West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Atlantic University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palm Beach Atlantic University

Anthony

College has taught me some of the most valueable life lessons. I finally got the chance to be on my own. I had no fear surprisingly and began to take my role as an independent adult. I now have no fear of being on my own along with the knowledge I now have plus the beginning of my collegiately volleyball career.

Erica

I love attending college! It's gives me hope that someday I will have my dream career and be able to help children in other countries speak English! It's extremely difficult to find the financial means to attend college , however, I'm positive that it will be worth it when I am the first of my family to graduate college!

The rules that exist about female and male interaction on campus are by the worst things about my current college. I understand and appreciate that it is a Christian College, however, I really dislike feeling as if I am still living under such strict rules.

PBAU is right beside the beach and the weather is absolutely beautiful!

Alex

Parking is a problem. I would change that but wouldn't know how. PBA is small but I don't think many complain about that. It's nice to see familiar faces anywhere from the gym to the beach.

Like stated earlier, the campus is small. Most of the students are Christian and it would make sense since we teach Christian Principles. Students wear flipflops and shorts. Lately, it's been cold (70 degrees). So many of the students have been wearing jeans and sweat shirts. PBA students are normally engaged during their last semester.

Honestly, I like PBA a whole lot. I would recommend it. I have met some pretty solid guys here and that's the truth.

*most of them *there are certainly less men *it seems like it

PBA's professors are great. You're a face and name when at PBA. My favorite classes are the ones for my majors. PBA prepares the students mentally and spiritually. When I graduate I won't just be an English major-I'll be a Christian English Major fulfilling God's calling in my life.

During the day: GO TO BEACH During the evening: GO TO CITYPLACE City Place is an outdoor mall with a movie theatre, ice cream shops, restaurants, shops, puppy store, and many other things.

*Students are Christian *Large population of female students *Students are Conservative

Ruth

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a friendly, chrisitian environment with christian teachers who invest in their students' lives and is located in a beautiful city.

Dear Ruth as a senior, First, you should take time to invest in your teachers as much as they have invested in you. When you look back on all they have done for you, you will realize that they did more than the ?job? required. Second, use your time wisely. I know that you think you are using your time to the your best ability, but just because you are taking hard classes, being captain of the soccer team, working at Publix part-time, and attending church weekly, does not mean that you are enjoying life. For instance, classes are there for you to gain knowledge, not just to get the A+ that you desire. Also, this soccer season will be your last, so enjoy every second of it (even the horrible running drills) you will miss it terribly next year. Lastly and the most important piece of advice, build up your friendships! You have great friends that love every inch of you. Do not take them for granted, set aside time for them daily. I tell you this because next year you will be moving to West Palm Beach! That?s right; you got into your dream college!

Candy

My school is best known for the wonderful students who achieve their goals and for the advisors and staff that interact with the students. Mytrys to make school the college experience a good one to all the students who attend.

My school gives students the opportunity to incorporate God into their daily like. It allows them to feel comfortable in a Christian environment. The activities planned are focused on helping students make friends and socialize in a new setting. They plan activities that help students stay in touch with their spirituality and they try to incorporate the idea that "Through Christ all things are possible.

If I could talk to myself back in high school I would've told my self to study harder. I would've also told myself that college was not going to be as easy as I wanted it to be. It's easy to be a high school student and that's not entirely a good thing. I would probaby advice myself to find a high school that's a bit more challenging than the one I attended. I would studied harder for the SATs and the ACTs. I would take college courses that could help me succeed in scoring high on those standardized tests. I would have told myself to try harder and not to settle for anything but the best. I would've also told myself to worrk on my attitude problem and to learn how to be less hot headed and not to take things so seriously. I would probably tell myself to be more socialble because in college good social skills can also get you far. I wish I could back in time and tell myself to build relationships with my teachers, in college that can also help me out.

Tiara

Knowing what I know now about college and the transition, if I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there is not much advice that I would give myself. I have always been a free spirited person and I like to be fearless and challenged, so going to college for me was already a challenge. The only advice I would have, would be to have a good financial plan. By me not having a real financial plan or knowing how to budget, I had to sacrifice the college of my dreams. Or so I thought it was, until I attended a better school. There is no possible way to give accurate advice for college because it all depends on the person and how well he or she adjust to change. College is all about experience and transitioning, and you cant prepare too much for that.

Upon my arrival to begin my first semester at PBA, I had never visited the school before. Sometimes I wish I would have known to do a campus tour as well as a city tour so that I would be able to adjust a little better to West Palm Beach. Although this is a really attractive city, I think I would have been better prepared to enjoy it if I would have come to visit first.

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a private Christian school. With that being said, there is a certain standard for the student that should attend the or looking to attend the school. Most of the students that attend PBA are established Christians. While others are still searching in hope to learn more about themselves and the Christian faith. The kind of person that should attend PBA should be someone, but not limited to a person who wants to learn and grow spiritually, mentally, and emotionally whether they are a Christian or not. While at the me time obtaining a good education.

Thuy

My school is best known for the involvement of volunteering hours among the faculty members and students!

My school is unique because it's a christian school that puts the LORD at the focus of every step of our college journey. Some things that makes the school stand out more is the small classes, the faculty members, the avalability to reach out to anything that is needed ranging from tutoring to spending one on one to get what a student needs. Last but not least this school is very involved in the community with volunteering and in any disaster that comes along the way of our journey. My school reaches out to help!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself to make the best of my academics. Grasp the materials the first time around will build a good learning foundation. This will help guide you when you have to self-teach the course materials in college. Invest the time to join clubs and get involved in social activities. These opportunities will expand your social skills and help you become a well rounded team player. Also do not be afraid to take risks and put yourself out there, chances are you have more to gain than to lose. This lesson will open up opportunities in your journey of life.

shawna

Hi shawna, i am you in the future in January 2010, getting started with collage with you is going to be a rough start, because of you having those babies, also it is going to be hard for you to finish high school, but you do it. One thing that i want to tell you is for you to just not have sex, and at that just try not to have any relationships they can really make you fall behind. Also just to tell you that first and for most keep your school at the top of any of your list, that you may make. In the long run you will thank me that i gave you this advice, having kids really slow you down and when you think that you can not have twins you do just keep school your top prority.

Sasha

My classmates are very friendly and interactive.

My classmates are very friendly and interactive.

The advice that I would give to myself is to take college seriously. I would tell myself to do all the homework when it is given, and not wait until when it is due to cram. I would also advise myself to participate in all the school's activities, go on all workship (community service) opportunities, and do everything that I can to do my best in school. I would tell myself that college wasn't like high school and that I shouldn't change my major many times. I would also advise that I shouldn't show up late to any classes, and that I shouldn't miss any classes as well if I could help it and be there. I would also advise myself to do the absolute best I could in school.

If someone doesn't like a Christian environment and having to attend service, PBA isn't for them. Also, if a person doesn't like small classroom settings, and friendly teachers and classmates should't come to PBA. Also, if a person doesn't like a small school where everyone knows everyone, PBA isn't for them. PBA is structured to help students draw closer to the Lord, receive individual help, and pay very close attention to all their students. Students who come to PBA need to be willing to work hard and give back to the community.

Palm Beach Atlantic University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.