Knoxville, TN
Pellissippi State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pellissippi State Community College

Melissa

I have attended Pellissippi State on and off since I graduated from high school. It is a great institution and everyone that works there is very helpful. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about PSCC.

tosha

I would tell myself to push forward no matter what obstacles comes my way. Send any free time studying. Time management is a key part in success as a college student. No matter what do not give up, keep going. Pay attention in all of your classes.

It is hard to pick something that is bad about Pellissippi State Community College. This far into my education and experience at PSTCC I have no complaints. All of the teachers, advisors and tutors I have came in contact with have been nothing but helpful.

The type of person who should attend Pellissippi State Community College is any person that has the drive to succeed. PSTCC is college that is dedicated to help and encourage students to reach all of their potential. Knowledge is power which is exactly what PSTCC promotes, higher education. College is not easy. It takes a lot of hard work and discipline but with the help of advisors and teachers at PSTCC any student can and will succeed.

Daniel

If I could speak to myself during my high school career, I would advise myself to enjoy high school more because it is not always about your studies and homework assignments, but also about making friends and furthering the limits of your social life. I would tell myself to cherish the ever growing knowledge that I am earning through my plethera of classes more because, in the future, it could be more useful that I think. I would also tell myself to continue working hard and to never be lazy about my school life and work effort and my studies at home. I would also tell myself to get more involved in my school and to branch out to other clubs that my high school has to offer. Last of all, I would inform myself that it would be a very wise decision to start applying for scholarships as early as possible.

If you want to attend Pellissippi State Community College, you need to be willing to work hard and to attend class everyday, because even missing one day of class can weigh you down a lot. Always take every class seriously because the easiest class may turn into a nightmare if you fail to involve effort in your success in the class. Always pay attention in class and get all your assignments turned in on time. You also need to be willing to spend twice as much time at home studying than you would be involved in class. Try your best!

The most frustrating thing about attending Pellissippi State Community College is that when you are taking a specific, excedingly hard class, the best you can do is to try your best. Some classes are easier than others, but one class may be more challenging than the others. You may have to try harder, but if that strategy doesn't work out, you may need to just do the best you can and accept that limitation. When I am taking a class that is excedingly challenging for me , I set my minimum goal at a C, but if possible, an B.

Ryan

I would tell my high school self that all the choices he made were the wrong ones. I would tell him that he is throwing away the best opportunities he has to get into a college or university of your dreams and play sports. I would tell him that all those football and soccer scholarships that you have been offered won't mean anything if you don't get your grades up. I would tell him that none of the athletic awards is going to get you into school until you strive to be an exemplary student and honorable person. All you are doing is the easy part. You aren't putting in the book work to get into to any of those colleges. Don't be like present Ryan and blow all those opportunities and spend the first semester just learning how to be a good student and how to study and take test. Don't find yourself in present Ryan's shoes hoping to get a second chance to prove himself academically worthy of being accepted into a university. High school Ryan, you can go anywhere and be anything as long as you work for it.

My school provides excellant opportunities to receive tutoring support.

I wish I had known how truly expensive school is and how much books really cost. I also would have liked to have been more familiar with study skills and note-taking skills as well as test studying/taking skills.

Molly

My classmates are all very unique.

My classmates are all very unique.

Don't try and grow up too fast. Being young is required. Learn to take a breather every now and then but keep your eye on the prize. Do what makes you happy at the time and will also benefit you down the road. Do not ever hesitate to call Mom!

I wish I had looked up the location before agreeing to go here.

Robert

Pellissippi has a very relaxed atmosphere with a very diverse student body and gives its students access to the latest technology.

My classmates vary in age and backgrounds, yet all seem to be able to mesh and help each other.

I would probably tell myself to continue to strive for excellence and to apply for those scholarships like crazy!

Donnavon

I would tell myself to keep moving forward and that you can do it. make dad proud, and although times seem tough you've got people to push you forward. I'm living proof you make it. Dont let one person ruin your life, it's sad she's gone but you make so many new friends. Buck up and live life to the fullest, apply yourself for now on and work your butt off at work. Be the guy everyone likes to be around and know. Be yourself brother!

The best thing about Pellissippi is that is a good transitional school for those new to college life. I've only been here a few weeks and I love it and cant wait to start on my degree, it's sad I have to transfer. It's actually a good school although what people say.

Wifi was everywhere, you can communicate with your teachers alot more and that you can work on campus. i thought that was pretty amazing. I'm still learning, I dont know everything about this school yet, I just found out yesterday what the rec center is. I thought it was more of a gym for classes, not just for working out.

Kristy

It is affordable and works hard to help out students transition to Universities. Also, the small classes allow the teachers to help students one on one.

I would tell my senior self to get tested for ADD now instead of later so I can get help earlier. If i had help sooner, my grades would have improved immensely. With that help, I would also tell myself to retake the ACT so I can get a better grade and some financial aid.

Some of the campuses are very run down, and it feels like we are in a jail.

Marian

Pellissippi offers a more personal touch to education. The college experience is not just all fun and games and Pellissippi offers an easier transition into the big univeristies. While Univeristy classrooms are filled with over a hundred students Pellissippi has less students in each class allowing us to have a more personalized learning experience. That being said with less students attending the college, staff members and professors are more accesible to a students needs. This is what Pellissippi State Community College is best known for. This college prepares you for the bigger universities.

I had always planned to go to college but for some reason I was excited for my senior year to end always thinking "finally I'm done with school". If I could go back in time to help myself prepare college I would tell myself not to slack off the way I did during last years. I'd tell myself to study harder and play later. I'd tell myself not to wait three years to go to college because I'm working twice as hard to remember the material from high school. It's also twice as hard because I slacked off towards the end and didnt bother to learn any of the material but instead memorized enough to let me pass my exams. Knowing now that we would end up in this economic reccesion and watching friends and family members go through all these lay offs I would tell myself to make sure to take advantage of life, get good grades so that you can get scholarships and attend school instead of having to struggle to pay for school the way I am now. If I could go back thats what I'd say.

While most brag about their football teams or other sports team I brag about the Professors. I must admit that although I am a 4.0 student I am not without my own questions and my professor have made time to meet me after class for any questions on assignments or help with a project I may be working on. I brag that unlike other schools my professors know me by name, care about my grades and when they are unavailable tutors are available through Pellissippi at no charge. How many people can say that?

Meredith

I would tell myself to take class more serioulsy and tell myself how to study and not cram. I would take advantage of the office hours of my professors and even if I am hesitant on a concept, there are plenty of people out there to help me understand. I wouldn't take anything for granted and not let my family life upset me as much. I lost focus when I was young because of terrible family problems and needed to focus on my education and taking care of myself first.

The best thing about my school is the close relationships with the faculty and their availability to help every student. The small classrooms are a perfect learning enviornment and help every student to excel in their specific field.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they're looking for more of the social aspect of college. A person should not attend this college if they want to be involved in sports and go to many sporting events.

Pellissippi State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.