making them more affordable. I am very please my the school overall, though.

Aurelia

I think that Pace University is very underrated and can be a really great school, if you make the best of it. Being located in downtown Manhattan gives students many opportunities to work and intern during the school year/summer holidays. Academics is not extremely challenging, however, the honors college is reputable. Student life is rather lacking. However, many students live on campus in their first year, which is easily the best way to make friends.

Gabriellal

The westchester campus is more worth the money. But there both beautiful. The staff is very hands on with the students and the school has a lot to offer. I can't wait to attend the westchester famous in the fall. The technology the school has is amazing and the dorms are beautiful.

Ciera

PACE University is diverse, fun and full of opportunity! They have their own "PACE path" to help guide their students for their future careers, making it easier for the new graduates to get jobs upon graduation. Lastly, the PACE family is extremely welcoming and open-minded; everyone will find a place for themselves and feel accepted no matter what.

Brenda

i am currently a student at Pace and i commute from Long island . I love it. At pace you have to be very active and participate to receive the best of all the opportunities they have offer, it does have its flaws but their not really a big deal. the best part is that you are in the center of New York City and your opportunities are endless if you look for them.

Tarika

My overall opinion of the Pace University New York Campus is that it is a comfortable environment where I get to meet amazing people and have amazing professors who are always willing to help me improve myself. I get the opportunity to take part in many Pace events that can benefit me academically like seminars and lunches with professors where I have the opportunity to meet possible employers. I also get the chance to interact with people in social events such as plays and sports events.

Annie

I think Pace University is a great school, and it has a lot to offer. Not only is it in the Financial District, which in itself is amazing, but it has great classes, and gives students the opportunities they need to excel. I truly don't​ think I'd be this happy anywhere else, I feel well prepared for my future, and my professors have me very excited for whats to come after I graduate!

Maria

Pace is a great school. It is great if you are looking for a school in the city, because what better city is there than New York? Located in the Financial District, it is nice having a location in the less touristy part of the city. There are many things at your disposal and you should definitely take advantage.

Emelie

The campus is in the heart of Manhattan, few blocks from Wall St. As an accepted student I am more than excited to start my new chapter in life as a student at Pace University. To be near where it all happens is a dream come true. I can not wait til the semester starts so I can start living the life as a college student.

Elora

It is at least adequate in every way that I have gotten to experience thus far. I have still only visited the school, but I got a good enough vibe that I fell in love with the school and will be attending in August. The only issue i find is the huge cost of attendance and lack of scholarship opportunities.

Jaciah

I believe that pace is a great school. The accessibility the students have to their professors and facilities is something I admire greatly about the school. Also, having the connections with programs and internships is something I feel is something that the students are lucky to have.

Brody

Pace University is a beautiful school with qualified professors and great academic programs. I think it is a great school for helping students get jobs right after graduation because of the way they network with many different companies that give students a leg-up.

Baxter

The school isn't horrible. But it could be better. The dorms need some love and attention. And the cafeteria needs better food. The students pay way too much money to get food poisoning. And the performing arts department needs to be its own school. They bring too much damn money in. It's not a bad school. I'm a proud Pace student and I will represent for my Setters (our mascot). But we need to step it up.

Sophia

Coming from the suburbs of Texas, New York City was like a far-away dream to me. I could never imagine living in such a lively and magnificent city. But after applying to Pace University, this dream became a reality and I can confidently say it was one of the best decisions I have made. Pace has much to offer, and there is something for everyone - if you live for wild nights, there are clubs and bars available everywhere, and you'll always find others like you. If you like reading, there are tons of libraries and cafe's nearby. Even though the NYC campus does not have a music program for instruments, I have found community groups that will provide you with what you are looking for. Attending Pace has allowed me to establish a home in this vast city, and I couldn't be happier. I am adamant about getting a job in the city, so this is also another way that I was able to push myself into a bigger scene than I could have ever imagined.

Austin

Pace is a university with a student population of approximately 3,000 students. Class sizes are small, you have direct access to professors and there are incredible internship opportunities for any intended major. Even though the Pleasantville Campus is small, NYC is only 30 minutes away by train.