Forest Grove, OR
Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pacific University

Jamie

Pacific University has excellent teachers, and classes. The teachers are down to earth and willing to help you. Classes are very engaging and varied. When in class I can feel that I am learning things that will actually influence my academics and life. They also put a lot of effort into rape prevention and keeping the community safe. They make people feel more included and apart of a culture. However, the food can sometimes be terrible, and the hall I was in didn't have wifi for half the semester. Only one bathroom shower has hot water also. The housing is not as good as an expensive university should be, at least in Clark.

Daniel

I like it, can't go wrong really. It's a great college, but nothing particularly drawing I suppose. Small sizes and great professors are probably it's highlights. It feels like a big school when you walk around so it's good for meeting people, but it's easy to spot your friends from a crowd if you want to.

Merrily

Pacific University fits all the requirements that I had made for my perfect school. I wanted to be able to play basketball competitively, major in Psychology, be close enough to home (Portland Oregon), and be surrounded by a beautiful campus. Pacific University is a beautiful University, appropriate for anyone, with any background and career goals.

Shannon

Don't get caught up in what other people have to say about you. Just be yourself and once you're in college, no one will care becase either they will like you for you or choose not to associate themselves with you. Either one of those choices benefits you as a person. Mostly, just be content with yourself as a human being and know that you can do it. Know that you are able to shoot to the moon and back with everything that you do no matter if you are referring to school or sports. Lastly, don't get involved in past drama that is irrelevant. Stay focused on your studies and what makes you genuinely happy. That drama is not going to play into who you are as a person or who you will become so it is going to be most beneficial to you to simply ignore it and move on.

For me personally, the worst thing about Pacific University is its proximity to my home in Forest Grove, Oregon. I live about 5 minutes away from the school and because of this I still live with my parents.

Someone who wants the "college experience" should not attend Pacific University because there are not a lot of raging parties that happen here. Mostly the reason for this is because most of the people here are paying a lot of money to attend this college and therefore don't want partying and other aspects of the infamous "college experience" to interfere with that. These people include myself.

Immanuel

I know you fear all the things that could go wrong while you are “on your own” passing into adulthood. I know you are excited that you have “crossed the finish line”, in a sense, as you are about to graduate and move on from those many years spent in school. The truth is you will make mistakes, and some of the things you fear might actually happen. You shouldn’t be paralyzed by this fear but be ready to learn from it. And yes, you should be excited; celebrate with your friends and family for your great accomplishment, but realize that this is not the end of the line. You have crossed one finish line, but the next race is about to begin. The course of this race will take you to places you never thought you would go and meet people you will remember for the rest of your life. At times you will wish you didn’t have to grow up, but it is not a choice that you get to make. What you do get to decide is what kind of adult you will be. Good luck and know that you are never far from help.

someone who isnt ready to work hard. some classes can demand alot from students, but it is worth it and can be fun.

Alexandrea

People describe me as “quiet”. When I entered college, I met my first positive student leader role models, Resident Assistants (RAs), and aspired to become one of them. However, I thought it took a boisterous personality to be a leader. When I began thinking about being an RA, I turned to books for advice. Thus I discovered Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain. As an Asian American, extroversion often seems excessively loud - sometimes even disrespectful. In freshman year, I got teased for being “antisocial” because I didn’t constantly hang out with friends the way most teenagers do. I was studious, enjoyed reading and playing music, volunteered and held a work-study job, and loved having cultural discussions with my roommate – that’s all I needed. Quiet taught me the difference between shyness and introversion, validated the way I felt about my social needs, and empowered me with the knowledge that I could be an excellent leader without sacrificing my personality. I wish I'd known this and gotten involved on campus sooner - I've met so many wonderful people since.

Pacific is one of the friendliest places I know, and people are always willing to help you out.

Plan your classes on your own - don't just rely on your advisor. Lots of students end up coming back for a fifth year.

John

The advice I would give to myself as a High School Senior would be, first and foremost, to work harder, but also to work smarter. I have a tendency to want to be too perfect. Due to this, I tend to go into too much detail and run out of time as well as energy. In order to counter this, working smarter would be the best way to proceed, especially since one can only work hard to a certian point, while still remaining healthy. On the other hand, there are always more ways to work in a smart and efficient manner. That being said, nothing can replace hard work. Both the smart and hard compnents of working are crucial for success. All of this work would, of course, go to studying in school for classes, as well as for the Act and SAT. As important as grades are, my life as a human being is far more important, so I would also tell myself to always keep God first. He is the only true way to happiness and the only thing that can truly satisfy the human heart. Overall, I would tell these important things to my High School self.

Ruby-Anne

The most important advice I would give myself to prepare for college life would be about living. Going to school since age 5, I already know how to manage academics. But, at home, my parents took care of everything else. I’d advise me to learn to take care of myself. I’d advise myself to be disciplined with housekeeping. Although I thought I knew how to clean everything, when I actually started to clean, I realized I wasn’t getting good results. I called home a lot to ask for housekeeping advice. I would also advise myself to learn to cook the foods I like to eat, and have never cooked. Being thousands of miles away from home, I missed the foods I ate with my family. My parents gave me a credit card, and just told me, “Don’t spend too much.” I was not taught the concept of income versus expenses. I knew the cost of tuition and boarding. But, I did not consider my parents’ income. I’d advise me to understand, manage and respect my financial situation. I’d advise myself to learn to do the things my parents did for me.

What I struggled with (at such a small campus with a small student body) was the course schedules. The prerequisistes I needed often were only offered one semester per year, and in the same time slots. It was very inconvenient.

Someone who has to be in a loud, busy, and "party" atmosphere; or who has to be close to the city life might likely get depressed here.

Christina

Hey! So the thing is, I’m you a year from now. Am I going to tell you which college to go to and what to say? No, you can figure that out just fine on your own. Am I going to tell you to keep your grades up? No, you’ve known that since junior year, and honestly that has never been a worry for us. What I am going to tell you is to apply for more scholarships. You don’t have any money put aside for college, you know that. Yet, you put scholarships off until the freshman year of college. College is not cheap my dear. Also, branch out more in college. Make more connections, join more clubs, and keep in touch with people. My next bit of advice is highly important. Are you listening? Bring a lot of note cards, and I mean a lot. They are wonderful for studying and great for keeping track of what needs to be done. If you failed to take my advice, there is still time to fix these mistakes. Just be aware of what needs to be done and work hard and you’ll be just fine.

Someone who likes to think critically and is open to new experiences.

Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.