Passaic County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Passaic County Community College

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Desiree

I went to Passaic county community college (2018). It is actually the only actual college I went to. I only went for one semester because I could not afford college. When I first initially enrolled into the school I did what anyone else did and applied for financial aid to cover my classes, little did I know my financial aid never got approved. Apparently I was flagged because my parents failed to submit 2015 taxes. I wasn’t living with my parents at the time and they lived in Ohio, so trying to get this information from them was more than difficult. While all this was happening they still let me take my classes. I personally went to financial aid during my semester and asked to make a payment plan because this issue with my parents taxes for a few years prior was not looking hopeful. The financial advisor told me to hold off from making a payment plan until they knew for sure after they received all the information they needed to clear whatever was the issue was blocking any financial aid. So I did what he said and waited a little longer. He did not tell me that once the semester was over I wouldn’t have a chance to make a payment plan. And that’s exactly what ended up happening. The semester ended and I still had no update on whether or not my financial aid went through. I was actually already signed up for a second semester of classes when I was finally told my financial aid for that whole semester of full time classes was denied. It was denied because of my parents. My parents that have nothing to do with the money I have. My parents that do not support me financially in any way. It is wasn’t actually until this very year(2020) that my parents fixed whatever issue they had with the IRS but because of that I was denied financial aid. On top of that when I found out I officially denied for financial aid, I again asked to make a payment plan to cover almost $3000 worth of classes. It was then that I was told I could not do one at that point because the semester I was trying to pay for was already over. That right there inflamed me because I had gone to speak with a financial advisor during my semester to make a payment plan and he told me to not do one. He didn’t inform me I had time period to where I could do one. I then asked what were my options then if I couldn’t receive financial aid and they refused to make a payment with me.. I was told I have no options the balance goes straight to collections. Not even before the new semester and they are already sending my balance to collections. The college I was so excited to start as an adult gave me no choice and just pushed a new collection on my life. A sum of money that I in no way could pay at once to stop it from going to collections. They were very rude and firm on the fact that it was going straight to collections. That irritated me because I’m a responsible person, I pay all my bills on time and I handle living on my own. They gave me no chance to pay the school on my terms. They treated me like an irresponsible adult, like I just didn’t want to pay a bill. They messed up my credit that I was working on to eventually buy a house and stopped me going to college any further because I could not afford it out of pocket. They gave a young person living on their own only one choice of sending a balance to collections without being paid in full. If I could pay it in full I wouldn’t have applied for financial aid huh. To top everything off as all of this was occurring the new semester was starting and I still had no financial aid and I was told if there’s a balance then the classes for the new semester are automatically dropped in their system but that wasn’t the case. I was still emailed by professors informing me of my absence in class and when I asked why I was still enrolled into classes if I still had a balance to be paid, they said that was weird and that I should just go to my classes if I’m still enrolled. I would’ve done that if I had a way to pay for school.. BUT I had a new balance in collections and no financial aid to help with a new semester so all that made no sense for them to say to me to go to new classes anyway. I’m saying all this because it is now a few years after I went to PCCC and they are the only collection account on my credit report. At 25 years old I have an unnecessary debt on me because this school would simply not let me do a payment plan through the school. They choose to simply send a balance straight to collections to get it off their back. That shouldn’t be done to young people, living on their own in an expensive society. I have other student loans that are in good standing from going to vocational school, I pay my car and my insurance. I’m great with everything. If only they communicated better and actually cared about the people being affected by things like this.

Chris Joy

Passaic County Community College (Pccc) is a perfect college match for a student like me who cannot afford universities because it is close to home, it is affordable, and the class sizes are terrific. I commute with a bus everyday going to school and it is fantastic because it only take less than an hour for me to get to my college. I do not own a car because I cannot afford it yet, so for the meantime, riding the bus to college is fortunate for me. I do loans because I am not eligible for financial aid. Pccc made it possible for me to attend college without spending tons of money for tuition for every semester. I like how the sizes of classes are in Pccc because it is easier to have conversations with the professors. For instance, if there are more than thirty students in a class, it is very hard to asks questions about a specific discussion because there might be ten students who have different questions. On the other hand, a class with fifteen students is more interactive because the students can ask as many questions as they want about the lecture without running out of class time. A two year college like Pccc is a very good start for a student like me who wants to save money and at the same time, understanding every topics without being left out. Furthermore, I am grateful for Pccc because this college is such a big help.

Pascual

There is an abundant amount of opportunity here on campus. One of my counselors always has something new to inform me about every time I step into his office. This sense of encouragement, empowers me to continue to practice excellence. It eliminates the fear of not getting the result I want, as I know the community here on campus will act as a spring board to help propel in the right direction. I will be spending two years here to receive my associates degree, and I can honestly say I am excited for everything down the road.

Marlene

I love coming to this school. It is a great learning institute, the professors are very helpful and there are always people who are always asking if you need help. The professors always make time for their students, whether they need help in their academics or personal life.

Kim

When I started at Passaic County Community College (PCCC), I was nervous and lost. The four star rating is accredited to the intelligent, dedicated, and compassionate professors working at this academic institution. Semester after semester, I was fortunate to have professors who worked above and beyond their call to guide their students and support the school. Their efforts made me confident in my academics and my capability to take on challenges. Through recommendations, I pursued membership in clubs (Human Services Club) and academic societies (Phi Theta Kappa). I feel fortunate to have these devoted professors as part of my academic path.

wara

Pretty good overall, Not too much movement but the learning experience is good. Professors are always helpful and cooperating. The infrastructure is on point, not too big but space is enough for the number of students. The cafeteria is the only thing I would say needs quite the upgrade. We share the cafeteria with a high school from the area.

Lissette

A lot of great professors who are always willing to help. A lot of opportunities. Very affordable. Relatively safe, not as dangerous as many people say. Most people who say it's dangerous are afraid of poor people or think it's a good idea to hang out on the streets at night. During the day, it's very safe. If you're worried, the entire campus is connected by a bridge so you never have to be outside.

Richard

I feel as if Passaic County Community College could be improved in any ways. First, it would be great to keep the library open 24/7. Second, I believe the food could be improved as well. Lastly, I must include that the prices to buy book supplies are a rip off, there are stores with better prices out there!

Passaic County Community College is a very good school in general. Some of the teachers are great and most offer help outside of the classroom. PCCC offers many opportunities. They have many clubs and they have tutoring for students. One thing they could improve is sending out notifications of things going on with the school and their opportunities.

Caitlyn

Passaic County Community College is a simply a good school. Many professors are helpful, informative, and accessible, yet many others are not. The Paterson, New Jersey Campus unfortunately is surrounded by many homeless and I have encountered tons of panhandlers, but that is the city, not the school. The school is beautiful with a few inspiring works of art. The clubs are not very active and there are not many. As far as drugs, there are many students who discuss drug-related manners which I have overheard many times at the Paterson Campus. Overall, it is a fine school. Security is good, the parking garage is terrible, many wonderful professors, not enough computers in the library, some of the staff are unfriendly, and the location is rather inconvenience with Paterson city traffic.

Nasrin

In the Christmas holidays, I went up to Paterson, New Jersey to visit my Aunt and to visibly witness Passaic County Community College. At first, I was ecstatic because I've heard nothing but great discussions about Passaic Community College! I truly had an interest in traveling from California to New Jersey solely due to the convenience and location of this school. It was near my Auntie's apartment, so I figured why not and visit this beautiful college and solidify if I wanted to move or not. The school, in itself, is gorgeous! An impeccable campus, diversity in staff and students, and a variety of programs are one of many characteristics that stick out in Passaic Community College. However, the services provided by the staff were horrendous. No smiles, greetings, nothing of the sort appealed me closer to the community. The counselor and the overall front desk, in its entirety, didn't care about my concerns, and no help was given. The counselor actually blew me off stating I had to be "enrolled" to visit. I was perplexed! I am wanting to be a student; surely, I'm not allowed to visit in any type of way? I'm from out of state! I want to be able to verbally express my worries and concerns about financial aid, my educational goals, (or any of the sort) to a counselor or a front desk! I simply wanted to check out the school and I was denied. To top it off, I actually told them 2 weeks before I was visiting and I have scheduled an appointment. I STILL was denied in seeing anyone for that matter. Indeed, I had a horrible experience and will never visit that campus again. I will continue to stay in California and get the best quality services provided with good support and success in my education!

Lizbeth

I think that PCCC is a great school because it is affordable for all people and provides opportunities to those who may not have many opportunities anywhere else. Not only is it a great college but you are able to transfer and go to the school that may have been out of your reach before. The teachers are really great because they are always willing to offer their time and help you with whatever you need.

Yankory

I love my college it have me great opportunities and it will continue to do so. I know this because the class are what I need to really learn my major and go on to the work force. This school is a blessing and will always be a blessing to me and my family.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!