Parkville, MO
Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Park University

Julia

Park is a wonderful place to study.

Park is a wonderful place to study.

Marsha

A historical school in the heart of Parkville, Missouri. It has a long standing history of excellent education and an open door to hundreds of exchange students. It's voted one of the best educations for the price in the country.

Study. Study like every subject you are taking could possibly be your future profession. Especially biology. You're actually very interested in medicine and should probably consider Med School. Care about your first year in college. It sets the whole tone of your college career. Focus on the things that matter about school, but also make friends. They will be there when your life falls apart. They are also ones that complete your wedding party in the future. Dont stress over college boys. You eventually find someone that lights up your life. You may think you're not worth the love of those boys, but they aren't worthy of you. Finally, visit your mom. Like a lot. She loves you more than you will ever understand until you have your own child. She also won't be around forever. Show her the love you feel for her even when you think you know better than her. P.S. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

The best thing about my school was the teaching staff. They truly care about their students success and tried very hard to make sure all of the students in class were part of the conversation.

Makenzie

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would advise myself on how to deal with people, specifically roommates and teammates. Those are people that you have to spend a lot of time with. Most of them are from different places and different backgrounds. Everyone is raised differently and taught different morals. Sometimes it is extremely challenging to get along with people who don't have the same ideals on how to live as you. The advice I would give to myself before I started college would be not to let little things get to me. I try to be a very considerate person and always look out for others. I have come to realize that not everyone does the same thing, and it often hurts, but it is important to realize they don't do it on purpose. On the other hand, I have come to realize that you cannot let others walk on you and treat you disrespectfully. It is important to stand up for yourself, because we are all adults and should treat each other like so.

I don't think there is any kind of person who should not attend this school. Park University is a very diverse school. We have students from all over the world, with different views, cultures and backgrounds. Even though this is the case, everyone as a whole seems to get along very well. It really feels like we are a little community here and we all try to help each other out when we can. Everyone seems to be very friendly and accepting of others, even if they are different.

The most frustrating thing about our school is probably the times the cafeteria is open. On weekends and holidays, it doesn't open for brunch until 11:30. Although a lot of college students sleep into the afternoon, most athletes have to get up for practice on Saturdays, and it makes it difficult when we cannot go get food. Also on weekends, dinner hours are from 4:30 to 6. They often start putting food away at least a half hour before it closes so you have to go early. It makes it difficult to plan around your meals.

Chikyra

I attended mostly online courses, so my classmates were generally mature, working adults who very interested in their educati...

I attended mostly online courses, so my classmates were generally mature, working adults who very interested in their education.

So listen up, I know you feel like you have the whole world figured out right now, but let me assure you, you don’t. I know it has felt like it has taken forever to get through high school and that you just want to be free to be an adult. Take it from me, being adult is difficult. Don’t get so caught up that you forget to live and enjoy life, but don’t slack off on your education either. Obstacles will come your way and you will want to give up sometimes. Don’t quit. Keep going. Pursue and complete your education while you are still young. Time will fly by. Before you know it you will be struggling to find your niche while trying to work, raise a family, and go to school. There is so much to do and see, and only a short time to get it all done. If you have the chance to experience new things, try them. There is so much to be gained from venturing out of your comfort zone. Most of all be true to yourself. Never let anyone get in the way of your dreams.

Getting assistance from the financial aid office was sometimes delayed or difficult but ultimately problems were resolved to my satisfaction.

Marc

I would not have wasted time drinking as much. I would have applied myself and had the confidence to attend MIT off the bat instead of joing the military out of high school. You never get the lost potential of time back.

There are limitations in communication to an online learning environment.

Keleigh

If i could go back in time and give myself advice about college I would tell myself not to stress about the little things. Yes, college is tough and it can be scary in a new place with all new people, but there is always someone who will be willing to help you. There will always be someone somewhere you can count on and lean on in hard times. They aren't always easy to find but they're there if you look. I would tell myself that the whole world isn't against me when I am applying for schools and scholarships, they are just making sure I am worth the time. They are making sure i will put in the effort. I would tell myself that I will be happy here.

The stairs. You may think I am joking, but Park University is great. Except you have to walk up stairs to get EVERYWHERE

Our student schedule advisors aren't so great. They aren't trained in any specific majors or minors paths, so they have a hard time picking out specific classes that will be useful now and in the future for our majors.

Jesse

The staff is more than helpful and will set aside time to help you personally, sign up for classes. I have looked at other schools in the area and when I asked for a personal meeting with an academic advisor I was told to show up at 10am on a Thursday. When I showed up I found out that I was to wait in line behind another 1000 students who also wanted to see an academic advisor. Long story short, Park University cares about your personal time and does not mind helping you individually.

I would first of all sit down and have a serious talk with myself about the challenges of raising a family, working, and going to school at the same time. I would let myself know how difficult it is to do homework with a crying newborn present. I would also let myself know that going to college right after high school would make going to college an easier transitoin. I would let myself know how much money I could have saved if I had gone to college right away. Had I gone to college right away, I would not have had to take remedial English, math and retake biology. I would really try to drive home the fact that high school and getting good grades does matter. I would also warn myself about the amount of coursework that is involved with getting a degree and to be patient, the degree will come. In the end I would have to admit to myself that I love my current life and I wouldn't change any path I have taken. I would tell myself to live the way you feel is right and fate will take you to where you belong.

The maximum online classes normally contain no more than twenty-five students, which makes it easy for instructors to respond to questions quickly. I am on a satellite campus in Del Rio, TX, where class sizes do not normally exceed eight students, this makes the learning experience very in-depth and personal. Park University offers eight and sixteen week courses, so a student can decise whether or not they prefer a fast or slow paced schedule.

Karlie

I would tell myself to take school more seriously. It's a major part of life and a major part of your future. Getting into a good college relies on you making the effort to get good grades and graduate high school with a decent GPA. Public and Ivy league universities do not accept high school graduates with a low GPA. Your choice of major is also a serious decision. An art major may not have as bright a future as someone majoring in computers or business management. I know this because I once tried to make a career out of art - it's great to have as a hobby, but as far as paying the bills, you will need something better with greater return. Finally, set goals for yourself. Short-term, long-term, doesn't matter. Just have a goal and strive to do the best at it. When you achieve it, set another goal, and another, until you have finally reached a place in life where you are satisfied.

Students who are not afraid of a challenge should attend Park University. I have seen the curriculum and assignments for other online colleges and Park University is probably one of the more difficult (but stimulating) schools I have seen. Because it is so challenging, students will feel very good about themselves when an A is achieved in class. It's a lot of work and a lot of time is sacrificed, but it's definitely worth it to complete a degree though Park University. The feeling of satisfaction and achievement will be overwhelming.

I rarely experienced any frustrating situations whils attending Park University. There were times when I felt the professor wasn't responding to my questions quickly enough or that it was taking them too long to post my grades each week, but things happen in everyone's life - even the professor's. I learned to understand that not everyone carries the Type A personality like me. I am a workaholic and I like to get tasks accomplished as quickly as possible. It was more of myself that was more frustrating than the college's curriculum or it's personnel.

Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.