Parkville, MO
Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Park University

Mindy

A school that has helped me reach my ultimate goals in life.

A school that has helped me reach my ultimate goals in life.

If I was able to give my senior-in-highschool self advice, I would tell her that college is so important. Take every AP class you can in high school to help you in college. Do everything you can to learn all that you can in high school. This knowledge is great help for you in college. Don't rush on deciding your major. Take the first 2 years to work on you General education classes. By the time you are a junior, you will know what your path should be. You will not waste precious time trying to get into a school program that you thought was worth it. Take your time. Time flies after high school.

The kind of student that should not attend Park University is a student that does not want to excel. A student that does not want to go places in life. Park University has helped me get closer to my final education goal of a Master's in Nursing. I am on my way to getting my BS now and am close to the end. I am very happy with my school. So if you are not dedicated, please do not attend this school.

Linda

It does not make me feel out of place even though I am old enough to be the parent of the majority of the students.

The first thing I would say is that this will not be an easy walk through the park. You will need to make time to study and understand the classes. This is not free time. Do not listen to the people that say you need to concentrate on finding a man and getting married. Marriage is not for everyone. Education is. You do not need to be married to make it in the coming world, but you do need to have a good education and the credentials that say you earned that education through hardwork and determination. There are so many opportunities that have not yet been imagined. Work hard to get your degree it will be worth it, I promise.

The best thing about Park University is that it has a great accelerated program for adults who are working full -time.

Donna

What is unique about Park University is that it is allowing me to complete my Social Psychology degree completely online.

I graduated from high school 25 years ago in 1985. The advice that I would give myself would be to set and write down short and long term goals for myself. The short-term goals would allow me to stay focused and on track and the long-term goals would provide the much-needed motivation I would need during the tough times. A few of my short-term goals would be to 1)attend orientation 2)meet with a student counselors to map out my academic career 3) meet and study with at least one person from each class and 4)join at least one organization. The long-term goals would include 1) earning a degree 2) building a career 3) economic stability and 4) personal growth and improvement. Making the transition into college life requires the ability to self-monitor. Therefore, time-management skills as well as good study habits are essential to academic success. I would advise myself to invest in and use an agenda to keep track of assignments and other important meetings and activities. And, last but not least, I would advise myself to not procrastinate.

Before I came to Park University I wish I had known how hard online classes are. Every week we are assigned a Discusission question that requires a 300 word response with references. I feel that this method reinforces the materaial being taught by ensuring that students read the required text.

I would tell myself not to wait. I am 35 years old now and I wish I would have stuck with college when I got out of high school!!

Great professors! They go out of their way to make sure you understand everything. The school was very easy to deal with while enrolling. I can take classes online or on campus.

My school is best known for their cooperation with military personnel. By creating distant learning facilities, they have increased their student body count drastically.

As a high school senior, I slipped into a state of shock. I went through a phase where I figured I had all the time in the world to accomplish everything I needed done in order to move on into the real world. It still shocks me to know how wrong I was. I dreamed about applying to some major universities such as the University of North Carolina and East Carolina University. I was so naive to think that they would allow applications to roll in whenever a person was ready to send them in. I procrastinated everything. College applications, financial aid, and scholarships all took a backseat. Now, if I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would probably kick myself first. I would tell myself to get my head out of the clouds and figure out the proper way to ready myself for college. A key note that I would plaster all over my brain is to take the counselors seriously and ask questions. Most importantly, I would tell myself to apply myself so that I will go farther in life than I am now. Start maturing now and not later.

This school is great for all types of people. The flexibility this school allows is handy when you are a busy person. This school provides out of state facilities located on various military bases for those who wish to attend this university but do not live in Missouri. This allows for many military personnel to attain their degree while serving our country. For those using a distant facility, it is great for all ages due to the flexibility. However, if I had to guess, the main facility is more ideal to young adults wishing to experience a typical college experience.

alycia

Park University is very diverse and full of international students in a great learning environment.

College is a big step in life to take. I am glad that I made the decision to come further my education here at Park University. If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school I would tell myself that college is fun and will make me happier than high school ever did. I would reassure myself that everything will be alright when I leave home even though things seem to be difficult. It may seem scary leaving home while my epilepsy isn't under control but I will tell myself that there are people at school that will care for me when I am in need. I would make sure to save up money because books are expensive and living the college life is something I should not miss out on.

The best thing about my school is the effort that the staff gives to try and help the student succeed in every way they can.

Dametrice

If I could go back and speak to myself as a senior, I would say, "Growing up without the proper resources doesn't mean you have to continue life the same way in the future." I'd point out how valuable education is and how it can be obtained, even for the unfortunate children who can't afford it. I'd speak about going to college as soon as high school ended, and not waiting until two years later. School is becoming more demanding, and to reach any stability in the future, it will require higher education. There are grants and other forms of funding to aid you on the way to success of higher education. Aim high for your goals and don't stop until you have achieved them, regardless of what obstacles you see in the present. In closing, regardless of the tough times today, you can still go further in life if you tackle your educational chances now, and build a stable environment and career for you and your family in the future. Today, age 23, I now have a three year old daughter, and will have a bachelor's degree in a total of three years.

Jacqueline

The school is well know as being a Military Friendly University with campus virtually anywhere for adults returning to school to obtained their college degree.It originally started as a work study school and has evolved into a great academic institution for individuals in the Kansas City area or online.

I would encourage myself to study more and manage my time more efficiently when it came to my studies in high school. I would not be ashamed of my intelligence because my environment said I couldn?t achieve no matter how smart I was. I would not be afraid to achieve Valedictorian of my high school, because I would get laughed at. Lastly I would apply to any prestigious academic institutions, because I know I am capable of succeeding because I have made it to my last year of high school. I know that preparing for college will give me a great life and take me places that I could only imagine.

II would have to say that I actually Brag about the Professors that the school recruits to teach the online curriculum. These Professors backgrounds are from institutions such as Dartmouth and Harvard. I enjoy getting a quality education at a fraction of the cost. Who doesn?t want to be taught by the best when obtain their college education.

Bruce

I think that I would tell myself that teaching is the way that I should go. Continue to strive for what you want to do and let nothing stand in your way.

There is nothing wrong with the school. It provides what is needed for all types of students to help them advance with what they would like to do.

A student that is wanting to move on to with their education and strive to better their learning. One that wants o work hard for teir future goals.

Madeline

My classmates are eager to learn, energetic, and fun to be around.

My classmates are eager to learn, energetic, and fun to be around.

Entering college is a major, life altering decision. When I entered college at 18, I thought it was utterly important to be as independent as possible. I moved out of my parents' house into an apartment. I purchased a brand new vehicle. I bought the fanciest technology to help me through college. I made a lot of rash, irresponsible decisions. As you can gather, I think I'd have a lot of things to say about the paths to take to my high school senior self. Here's the "Reader's Digest" version: Stay at home. Enter a community college. Save your money. Remember... college is a marathon, not a sprint. Education is one of the only things NO ONE can take away from you. Cherish it. To even have the opportunity to be college educated is a blessing. You don't know everything, let your professors humble you. Be a good friend and be an even better listener. Don't wait until the last minute to write a big paper because your professor can tell. Be honest... even when it's hard. Be true to your word. Be true to your work. And, above all, be true to yourself.

I wish there were a wider selection of foreign language courses. Having studied Spanish for four years in high school and two years at the collegiate level, I am disappointed at their range of course selection for Spanish. In today's society, it's extremely important (and highly beneficial) to study different languages, especially Spanish.

Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.