West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Atlantic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palm Beach Atlantic University

Shaeyla

PBA is a school where you will ultimately be judged.

PBA is a school where you will ultimately be judged.

My classmates range from those who have no Christian background to those who are into their faith "a little too much."

The advice I would give myself is to make sure I know exactly where I want to go and to explore all my options because you don't want to go somewhere and be unhappy.

Didrick

My school is best known for its programs, such as business, pharmacy, pre-medicine, theater, music, and biblical studies.

If I could go back in time to talk to my senior self about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to be prepared with a new environment. There will be things you will be unfamiliar with and people who you are not accustomed to, and you might feel uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it within the first month. You will have to deal with roommates, some you will like and some you won’t like. However, try to build a relationship with them, and it will become easier. The classes you will be taking for your major will be difficult, but they will be easy as you progress. Find some clubs and interest groups you might be interested in. Do as much as you can while you are in college. Enjoy it, for it will be a great experience.

People who should not attend this school are those who do not take their classes seriously. It would be a waste of their time and a waste of their/ their parents' money. If all a person does is mess around or do things that are detrimental to his of her well-being, then that person should definitely not attend.

My school has a graduation requirement called Workship which is basically community service. Each student is required to log forty-five workship hours each academic year. I love this requirement because it is a great way to get involved in the local community and serve others.

Don't stress out about the transition. It really is not that bad. You are not leaving your family. They are always a phone call or Skype call away and when you get to university, you will make great friends who will be your family. They will support you and love you in the same way that your family back at home did and still does. The academics are nothing to be scared of as long as you manage your time wisely and apply yourself to your studies. Also, join clubs. Get involved. Not only is this a great way to make new friends, but you will also learn a lot.

A person who loves to learn should attend this school. This university has a wonderful academic reputation with lots of choices regarding majors. The professors here are very friendly and take an interest in their students' lives.

Deena

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a small college, beautiful college that makes you feel comfortable and at home in the midst of city life.

I wish I would have known my suitemates' names and information prior to orientation, so that we could of planned our living enviornment together. We could of probably met before the school year started and bonded.

Belen

Often have I mused about this: if ever the opportunity presented itself, the first thing I would tell myself to seek immediate guidance from a school counselor to explain the process of applying to the UCs for the fall semester and the requirements needed. In high school I was virtually unaware of the application process and had no one to guide me. All around me my classmates were talking how they had been acceptable to UC Berkeley, UC Irvine and there I was perplexed. I would also tell myself to save a substantial amount of my earnings and only have enough available cash for things like gas and school materials. Those savings would have been beneficial for the study abroad trip to Cambridge University this summer. But most importantly, I would tell myself to sit down with my parents and discuss with them the importance of going to university and asking them for their moral support and encouragment which is what I have needed even now.

Alyssa

The transition from high school to college is extremely intimidating and overwhelming. However, this transition is also very exciting! If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are some things I would advise myself about! First and foremost, I would remind myself how blessed I am to have family and friends who love me and support me. I would tell myself to show appreciation to all of these people and enjoy every single moment with them. Transitioning to college requires moving to a new place with new people. I would tell myself to remember all of my loved ones while working on forming new relationships. The second thing I would tell myself is to take everything one step at a time. The transition can become overwhelming and confusing. It is so important to not let yourself get overwhelmed. I would tell myself to take baby steps, set goals, and do everything in my power to accomplish those goals. In conclusion, there are some wonderful terms of advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior about to transition to college.

The worst thing about my school is how far it is from my home. The school is absolutely beautiful and provides so many wonderful opportunities. The professors and staff are all super friendly and helpful. The sense of community is truly inspiring and the stress of community service is wonderful. Therefore, I truly have just one complaint about my school. It is hundreds of miles from my home. Palm Beach Atlantic University is a wonderful university that stresses the importance of community and service to others.

The only kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who is uncomfortable with his or her faith. Palm Beach Atlantic University is based on core Christian values and the teaching styles reflect these values. The discussions and expectations in classes can often be challenging to one's faith. Therefore, one must be comfortable talking about faith. It takes a strong individual to be open and honest about spirituality and religion, but here at Palm Beach Atlantic University, this boldness is often expected of all students.

Brandon

My classmates are all goal-driven, task-oriented, and reaching for the same prize as myself.

High school is a time of angst, stress, and desperation. Throughout my high school education I put so much pressure on myself to succeed and I aspired to develop my scholastic skills exceeding those of my peers. Now that I am a college student, the only advice I would give myself is not to change a single thing. Within the hard times it may have seemed impossible, but this only strengthened me intellectually. I do not believe in living with regrets and I strongly believe in the concept of gaining wisdom from past experience. Everything I have done in my past, including my senior year of high school, has only aggrandized my perspective on life. In retrospect, I believe that everything I have accomplished aptitudinally molded me into the person I am today and that without my past, I couldn't glorify my present prosperity.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it is very strict. Between visitation hours in which the school dictates when members of the opposite sex can be in other dorms and curfew for freshman students, there is an overwhelming sense of control. College should be a time of self-discovery, freedom, and independence and I believe that my school may incarcerate its students in its rules.

First, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Procrastinating will just lead to a lot more effort later. Second, Don't become a part-time student. Ever! The Federal Grant just doesn't cover everything and you will end up owing the school money we just don't have. If you are late at registering, it's better to wait for the next semester and becoming full-time. Third, for Senior onward you should be completing every free scholarship and grant that you can find. Don't think that it isn't necessary yet, because you aren't in college. As soon as you hit Senior, even the summer before you become senior you should start completing applications like there is no tomorrow. Fourth, and most importantly, do your work. I didn't and had to do another year, and I still procrastinated and had to get a GED wasting 2 years, that I could have been in college for already. Stop procrastinating, I know we are good at it, but it isn't good for us. We have a lot of work in the future and we should start working on our procrastination right away.

Cole

After one year of college, there are a few things that I wish I knew during my senior year that I know now. If I could go back in time to my senior year and give myself advice, I would tell myself the obvious things like always putting school ahead of sports and sleep, and I'd tell myself to put more effort into saving money and not spending so much on food or other temporary things. But more importantly, I'd tell myself to be prepared to grow up and take on more personal responsibilities. College life can throw a lot of new, unexpected responsibilities into your life, and it is very difficult at times to remember what you came to college to accomplish. Mistakes are easily made but sometimes not so easily fixed. I would tell myself to have a great time, meet new people, explore new interests, but,, I would remind myself that I am now an adult and have to make smart, adult decisions. These tips, had I understood them better during my senior year of high school, would have pointed me in the right direction of success.

michael

If I could go back in time I would remind myself to enjoy the moment because it only gets harder in college. Enjoy your friends because once you graduate you really won't see them as much. That whole idea of "yeah we'll keep in touch!" can be a difficult to make a reality. There are going to be a lot of barriers to you getting an education. When I mean a lot I mean a ton! There will be financial barriers, plenty of test and assignments, time conflicts, and sometimes your own personal drive can run low. YOU HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE AND KEEP GOING! I know that you will need to spend plenty of time on your studies but trust me and spend a great deal of time on the art of staying positive! Even the smartest people can be brought down because of their own negativity but an average joe with determination and a positive attitude can be a someone who can change their life and even the world for the better.

Palm Beach Atlantic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.