Forest Grove, OR
Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pacific University

Kelsea

Pacific is a very small school but perfect if you want small classes and want to know your professors on a more personal basis and visa versa. You can go to them with any questions and they are happy to help. The campus is beautiful, full of many trees and flowers. The campus is very family oriented, we are all part of one family.

I fell in love with Pacific because by going there i have a higher percent chance of getting into the graduate program of my choice. I love Pacific because we are such a small school that most people don't even know we exist but we are still a very competitive school and are ranked among ivy league schools.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would have quite a bit of advice for myself. I would tell myself to really try and apply for all the scholarships I can so I could get all the financial help available to me. Also I would tell myself that it takes time to get used to a place and that even though its hard at the beginning and you will have times when you want to go home you need to stick with it because in time you will fall in love with the school and you will make amazing friends and connections. My main advice would be not to expect a high school cirriculum, this is college and the work is harder and longer, so buckle down and get ready for it because the professors are there for you but they don't baby sit you. My last peice of advice would be to have fun, yes its college and you need to get your work done but do have fun, its a new part of your life and you can only do this once so live your life.

Morgan

Pacific University is a great place for you to grow as an individual, become involved in the campus, make new friends, as well as receive a great education where you can get to know your professors and other faculty at the university.

At the end of high school I could have never guessed how different my life would be. After one semester of college my world has completely changed. I?m having the time of my life, making new friends, and experiencing new things. As much fun as I'm having there are several things I wish I had known before making the transition to college life. One of the most important thing to do at college is keep in contact with your friends and family from home. It is really easy to lose contact with people you have known your whole life. Make an effort to call often. Something else that is important is to budget your money. You will have money at the beginning of the year and it?s important to save some of it for the rest of the year. The most important when you?re at college is to meet people. Join clubs, meet your neighbors in the dorm, and other students in you classes, this will make the transitions easier to have people to rely on. College is one of the best times of your life. Take every opportunity and enjoy every minute of it.

An indivdual who likes smaller groups and the feeling of belonging to a community. It is also great for someone who is very focused on their education. Here, others help you to succeed and do everything they can to help you understand and complete the class materials. It also is great school for people who are interested in pursuing a career in health care.

An acedemically challenging school that has a lively campus life.

An acedemically challenging school that has a lively campus life.

They are liberal and artistic .

College, in my experience, is a world in itself. No one can really tell you how the experience is going to be for you, because it is unique to each person. As a high school student everything is done for you. You are given limited options for which classes to take, and everything is planned out for you. Going from that atmosphere to the college planning process is a confussing one for most. If I could go back in time and be my own adviser, I would first inform myself on being responsible. You become responsible for knowing all of your options, making decisions, and the general processes of most things. THe thing is, there is always someone out there who is willing to help you. I would tell myself to not be affraid to find a counselor, a mentor, or an advisor. They are there to help you get where you need to be. I would tell myself to involve my parents because they are a great source of information and an important part of my life. After being accepted, make sure to get involved. Being involved helps you make friends and become comfortable in the new environment.

Natalie

Pacific University is very well known around Oregon for its optometry program. A lot of optometry students are able to complete their undergraduate degrees while gaining credit toward their optometry graduate degree.

My senior year I really felt like I wanted to get away from home and my family. I did not even consider schools in the same state that I lived in. However, after only one year of being away, I desperately wanted to come home. Transferring schools was a lot of extra work and it was difficult to transfer all the classes and units that I had worked so hard for! If I could go back and do it again, I would take more time to really examine myself. I would try to think beyond the present circumstances and feelings and take more time to think about my future. If I could do it over again, I would take the time to consider weather, distance from home, and size of the college. I would also spend more than one night visiting the college and find a way to talk to students that currently attend the school to get a feel for the real culture and atmosphere of the school.

Pacific is a very small, private school with only around 1,500 students enrolled in the undergraduate program. I love that I can always see a friendly face when I walk around campus. I also love how the campus is small enough to walk in about five minutes, but it does not feel stifling. It is also a gorgeous place to live!

Kathryn

I would tell myself that people are assholes everywhere and even you if you make the trek from Wisconsin to Oregon things might still suck.

The school is pretty small so sometimes dating can feel like incest. Also, if you have a big blow up with someone it's hard to avoid them. In the academic sense there's some delays in important offices that annoy me.

Bryan

Pacific University is a small private school comfortably placed on the outskirts of Portland where one can observe the natural wonders of northwestern Oregon. The town is surrounded by green forests, farmlands, and neighboring small towns. The ambiance of Pacific University is that of a cozy, quiet environment whose students and faculty cheerfully greet each other every morning. The classes are small enough for individual attention. And the professors will set all of their time aside to work with you. It is a student-first attitude.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that high school is much easier than college. High school is easier in terms of course material and being less responsible. Though it may sound a bit terrifying, there is nothing to worry about. Responsibility comes naturally in college. I will realize it on my own and take notice of my more mature transformation. I would tell myself that my first and most important job in college is studying; it is why I will be attending a higher level of education. Although responsibility comes naturally, getting good grades doesn?t. It is something I have to work for much, much harder than in high school. But with my continued determination and dedication to studying, I won?t have many problems. Overall, college is a great experience where I will get to know much more about myself than I used to: faith increase and personality being two different aspects in which I will learn about more myself.

Andrea

My school has a very small faculty to students ratio, so it makes it really easy to learn. My university offers many opportunities to study abroad too, which is nice because I would like to study Spanish in another country for a semester. Pacific University is a great learning environment because it is near Portland, Oregon, and it is also near the beach and many mountains for a lot of outdoor fun.

Dear Andrea, You are about to enter the fall of your senior year. Congratulations! You made it! Start applying for colleges, and try to go take a class at the community college. You'll earn credit, and then may be you will not have to take that class later in life. Focus on your grades, not on the boys or the teams you play on. You are so young, and you will meet many of the great people in your life in Clark Hall. Try to convince Dad to take you college shopping. It's importanat to check out as many colleges as possible, and asked your tour guide if you can sit in and watch a lecture class. Make sure you check small schools and larger schools too, as they have completely different social and classroom settings. If you can get a scholarship for athletics, go for it. But make sure you keep the grades to earn an academic scholarship. Keep yourself involved in the many clubs at Hamilton, and that will help you succeed too. And most of all, each day wake up and say you go girl in the mirror. It will help :) Love, Andrea Jones

The worst part about this school is there is a lack of school spirit. Thankfully, we are adding a football team this upcoming fall, so hopefully that will boost attendance and people will begin to come to the games to support them. I know we are a small school, but it would be nice to have more people support school functions.

Sara

My classmates consists of 33 females including myself and two male dental hygiene students. Personalities range in my class from laid back personality to very serious and driven. There is a large range of culture represented in my class with each student bringing a little uniqueness of their values and culture. My classmates are mature and and in general very accepting and friendly to one another. What sticks out beyond cultures and the overwhelming ratio of female to male is the encouragment and help that is given from one student to another.

I came from a small high school with a graduating class of only 23. The town was very poor and drugs and alchohol were common of parents and also of students. There were some wonderful teachers in the school, however I fear as students we were not pushed as much as we should have been, and I did not push myself. I kept a 3.5 gpa so I felt this was sufficient and never took books home or studied out side of school except on rare occations. I regret not pushing myself harder. There are so many things about the world and people I do not know or understand. I wish I would have took advantage more in high school with learning and particularily as a senior when I "slacked" the most. I spend a lot of time thinking of boys and sports which of course did not benefit me in the long run. I am able to see today the importance of an education, I am proud of myself for making it to college and avoiding the drugs that the town brought to many. Now I just need to remember and focus on what is in important, learning.

The best thing about my school is the support from faculty as well as classmates. I have come home many days from school because of struggling with classes or clinic and have always had someone to push me and say that I could do it. I do not have a lot of family support and have never struggled in school, so I did not know how to deal with having a hard time. Having the support of faculty offering advice and help and words of encouragment plus study sessions from classmates has made my education thus far an amazing experience.

Katelyn

Pacific is best known for its commitment to its students. The faculty is always willing to help students whenever necessary. The class sizes are small making it possible for real connections to be made between the staff and students. Pacific is also well known for its history and its future. Pacific is one of the oldest universities west of the Mississippi. It has a rich history including the infamous Boxer toss. By the future I mean its commitment to becoming a green campus. There are 3 green buildings on campus and a mindful student body.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school and give myself advice, knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to stay calm and confident. One of my biggest worries was making the transition to a new place miles away from my family and friends. I would tell myself not to worry and to just be myself, because the college experience is all about being yourself. I would tell myself that I would be okay and that everything would work out for the best in the end. The most important thing though is to be confident and outgoing, or at least to make an effort. Instead of spending your first week of college pent up in your room go out and have fun and make new friends. While college seems scary and stressful and like you'll never make it out alive you will. You have an amazing and supportive family that will do anything for you and you will make friends and connections at school that will also do anything to see you succeed in life. You're a smart and funny person and you should never let anyone tell you otherwise. Good luck!

The best thing about Pacific would have to be the community. Pacific is not just a university it is a family. It is a small campus and because of this it is easy to make friends both with students and staff memebers. The University offers an atmosphere where students can be themselves and build friendships that will last forever. The staff here truly cares about each and every student and will do whatever it takes to ensure that they succeed in all their future endeavours.

Sara

This school promised scholarships that no other schools offered (come to find out, it wasn't much). They also promised the latest in chemistry equipment (from the 90's maybe). And they also promised small class sizes, for the most part that has been true.

Visit your colleges before committing to one to make sure it fits with what you want. It is important to visit schools while students are attending in order to get a good feel of what the school is about. And expensive doesn't always mean good, you don't actually get what you paid for.

One who is Hawaiian, rich, and able to spend lots of money on a mediocre education.

Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.