Williamsport, PA
Pennsylvania College of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania College of Technology

Jalisa

Pennsylvania College of Technology has provided me, as a college freshman, a strong academic foundation, hands-on applied technology through labs, computer facilities, etc. While having the opportunity to meet so many new people through its diverse campus, gaining life-long friendships. I believe this college truely provides degrees that work. leading to good job opportunities, career advancements, and a continuing education. I would recommend, PCT to anyone!

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have stressed the importance of academics and getting good grades in high school. Because, one thing I found out after graduating, was that if your grades aren't good, it becomes very hard to get accepted to good colleges. For me, It became very frustarating getting accepted into the Art Department of a College with a scholarship, but not being able to recieve that scholarship due to my high school transcript. So, I believe If I would have paid more attention to how imoprtant school was then, I probably wouldn't have had as many regrets as I do today. So, I have made different choices in college, to turn my past experiences around, and concentrate primarily on my academics, than irrelevant things such as parties, and just hanging-out with friends.

I tell my friends that PCT, offers great opportunities to meet all sorts of people, an awesome academic foundation, and plenty of opportunities to get involved on and off-campus.

Nathan

A technical school with skills achieved for industry.

A technical school with skills achieved for industry.

I would advise myself to stay focused in my last year of high school and to save as much money as you can before you go to college. I would also tell myself that the major i chose is an excellent major for me and not to worry about that choice.

The hands on time with actual equipment from the field.

Mark

Penn College is a very educated school that focuses on their students one hundred percent and will help you in any way possib...

Penn College is a very educated school that focuses on their students one hundred percent and will help you in any way possible.

Make sure you visit the college you are interesed in. You will know that it is the right school for you once you have been on campus and have seen around. Make sure you study and have fun too. Be social and get involved with activities around campus.

Jean

A technical school that is really knowledgble about their field.

A technical school that is really knowledgble about their field.

To pick a school that you will feel comfortable living in and a school that meets with your interests of what you want to study.

People that do not like to work with hands.

Katie

their hands-on approach to learning

their hands-on approach to learning

First, do research on any and all possible schools. Make a chart of the positives and negatives for each school. Then I think you must visit the schools, tour the facilities, meet faculty and students. I believe that a person can feel which school is best for them once they have visited. Upon getting to college you will have to be an active participant and get involved. Much of what you get out of your college experience is based on what you put into your college experience. For most people they only have one college experience, so make the most of it!

Kristin

I believe if a student is looking to major in a particular field, do the research. Also, if at all possible have the student do some job shadowing which might help the student decide on a major. Then look into a school (possibly your in-state college, to keep costs low) which is reputable and if going into the health field, accredited. A smaller school will offer better student/teacher interactions. However, a larger school may offer much more opportunties for the student , ie.. student groups. All in all, the student has to feel comfortable in their surroundings in order to succeed. Visiting the campus is also most helpful. Research, reasearch, research! Enjoy!

There is nothing negative to report about this school.

This school is small and comfortable. You get better teacher/student interaction. You also are not taught by teaching assistants (other students).

Mandi

Penn College is agreat place to go to school, its friendly and fun loving, there are so many people and there is so much to d...

Penn College is agreat place to go to school, its friendly and fun loving, there are so many people and there is so much to do.

Take a tour of the college. See what kind of activites and fun things there are for the student to get into. Ta;lk to people who go to or have graduated from the college you are considering. Its a big decision, live it up and make the best of it.

John

My school has alot of technical based majors.

My school has alot of technical based majors.

Find a college that fits your lifestyle, budget, career goals, and social wants. Don't just pick a school for the looks or prestige, pick a school that you know you can succeed at, and that makes you feel comfortable.

Curtis

Ask as many questions as you need to. You need to be getting answers to questions you believe are important. I remember on orientation my parents asked questions every five minutes and I am very glad they did. Class sizes, program sizes, campus/housing rules, job placement, and transfer questions are all very important. My class sizes for my program are a between 10-15 people. This is perfect for me to get enough one on one time with a professor. I could not imagine trying to the same degree with a college that has lecture classes with over 200 people. Parents/students need to make sure that the school you are applying for has the program you are interested in or if not, has counselors to help you make that decision. They also need to look into if the school offers tutoring and if so, how much and where. Overall I believe parents/students need to ask as many questions as they feel necessary to make the right decision on which school to attend.

The amount of rules for on campus housing. I understand that there need to be standards but the fact that you can't have a guest stay over with a written permission slip seems childish.

Shar

Accepting. Though we are all different people who have come from different backgrounds, we mesh together well

Get involved on campus so you can break the barrier between students and faculty.

The lack of communication between students and faculty. When something needs to be accomplished to benefit students especially with money the school isnt considerate of how it affects the students.... food prices, minimum wage for jobs on campus. etc.

Pennsylvania College of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.