Palm Beach Atlantic University

« See more reviews of Palm Beach Atlantic University

The point of going to college is to receive the best education possible in order to pursue the career of choice; however, what most students fail to realize is that college is not just an academic institution of preference, but rather, a complete lifestyle. I have personally grown in so many different ways since I started attending Palm Beach Atlantic University two years ago. College has become so much more than an education. During the last two years I have discovered myself as a person, been actively involved in the community, held many diverse leadership positions on campus and I have also learned how to be a more rounded individual. Palm Beach Atlantic University has enabled me to develop into the well rounded person I am today. During my last two years at pba I have given back to the community through workship opportunities, and I have also held leadership positions such as orientation leader for freshman, and Resident assistant for my hall. In conclusion I have learned how to better cope with change, conflict, and stress. College has opened doors and taught me how to succeed, how to be a leader, and how to thrive as an educated individual.

College life at Keiser University mostly is revolved around academics. Here the sutdents take one class per month and even finish with a degree faster than a normal student at a local university. I would reccommend looking, huntung and scouring, or saving for grants or scholarships to be able to afford the campus. There is not much time for a social life. Most students work full time and concentrate on their academics in their spare time. I would recommend before one goes to college, to know what they would like to do and have an idea of what profession they would like to pursue as an older adult. Attending here will require one to come out of their turtle, anti social shells and focus on being a bit more social and friendly on campus. College requires studens to cooperate and complete projects in groups where the entire group participates in all aspects of the project and if one does not particip[ate then it reflects in their grade. It is necessary to focus on ones studies, it is essential here. The professors will bend over backwards to try to help spmeone understand what they are teaching in class.

After the intitial online research, you need to "check it out". Walk around on the campus, see how it feels; can you see yourself walking here for the next several years? Check out the students; talk to them, join them for lunch and possibly monitor a class. Check out the administration offices and talk with the staff. See how you might fit with the cirriculum, options for your major, and the job-opportunities when you graduate. What size school suits your personality? Pray about it and you'll know. Something will click and you'll know where you belong. There are so many schools that have good programs for your area of study, your interests and your geographical preference. Be sure to do your college-shopping, and then check it out. You'll know. Attend an Orientation or introductory session. You'll meet people who you'll rely on the first several weeks of school, and may become your best friends for life. Colleges, universitys and your parents want you to succeed, so take advatage of the opportunities they offer. It's an exciting opportunity and experience. Check it out, then jump in with both feet!

The transition from high school to college is extremely intimidating and overwhelming. However, this transition is also very exciting! If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are some things I would advise myself about! First and foremost, I would remind myself how blessed I am to have family and friends who love me and support me. I would tell myself to show appreciation to all of these people and enjoy every single moment with them. Transitioning to college requires moving to a new place with new people. I would tell myself to remember all of my loved ones while working on forming new relationships. The second thing I would tell myself is to take everything one step at a time. The transition can become overwhelming and confusing. It is so important to not let yourself get overwhelmed. I would tell myself to take baby steps, set goals, and do everything in my power to accomplish those goals. In conclusion, there are some wonderful terms of advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior about to transition to college.

College is what you make it. Of course, everyone has preferences as to where they would like to go and where they wouldn't want to be. If you find a school that you're excited to attend, bring that attitude with you when you head to college! There is no other feeling like the excitement that goes along with going to college. Once you arrive at the school, be yourself and get involved. Whether it's small activities or something big such as playing a sport, put yourself in places that will cause you to meet new people. The community feeling of a university is created because of the fact that people know each other and are involved with their school. The experience of college can be extremely rewarding once you choose to make yourself happy and excited about being at school.Friendships that you make in college will be the ones that you cherish for years. My personal experience in college has been amazing because of the friends that I've made. Those are the friends that will know you most intimately and get you through. If you want to make the most of college,make your mark.

After spending three years as a Business major, I confidently made the decision to transition into the study of Pharmacy. The transition into the Pharmacy program has been one of the most difficult challenges I have faced in my life thus far. Coming from a background of business, it was quite a shock turning my focus to the study habits of a pre-health major. Enduring such a demanding course load forced me to modify and enhance my old study habits in order to succeed. Along the way I have been up against some of the greatest challenges that have lead to both success and failure. The application process into the upcoming Pharmacy Graduate program has been yet another demanding encounter. Through out my college experience I have encountered much stress and pressure to compete against others with the same common interest. It has been a bumpy road thus far, but I am deeply committed to pursuing the dream of becoming a Pharmacist. My devotion has allowed a positive attitude to stay in the game, while I strive for the best of what is to come next in the Pharmacy program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have given myself some advice on family, friends, and focus. Since being away at college, I have had only an iota of time to spend with my family. My visits tend to be limited to the four major breaks in the school year--Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and summertime-- wheras in high school, I had a practically unlimited amount of opportunities to spend with my family. If I could time travel back to that time, I would have encouraged myself to invest more in those lasting relationships I have in my family and less with those short-lived high school friendships. Although some of my friends from home are some of my best friends, most of my friendships died off, even some of my closest ones. Furthermore, in retrospect, my focus was not in the right place when I left high school. I was too enveloped by the idea that I had to find "the one" as soon as possible instead of being completely devoted to my studies, and as a result, I allowed my heart to be broken too many times.

The most important thing about choosing which school will be the perfect fit for anyone is deciding beforehand what you would like to get out of college. For those who simply want to receive a college degree, it would be easy to find a school where the curriculum is not going to be challenging and the classes will be easy. For those who would like to see themselves become very successful, which should be each individual, choosing the right college has to do with the history of the school, the foundations on which the school has been established, and the quality of the professors and studies at the school. It will become very important that you do the proper amount of research and do not simply settle for a school that sounds good on paper or from someone else's perspective. Being comfortable with your decision begins with a great start. The right college is out there for each person, if you are willing to do your research. Do not settle for less than the best and find the right fit by finding what is most fulfilling and promises a prospering future.

Dear Ruth as a senior, First, you should take time to invest in your teachers as much as they have invested in you. When you look back on all they have done for you, you will realize that they did more than the ?job? required. Second, use your time wisely. I know that you think you are using your time to the your best ability, but just because you are taking hard classes, being captain of the soccer team, working at Publix part-time, and attending church weekly, does not mean that you are enjoying life. For instance, classes are there for you to gain knowledge, not just to get the A+ that you desire. Also, this soccer season will be your last, so enjoy every second of it (even the horrible running drills) you will miss it terribly next year. Lastly and the most important piece of advice, build up your friendships! You have great friends that love every inch of you. Do not take them for granted, set aside time for them daily. I tell you this because next year you will be moving to West Palm Beach! That?s right; you got into your dream college!

There is no exact formula for choosing a college! There may not even be a college that is perfect for you. However, I do believe in finding a place that you call home away from home. Find someplace not only where you will feel comfortable, but also a place you where you will be stretched and grow intellectually and socially. You want to make the best experience of your next four years in college, so make sure you keep your parents in the decision process, they know you best right?! Make sure you visit the school you're most interested and spend some time on campus. Go to a class, spend time cheering at a football game! This is the surest way to really "know" the campus beyond what any flyer can tell you! Most of all, don't be afraid! Every other freshman is going through the exact same thing! Get plugged into a club or organization as soon as you get to school so you can find friends and make a difference right from the start! Remember to pray and look forward to your next four years of achievement in all areas of your life!