Palm Beach State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Palm Beach State College

Paige

I enjoy PBSC. As a student who decided to stay home for college it still provides me with a number of opportunities to meet new people and get involved on campus. The class sizes make it super easy to learn and develop a relationship with your professor and all of the staff is super helpful and easy to get into contact with.

ben

it's fucking trash

Colton

My opinion of Palm Beach State College is that is a great to your university if you’re looking to transfer. The academic advisers help you get on track and show you what you need to do if you’re looking to get an AA or your bachelors degree. I truly recommend if you are looking to save money and then transfer after two years.

Alexandra

Palm Beach Community College is a fantastic school. I like the campus very much. It's not hard to find your class, the school is not small, and the teachers are friendly and kind. The class size is very natural. I'm not afraid to ask a question, and I like the atmosphere of the school this school doesn't make me regret going to a university at all.

chynna

I think the Palm Beach State is a very good school the teachers are very professional and they do their job well the students and the campus is very peaceful and everyone gets along very well whenever our school has an event, everyone always comes out and enjoys each other's company .

Jessenia

I think Palm Beach State College is a wonderful campus for students who are fresh out of high school or for students that are not too sure what they want to pursue their career in. A great school to also get prerequisites out the way before transferring to a bigger college/university.

Sarahann

I enjoy the school I feel like i will and am learning a lot at his school.

ANNY

I feel excited to go to class everyday. I enjoy every moment of it. The professors are great! They help you with any questions and if you always need anything they have office hours available for you. If you also need help, there is a student learning center located in the BT building. Trust me, take advantage of it, it great everyone is so friendly.

Hongying

I like my school.

Laura

I really liked going to Palm Beach State College for my Associate's degree and it was an amazing experience overall. There were great professors who made learning interesting and fun, as well as administrators who helped me in every way they could. I also enjoyed the lower tuition price and the payment plans were really great and accommodating for me and my financial needs. I would honestly recommend Palm Beach State College for anyone looking to get an Associate's or Bachelor's degree.

Terence

Palm Beach State College is a good school overall. It has everything students need, however the facilities and faculty assistance could use work. Its easy to learn and pass classes but hard to get help for challenging subjects. Overall I give a 2 out of five.

Courses are cheap in comparison to a private school, but the quality of education delivered is very poor. Every student is a number and very few professors care enough, or have a small enough class size to bother with learning yours.

Ellisia

PBSC is a close-knit school. It doesn't matter which campus you visit, you will always feel a family-like vibe from professors, advisers, and students alike. With the small teacher-student ratios, my education feels personal. I have attended a university and there's something different about actually having a professor who knows you by name. There is always something to get involved in, again no matter which campus you choose. PBSC is community oriented which is important when you're from The Sticks (Belle Glade). We're a very close-knit community. Palm Beach State's student government develops community events to educate the public. Tuition is definitely a plus! PBSC offers a quality education without breaking the bank!

Mariam

It is a great alternative for students who can’t afford to move straight out of highschool into a University. By attending Palm Beach State College, students can save money and stay closer to home. The campuses are flexible and clean. Most professors are highly qualified for their jobs. The small size of classrooms promotes more involvement in class discussion.

Telexius

The campus is beautiful and there's a bunch of things to do. The staff I've met have always been nice. My only complaint is the lack of club activities but, that is a small nitpick. Transportation is easy but, due to the school's increasing population parking can be hard to find. All in all PBSC is a great place and easy on the wallet for anyone ready to further their education.

Ulises

My opinion of Palm Beach State College is that it is a great college with a wonderful diverse group of individuals. Many of the students at Palm Beach State come from another country or are second or third generation Americans, a college where students always strive for improvement and the faculty are always there to assist.

Leah

Your grade depends strongly on the professor you have. The school is impartial with easy-going peers and professors majority of the time. Palm Beach States College has a secure campus for the most part, there is the security tracing the campus every night and parking is in the wide open, so no scary paths, folks! The location is also great, you can walk to the mall from class then back to the campus to study, curled up in the couches in the library

Melinda

It's a very nice and productive college. It's a small campus size but it's just right for those who wants to get a taste of what college is actually like. Everything is in walking distance. The security guards are always on task and duty for safe emergencies.

Abbe-Kay

This is a great school. They help you with anything you need. Very convenient and affordable. At Palm Beach State College there are many career and educational help available and this is one of the most popular attribute. The class sizes are not over 30 students, so students can have their one on one time with their professors.

Brianna

It's a great school with a bunch of events, clubs, and games. Teachers are nice and have time to talk anytime. The counselors are very helpful and easy to reach when a student needs advice about their classes or future careers. The food is great and the cafeteria is spacious. Students at the school are all different which is great because I fit right in.

edna

Class sizes are small (15-20 people), all PBSC campuses are safe, it provides a supportive working environment and it's very organized. My admission to the college was easy and the majority of professors are professional. I had minor incidents with a few but nothing out of line.

Sabrina

Not knowing your exact major, you will be off the wall with different courses to take. I am excited to say after the mandatory speech course I am happy to change my major from Optometrist to Speech, Journalism...

Heather

So far my experience with the college has been excellent. I love the small class sizes, the resources that the college offers, the professors have been good so far, and the campus is always clean and well taken care of. The professors actually care about you and want you to succeed and will help you to do so as long as you put in effort.

jennifer

it has many great opportunity's and resources really good professors, very skilled and knowledgeable advisers, a lot of the time people look down upon community colleges but in reality its a great option and very intelligent students attend i love going to school there, i do plan to transfer by next fall to pursue nursing

marian

Palm Beach State College is a great college with one of the best nursing programs which is perfect for me because that is what I want to major in. The staff and the students are always ready to help and very friendly and accesible in person or through phone. The environment is very nice and inviting.

Ann

Ripoff!!! They enroll too many students and don't provide enough parking. They take advantage of this situation by having the school rent-a-cops come around and give tickets to people who are not parked in a designated parking space. They further the scam by having a hundred "reserved" parking spaces that absolutely no one uses. There isn't nearly enough staff to justify having so much reserved parking. If a paying student dares to park in one of those spaces, a ticket is left on our car. It is all just a scam to get more money out of students. On the first day, I was 30 minutes late to class. I arrived on campus in what should have been plenty of time to get to class. Why was I late? I literally drove around for 35 minutes before I could find a parking space. Add insult to injury, there were dozens of "reserved" spaces open with rent-a-cops standing by with their ticket books and daring us to park there. Palm Beach State College is the worst!

I was a political science major at Palm Beach State College. It is a decent Junior college to start out at if you are looking to get your Associates and move on to a University or even get your degree. The food is your standard cafeteria food, although, they do make pretty good Buffalo Chicken wraps. The class sizes are a fair size and there is always a T.A. to help. I would form a study group. T.A.'s aren't necessarily the most helpful there. SOME professors will help right when you need it, it all depends on the class and professor chosen. The math, science, and government professors are great. Some of the best professors I have ever had.

Leah

Good afternoon, whomever is reading this. As I type this, I am set to start my sophomore year here at Palm Beach State, and I am honestly shaking with anticipation. In the past year, I have come to meet so many positive influences from all angles of the academic's life that I can hardly keep track of. Even when I was going through rough times in seemingly all areas of my life, I never felt alone since there was always someone I could talk to for both encouragement and advice. Another thing to mention is the social scene that seems to encompass the entire campus; there are over twenty different clubs to join, there are all kinds of events happening throughout the year, and the Student Lounge in particular has served as a safe haven where I can take a breather away from the chaos that is life. My personal favorite part about the college is that its facilities do everything in their power to give each student the best chance at success outside the classroom as well as in. The Student Learning Center is packed to the rafters with helpful tutors, the Financial Aid office is ready to answer any question it may receive, and the library is happy to let you print your assignments for only ten cents a page; what more could you ask for? Granted, there is improvement to be had, especially when it comes to the lackluster healthy options at the campus cafe, but I know they are working on those issues with every available resource. I certainly hope anyone who reads this review has found it helpful in their quest to pick where they start their higher education. Have a nice rest of your day and be sure to see PBSC for yourself.

Ramisa

I love Palm Beach State College! The professors that I have had are amazing and so intellectual, they inspire me. The general environment is very peaceful and serene. They have so many cool activities and opportunities! Former vice president Joe Biden came to our campus as well as former president elect Hillary Clinton. It was a very fun experience and I know many more activities are to come!

Boaz

My overall opinion of palm beach college, for me in general palm beach state college is great school, the professor are always willing to help you with your homework.For example, I could say the professor at the school understand that most of the student at the school have work after class. However, that does not stop from giving us homework, but they try to make ways to help balance our school and work at the same time. that is my opinion , but others might think otherwise of the school. It is great school, if you get a chance go there to find how great of a school it is.

Rachael

Palm Beach State College is a fantastic place to start a college education. I attend the Gardens campus, which is known for having some of the best and most supportive teachers. It is rare to find a teacher that isn't willing to help you succeed in your course. There are not too many students on campus, allowing teachers to give more one-on-one interactions. For the small size of the school, it has several useful resources, including a library and Student Learning Labs for math, science, English, and foreign languages, all of which are staffed with friendly people, genuinely willing to help with anything.

I would recommend Palm Beach State College to ANYONE! Especially the Boca Raton Campus. This school has changed my life for the better. The small class sizes, fabulous advisors, and outstanding professors have allowed me to really open up and discover myself. I have developed lasting relationships and memories here. I could not recommend this school more!!!

catherine

I think it is a good college for people who doesn't want to fail too hard. I like the class sizes and most of the proffessors i have. They have a lot of help clubs and opportunities for student to evolve which really helps. Most of the buildings look nice.

Jasmine

Being able to go to college is something that many people around the world wish to do but are not able to. Luckily, I am able to expand my knowledge, meet plenty of diverse people, and get the help I need at Palm beach state. The school provides me with the classes I need to earn my degree and also learn more about the people who have similar goals as mine. Many students think that college costs thousands of dollars and immediately decide to quit. Palm beach state is affordable for me and many other students that, for various reasons, can not afford to automatically step into a four year university. The school gives opportunities to low income students who wish to keep studying and keeps me on track towards pursuing my career goal. Palm Beach State is an outstanding school that reminds all students that it is possible to accomplish anything.

Gabriela

A very calming atmosphere, it is definitely a place for people who are just transferring from high school and are in need of getting used to college. Very helpful professors and the students are all very friendly. Lots of activities around campus and sports are also accessible to athletes.

Anna

Palm Beach State College is a pretty good choice if you are just looking to get your general ed. classes out of the way before transferring to a 4 year university. I like all the classes I have taken so far: the class size usually consists of about 30 students, professors are great (for the most part) and want to help you succeed and achieve your goals. The Gardens campus is beautiful and has an amazing library!

Natalie

Palm beach stated college is a good school. It helps me save money. I see old friends from elementary and middle school. I like going there. It's quiet not too much commotion going on. At first I was scared of going there but now I'm not anymore so now it can be fun but other times it's calm. My overall opinion about this school is great just need better food.

Breanna

Palm Beach State College is a great school with excellent professors that actually care. This college have many different resources for their students and an abundant amount of opportunities. I have very happy that I chose to attend Palm Beach State College.

It is a safe college, every professor I have had was amazing from my experience. Overall the campus is always clean as well. There are also many advantages like tutoring and the open access library. I had an amazing experience so far. I loved how most students were friendly and easy to talk to as well. The overall environment felt amazing.

Rachael

There was rarly a day that went by when some random person asked for my number or tried to hit on me. The Cafe at the Lake worth campus should be avoided at all costs. The campus does not feel safe. For the classes themselves ask for recomendations from people you know and you will probably get a good professor. There is 0 school spirit, if you are in a club its more "club" spirit than school.

Jesus

Well being that Palm Beach State College has some of the cheapest rates in the state you cant really complain for what you get. The campus isn't big or great but it will definitely do, the teachers and students have been good to be so far and the classes are sufficient for the amount of people in them. So in general for the small prices paid the college is good, just don't expect what you see from other colleges as this is a comfortable small town college.

Francesco

It’s a really chill school, the parking is horrible but the school is very clean and quiet. The library is nice, just wish they had an elevator inside but overall you’ll get the help you need. They provide you with labs such as computer lab just in case you’re in need of a device or help.

Valery

Palm Beach State College is one of the colleges in Florida that seems extremely small but is very large. There are different campuses with same yet different opportunities. All of the campus have great professors. If a professor is terrible in one, you can go to the other one; only a few miles away. There are various security. There’s tutoring for free, free lunch and fun activities. The school encourage others to participate in great causes like Breast Cancer. The advisors are always available to be found. Everyone’s nice and cooperative. However, there are a few students that are very arrogant but that’s only because they are new. Most of all, there’s an office that can help with any financial needs and support. It also has a “closet” for students who are homeless and needs food and other things outside of school for free. All in all, it is a very good college.

michelle

Small and organized

Vanessa

Palm Beach State College is a great school for everyone from incoming high school seniors to adults who want to return to college. There campus is a great size for those who want a cozy home-like feeling. Many teachers are great and offer fair office hours.

Peta-Gayle

It a good school and very affordable. The main campus is very accessible, its in a perfect place. Even if you take public transport, all the buses run directly on the campus. I like the small classrooms and the campus life is fun. The food surprisingly nice and my campus has a Dunkin Donuts in the cafeteria.

jacob

Palm Beach State College is an institution that holds certain opportunities and definitely shapes the minds of a multitude of people. A student's main mission here is to go to class and achieve their academics to their highest extent, which is perfect for everybody instead of using college as a party to run away to. Never is there ever any hold ups or problems and easy to tell where and when you should be. The staff if pretty decent, nothing above the ordinary but I'm glad for it allows you to grow up instead of looking for answers from "adults", here you are the "adult". This place gave me the drive to aim way higher and to wish to step away from the comfort zone of staying close to home. Highly recommend Palm Beach State for students who need to reinvent their mindset if they do not take schooling seriously, wish to go to school for much mire cheap, or even just go to a trade program.

Rodrigo

Palm Beach State College is a great school with many resources to allow one to succeed. Students will thrive in the college environment as long as they are willing to put in the effort. The cost of tuition is also one of the benefits of Palm Beach State as well as the many different programs it has to offer.

Queen

I believe that Palm Beach State is a safe campus with many learning opportunities. The cafeteria is spacious and has many types of food you can choose from and right across from is is the game room and Advising. In short, you can grab something to eat, play pool or some video games and speak with a counselor that can help guide you to what degree you are pursuing without breaking a sweat. The teachers are there to help and support you and if you need some extra help there are free tutoring sessions and workshops at the college. If you're an adult pursuing another degree or a Dual Enrollment/Early Admission student, this is the right place for you. You'll feel at home and safe.

Katherine

The culture at Palm Beach State College is great you've got people from all over and everybody is super friendly. The teachers there care about teaching they want you to succeed and do well. There are multiple campuses so you do not have to drive too far if you want the main programs though they are at lake worth. Tuition is extremely affordable and it is upfront with all the costs. Overall, it's a great school and I'm happy to be attending there now.