Pacific University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pacific University

Merrily

Pacific University fits all the requirements that I had made for my perfect school. I wanted to be able to play basketball competitively, major in Psychology, be close enough to home (Portland Oregon), and be surrounded by a beautiful campus. Pacific University is a beautiful University, appropriate for anyone, with any background and career goals.

Staff and faculty are friendly and campus is clean and welcoming

Kalika

Pacific is a beautiful place with so many opportunities! There's almost any club you can think of, it's in a cute little town but major shopping is only 30 minutes away in Portland, There's a great diverse population and always things to do around town. Some of the residence halls are a bit dated but kept clean and the WIFI always works so can't complain too much! Over all i love the environment, social and nature as we are near by great hiking spots, waterfalls and other out door options!

Zena

Pacific University is a great school! The professors are great and they really care for you as a person. Professors, coaches, and peers are always encouraging each other to succeed. If you are staying on campus, the residence association (R.A.) is excellent. There are many events that are fun and give you an opportunity to meet people. Some examples include: brick painting (for your door), bored games, build-a-bear, tie-dye t-shirts, and food events. The academics are hard but the professors have office hours, and there are many great places to study: the library, study rooms, rooms filled with white boards, and the eating center. The town is small, so if you do not have a car, it is easy to go places. Lots of PokemonGo stops/gyms.

Odessa

Hello. I am currently a second year student at Pacific University. I play for the women volleyball team. I am involved in a few different clubs but I devote the majority of my time to athletics and school. My freshman year at Pacific was the best year of my life. I have met life long friends, I have partied, I have explored more cities in the span of one year than ever, and I have laughed more laughs and smiled more smiles. But I believe I got lucky. Pacific does not have much for students to do besides play sports, work out, or lounge around. There are sometimes campus events , but they are quite repetitive and usually based off of students anyway. The food is pretty close to awful, with slim choices, lack of freshness, and overall lack of flavor. The campus is beautiful, but the dorms (especially older ones like Clark and Walter) are quite dingy. Less than half of my showers worked, and to say 'work' is a far stretch from what you and I believe work to be. Overall, to be happy at Pacific, you have to try extremely hard. The class sizes are small and make for good experiences with professors, and the professors are some of the best in their field. Its just difficult to find yourself loving things at this campus especially with the high tuition rates.

Kasey

Pacific University really is an amazing school. I was very nervous for my first year of college, but the beautiful campus just felt like home. All of the students and staff were so friendly and inviting, I couldn't wait to begin class. And it's super easy to get involved in clubs and programs, which also make it easy to meet some really incredible people.

Kashmier

I love the vibe I get around campus. I'm going to be playing football there and many people treat me and the other athletes like we're the best thing on campus. We love our sports and since I've been accepted into the university I've been treated like I'm apart of the Boxer family. What more could someone ask for from their university. I love my school and I'm proud to be apart of the university. Go Boxers!

Emmanuel

Very good.

I love Pacific! It is gorgeous, the people are friendly, and the amenities are great! The library is very large and always staffed with helpful individuals. printing is easy and there is even a research admin who will help you with anything you need.

Itzel

Professors are the salt of the Pacific University. They question the administration, and they care about all of their students--at least the professors I've had in the Philosophy, French, Economics, Business, Music, and Religions sections do. Their teachings are more than what’s on their lecture notes, even though their lectures alone are of the highest expertise. So not only do they have fascinating and diverse curricula, but their guidance and interactions with students are of genuine interest, care, and respect; I watch and learn from them because of this, and I believe they make me be (or at least want to be) a better person. But as much as I agree with and enjoy the liberal opinion, something I don't like about Pacific is that the liberals always out-shout the conservative opinion--especially in these days of turmoil where the left and the right yell "facts," but an independent doesn't know who to trust. Overall, if you want a professor's attention, small class sizes, a fairly relaxed, safe, friendly and welcoming environment, are able to get over the fact that everyone must stand against a strong wave of liberalism if they differ in oppinion, want a top notch education in philosophy (I also heard bio/exercise science/environmental science/outdoor leadership/French/Spanish/German/Japanese programs were pretty good) and are able to tolerate a (too expensive) decent food plan, Pacific is great.

Christine

Professors of occupational therapy are incredible! Class sizes are small and stimulating. Fieldwork opportunities are need work, but the coordinator is usually willing to work with the student. Opportunities for interdisciplinary experiences are available.

Jamie

Pacific University has excellent teachers, and classes. The teachers are down to earth and willing to help you. Classes are very engaging and varied. When in class I can feel that I am learning things that will actually influence my academics and life. They also put a lot of effort into rape prevention and keeping the community safe. They make people feel more included and apart of a culture. However, the food can sometimes be terrible, and the hall I was in didn't have wifi for half the semester. Only one bathroom shower has hot water also. The housing is not as good as an expensive university should be, at least in Clark.

Daniel

I like it, can't go wrong really. It's a great college, but nothing particularly drawing I suppose. Small sizes and great professors are probably it's highlights. It feels like a big school when you walk around so it's good for meeting people, but it's easy to spot your friends from a crowd if you want to.

Jackie

School is okay, nothing spectacular or exciting about the school. Best part about Pacific are the professors. The professors are caring and know their material. Pacific is pretty dry. It's situated in a small town in Oregon with not really much to do around campus. The academics are good enough. The school is pricey though in my opinion.

Ashleigh

Pacific University has an amazing academic program. I love the challenge each class possesses and the professors really take their time to help students and be available in their office hours. The housing is not the greatest. Most building are run down, dirty and have bad plumbing. The food is okay. Not much variety though.

A good small college with great people and knowledgeable professors.

Silvia

Pacific University is probably one of the best schools I have attended, specifically the dental hygiene program. This program is truly invested in the success of its students. The faculty will go above and beyond to help out the students and the community. Faculty are truly there to help out their students and will help in any way they can. In addition, the clinic where we practice is probably the best statewide, and staff our always willing to help out the community and provide resources where they can find additional and affordable help. The atmosphere is very welcoming. The students, my peers, are so nice and unique and there is a lot of diversity. For the most part, the group of students and staff are very united and are also willing to help each other so that no one is left behind. And lastly, this year we just got noted for being ranked the #1 dental hygiene program nationally. That is huge! I am very proud to be part of the Pacific University community.

Jordan

Pacific University really makes it feel like you’re at home. The staff and teachers are always there to help you. As a D3 school, they make sure school comes first, but that doesn’t mean they forget your an athlete. The campus is truly beautiful, and the surrounding area is very nice

ETHAN

I like it here, it is nice with it's class sizes, and a decently beautiful campus. Not the most beautiful in Oregon, but not bad either. The professors I have had are nice, and accessible, I go in and ask for help when I need it. Additionally, the sports scene is encouraged. The teams are open to anyone with the ability, and the sports facility, Stoller Center, is decked out with top of the line gear, and a gym that is free to anyone who is a student.

HALEY

Pacific is a good school for those who need a tight-knit community feel without the actual tight-knit community. The class sizes are small, there are regular class and campus activities, and the professors genuinely care about their students. The outside is welcoming but it is actually quite hard to be noticed by the administration and to have your needs met if they vary from the average. The tuition is a bit too high for what they offer, which can be seen through mediocre food service and an administration that takes too much money for themselves rather than put money into the infrastructure and the employees who make the school worth attending. The state of the art library and gymnasium, as well as the beautiful campus throughout the year are the most beautiful parts of this institution, which is centered in the middle of a small town with little to do after 6 pm. Quiet nights can calm your pre-finals nerves, if you can get them. The sounds of frat guys outside your window and the incessant sirens of the local police may keep you awake. It's never boring though.

Kaya

Pacific University is a great university. The environment is safe, welcoming, open-minded, and fun. I loved the time I spent at Pacific. The only issue I had with the college is the music program. It's not a bad music program for a regular school, it just didn't have the rigor that I was looking for.

Kasey

To me, the things that make Pacific University a home is the people. I have met the most incredible people and found a second family for myself. I come into contact with people from all different walks of life in all different areas of study and I enjoy every minute of it. Not only the students, but also the professors. They are so involved in the work they do and caring for their students, it encourages me every day.

Samuel

It is a great school just about perfect but NEEDS to find a better way to financially support their students. Other than that this school has just about made itself perfect in every way. The sports are a wide variety, the academic are supreme, and the students are of the highest caliber.

Bryanne

Pacific University looks like a fantastic school until you begin attending. The on-campus housing is liveable but nothing special, the offered food is often inedible and there are very few choices, the tuition is incredibly high and it just doesn't feel worth it. The greek life is a joke, the clubs all seem underfunded and fairly inactive, and the campus life is dull. However, the professors I've had have been above average, they do seem to care about their students and are usually available for help or meetings, and the class sizes are small enough to feel like your professors know you. Overall, I would not recommend Pacific University to any students looking at universities, save yourself the debt and the subpar college experience.

Alannah

Pacific University provided visitors with a very thorough presentation about the college life as a whole as well as a students life after college. They talked about many different opportunities provided to the students as well as how they prepare you for the next step after college. They provided teachers and students who talked about the school and its programs, this provided a full over view of the campus from various points of view.

Tyler

I think this is a very special school and people can make the experiance whatever they want! as long as they live off campus and dont mess w the school. TI think the school and its history have a lot of secrets and that makes me not trust the organization at all. P HAllik shouldnt be as rich as she is with walter and clark having aspestus in the walls.