Paul Quinn College Top Questions

Celia

One of the aspects I like tha most from Paul Quin College (PQC) is the size of the student population: 300 students. Even though, 300 students could sound extremly small for a college, it benefits the current students in a closer relationship with the staff and faculty members. By being small, you get to be a "big fish in a small tank" and that reflects in more internships positions available for each student and highest chance to have a job secured before graduation. Many times, when I mention to people in my city (Dallas/Fort Worth) that I'm attending Paul Quinn, they have no clue that this an actual college and that it has a large national coverege media, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, NPR, among others. However, after I share with them my experience at the Quinnite Nation (pseudonym for Paul Quinn College) they seem to get interested and attracted by the college. One of my favorite ways to spend time at Paul Quinn is to walk around campus, it is very large, in analogy with the size of its student population. PQC counts with several green areas and places to have a picninc! Currently we are in the process of making the campus a universitary town. PQC's current administration is one of the best ones you can find among small colleges in America. President "Prez" Michael Sorrell directs the school with a visionary, entreprenurial and financially strong system. It was in 2007 when President Sorrell came to revive Paul Quinn, and since then the college has experience on of the greatest turonvers in college education ever seen. One of the most dramatic changes implemented by President Sorrell has been termination of the football program, and the reuse of the football field, as a organic farm to address the problem of living in food desert. It is called the WE Over ME Farm, because at the Quinnite Nation there is no room to be selfish. Although, Paul Quinn is a school role model, there is always room for improvement and currently it is working in offer a larger variety of food options in the cafeteria and it is raising funds to create new dorms and repair the roads.

Paul Quinn College is a faith and family oriented school that cultivates and develops quality leaders for the advancement in our prospective fields.