Paradise Valley Community College Top Questions

I wish I knew more about the great opportunities so I could have taken advantage of them sooner.

Of all the things that I wish I had known, the importance of my high school GPA, a whooping 3.0 weighted (now a 4.0), and the value of actually retaining information, and not simply learning for the exam, are easily the most important. Both because, as a high-school-slacker and a self made college student, I have been made to understand how a bad previous GPA can close and a good current one can open, and how frustrating it can be to re-learn material that you should have already learned.

Shea

I wish i would have known about buying textbooks on the internet for half the price!

I wish I had know before I came to my school was that the max amount of credits I could take at a semester is 19. If you are trying to get done in two years remember that some classes are worth four of five credits instead of the regular three. Talk to an advisor.

Gloria

Before coming to this school I wish I would have known what type of carreer i wanted to start. I was very unsure about what I wanted to be so I just started taking the basic classes. Even though i had seen many advisors for which classes i should be taking it was still hard to pick classes that i needed in order to complete my associates degree. Now i am completing my associates in arts and will be transferring in the next year. I wish that before coming to PVCC I was better prepared.