Lancaster, PA
Pennsylvania College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania College of Art and Design

Deidre

I've only visited PCA&D but I already love the environment and culture. I love how nice everyone is. I also love how involved everyone is when it comes to Lancaster.I also love how they get you started in the art world. I am very excited to attend this college.

Danielle

I love it! I can't wait to attend and meet people who have similar goals as me. It's a small college, but that's what makes it so appealing. Everyone knows everyone and the teachers and students have more one on one time. The community is a big part the college too. It's such a wonderful atmosphere to be in.

Juliette

I believe this is a very good art college, the best one in PA. All the money that the student puts into the college, goes back to the student. It's has purposely small classes, active teachers, and gives students a great opportunity to grow artistically

Aubrey

Their always so flaws in every school, honestly Pennsylvania college of art and design has its down sides but their more positive thing to this school than negative. It’s a delightful little art school settled in city, overall it’s seems like productive school wanting students to express them self in every shape and form.

Katrina

It's a small group of dedicated artists who like to goof off and hang out outside of class. A small tight knit community for each major where you're comfortable being yourself. You know just about everyone in all 4 years on campus, and you'll see them around town constantly. The faculty learn you and your work very well and are assetts to you after graduation.

I have grown and evolved so much as an artist. It was such a great environment to learn and express myself and grow as a person. I know much more about myself now that I have been through the four years at PCA&D. I've met some amazing friends, have been inspired by outstanding professors and have learned how to approach an artistic field in a professional way. I now have sold my artwork numerous times, understand what it's like to frame and present my artwork for a show, and how to maintain a website as well as important business relationships.

The school itself does not have a cafeteria or housing system, which can be difficult for someone trying to adjust to city living in their own apartment and managing food and classroom expenses.

Sally

It's time to wake up. This is the beginning of the rest of your life. There are not many times that you will have the opportunity to look back or get an additional chance in life, therefore choose wisely. Prepare yourself for the future by doing something you love. If you have passion and creativity toward your goals then you will have a greater chance to succeed while still enjoying the achievement. Don't allow yourself to walk through life with blinders on. Open your eyes. Let in the colors, the smells and the textures of life. Allow them to capitivate your attention. Each thing we do is a learning development and too often we just skim the surface and never truly savoir the subject. Whether from lack of experience, immaturity or ignorance we loose most of what has been taught to us. Think outside the box and open yourself to adventures. Allow yourself to learn and not worry about what others think. For it is your pathway, select carefully and enjoy the journey.

The vibrant colors, the geometric shapes, and the light as it cascades through the many windows are all part of the creative atomsphere that surrounds every wall of the building bringing life to my inner soul. I have laid dormant for many years, like that of trees during the winter. I feel the spring in the midst and look forward to the rebirth of my life.

As an older student returning to school after many years there are times when one feels removed from the norm of a conversation. The Liberal Arts classes are a prime example of the great distance in the generation gap. Although I offer experience and street-smart learning to the table, some younger students see my knowledge as an annoyance. I have adjusted to the glances and quiet whispers. I am, however, there to increase my world of learning and I am enjoying the journey.

Cassandra

The amazing artists that teach and the talented students that attend.

The amazing artists that teach and the talented students that attend.

I would tell myself to continue to put forth my best effort in everything I do. Take school seriously, because it prepares you for what you will be doing for the rest of your life, hopefully. You can only do your best. Don't worry about everything, just take it day by day. Stay true to who you are and just be yourself. Be thankful for what you do have and save as much money as possible. You are going to need it and you have to realize just how important your parents are. They are the reason you can even attend school. Thanks mom and dad. Lastly, follow your heart and do what you love; and everything else will fall into place.

I wish i would have realized how much it was really going to cost me.

perfect, for someone that wants to have smaller class, and get more attention from a teacher, and have the teacher know you by your first name.

If i could go back and tell myself some advice, i would tell myself to save every single pennie. And stay with my gut feeling, just like i did. Like when i got that feeling when i walked into my college for the first time for my profolio review and i knew i had to go to this College. Maybe make sure i really know my roommates and the people i was planning on living with, which would cut out about half of last years drama. And to not get overwellmed by every single project that the teacher gave, but still take my school work serious. And go with the flow, of life and try to relax. And try to work more hours in the summer..... AND HAVE FUN BUT NOT TO MUCH FUN...And thank mom a lot, because she is going to help you a lot in the next year.

I would rather paint you a picture instead.

I would rather paint you a picture instead.

The one piece of advice I would definitely stress upon would be to not stress out so much over everything. Yeah, you have to face more responsibilities, but you'll find that if you take the time to just chill out, everything will be just fine. You'll survive. Oh and make sure you save all your change. Quarters, dimes, and nickels will become your best friends especially when it comes time for laundry day, and the good 'ol vending machine between classes. Again, do not stress out so much. Your college years will probably be the best years of your life. You will learn and grow so much as a student and as a person.

I really like how the professors are all practicing artists themselves and really understand the business of it. All the professors I've had so far really know what they are talking about , explain the craft well, and are all passionate about what they do. It's really inspiring for when I'm finished with college.

Pennsylvania College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.