Forest Grove, OR
Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pacific University

Kali

Pacific is best known for the extremely caring and supportive faculty and staff. At every level from the president to the professors to the health services to the career services, students are treated with respect and consideration and can trust that everyone they interact with is rooting for them and is willing to go the extra mile to meet each students’ specific needs. Students rarely slip through the cracks because there is always someone keeping his or her eyes out. As a transfer student, I felt especially welcomed into the Pacific community and was impressed, especially compared to other colleges.

Last year, 26 years old, I re-immersed myself in higher education, working towards a bachelor’s degree in creative writing. During my experience so far, I have been pushed to my intellectual limit, given the opportunity to explore unfamiliar creative mediums and greatly improved my writing. As I began my degree path, most of the writing classes I took were scholarly; I had to relearn how to write a collegiate paper. I discovered that my interest in creative writing only improved my collegiate work; and that learning to structure and flesh out scholarly essays, enhanced my creative writing. In my second semester, I took at mandatory poetry writing workshop. Until that point, I had always considered myself a fiction writer. In this poetry class, I discovered a new form that not only augments my fiction writing, but that I would like to continue to explore in the future. If not for this degree program, I never would have volunteered for a poetry class. In my first year, I was successful in both the scholarly and creative writing classes. Through this, I gained confidence in my intellect, my abilities as a writer and my self as a whole.

The best thing about Pacific University is the staff of world-class professors. They are passionate, dedicated, and challenging instructors, as well as exceedingly kind and supportive human beings. They demand the best from their students, pushing students past his or her comfort zone and into excellence. I am constantly forced to grow and challenge my own beliefs. My professors have helped me become a better student and a better person.

sydney

From the first semester at Pacific, I was led on the right course. My academic advisor was knowledgable and worth visiting to discuss my future path with Pacific. I was in a course specific for me to see how my four year degree would unfold. This information was critical for me to open my eyes and prepare myself for the future. Not only that but it got me excited about what I could learn from this university. Another bonus from my attendance at this university was getting to know my fellow lacrosse team players. I was given a grand opportunity to meet new people and play under the eyes of a nationally well respected coach. Being at Pacific has been a beautiful experience in academics and extra-curriculars. I would be honored to continue my education there and gain a respected degree.

Though it is unknown to many, I tell them of the grand academic success the university can provide. They have profound graduate programs and beyond adequate undergraduate majors to get your there. I feel proud when I say I go to Pacific University.

With the intensity of Pacific's "green life" I found it frustrating when I could never find a garbage can. When it is found, there are recycle bins and garbage which is nice. But how about some more garbage cans! I hate seeing trash on the ground outside of campus and I would hate for that to be from a peer of mine.

Tia

My classmates are eager to learn and whenever you need help they are willing to take time out of their day to make sure you are up to speed.

I have made friends that I will stay in contact with for many years, I have aquired the highest degree of learning that I deem important to follow my dream of becoming a veterinarian and I have been given all the opportunities needed to have a memorable college experience as well as a happy and fulfilling life.

The best thing about my school would have to be the fact that the students and faculty,etc. are like a small community and you can feel comfortable here at your home away from home. I also love that the faculty and staff do their best to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They make sure you have every thing you need in order to be successful whether it is academically or socially, including any future endevours.

Johannah

Pacific is a very friendly place with lots of choices of activities. The staff is supportive and wants the students to do well. There is a large Hawaiian population and we have an awesome luau in April.

When I started college I didn't really know what I wanted to do but I thought I knew a lot of things about life. As I progressed through my classes, I found out what I wanted to do as a career and found out that I had a lot to learn about life. The teachers at Pacific and my classmates made a wonderful sounding board for me to share what I was learning and what I wanted to be as an adult. I learned about the enviroment, the world and my place in both. I am very happy to have had the opportunity to go to college at Pacific.

Pacific is a great size to know everyone and have the teachers know you.

Alyssa

The greatest thing that I have gotten out of my college experience so far is a desire to continue my education even beyond my college graduation. I've realized the importance of becoming a life-long learner, and in my chosen career of teaching, I think that is especially important. I also believe that is the reason that attending college has been valuable. I'm realizing that it's in my best interest to not just do my school work to do it, but to do my school work (and more) because it will help me grow into the person that I want to become.

Olivia

Very interactive, intimate learning environment.

Very interactive, intimate learning environment.

More than anything I have gained a sense of knowledge that no answer is the right answer. College has broadened my perspective to the point that I can entertain many ideas in my head without accepting them.

The instructors. They are extremely caring and helpful. They do a great job of making the material interesting.

Cayla

I would tell myself to take the first step to meeting people and to be who I am and be friends with people who respect who I am. As well as that, I would have prepared myself to manage a full schedule, to take pride in everything I do, and to learn how to live with only the things I'd need (ex: without a car, very little cash, no tv).

I wish I knew right away that the right way to make friends is to go out and meet new people by going to events rather than sitting around hoping for someone else to take that first step. After making friends, it would have been nice to know how to balance hanging out with friends and taking time to study.

I would recommend an intelligent, young person with a liberal attitude and an open mind, willing to explore new ideas and places.

Vanita

Pacific University strongly supports sustainable living, and living green is a huge theme on campus. Programs are geared toward progressing society's awareness in terms of preserving the environment. Our buildings, food and events all seek to embody the green life, and students and facilty alike support and get involved with the movement.

As a senior, I believed that I had my future completely mapped out. If I were to go back and give myself advice, I would stress the fact that I was still building on myself as a person, and that I actually had no idea what I would even want in the future. I would let myself know that college is not just a step in the process to earning a degree, but rather a time to learn about yourself and the world, both in and out of the classroom. I would tell myself not to get bogged down with stress and responsibilities, and whenever life became overwhelming, to take a step back and remember why I was actually in college; to find my niche and to progress as an individual. Because by working on myself, I simultaneously work at bettering society and the people around me. My future self would want my past self to enjoy every step of the process, and to live in the present, absorbing every single experience along the way: Life starts now.

The politically conservative may not want to attend Pacific, as it is a very liberal-minding University. Also, Pacific is very small, so if one were to wish to be a "little fish in a big pond", this is not the right school either.

Danielle

My University is small enough to get individual help, yet large enough to avoid small school drama.

I think the most important advice I could give myself would be to expect a big change in yourself and those around you. There is no doubt that college changes people. I've seen a huge change in myself and my friends in the transition. Everybody says that high school is to help you find yourself, but I don't think that's true. My first semester of college has helped me find myself more than the past four years I spent in high school. I have allowed myself to make friends that I never thought I would and step out of my comfort zone both academically and socially. There are a lot of things you can do to prepare for college, but there is nothing to prepare you for all the memories and experiences you will have. You have to allow changes in order to have the true college experience. High school is fun and you should enjoy it while it lasts, but college is like a whole different and more exciting adventure. It's more stressful and you have to do a lot more work, no doubt, but it's an experience that you will not regret.

I wish I would have been more aware of the small town atmosphere at Pacific. The professors and other students are more cooperative than I had even dreamed. Had I know this I would not have stressed out so much about going there.

Christopher

Don't take life as a one way street, there are always different avenues that you can take. When I came to college, I was dead-set on focusing my studies on the science field but now that I am here I realize I have an interest in so much more than just the sciences such as that in political science, ethics, and philosophy, and it just goes to prove that I have options. I would tell myself that just because something doesn't go the right way for me, it doesn't mean that the world must be over; just as before it goes to show that there must be other options. When I came to school I didn't make the baseball team, I felt a complete lack of purpose in my time being here at Pacific but then I found that there were intramurals, clubs, and numbers of other things that I could recommit myself to. Pacific is full of opportunities, there is no reason to limit yourself to just one.

The kind of person who likes to stay in a small, well connected community. If you like to know everyone and at the same time have most everyone know who you are then Pacific is the place for you. Pacific is great for individuals who enjoy close relations with both the teachers and the other undergraduates; a place where achieving in a class room is only a arms reach away. While the academics here are great, Pacific is home of phenomenal athletics; Pacific University is great for the athletes looking to further their careers.

If you are looking for a school with the "college expectation" portrayed on movies such as that on the Old School, Road Trip, Accepted, and Van Wilder, Pacific isn't really for you. While these movies definately over-exaggerate the fun side of college, Pacific has a primary focus on its academics and therefore doesn't dabble to much into a lot of these sort of activities. If you are not willing to work hard and strive to achieve your goals than Pacific University is not the college for you; Pacific demands effort and a mutual respect for its goals.

Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.