Pasadena City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pasadena City College

Ravi

BLACK LIVES DO MATTER. I hope you are all well. My name is Ravi and I’m an immigrant from India. I never attended PCC but went to a 4 year University and medical school. I have 2 Bachelor’s degrees, an MBA and M.D. What I’m about to account for next is regarding a PCC student who was in the Criminal Justice Program at PCC. In November 2015, I was rear ended by a vehicle during rush hour traffic. I drove my car to the side of the road for safety. Unfortunately, the driver who hit my vehicle had driven off. Fortunately, or so I thought, a car stopped in front of me soon thereafter. My initial thought was that the car stopped and probably they were a witness to the accident. But nothing could be further from the truth. There were 3 people in the vehicle. Two people got out (one about 19 years old and the other person was a female in her 50’s) and as I greeted them. Immediately, the young punk started to tell me that he wanted to do a “citizen’s arrest” on me. I asked why. He stated that as I left the accident, I left an accident scene. I “explained” to this punk that I needed to drive to safety to avoid rush hour traffic. I questioned the punk what gave him the right to interrogate me. He stated that he was a ‘CRIMINAL JUSTICE STUDENT FROM PCC”. This white punk was so entitled to think that he could circumvent my rights as a citizen. This incident bothered me so much that I finally decided to do something about it in 2019 and I called and spoke with the President of PCC, Erika Endrijonas about the matter, especially considering the killing of Mr. George Floyd. She listened to my rendering of my experience and she stated that there is some re-structuring of the Criminal Justice program at PCC. My impressions of her were that she was dismissive of my recounting of this white punk. Final thoughts: Law enforcement doesn’t create “bad cops”. Rather law enforcement just amplifies a sense of power and entitlement of people who seek to work for law enforcement, especially over immigrants and black folks. This punk from PCC is a prime example where the Criminal Justice program (such as at PCC) serves as a conduit for white nationalists, entitled, power hungry, etc (Pick your adjective) to go into law enforcement. Be well, Ravi Peiris M.D., MBA

Lia

At first, I had thought that Pasadena City College was doing way too much to welcome freshmen because I am in the pathway program and the 8-hour orientation for three days was a lot for me, especially on the eyes. I then realized that it was actually extremely helpful as the fall semester had passed. I do wish the orientation days weren't so long.

Briana

When I first attended PCC in 2018, I was really nervous. I didn't have any friends at first because most of my friends from high school either decided college wasn't for them or they went farther away. So, when I got to PCC I thought people would just mind their own business and just get their work done and leave. However, the students and staff there at least from my experience were nothing but nice and helpful. I appreciate how comfortable PCC makes a student or anyone for that matter feel. The professors are understanding and just want their students to succeed.

Anita

Pasadena City College is a resourceful College and Knowledgeable Campus with wide variety of options for students in away they could qualify for like foster youth,EOP&S, Disability and more no matter were you start it can get you to your goals in one way or the other.

Frissiel

I attended a UC school my freshman year of college and was able to experience first-hand living on-campus and attending classes every day. While the experience is something I appreciated, things got really expensive and I was about $10,000 in debt, so I decided to transfer to Pasadena City College my sophomore year where I finished the rest of my GE requirements at PCC in about a year. I was able to pay off my school debt and I am now transferring to a top 4-year university in California. I wish I would have considered community colleges as a high school senior since PCC offered the exact level of education that my 4-year university offered while taking off the financial burden of 4-year universities. I recommend attending PCC and finishing your GE requirements where you'll take different classes and receive an insight on different majors as you're completing those courses. If you're not 100% sure or decided on a major/career to pursue, please consider Pasadena City College as it really helped me in figuring our my major/career and it took off the financial weight I was struggling with. Not only that, but the professors are really nice and helpful, there's all kind of tutoring (online and in-person), small class sizes, free food pantry opened every day, counseling (psychological and scholar), book-less classes (or very inexpensive), and the parking pass is very inexpensive as well. Don't leave PCC out of your potential schools because it's a community college, the education and environment is just as school-centered as the UC school I previously attended. I am now going to be a junior in college and will be transferring to a 4-year university, once again, with all of my GE requirements completed (and an AA degree) and will solely focus on my upper level classes, thanks to PCC! Good luck to all students who are college searching, hope you find the best fit for you!

evelyn

A great school for anyone who is looking for that college experience nearby home. The campus itself is very clean and everything is easy to find. There are plenty of places to visit in Pasadena so it makes this college a go to if you are eventually planning to transfer.

Genesis

Pasadena City College is a very nice school. I ended up loving the campus a lot more that I expected to when I started. It's a pretty safe campus too, if anything happens the campus police is very quick to act. The only real "trouble" is the parking, it's almost impossible to find some during the first few weeks of each semester.

Terri

Pasadena City College is a small campus that is rich in potential. It's a great place for high school graduates unsure of a major or who are looking for a financially friendly option for higher education. It's great for working adults. The schedules usually have flexible hours with many classes offered on weekends, from early mornings until late nights. The professors with whom I've interacted have all been helpful, lively, kind, and insightful. Classroom sizes are small, allowing for personalized attention and access to resources. Overall, PCC is a dream place to be no matter the situation.

Kathy

Pasadena City College is a school that I recommend. The staff from the financial aid, the counselors and professors are accommodating and concerned about the students' needs. All students are offered extra help to keep them focused and on their way to success. This College tends to become a family, not strangers walking down cold halls. You get an education and a family in one at Pasadena City College.

Leslie

All community colleges are crowded, but PCC still is able to make students have a personal connection with professors, and with our peers. There are many programs and class varieties, which makes the transfer process a lot quicker and simpler. Overall, one of the better community colleges for students who are seeking to transfer.

Briana

If you are an athlete this can be a good fit for you. There are a lot of resources athletes get so that they can graduate and move on to a four year. You get priority registration, and there is a study place called the zone where there are counselors that really care and help you get to where you want to go. They are always checking in on you making sure you have your grades up.

It's a good community college and there is a lot of opportunities for everyone .

Edwund

Pasadena city college is an extremely laid back and chill environment. The professors are very supportive, and the student body are all friendly and focuses on themselves. It's a peaceful and serene learning environment forsure. It also has a beautiful campus and many restaurants nearby!

mimi

Pasadena City College was an amazing school. I wish I could stay at this school to finish my career as it is very accommodating. You have access to teachers and staff, community service opportunities, and physical and mental health clinics. The teachers are all very helpful and are required to have a certain amount of time of office hours and they really stick to it. My overall experience is a positive one.

Yu-Hsiang

Some professors are really subjective. Some professors are really subjective. Some professors are really subjective. Some professors are really subjective.Some professors are really subjective.Some professors are really subjective.Some professors are really subjective.Some professors are really subjective.Some professors are really subjective.

Libby

The teaching at PCC is fantastic! I have only had one professor I didn't like; everyone else has been motivated, prepared for class, and understanding. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in music, sports, theater, etc. You can do basically anything you want to, but making friends can be difficult since it is a commuter school. Overall, PCC is a fantastic community college that really prepares its students for university life.

Carlos

I believe anyone could make their education a positive experience if they put the time and effort into it. Pasadena College gives students the appropriate tools to make that happen. The faculty have been supportive, and I have been motivated enough to maintain a 4.0 GPA at the college, so anything is possible!

Natalia

I love PCC. The professors are engaging, committed and readily available. The students are generally focused and communicative. The cafeteria doesn't really have good hot food choices. The staff is exceptional. My only concern is the freedom in which professors give out good grades. I understand their desire to help us succeed but I wonder if it will help us be competitive n the world scene in the long run?

Juliana

The overall environment of this school is so uplifting and enjoyable that it's impossible to not want to succeed. I'll probably be shedding a couple of tears when the time comes to transfer out. This is a school I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good community college not only im academics but also in athletics and student life.

Victor

Overall I believe that Pasadena City College is a wonderful school academically. The professors here are very enthusiastic about teaching. They are also very supportive. My English 1C professor, Professor Toscano, was an absolute amazing teacher. The things I learned in that class were not just academic, but were life lessons. She is the most recent example of what the professors here at PCC offer.

Brandon

Pasadena City College is a fantastic campus with a large variety of subjects to study, the campus is especially fantastic for those looking to transfer to another campus. The classes are of a decent size which allows for plenty of interaction between professors and students. The professors themselves are fantastic with few exceptions, majority of the professors are extremely helpful and passionate about the subject matter which helps to enhance the learning experience.

peggy

I think Pasadena City College is a great school to attend. The only downside is because there's a lot of students so it can feel overcrowded at parking lots, classrooms, counseling, and other student service buildings.

Noor

Pasadena City College is a great school that welcomes everyone. The campus has a lot of facilities that are more than willing to assist students with not only getting around the campus but also preparing them for transferring out to 4-year universities.

Haaris

It should be seen as a stepping stone and nothing more. Overall, campus life is quite average. This, compounded with the fact that PCC is a commuter school and most students leave campus as soon as they are done with their class, means that the overall experience of the school is limited. It fulfills its purpose as a junior college, but don't expect much else.

irene

Pasadena City College really does a lot for their students. The professors and staff are very helpful, not to mention all the facilities they offer here for various of needs ranging from mental health to a wonderful veterans facility that I was able to partake in. The counselors are great and the Rosemead Campus facility is amazing. The staff at that location is extremely helpful and the counselors there make it easy and quick to meet up with them. Everyone is quick and more than welcome to aid one another- and that includes the students as well. Im so proud to be able to be a part of this community, its not a surprise that Pasadena City College is one of the best Community Colleges in California.

Vasthy

A really great community college. Very accessible and close to home. Most teachers are helpful. A good school for anyone; people who are beginning college, people who want to go back to college, veterans, high schoolers taking college class, etc. Has a lot of potential to keep on growing, more than it already has. One of the best community colleges in California.

It is a great pathway for those who cant afford a four-year college at the moment. There are so many options that anyone can find a class of their interest and discover themselves from them. In addition, the college is in a very great location at the center of a bustling city with many attractions that can immerse students into a multicultural world.

Carolina

Pasadena city College is located in an area full of shops and quick food options. There’s plenty of room for growth for extracurricular activities and students who need financial, emotional, academic, and psychological aid. Most of the professors are punctual with their office hours and respond quickly through email.

Derrick

Most of the people I've met at Pasadena City College are very motivated to transfer within two years. Because of this sense of motivation, interacting with them has and is extremely pleasant leading to an overall satisfaction with the school as a whole. In addition, faculty members are very friendly and approachable and like always, would gladly help when asked. Thus, overall, Pasadena City College is a friendly and helpful institution, they want people to transfer to a four year university as quickly as possible; they do this by giving students like me the necessary resources to succeed. PCC gave me great experiences. Go Lancers!

Michele

Pasadena City College is generally a great school. Professors are nice, knowledgeable, and caring. Students are typically nice as well. The school offers many resources, clubs, activities, and even freebies! The campus is clean, safe, and beautiful.

Alejandra

Pasadena City College is a good school with a beautiful campus. We are culturally active and accepting of everyone, and there are clubs for almost everything and everyone out there. The professors are reachable through canvas, email, phone, and office hours , and they let us know about tutoring and where its available for their subject.

Julius

The professors are there to help you succeed, you just need to seek them out. There are tons of resources you can use that many people decide to leave untouched. The counselors do not have much faith in your ability to transfer to a four year university. The campus police do not do much except hold a job title. There are many transients that sleep on campus and use the showering facilities.

Alexandra

PCC is a great place to further your learning. The classes are challenging and interesting and the professors are very informative. It definitely is more for the education than the social life. PCC prepared me for the next step. It is a great place to go before transferring to a four year!

Andrea

I was incredibly surprised in the best way with Pasadena City College. It was not my first choice, but it soon became obvious that it was the best choice. I got an immense amount of support to transfer in 2 years with on campus organizations. As well as amazing classes and professors.

I think the school is well balanced. The school is well staffed so that we can succeed and graduate or transfer to our future four year universities. The campus is not to big or small with very close places to eat and relax before heading back to class.

Kevin

I have attended Pasadena City College for two years this semester. I have loved all the classes I’ve taken, from general education courses to my major required courses. The professors add challenges to the courses but never make it overly difficult causing students to struggle. The more advanced courses do become rather rigorous, but no one is left finishing the course without taking a solid understanding of the subject. Help is offered copiously throughout the campus with tutors and faculty readily available to help. Outside of the classroom the professors are readily available during office hours. I have found myself unable to meet during the posted available hours, but the professors have always made time outside their schedule to help me with any questions and or personal problems. I have also taken courses to explore the different areas of study and have found that they are very accepting of everyone. This had allowed me to pursue certain hobbies such as drawing, painting, and playing the piano. I learned a lot in small amounts of time thanks to the professor’s passion for the subject they teach. If it wasn’t for their enthusiasm and knowledgeable courses, I would not have anything to look forward to at school. The staff on campus has been more than kind in making sure the services provided are easily available and open to everyone. I have never had an issue of talking to the financial aid office or the advisors on campus. I have always been comfortable talking to any individual on campus regardless of topic. The maintenance staff has kept the campus a clean environment and their hard work does not go unnoticed.

Alexis

I think it's very up there in terms of being a community college. Great area around campus as well as the campus itself. Could use little improvement in some facilities but great nevertheless. I love how convenient it is to get to school and back home, there's a shuttle they provide for students and most professors provide everything a student would need in class (whether it be minimal cost to basically no textbooks and free scantrons on test day)

Crosley

Pasadena city college is a great junior college to attend. It offers many opportunities and the professors that I have taken were wonderful. There is a grand, diverse range of individuals—different ages and ethnicities—all with the purpose to learn.

Robert

All in all i love my school, it has its miss guided teachers and the works but all in all its a great school

idaneli

The school reminds me of miniature USC, the campus is beautiful and the resources are plentiful. I think this school is perfect if you're still trying to figure out a major but still want to attend school. My experience was fantastic, I got the most use out of the health facilities, they have on staff nurses that you can make appts for birth control and other exams at a low rate. Public transportation is reliable and the light-rail is close by as well. There are a ton of places to eat and downtown Pasadena is a 10 minute bus ride.

Valerie

My overall opinion on Pasadena City College is that it is an amazing school. The teachers are very helpful, any help needed, they will respond quickly or have face to face meetings. The classrooms are big considering the amount of students who are enrolled in each one. The campus and people i am surrounded with are very helpful and friendly. Overall, this school is very welcoming.

I am incredibly grateful for the well-rounded community, caring professors, financial accessibility, and great education offered at this school. I would highly recommend this institution to any prospective students who asked me about options for college in California.

Edward

I think Pasadena City College is a great community school to attend. People easily make friends there because everyone is nice and openminded. The professors there really care about their students and always there to help them even outside of class. I just wish their cafeteria food was better and that their elevators are working.

Dat

great

Juliette

Pasadena City College is an exceptional campus that allows students to express themselves in any way the need to. Faculty and staff ensure that PCC is a safe environment and a place to learn. The transfer rates are successful and the opportunity to get a great education is here. Personally the food is a bit pricy but overall PCC is the way to go

Quenette

Overall, Pasadena City College is a great place to jumpstart or to continue your education. Online class in particular are great for working students. The online classes are interactive and social. There is so much support available from students, staff and faculty. Pasadena City College is the type of school that welcomes questions, all you have to do is reach out and someone will be able to help you. The professors were very approachable and understanding.

Brent

Pasadena City College is known as one of the best community colleges in the state. At first I thought it was only a boast, I went into class every day and whenever I needed help the professors tried their best to assist me in any way possible. Each of my instructors were all worthy of instructing their respective subjects. The campus is amazing! The location is perfect because it is bounded by many stores and places for students to eat. Not only that but the location is close enough for students to drive a couple of minutes, or bike for that matter, to the heart of Pasadena and explore the area. Ultimately after three semesters of attending the campus I can confidently say that the claim of it being one of the best community colleges in the state holds weight and would recommend it to anyone in a heart beat.