Parkville, MO
Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Park University

Shannon

It is tremendously important for me to graduate from college. I am a single mother, I work full time, and attend school full time. In order for me to support my son and myself and make a better life for the both of us, I feel it is extremely important to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Registered Nursing. I have learned and grown so much, because of my college career. I am not only learning the important things in the classroom, but I am also learning how to be a stronger, more independent person. I am showing my son the importance of an education and that with hard work and the strength to persevere, he can accomplish anything he puts his mind to. With each passing class, I become more secure in myself and proud of myself for my recent accomplishments. I feel that nothing can stop me now and I will not stop until I get what I am working so hard for. My education and time with my family.

The most important thing that I have learned from my college experience is how to manage both time and money. It's not easy trying to pay for college, and it's been extremely stressful every single day, but the education that I have received makes it all worth it. Being in a private school atmosphere I am able to connect one-on-one with my professors and I feel knowing each of them individually has helped me to learn better by asking questions and seeking more knowledge. The wide variety of nationalities at this university has also opened me up to so many different cultures and ways of life. I feel that I am a more well-rounded individual because of it. I have learned so much about myself as well, as I have noticed how much my family really means to me and how each day would be impossible to get through without the help of each of them.

My school was rated the #1 Private School in the country. Therefore, it's known for it's programs, professors, and mainly it's business majors.

A person that isn't open to experiencing different cultures and races everywhere you look. As well as someone that isn't fully committed to attending a high level of education. College is not about partying, and Park University is very set on that. It's a place to learn and each professor takes attendance and will drop you from a class if you miss too many classes. So, if you are not totally into school and wanting to further your education, Park is not for you.

robert

I attend Suffolk county community collage for 2 years and graduated with my associates degree. Thanks to Suffolk I realized what I wanted to do with my life and what I wanted out of this world but at the same time I gained a new understanding witch did not come from the collage itself but from the students that attended and the professors that taught there. I learned that in order to be successful does not take good grades alone that you need to get up and be active in the world because is is changing and if you don't keep up with it you will be washed away in the wave of change and I want to be one of the people riding the wave to the future. Thats what collage has taught me

Courtney

My class mates were from all walk of life. Some wore the uniform as I did some were civillians. The goals that we all shared in common were to accept Park University as a place of learning and growth. My classmates were fun to be around, and I still keep in touch with many of until this very day. Park Univerity is a great place to network, to grow as a person, and make lasting relationships. I smile just thinking about the fun we (my classmates and I) had learning together .

I have received a wealth of knowledge and experiences from my college experiences. College is not just a place to learn, but alos a place to grow and make life long friends. College is the first place that I learned that I can continue to serve my community by teach a new generation of students. President Obama's goals of getting college students to realize that they are the immediate future. I look forward to using those skills to continue to serve my community. As a veteran of the United States Air Force, I understand the impact that an education can have on a nation. I thank Park University for providing me with the opportunity to gain new skills to strenghten the training that I received in the United States Air Force. It is a pleasure to serve my community and country men and women. I currently work for the United States Veterans Administration. It is my pleasure to continue to serve veterans, civillians, and armed forces members. Our countries educational values and quest for knowledge and justice give every U.S. citizen the chance to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Park University is one that doesn't want to seek advancement in their career and in their service level to the community. I had the great pleasur eof meeting numerous people from all around the country. Also, I had the pleasure of talking with many men and women that served in our nations Armed Forces that were seeking an education for a better future for themselfves, their families, and the communities they serve.

Dan

Took only online courses, but the other students I interacted with were very helpful and encouraging.

College is much more than just an educational experience. It is also considered a life experience in my opinion. I say that because my eyes were opened when I first went off to college. It was a whole new world for someone like me that was not familiar with the city life. It was exciting, adventurous, weird, and a little on the scary side. Unfamiliar people in an unfamiliar world. That changed quickley to life long friends and unforgettable experiences that can only be found on the college campus. The educational experience was great, but there is much more to college than listening to lectures, doing homework and taking tests, although those that be experiences in themselves...staying up all night craming for an exam with 5 other friends that look as desparate as you do comes to mind. I suppose in the end the college experience is valuable for not only growth of the mind, but also the heart and soul. Our life experiences are what helps to define who we are and there is no better place to have such an experience than college.

You should not participate in online classes if you are not familiar with the computer.

Bianca

Park University is a small, diverse, supportive community who stives for providing students with a multi-faceted college experience including an academic environment that will prepare you for the real world.

Attending Park University has allowed me to experience independence, self-accountability and self-realization. Being a part of a diverse student body allowed me to find my comfort zone, address my personal dilemmas and ultimately step out completely out of my box and open myself up to people. I learned to appreciate people for their personalities, beliefs, funny habits, cultural backgrounds and most importantly thier convictions. Many of those same elements about myself changed in my college experience as well. The acadamic workload forced me to be accountable, creative and dedicated to the academic process as well as be ready for the endless oppurtunities that would be available to me if i strove for my personal best. Being a part of a school and living on campus gives you a feeling of pride and belonging to something bigger and more important than myself. I've made lifelong friends who have stuck by me good and bad and I have been very blessed to establish a network of incredible individuals in various countries who show support and continually strive for their own successes sharing them with our Park Community along the way.

Be prepared for an extremely diverse student body and remember to keep an open mind. You ill have students from all walks of life and over 100 different countries and you may be uncomfortable or you may love it. Also remember that developing study habits is imperative to be successful academically here. Some classes are harder than others of course but you must manage your time efficiently. Dont be afraid to get involved with activities on campus, they will really enhance your ability to make friends and enhance your overall academic experience. This is a dry campus so be prepared.

Adenike

My college experience has given me many opportunities to grow as a person by providing leadership opportunities. I have always enjoyed being involved, but have hesitated to take on leadership positions. Park has many clubs and organizations that I became involved in. One in particular is the Student Ambassador Program; the president gave me a tour of the campus and was always available if I needed help. She gave me advice about classes and discussed with me the traits of being a good leader. As a result, I am now the President and Vice president of many clubs. This gave me confidence to pursue other positions of leadership and I in return have encouraged others to do the same. The lessons I have learned have translated to other aspects in school. I am no longer afraid of raising my hand, asking for clarification or being team leader. This self-assurance carried into my career because I am poised and focused at Career fairs and with campus recruiters. I believe my college experience has changed my life by instilling confidence and allowing me the opportunity to put the skills I have learned to use.

One of the best traits of my school is the international diversity. I remember walking out of the Science building after my first day at the semester and hearing at least three different conversations and realizing the students were conversing in Portuguese, Germany and Swahili. I was amazed that my new school had a large international community on campus and excited that I would have the opportunity to interact and get to now such a diverse group of students.

I tell my friends about the small class sizes and one on one attention student receive from professors. I also mention the numerous programs design to help student succeed such as the Academic Support Center. Students are able to receive tutoring from professional tutor free of charge. The Academic Support Center also provides services for students with learning disabilities. The center has in place the Step-Up Program which provides individual mentorship and regular attendance increase the chance of successfully graduating from the program. I inform my friends Park University is designed to help students succeed in their future careers

Casi

I usually have the same classmates in all of my classes because of my major, which I love. All of my classes have my friends in them, and the classes are always comfortable in discussions.

I am sad to say that I came from a sheltered, semi-racist town. I myself did not partake in any racist behavior or thoughts, but I certainly was not educated about other cultures in my small town of Caucasians. After high school, I came to Park University where I quickly became a minority. It was a complete culture shock to see that many different ethnicities on one campus! I was very uncomfortable at first, however, I quickly made friends with many different people and soon learned a lot about other cultures! Being at Park has seriously opened my eyes to other cultures and has made me a lot more open to other things. Because of Park, I am now wanting to teach Elementary in an inner-city school, whereas before I do not believe I would have ever chosen that route. This school has given me a second chance at opening myself up to the world, and has given me a new path. It has also gotten me excited to learn. I absolutely hated school before coming to college, but now I have great attendance, and thoroughly enjoy learning because I know someday, my knowledge will better another child.

Tiffany

College experiences are necessary, whether they are positive or negative, they help students to grow and mature to further on become the person they were truely meant to be. The College Experience, sadly, isn't an opportunity that is given to every individual, some of these reasons might be financial or it could be simply that students don't know where to look to find finacial assistance. What I've gotten from my college experience, at Park University, is that it shouldnt matter where you get your education as long as you get it. When the recessions really started to impact families and schools, it became also impossible to find banks that would give out reasonable interest rate loans. Because of such events, students that were able to return back to those $24,000 a year schools should be very greatful , because many students would've wished to be in their position. This school has become valuable to me, because I have learned the true importance of attending a University which is knowing the importance of working hard to acheive your goals and then later goofing off if you have the time.

My last University that I attended was Tuskegee University, which is a University where students will experience the full college life. But the school that I attend now, Park University, doesn't have everything that a typical University offers. One thing that I wish I had known before I came to this school is how long the classes were going to be. At my last school, the classes were only an hour to an hour and a half, but at this school one class can start at 4:50pm to 10pm.

The school campus that I attend thats apart of Park University is located on Luke Air Force Base in Arizona. So people that should and that will be attending this school are active and retired military and their dependents, which are their spouses and children.

Cassie

I think the class sizes at Park University is the best thing about the school. The class sizes are small enough that the teachers know your names and much about you. Because they know you it is easy to talk to them and for them to help you with assignments. I liked many of the faculty at Park University. It is a very welcoming place for many different kinds of students.

College has helped make me the person I am today. I had good experiences and bad experiences and I wouldn't take any of them back because it has shaped me in a way that not many things could. I have met some of the most wonderful people who continue to be my friends to this day. College was valuable because it helps you learn what you need for the future. You meet people that will help you in the future as well. College is something I think every person should experience in their lifetime.

If you want to have the ultimate college experience don't go to Park. There is no football team which many people enjoy having. The camous is very small and you have to live on campus until you're twenty-one unless you live with your parents.

Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.