Palm Beach Atlantic University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Palm Beach Atlantic University

Kelly

Palm Beach Atlantic University is perfect for the student that is seeking community, involvement, and fun while pursuing their education. With small class sizes and a smaller community of students, it is easy to make friends and get plugged in quickly. The student population is very diverse, and people in general just seem more friendly than at public colleges and universities. Although the university is a private Christian school, students from many different backgrounds attend, adding to the rich diversity of culture and thought. There are many clubs to get involved in, and students are encouraged to reach out and serve their community. School spirit is always at a high, and students never really fail to have fun when they're outside of the classroom. The academics are fair, but some degree paths are easier than others. It depends on your professors. The best thing about Palm Beach Atlantic University is probably that it is so near to the ocean. In the beautiful Florida weather, it's almost always great to hit the beach after a tough day of classes.

Isabelle

PBA is an amazing university, where everyone supports each other! Students, faculty, and staff are selfless and care about your success and your well being!

Katie

There are both highs and lows to my experience at PBA. I love my community of friends, the ministry department, and the atmosphere on campus. However I have had some bad experiences a professor and dread caf life. But I take the bad with the good and make the best of my college experience. Overall I love my life here and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Alexandra

The class size is small and the professors are good. It is definitely not a party school (with it's Christian views) and is quite small. The location is amazing, with some dorms even on the water. I really like my school, but I know some people who do not.

Palm Beach Atlantic is a small school with a good community of people to get plugged in with. We are a mile away from the beach and a 10 minute walk from downtown. There is always something you can do which is nice. I feel challenged in my studies and supported by my peers and faculty. This school makes sure everyone feels welcome.

Didrick

From what I have seen, it is an inviting school. I do like the interaction I have seen with students and professors. The school is a Christian university, and a lot of the professors implement Christian principles in their teaching. I do appreciate being a student at this university.

Kurt

To be honest, this school is a legalistic hellhole. Academically, it's pretty good if you choose a liberal arts major or a science major, but outside of that I wouldn't recommend to someone who wants a real education. Socially, the only reason to go here is if you have a strict moral code and are a Christian. If you want to experience college don't go here. If you want experience reality, don't go here. If you want to be sheltered, go here. If you like being told what to do, go here. The dorms are trash to be honest. The food is the concept of misery. The professors are either closet liberals, full blown Rand fans, or religious right wing nutjobs. But, they are approachable. You can't be gay here. Don't even think about alcohol. Prepare to be judged by everyone. The beach is overrated. The library is cool and the city is pretty artsy.

emily

Palm Beach Atlantic University it the WORST school I have ever attended. The dorms are old and falling apart whether that be with dust, mold, hair. It is DISGUSTING. This school has many unnecessary rules and expectations if you want a fun, normal college experience do not attend PBA. I have been trying to transfer out of this school and they physically will not send my transcript because of these unnecessary rules that ONLY apply to PBA.

Christina

Palm Beach Atlantic University is for those who are committed to their education. It is not a party school, it is a place for learning. The education is phenomenal, albeit a bit pricey. The best thing about the school is the atmosphere. Of course there are always some teachers and students you don't want to hang around, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Most of the teachers will do whatever they can to help you if you just show them that you are trying. Most of the employees and professors care about more than just your education, they care about you as a person. The class sizes are small and you get to know people quickly. Located within the city of West Palm Beach, PBA is close enough to the beach and grocery stores for you to walk. The only problem is some of the nearby places are a bit pricey if you head towards Palm Beach. The school is very expensive, but if you are looking for a place that cares about you and can offer you a quality education, this is it.

Cade

My student and financial counselor are great and very easy to talk to you, Always eager to help out.

Kelsey

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a vibrant and Christ-centered institution with plenty of opportunities to advance one's career, social skills, and spiritual life. Class sizes are typically very small (I typically have 20-25 students in my classes maximum), and professors are knowledgeable and always accessible, even to the point of going out for coffee with you or offering invitations to their homes. The social sphere is also very active at PBA, and massive groups of people can bond over both similarities and differences, making friend groups diverse and fun. As a Christian University, PBA also fosters an environment which allows students to spiritually mature and fine-tune their faith.

Melanie

An amazing school with amazing students, great and caring professors, and wonderful atmosphere. Even though PBA is a small school, it makes you feel at home in a way. PBA gives us different opportunities big universities don't usually have like being able to connect with professors easily, accessible resources, and support from fellow peers.

Beatriz

I am a current student at PBA and love it so much! All the staff are friendly and approachable, you can really tell that all your teachers not only care for you as a student and the education you get but also for you as a person and your well being. There are lots of on-campus activities and several different ways for student to be active within the school and the community. I don't think I would be this happy at any other school.

Alyssa

This school is well organized, the students are friendly, the staff is very well mannered, and the facilities are very convenient. You can reach out to someone who you are incapable of helping. The professor's office hours are very convenient for whenever you need any assistance in what you may not understand.

Abigail

Palm Beach Atlantic is a great pick for some, but it is most definitely not for everyone. The people are very kind, and the academics are incredible, but if you want to go to college to party or to be a part of big events, PBA is not for you. The major bonus of this school, other than the amazing beach town feel, is that there are a wide variety of people to get involved with, and the professors are very personable and helpful to each individual. Like every school, it has its ups and downs.

Enrico

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a fantastic college for any and all students. There is a strong sense of community and friendliness at PBA. There are always fun and engaging events happing on campus and in the surrounding city of West Palm Beach. The teachers and students are kind, caring, and always available to help with the stress of college life. We have some of the best Business, Nursing, and Ministry programs located in sunny Florida. PBA has become like my second home and I hope everyone can experience the opportunities I have gotten to experience!

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a beautiful campus with an equally wonderful environment. I am excited to be learning there and making the most of my college experience. Furthermore, the people are extremely kind and helpful, and the Christian aura makes you feel at home.

Schiedaev

It’s an amazing school to put your child into. It’s very hands on and the teachers and staff are amazing towards the students. The campus is very well grounded and extremely safe for the students. They have soo much opportunities for students to become involved, they will never become bored.

Hallie

The atmosphere of Palm Beach Atlantic is so inviting! I will be attending this fall and I can't wait to really be a part of all the hustle and bustle. The school is relatively small, which I believe is a really great thing. Professors at Palm Beach really care about their students, and want them to succeed. Palm Beach is a faith based school and, it is the perfect place for college students to grow in their faith.

Maria

I really enjoy PBA. I am getting a great education and there are many resources to make sure I pass. The dorms are either really nice or pretty bad. Johnson and Rinker are very nice, however baxter and lakeview are old and bad. It is very close to the beach which is beautiful.

jennifer

It is a very nice private Christian school. PBA is located in a very nice area right near Palm beach island and City Place. Very small school so classes will be smaller and the professors will be able to get to know you on a more personally and be able to work with you more one-on-one. There is many rules like curfew while living in the dorms but overall a very nice school.

Kyle

Palm Beach Atlantic University is an anomaly in today's Higher Education culture. As a Christian school, the student body generally doesn't drink, do drugs, or party. Rather, most students would agree that a good time consists of quality iced coffee, a bathing suit, and an hour long dip in the ocean. So the students that attend this university are a complete 180 from most college campuses. The academics are interesting. Just like every other college campus, the quality of the teaching staff depends on a professor to professor basis, but overall, the teaching staff is well qualified, friendly, and easily reachable. So overall, the academic experience of PBAU is top notch, but its academic achievements are dragged down by its practical downfalls. The food service sucks, campus wide wifi isn't always reliable, on-campus housing is a bit rundown, and extracurricular activities and clubs are hard to find. If the tuition was that of a typical state school, going to this University would be a bargain, but as it is now, going to this University without a sizable scholarship is kind of a rip off.

Naomi

The school is amazing and encourages involvement of students and faculty in different aspects. Education is a high priority, alongside extra-curricular activities, and athletics and school events. The community is the best part, though, as everyone is very friendly and welcoming wherever you are found. All schools are encouraging to one another. Being a small school, students have the chance to get to know a lot of people without being overwhelmed and the Christian life is uplifting and intentional among all peers.

------

I love PBA. The Campus culture is great, we're close to the beach, the dorms are nice, and the people are fun to be around. There are always activities going on, and it's in the middle of a city without being in the middle of too big of a city, if you know what I mean.

Kayleigh

Palm Beach Atlantic University always has a really good atmosphere on campus. I think it is a great school. Being a Christian university it is beneficial for me to be around people who I know have the same beliefs as I do. Without going into too much detail, I think PBA was the best choice I could have made for college and I continue to recommend it to my friends who are still looking at colleges.

Robert

I love PBA. I had had prayed about attending for quite some time. Thankfully, the school worked with me and I am at the end of my 1st year. I cannot wait until next term when I will be living on campus. If you want to attend a campus where the Professor's care and in Sunny South Florida, this is the place to be.

Ryanne

The school has been a great choice for me personally. I live off campus, but honestly prefer dorm life. The dorms are nice but not huge. I think that it is apart of the "college experience" though. The food is good the first week, but it gets old really quickly since it's the same every day and there are limited options. West Palm is a beautiful area and there are many things to do on and off campus. Sports culture isn't huge, but occasionally they will be promoted and increase turnout.

TEAWANNA

Palm Beach Atlantic University as a whole is amazing. There are specific parts to the whole that makes it amazing. Some of the professors dedicate their time and attendance to students to help them better understand anything that may be of question. The staff in your departments such as financial aid and admissions are always helpful and guides students in the right direction. The school is a little out dated with modern technology. The restrooms are horrible and the cafe staff is rude and nasty. Besides that you can succeed at PBA because they provide you with the right resources for your success.

Lisemarth

The school is a great university to attend , they have great resources and opportunities for everyone and everybody there is super friendly. The facilities are wonderful overall especially the on-campus housings, there are shops and restaurants within walking distances. I felt super safe while I was there. I would recommend

Rosaida

I personally think that PBA is one of the best christian school. I am glad and honored to be attending to PBA. They have built a foundation with all the students. How they engage or interact with everyone, others schools don't really try to make an effort to even speak with the students.

Tiffany

Easily one of the best aspects of this university is the people. Every college or university out there will tell you that students are more than a number - PBA actually lives up to that, students and professors alike. The students there are lively, enthusiastic, and happy to help newcomers find their way about, answer questions, or simply have a conversation. As for the professors, the ones I’ve met love what they do and really have a passion for sharing that with others and helping students grow. They’re easily accessible and really care about how students are doing outside of academics. Heck, newcomers and non-students too. One time I was trying to attend a lunch & learn meeting that had been rescheduled. Though I believe an email was sent out, one professor stayed at the meeting location in case people (in this instance my family and I) didn’t get the memo. Not only that, but he was so generous he even offered to pay for us to have lunch! Talk about going the extra mile... And while we’re on the subject of food, the PBA cafeteria food is AMAZING. I’m not sure what it is about the PBA caf but somehow everything they cook is just...better? Everything from salad to pizza to tacos to sushi and stir-fry.... it’s all fantastic. They even have some pretty decent gluten-free options too. Dessert is equally as superb.

Sally

Great school with great staff

Shier

Palm beach Atlantic seems like an amazing university ocean view, amazing food, close time with professors, and every one is so close and friendly. We have a chick-fil-a on campus little Einstein bros bagels and so much more. Everyone basically goes to church together the students and professors. The class ratio is around 12:1. They have so many events on campus and welcome week seems like so much fun a great week to meet new people and enjoy the campus it feels so safe and warm. There are many parking spaces available for students and so many clubs and organizations. The Housing are nice and beautiful and roomy. You got lounges and computers everywhere and a fun get together space basically in all dorm sections. There are over 150 different programs at palm beach Atlantic such as Accounting, Biblical Studies, Business degrees, biology and so much more !

Rebekah

Palm Beach Atlantic University is a good school, however I think that the school needs to do better at offering more options in the cafeteria; after a week of eating there, you're bound to get tired of eating pizza all the time. I have also heard of people suffering from food poisoning after eating in the cafeteria.

Victoria

I think it is a wonderful school with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. We are not only involved in and focused on our education, but we care for and support one another. Palm Beach Atlantic's students have a great energy both in class and outside of it.

Savana

My school is pretty great in many aspects, but sometimes the way things are handled or taken care of aren't always in a proper manner. They also have recently changed the way some of the housing is done to get more students to live on campus but many of us would rather not live on campus due to some of the rules that are applied while living here.

Matthew

I love PBA. It's a relatively small school but located on a beautiful campus sitting between West Palm Beach and the Florida intracoastal. Classes are on the small to medium size so the student/teacher ratio is great. Being a Christian university, it has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and you quickly feel like part of the family.