Park University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Park University

Destinee

I'm a sophomore at Park University and I'd recommend this university to everyone. Park is a great school and the staff alone are very supportive and welcoming. It is very diverse here at Park University with plenty of opportunities, whether academically or athletically. Although I am an extrovert, the small class sizes work to my advantage. Communication between my professors and I are amazing and the fact that they not only know me by name, but also know more about me is heart-warming. The school alone has a warm presence. It's more of a family-friendly feeling, rather than just paying money to get my education than leaving. I think Park University would be a great university for anyone due to their diverse courses, teaching/learning techniques, and staff and students. I'll eventually be a proud Park Alumni.

S

I am in my third year at Park. I am very glad that I chose this school. I have had access to opportunities that I would never have been able to imagine.

Marquel

Food is disgusting, parking is horrible, student life is garbage at home games, as part of the Track and field program we have no respect, funding, or anything because the athletic program doesn't even take care of our necessities, the student life is pretty cliche-y, student weight room facilities are monitored heavily due to shady things of past presidents, Adjunct teachers online are horrible, athletic training is novice, and basically the increasing prices we pay are absolutely not worth it. As for good, it's close to Kansas City, the academic curriculum is amazing due to small classrooms, the library is a good spot to get tutoring and learn, the campus is pretty cool with underground classrooms, great business program, renovated rooms fo the dorms, and easy access to everything.

Julia

Park is a wonderful place to study.

Eric

Great school and excellent instructors. It might take a little getting used to how the administrative offices work, but once you're in the system things will smooth out. Classes are the right size and the facilities are decent. If it's traditional academic styling or a contemporary setting you are looking for then you may want to look at other upscale or ivy-league schools. Park is a very practical school with a pragmatic mentality. "Fides et Labor".

Chelsea

As a current freshman at Park University, I have found many things to love about the campus, the professors, and the general atmosphere. While I do not live on campus, I don't feel left out of the in crowd like most would think. There are tons of events going on on campus that everyone is encouraged to everyone who attends. I have attended basketball and volleyball games, pre-final dinner and games, and movie nights! Professors are also always able to be contacted in one form or another. All of my professors have allowed me to learn and also have challenged me to do my absolute best. In general, the campus was exactly what I was looking for in a college. A close-knit community with small class sizes. I like being able to see the same faces every day. I feel that it helps to create a more inviting atmosphere.

Monroe

I think park is an amazing school, the teachers so far have been a great help in the whole learning process and welcoming each of us as part of the family. They offer amazing programs that are beneficial to whatever you are looking to major or minor in.

monroe

Overall, I think Park offers many opportunities and many great educational advancement programs that any student who's willing to accept the challenge, can achieve their goals. So, far the teachers I'm under are more than willing to teach and make sure we retain the subject being taught.

Angie

Park University is so far one of the best experiences I've ever had. Being an international student who came from a country where having access to high quality university and pursuing a career in Literary field don't go hand in hand. However, at Park University, the limit has been expanding, and I've been enjoying my college life as an English major. It's safe to say I found my dream here.

Mallery

College is a very daunting thing, especially with how much pressure is put onto it throughout public education. Park does an excellent job at the prep and recruitment, the warm and friendly atmosphere, and resource availabilities. Every person on campus carries a true smile and passion for eduacation. Friends are easily made and respect is shown from professors to students and vice versa. There is an incredible amount of spirit and involvement, which shows great appreciation from the staff of the hearts that make their way through this university. I never thought I would care too much where I went to college, but I know now that I would not have been as happy at any other college as I am at Park.

Adrian

Park University is a college that truly makes you feel welcome. Not only does it have the most beautiful campus but it has some of the nicest people. Even though it is not a large public university there are people from all over the world to meet. Park University definitely prides themselves on the wide variety of people that attend their campus. I feel like every teacher there genuinely cares about your future and your education. The class sizes are quite small. The largest class you would have could be around 40 students but most of mine are less than 20. This creates for the one-on-one environment I was looking for in a school. Students aren't afraid to ask questions in the middle of class and the teachers welcome it. I can tell that my professors are passionate about what they are teaching and they want you to understand the content not just learn it. There are plenty of spaces inside and outside to sit and study. There is even a newly expanded underground space with lots of classrooms and seating areas. I would highly recommend this university to anyone looking for a place to further their education.

Becky

Park has a wonderful online learning experience. They provide much flexibility so that I can learn while I still work full time for the government. They offer very competitive tuition and fees for both active military, their spouses, and for veterans. Overall, I would recommend Park for both online and in person programs!

Isabel

Park University are a diverse group of individuals who encourage success. the most helpful individuals are the resource department as well as professors. They are the root of our success and guidance and they provide the information and resources needed.

Eugena

I love Park and always have. The class sizes are small and very interactive. My favorite this is that the campus is surrounded by nature and lots of trails and fun things to do, which I love nature trails. It’s not big on partying and is a dry campus meaning no alcohol allowed in the dorms which is nice as well.

Sheila

I think it's a great School, especially for the Social Work bachelor's degree Program

Madison

Park University is a great school and I truly love being a student there. I have been at Park for four years now and am graduating this May. Honestly, the only bad thing that I can say about Park is that there are a lot of financial problems and tuition is on the rise. My freshman year was $349 per credit hour, now it is $369 per hour, it may not seem like a huge leap but for someone who only makes $7.25 an hour and is a full-time student, it is pretty difficult. The class size is really small, my largest class was 25 people and you get a lot of one on one time with the professors. The professors at Park all have personal experience in the fields that they teach in, therefore, speak from experience. I love this college and have called it home for four years. It is definitely a beautiful school, especially in the spring and fall. Another huge perk about Park is the diversity, there are tons of students from ALL over the world and they are AWESOME especially if you love learning about different cultures. Park also caters to Military Personnel, the military is a huge part of Park University and soldiers of every Armed Force get tons of scholarships and assistance during deployments.

Addison

I enrolled in Park University due to its beautiful campus and wonderful programs. I knew that it wouldn't be a huge university with lots going on but at times, I wish it was. We have quite a few opportunities on campus to get involved but I feel as if there should be more.

Claire

Park is a great school for commuter students and athletes. If you're not one of the two, you probably feel a bit excluded. The dorms, while nice, don't foster a very social atmosphere and clubs/organizations aren't typically very active. Most students either go home on weekends or keep to themselves. The class sizes are great and for the most part the staff is friendly and well qualified. In addition, the school is extremely affordable. It's a decent college, but I can't imagine staying here for four years.

malcolm

Park University has been instrumental in me acquiring my Bachelor's Degree and now my Master's Degree. After joining the Air Force Reserves I was looking for a college that would cater to my unpredictable schedule. Being on active orders would prohibit me from always being in a classroom and Park University offered online classes. The online classes provided the same intensity as being in a classroom setting. The classroom are small and it allows me and my instructors to build a stronger relationship and a better learning atmosphere. Park University is the reason I am excited about learning and pursuing higher education. GO PIRATES!

Alexander

I think Park is a good school but does have its moments when things should be better but that goes for every college, they always pros and cons in things but it's still a nice school. But it can do better with some class, like for an example I feel like some classes that I took in the past didn't really matter I was just told and forced to take the class and I almost failed and that class I almost failed, really wasn't connected to my major and I feel like I was not really learning anything.

KRYSTLE

I love the availability of online classes as well as the accelerated class schedule. It has been a great benefit to me in the timely completion of my degree. I am an active duty Marine and I take classes primarily online. There are faculty professors who will come and teach on base and they do a great job of being available and accessible.

TRENESE

I take online classes because I have 3 more college credit hours to talk before I am done.....because I am trying to accomplish my bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management and I only have 3 classes left. I am a middle age woman that is trying to return to school and I need help with funds to help me to complete. In 2016 I lost my mother and I promise her that I would finish school, it's been really hard for me. I ready to complete this Bachelor Degree.

Tyra

I really love the school and their way of doing things to help every student succeed! Parker is a nice place to meet new people and explore lots of options . The professors are always there to help when you need. I’m working on my bachelors degree and my professor is their to help me push through. Parker has a nice environment .

Cynthia

Looks like a great school to go to. It is pretty and many little shops around to go to while you don't have class. It looks about big for many students to go to. I feel like i would have to get used to my surroundings because i would get lost easily.