San Antonio, TX
Palo Alto College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Palo Alto College

Marissa

I would tell myself to be prepared about everything. Don't get stressed out over classes or grades because everything will be fine. Be in class on time and everyday because the professors have new assignmemts and mostly all the time it would be on a test and shouldn't be missed.

I wish I had knew that the classes were far apart from each other. I also wish they would have told me that the buildings were named and didn't have the new students coming into college feel all lost.

My classmates are very nice, caring, friendly, and never rude to the professors or other classmates.

The defenition of college should be "a place where endless opportunities are granted." No matter what school you attend they will want you to succeed and they will help by offering so many opportunites. Take advantage of social activities, study groups, your teachers, staff, and everything else. It is there for you, to help you. Don't be shy; the more you put in to college you will get out of it, so shed your fears and shy personality and take advantage of everything offered to you!

Any person who has initiative and drive to pursue their dream in life should attend here. There are great opportunities and help to reach your higher educational goals.

I brag about the wide mix of people and unique individuals you get to meet. You can appreciate all different walks of life and met wonderful people.

Melissa

If I were to go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself that procrastination hurts. Dont put off your education. Get as much education as you can. Get a career that you enjoy, so that you can enjoy going to work. If you dont get a career you can end up in a place where you will not be able to advance. There is a diffrence between a job and a career. A job is just something that you do in order to pay the bills. A career is something that you go to school for get a degree and use the knowledge that that you gained in the workforce. You almost need a degree anymore to get a good paying job. So I will say again dont procrastinate getting the education that you need to succeed. You have to work hard to succeed in life.

Kristina

Palo Alto College brings education to the Southside of San Antonio and doesn't care if your young or old they want to educate everyone, because the faculty and staff at PAC gives everyone a chance.

I would tell myself that its super smart to stay at a community college for your first two years then going start off to a university right after school. Then after getting all the basics done at the community college to transfer out a university. Apply for a lot of scholarships and save up a lot of money because college isnt cheap. Study a lot to keep those grades up too!

That PAC is more affordable then the universities around town and they never give up on anyone.

Andrea

If I could go back in time I would and defitnely force myself to apply for a lot of scholarships than what I did before. I would also take that year very seriously. I thought that since I completed everything my junior year, that I could fool around and take my senior year and just play around. I was of course the tennis captain. I thought I was top dog and could do anything I wanted because I had " Senior" written on my letterman jacket. I now would tell myself that this year deals with what college I could get into depending on how my grades turned out. So the one thing I would change the most if I could turn back time is my attitude toward being a top dog and actually coming out of Marion High School being a Top Dog!!

Any kind of people that want to get a head start at completing their path of earning their degree.

That I can complete college hours while I take the dual credit program. When I go to Texas State in the fall of 2010, I will have 20 college hours to take with me.

Allyson

at palo alto professors, students, and even cafeteria and yard workers are extremely friendly and want to help you achieve to obtain your degree they also help you figure out where your classes are at as well the counselors help you figure out what you want to earn a degree in if you are confused or undecided.

Suppose I went back two years to when I was just a high schol student; I see myself appling for colleges. I would go up to myself and tell me not to freak out but that I am here to help myself choose where to go and what to expect when I get there my first semester. I would say when you get there your first day for class do not hesitate to ask for help it is expected for first time students and to not feel so overwhelm by the difference in high school and college. I would also tell myself to take each class seriously and study a lot more than you do now in high school because college does not wait for you to catch up but moves on whether your there or not to try not and miss any days of school because unlike high school college does not give out make up work. Lastly I would tell myself to choose wisely and go to the college that makes you happy even though you want to please everyone in the end it you who is there not them plus its your college experiance so have fun.

a person who is willing to learn and wants to have more than just an ordinary job later in life

Angela

If I was able to go back in time and tell myself about college, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships and grants as I could. I would tell myself to not be such a procrastinator and get things done. Make the best of my senior year and get ready for school the following year. Focus on school and don't worry about boys, they're at the bottom of your list right now. Don't worry about college being to hard just stay focused and do what you need to do. It's not as hard as people make it out to be. Remember you're the first person in your family to go to college, you're making mom and daddy proud of you. Everyone is hoping you make it and become an Elementary Teacher. So just do your best and keep your head up no matter what comes your way, alway remember God is with you no matter what you're doing, He's never left you before and He never will.

I think that the worst thing at my school would have to the parking situation. You have to get there really early to get a close parking space. If you don't you get stuck parking on the opposite side of campus. And my campus could add a bigger parking lot intended for visitors that do not have a parking permit.

I tell my friends that all go to major colleges already that I love how the classes are small and comfortable. You get to be in a more intimate surrounding than in a huge auditorium with hundreds of other students, and you get to know your professor more and get the help that you need. I also tell them how we have alot of fun activities going on almost everyday just so that we get to know eachother on a different level.

James

The classmates that are in my classes are all from different backgrounds and interests, for example in my english class there are about thirty students and their majors all range from aspects and interests . I think it's very important to socialize and be part of discussions when there are so many interesting people in class, the fact is that you pick up different takes on things. The point im trying to establish is that a person should really define themselves and find out what profession the want to have by researching options many others are taking.

The school is outside of the city and many of its students come from little towns I feel that many of the students who attend this college are drawn by the simple and calm enviroment that it offers. The college is also growing in size and in students which is becoming more and more diverse every day. The intersests that the students seem to have plastered on the campus can be appealing to some who has no idea about this part of town or what is being offered at this college.

The first thing that I would in fact tell myself before anything would be that anything is possible when you give all the potential you have in order to move foward. The thing I would also tell myself is that college will not be easy it will be difficult only if you do not have a proper plan and by forgetting the highschool sytem you have been use to, that in fact was all about barely getting through your courses with average grades and no motivation. College is an important learning experience that's exciting, when entering a college the basic fact is that you are representing yourself no longer is it a decision made by your parents,friends or teachers this is all being managed by yourself you are the one who is going to have to make important desicions and live upon what choices you make. Motivation is the key to moving forward and growing into the man you are striving to be.

Laura

My school, Palo Alto College, has an extreamly student freindly atmoshpere which includes useful student service, flexible class schedules, and down to earth experienced teachers.

If I were able to go back in time, I would make myself realize the importance of applying for scholarships early and to apply for them through out my high school years. I would certainly make myself take advantage of all the helpful teachers and advisors that were there for me. I didn't talk to them before about college life so getting a second change and going back to talk to them would have made the transition to college much easier.

Honestly, I would have a hard time pin pointing what to consider the worst thing about my school would be because I have had rather great experiences while attending Palo Alto.

Aaron

The classmates at Palo Alto are an inspiration to all.

The classmates at Palo Alto are an inspiration to all.

I would have to say, "stay true" to yourself. My opinion by this statement comes from the experiences I have encountered. Being able to do what you love and choosing a career will keep you self-motivated. Stay focused and on track with your goals and plans in life , so that your plans are implemented. Perhaps most important...stay involved in the community. Doing this will boost self-esteem and leadership. This will allow your transition as a young citizen in the community and show interest in being a productive and compassionate young individual.

As the economy is still in a recession, I feel lunch prices are high.

Palo Alto College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.