Williamsport, PA
Pennsylvania College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania College of Technology

Shelby

Dear Younger Shelby, do not to worry so much about the things in life you can not change, but instead to embrace any situation you have the power to impact in a positive way. Do not feel the pressure to make everyone happy, you are only one person and there are only twenty four hours in one day. It is so important to live each day for what it is worth and not be filled with the worries of tomorrow. College has been and will continue to be an exciting journey. Just remember that college is an important and life changing experience and it is important to enjoy all of it, even the stressful moments. When you are feeling stressed, stop and take three deep breathes. It is funny how something so simple as breathing can make you feel better. Besides school work, it will be hard to leave your family, but remember you are doing it to better your life and explore what life holds. Be sure to always stay true to yourself and never change who you are for anyone. Life is what you make of it, and believe me, there are so many wonderful things to make.

Dear Amanda, Enjoy this upcoming time in your life, as a college student. In high school, you were still dependent and unsure. After college, you will be depended on, extremely busy, and still very unsure. During your college years, however, you will have freedom, certainty, and joy. Classes and schoolwork will need to be a priority, of course. Possibly even a part time job. The rest of your time, however, will not be filled up with bills and appointment and job responsibilities (or worse - a job search). The rest of your time, in college, will be filled with friends, late nights, parties, weekend adventures, laughs, and more inside jokes than you will ever remember. Do not rush through this time or wish it away. You may not recognize the gift that is college while you are in the moment, but believe me, you will be grateful for, and perhaps miss, those days when you are busy as a career-woman, wife, and mother. Perhaps those memories will spur you on to graduate school!

A student at Pennsylania College of Technology will be ready to enter the workforce with on-the-job skills and training. The professors are personal and friendly, even to the point of being on a first-name basis. The class sizes are small and students are able to easily forge friendships with one another. There are many activities and events on campus and in the surrounding community, which provide fun evenings and weekends. Penn College students are able to enjoy a close-knit atmosphere while earning a substantial education and degree.

During my undergraduate experience the most frustrating thing about Pennsylvania College of Technology was that so many students who would go home every single weekend. Instead of embracing college life, getting to know their fellow schoolmates, and exploring a new area, these students would return to their homes, their parents, their high school friends. As a frequent traveler, I feel as though such students really missed out. I often wondered whether they would ever leave their hometowns to meet new people and try new experiences. While pursuing an undergraduate degree, students should take advantage of the freedom and newness.

Julia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell me not to worry so much. I was so scared coming into college that I wouldn't be able to make friends or that I would be too overwhelmed with school work to have a social life or stay active. I proved myself wrong. I was able to have a social life and keep up with my school work all while staying healthy. I have found that I'm better at time management than I ever thought I could be. I'm proud of myself for this. I would be sure to tell myself not to slack off and procrastinate. But I would make sure that I'm not stressed out coming into school before anything ever starts. That made for a difficult transition that I think could have been eased if I knew not to worry so much.

When I brag about my school to friends, I usually include the 85%+ placement post graduation statistic and the fact that it is a mainly hands on school. Many schools are strictly theory while my school is very hands on and do it yourself oriented.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the limited amount of clubs and organizations that are available. There are a few but in comparison to what the general public of the school desires, there are only major oriented clubs.

Ibraheem

To begin with, if I could go back in time, i would advice myself to enroll in a Dual Enrollment Program, so i'd be done with my Associate Degree before i start collge. More importantly, i would say to my high school senior self that this will greatly prepare me for college by taking college classes before hand, knowing what it feels like to be a college student and also the experience. In Addition, it would also improve my chances of getting into better university and also scholarship offers. Another Advice, would be, to seek out more schloarships to help pay for college and also better paid internships to help with working experience. I would also advice, going for tutoring programs to help prepare well for the ACT and SAT to get a better score, in order to qualify for Full Tuition Scholarships and State Grants. Also, i would recommend to myself as a high school senior to put on a more positive outlook on life, and get ready to study hard for Colllege. In conclusion, these advice, as i would say to myself as a high school senior would be to follow them Incessantly or without any doubts.

I would advise myself to think about what career I would like to take because it is a huge decision. I would tell myself that college is not like high school and you have to apply and study hard; grades and attendance count heavily at college. I would encourage myself to get involved sooner and take advantage of trips, clubs, and workshops offered by the college for little or no fee. Lastly, I would tell myself to enjoy every minute of college, even the stressful ones, because college life beats the real world any day!

That I couldn't get advanced placement for my masters in social work because my degree is in human services, not social work.

If you are not ready to read and study hard. College is vastly different from high school. You need to be independent and be able to show up on time for each class; attendance is huge at Penn College. You must put an effort into your education.

Emerson

I'd tell myself: "Honey, don't worry. Life gets better, you meet extraordinary. Times get tough, but they also improve and you create something each day which makes you proud in the culinary institute. You're well on the way to your dreams. You encounter people who command your respect every moment at school and the cohort you get to advance with understands and treasures you, as you do them. Your worries over mathematics and analysis are unfounded, allow yourself to be surprised by the grades you'll receive and the events you'll be called to participate in. Your concerns with cooking-- being a perfectionist-- are just. You'll have bad days and good days. Struggles and success. But the chefs who teach you are far more understanding than you will ever fathom. Yes, even Chef Yeatman." "Be yourself and don't be afraid to shine and be loud and charming around everyone, they exchange their smiles for your heart. The homework requires dedication and effort, and sometimes 3AM mornings, but every ounce of it is worth it! It pays off and it is reflected in your grades." "You will do phenomenal, do not worry."

Mercedes

The first thing I would advice myself if I could go back, would be to have school as a priority in life. Sometimes we start to work and think that is our priority. We think the money we are making is good enough without thinking in the long ruin. The second most important advice would be to manage time wisely. If you are not able to manage your time you might be wasting precious time. We always think we have all the time in the world, but you never know what might happen in the future. Why leave it off for later when you can do it now. Enjoy every moment of college, but always remember to stay focus in your goals and dreams. Those are the once that will help you achieve everything you want in life.

Guerrero

Knowing what I know now as a mature man, I would tell my high school self that life does not end up how we plan it. I would strongly encourage myself to go to a vocational school as I am attending now, 7 years later. I would prepare myself on how life is going to be not having that go to mom that I highly depended on. I would tell myself to graduate in time so that my mom could see this accomplishment before she passes away. Life is more than just going out and having fun with my friends, if I tell myself to dedicate more time on my studies I can be studying at Cal Berkeley instead of Heald College, Fresno. But not to take away anything from what I’ve said, I would like myself to experience what I did. Not to sound cliché, but all that I went through helped me shape me out to the man I am today.

Israel

If I could go back in time an talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to manage my time well. When attending multiple classes at the same time, it is best to devote time to every subject in order to keep your grade scores high. I would also tell myself to look at bad test scores as a learning experience and look over what was wrong, so you don't make the same mistakes twice. It is better to learn from a bad test score than to pass every single test and not learn anything at the end of the semester. I would also tell my old self to prepare and invest time in study groups, since working in a group with multiple minds helps you improve on your assisgnments and test results. Finally, I would have told my old self to attend college at a younger age, since it is very challenging to not only work full time, but attend college fulltime and support a family while attending school.

Chelsea

Classmates are very diverse and there is a wide variety of people that go to this college from all over but also lots of commuters.

Majors that are very hands on and hard to find at other schools. Pennsylvania College of Technology is very good with providing all sorts of majors which lots of new and upto date techology.

To stay focused and prepared throughout all the courses, never give up and keep you eye on the main goal of graduating with grades and achievements you will be proud to look back on. The transition may be hard at first but its amazing to see the amount of other students that are going to through the same thing. It gets easier and you really learn how to stretch yourself as tests are now so much more than memorizing but rather applying your knowledge to your intended major.

Pennsylvania College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.