Knoxville, TN
Pellissippi State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pellissippi State Community College

Kristy

It is affordable and works hard to help out students transition to Universities. Also, the small classes allow the teachers to help students one on one.

I would tell my senior self to get tested for ADD now instead of later so I can get help earlier. If i had help sooner, my grades would have improved immensely. With that help, I would also tell myself to retake the ACT so I can get a better grade and some financial aid.

Some of the campuses are very run down, and it feels like we are in a jail.

Marian

Pellissippi offers a more personal touch to education. The college experience is not just all fun and games and Pellissippi offers an easier transition into the big univeristies. While Univeristy classrooms are filled with over a hundred students Pellissippi has less students in each class allowing us to have a more personalized learning experience. That being said with less students attending the college, staff members and professors are more accesible to a students needs. This is what Pellissippi State Community College is best known for. This college prepares you for the bigger universities.

I had always planned to go to college but for some reason I was excited for my senior year to end always thinking "finally I'm done with school". If I could go back in time to help myself prepare college I would tell myself not to slack off the way I did during last years. I'd tell myself to study harder and play later. I'd tell myself not to wait three years to go to college because I'm working twice as hard to remember the material from high school. It's also twice as hard because I slacked off towards the end and didnt bother to learn any of the material but instead memorized enough to let me pass my exams. Knowing now that we would end up in this economic reccesion and watching friends and family members go through all these lay offs I would tell myself to make sure to take advantage of life, get good grades so that you can get scholarships and attend school instead of having to struggle to pay for school the way I am now. If I could go back thats what I'd say.

While most brag about their football teams or other sports team I brag about the Professors. I must admit that although I am a 4.0 student I am not without my own questions and my professor have made time to meet me after class for any questions on assignments or help with a project I may be working on. I brag that unlike other schools my professors know me by name, care about my grades and when they are unavailable tutors are available through Pellissippi at no charge. How many people can say that?

Meredith

I would tell myself to take class more serioulsy and tell myself how to study and not cram. I would take advantage of the office hours of my professors and even if I am hesitant on a concept, there are plenty of people out there to help me understand. I wouldn't take anything for granted and not let my family life upset me as much. I lost focus when I was young because of terrible family problems and needed to focus on my education and taking care of myself first.

The best thing about my school is the close relationships with the faculty and their availability to help every student. The small classrooms are a perfect learning enviornment and help every student to excel in their specific field.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they're looking for more of the social aspect of college. A person should not attend this college if they want to be involved in sports and go to many sporting events.

Paige

I would start by telling myself to save more money from the jobs I worked through out high school. Looking back I made decent money at 16 and 17 and wish I could have had something to show for that than several full tanks of gas and a cute new shirt. I would tell myself to learn how to study and tell myself how very important it is to study and take the time to make your education number one on my list of priorities. I also would tell myself that life is too precious to not speak to someone when you see them in the hall. Life changes in the blink of an eye from walking accross the stage of high school graduation to the first day of college. I would tell myself to enjoy the small things, not to sweat the major things, study, do your homework, and do not ; I repeat, do not fail any college courses.

I wish I would have known how to budget when I was about to graduate high school so I could have saved better for the 'college life.'

That it feels somewhat like high school because its 'close knit', small campus but they have so many opportunities to help get you on your way to becoming independent, the professors know your name and the free tutoring is endless. It also has alot of perks with the fitness center and open computer lab that you are entitled to use once you have graduated, too. It 's convenient with four locations through out Knoxville. Its a great transition from high school onto a four year university.

Ciera

Focus, dedication, and determination are all needed in the college world. Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a lot of advice. I would advise to work on my study skills. In college hours are needed to perform well on tests and exams. Study skills in high school are not stressed as much as they should be. I would also advise myself to fill out more financial aid. Filling out the FAFSA was very helpful, but didn't cover everything. With the help of financial aid I would be "worry free" about the money and could completely focus on the academics. I would also give myself a warning of the difference. The difference between high school and college are like comparing black and white. In high school excuses are accepted and deadlines have exceptions. In college if you do not complete tasks within the deadlines no excuses are accepted and you are given zeros. Another differenece, if college classes are missed you fall behind others are it is very hard to catch back up. Altogether I would warn myself of the many differeneces of school levels.

College is an immensely different world when compared to high school. Knowing the challenge that I was about to be introduced to when entering college would have been very helpful. I now understand, after my first semester; that college courses require time, effort and focus. Going into college unprepared makes classes somewhat difficult, however going into classes with the experience of my first semester, I think that it will be much easier. With a positive mindset I believe I can succeed in college knowing it will be a difficult road, but in the end it will certainly be worth it.

Pellissippi State Technical Community College is a great opportunity for students who are uncertain of what they are planning to do with their lives. I have been attending Pellissippi for one semester now and have already met a multitude of diverse and unique people. People from a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. Pellissippi has opened many doors for me personally. In the fall of 2011 I am planning to attend the University Of Tennessee and from their I plan to attain an elementary teaching degree. Pellissippi is a great school for students who want to build futures for themselves.

Katie

If I could go back and talk to myself my senior year of High School, there would be many things I would tell myself. First, going to class, even when they do not take roll is still very important. You might miss something very important, Like what to write your paper on, or the formula for the math test. Second I would tell myself that every single class you take counts to your GPA, no matter what it is. Third I would tell myself that you have to fill out the FAFSA regaurdless of whether or not you get scholarships, you have to have it completed in order to go to school. Fourth, do not procrastinate in college, trying to worry about classes the last two weeks of the semester, when you did not care entire first half of the semester does no good. This is not High School. Fifth apply for every Scholarship you can find, every little bit of money helps with paying for school. Finally, do not work yourself to death trying to go to work and school. You will not do well at either, one will suffer and usually its the school. My advice to me.

That developmental classes count the same as regular classes toward your GPA. and that Not going to class because you do not like the teacher does not solve anything, except you fail.

A person should attend this school if they are not sure what they would like to do with their life, or if they plan on transferring to a University, you can get the first two years of school finished at a community college.

Pellissippi State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.