Martinsville, VA
Patrick Henry Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Patrick Henry Community College

Arion

it is an ok school.

it is an ok school.

It is a great school! Teachers are always willing to do 1 on 1 time if you do not understand anything, class is small enough for teachers to get to know thier students, campus is easy to learn your way around, their softball team is amazing! Food is edible

Aleisia

I think Patrick Henry Community College is a great community college to attend. It provides a calm and welcoming atmosphere to all the students. The professors take pride in teaching the students all they can and make time for the students who have a hard time understanding some of the subjects reviewed in class.

Brandi

Patrick Henry Community College is an amazing college to attend. Everyone is really friendly and willing to help you out in the best way that they can. Teachers are very helpful and the college is full of tutors to help with understand material better. Everyone is involved at Patrick Henry Community College because it feels like a home. Everyone is family.

Karathena

I am pleased with the school overall. However some of the teachers don't know how to physically teach, like they know the material but are bad at relaying it to the students. I love how the classes are about as big as they were in high school and the fact i can have a conversation with my professor makes it worth while.

Cody

I really enjoy going here and it is a great place to go for some down time and a place to be able to go and get a great degree with great teachers that are here to help you and want you to learn and succeed. the campus life here is good, and the surrounding area is quiet with plenty of places to eat and hang out.

Caroline

My school is small but full of passion for academics and serving our community. PHCC is diverse and offers many clubs, programs, and opportunities to further yourself as well as the community. I have enjoyed attending PH and I am so glad to be a Patrick Henry Patriot!

I graduated high school at sixteen years old and immediately began classes at my local community college. It was a huge step but it wasn't scary or horrible. I loved it! Looking back, I would go back and tell my high school self to be more confident. I was the quiet girl in class who made excellent grades, (and I am naturally outgoing and talkative,) but I wouldn't speak up in class or talk to the teachers because I was afraid. I would definitely change that! School is fun and exciting, but going through college is hard when you don't believe in yourself. Being confident is beautiful. Being confident shows that you respect yourself and that you are comfortable with who you are. I have struggled, yet overcome, stuttering and the fear of public speaking. Because I am now confident with who I am, I can speak to a room with hundreds of people without stuttering. I now walk into a room with my shoulders back and a smile on my face, because I believe in myself. I would tell my high school self to be more confident- this is going to be an exciting adventure.

Going to Patrick Henry Community College is a great way to begin your education. It is a great transition from high school to a four year university, and I am so glad that I decided to go to Patrick Henry Community College. I was so nervous when I first attended, but it is a friendly enviroment and I instantly became relaxed. I am now very comfortable on campus and I enjoy going to school at PHCC.

La'

The most valuable information that I would to myself as a high school senior would be to experiment with topics that interest you most. If possible, job-shadow with people who work in fields of your interest to determine if you would really be willing to pursue a career in the same field. Most importantly, do your research on colleges of your interest and stay in contact with your senior counselor and college guide. One should find out the schools' tuition and room and board calculations, scholarship and financial aid availability, funding for programs of your major, visit the college campus and arrange permission to sit in on a class, talk to the professor and find out his/her concern for students? education, and talk to college students about campus life. When graduation has come and gone and that first day of college begins, be absolutely certain that the college that you decide to attend is perfect for you and you'll be proud to say you received your degree from that institution.

I wish I would have known more about the tuition ranges the financial assistance availability of four year institutions in Virginia and North Carolina as well as these schools' support of biology programs on campus.

This institution does not allow students to study specific majors of interests as a four year intstitution would; students study based on the subject of interest such as math, science, art, history, english, health sciences.

Bethany

I would say PHC is best known for its moot court debate teams, which rank topmost in the nation. It is also known for turning out graduates of very high caliber.

I would tell myself, first and foremost, to enjoy the transition process. Choosing a college, deciding on a major, and filling out applications can quickly become stressful and aggravating. There is no rush, and spending a year taking core classes at a community college is much smarter than hurrying off to an expensive school when you have no idea what you want to major in and you end up wasting money and getting into debt. I would also say that going to college can seem daunting and a little scary. It's a huge change, but in the long run, it's a change that's worth making. Just remember there are adults in your life that are more than willing to help you through the transition process, and even if the first day of classes your freshman year is a little overwhelming, by the end of the semester you'll be totally comfortable and ready for the next semester!

*NOTE: I actually attend Patrick Henry College, located in Purcellville, VA. It wasn't on the college list.* You have to be willing to work hard and have commitment and dedication to be able to complete your degree. However, the faculty is wonderful and the classes are small so you will have plenty of opportunities to get to know other students and your professors and plenty of opportunities to ask for advice and help. PHC would be a better fit for someone with an interest in Government, Journalism, Literature, etc, as opposed to someone interested in the Sciences or Mathmatics.

LeMar

Patrick Henry is best known for their outstanding nursing program. They also have great vocational classes for those who want to learn a trade.

Patrick Henry is very affordable. They are very helpful with providing financial aid for students who aren't able to pay for classes. The teachers are well prepared with delivering more than enough information to their students to help them learn the material.

I would certainly go back and tell myself to study a little bit harder. My grades in high school great, I finished my senior year with a 3.5 gpa. The thing that I regret most is that i didn't dual enroll. I should have paid to recieve college credit for classes that i could have gotten out of the way in high school. Then in my first year of college i would have been considered a rising sophmore or junior. I would also tell myself to strive even harder in sports to earn a scholarship, mainly focusing on my track season because thats what I did best in. I would have join more and gotten more involved in the different organizations and clubs that my school offered as well.

Patrick Henry Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.