West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Atlantic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palm Beach Atlantic University

Alex

Friendly people, but can sometimes be judgmental due to religious affiliations

Friendly people, but can sometimes be judgmental due to religious affiliations

Make sure that you don't judge a school on it's location. Check into what kind of activities and requirements the school has. Live on campus at least for the first year. Be open to meeting new people that you may have never been in contact with in your hometown. Get involved.

Gregory

The professors and people really care about you perosnally. I also have opportunities to work in the field i like, in addition to taking classes.

For me, personally, the community of the school is very important. without a close community, your experience won't be as fulfilling.

Jeremiah

Sometimes overly cheery, and always smiling.

Sometimes overly cheery, and always smiling.

College is an important place to learn new things about the world. I started college at age 16 and at 18 I left to go enlist in the military. I changed my orders so I could come back to school and continue learning. I've been enlisted for 3 years, and this is now my 6th year of college (several years of study were lost while on duty, so I'm a little behind). I've seen alot, I've learned alot, and at this point I think it's save to say I know alot of things. Palm Beach Atlantic University, the school I attend, is a family oriented school with good values that encourages learning. There are light moments from time to time but that is for the weekend, college is for learning. If you don't like my school find somewhere else that wants to learn everything you can in a way that you'll remember. You never know when you'll get a change to come back and learn what you missed.

The ability to go to school online makes it easy for you to meet the needs of your personal and professional schedule while stille attending the classes and credit numbers you need to for your degree program.

Abigail

Find a college that is in your price range. Go to college right out of high school. Become involved around the college campus. Know your options and apply to different schools. Find schools that fit your personality and personal belief system.

People who are religous and spiritual and undersand their religion.

I'll give some biased advice as a student at Palm Beach Atlantic University. It's a fun school, mainly because it's on the beach, but it is also academically invigorating. I have learned so much and am so proud to graduate soon. As a Christian, this school has helped me grow and mature spiritually, but PBAU also admits students of other religions. We have a popular Catholic club and mass at the Chapel. But there are also a lot of other great schools. A lot of my friends are just as happy as I am, and they attend other schools. So don't freak out about finding the perfect one . . . because there is no such things as perfect. Don't bed over backwards about it; rather, just do your best to find a great school and take it from there.

My favorite aspect about Palm Beach Atlantic University is how well the faculty cares about their students. Because they care, the classroom is a positive learning environment, and students are influenced to preform better academically. In other words, the faculty motivates their students in postitve, fun ways.

PBAU has a lot of outgoing students. Everyone is friendly and fun, and a lot of students chose to go here because of their religion. Although it is a Christian-based school, PBAU does allow people of other religions or no religion to join the institution. This creates a very diverse group, but everyone still gets along very well.

Mike

By far the most important thing to consider when trying to decide what school to go to is whether or not you feel comfortable when you visit campus. The place that you are meant to be will give you an ease and comfort that is almost hard to explain. When I first came to this school, the admissions office and the other students on campus go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. This is usually a sign that if they are really nice before you are even a dtudent, they will be very comforting and helpful when you actually enroll. Of course, no college is perfect, but keeping an open mind without compromising on the important things can be extremely helpful.

The environment on campus is incredibly firendly and encouraging. There are always campus activities and the students on campus have a great attitude and outlook on life.

Make relationships with your professors. They help you both in academic issues, but also they can be invaluable connections and friendships that last for years. They can teach you so much, including how to manage your time and how to make sure that you get the right kind of job in your field.

Harold

The most important thing about choosing which school will be the perfect fit for anyone is deciding beforehand what you would like to get out of college. For those who simply want to receive a college degree, it would be easy to find a school where the curriculum is not going to be challenging and the classes will be easy. For those who would like to see themselves become very successful, which should be each individual, choosing the right college has to do with the history of the school, the foundations on which the school has been established, and the quality of the professors and studies at the school. It will become very important that you do the proper amount of research and do not simply settle for a school that sounds good on paper or from someone else's perspective. Being comfortable with your decision begins with a great start. The right college is out there for each person, if you are willing to do your research. Do not settle for less than the best and find the right fit by finding what is most fulfilling and promises a prospering future.

The only thing that I wish I would have known before attending this school was the major that I wanted to declare. I think I would have taken more classes that had to do with what ended up being my minor, simply because I declared a Communication major before I knew what I wanted.

I think that anyone could attend this school. This is a school that has an excellent emphasis on theology and religion, but nobody would feel out of place. I think that every single person would somehow benefit from the things that are imparted upon them from this school.

Christina

Very friendly, and welcoming. Easy to connect with people.

Very friendly, and welcoming. Easy to connect with people.

Start looking for a college during your junior year of high school. Look at lots of schools. Don't rule out the small colleges and universities. They have a lot to offer. Especially in the way of small class sizes. Don't focus on only the schools with your favorite football team. Think about how far from home you are willing to live. Seriously, how far can do you really want to be from your family? Apply for scholarships early also. Many scholarships are only for high school seniors, some are even more specific, like only age 14! Go figure.

I wish I had know about this school during highschool, when I first started looking for a college.

Palm Beach Atlantic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.