Pennsylvania College of Technology

« See more reviews of Pennsylvania College of Technology

I would advise myself that it is very necessary to bring together study groups with friends in review for tests. The information that bounces back and forth is amazing, as they have picked up on points that I may have completely forgotten, or thought of as unnecessary. Before I knew it, many of my friends' ideas were on the test the next day, making me incredibly grateful we had collaborated. I would equally emphasize the importance of making friends, of keeping in touch with them and doing things with them. If you focus on just your subjects too much, trying to do it on your own, you can only achieve so much. But doing things together with your friends, from going out to eat to just hanging out and chatting, it both enriches your character and gives you more fulfilling day, a more wholesome mindset. Many times I have had experiences with others even help me in my tests, earning me extra credit from our extra-cirricular activities together. Never underestimate the power of friends in your social, emotional and academic life. They also make every day more bearable, and randomly offer invaluable inspiration, which really helps.

To begin with, if I could go back in time, i would advice myself to enroll in a Dual Enrollment Program, so i'd be done with my Associate Degree before i start collge. More importantly, i would say to my high school senior self that this will greatly prepare me for college by taking college classes before hand, knowing what it feels like to be a college student and also the experience. In Addition, it would also improve my chances of getting into better university and also scholarship offers. Another Advice, would be, to seek out more schloarships to help pay for college and also better paid internships to help with working experience. I would also advice, going for tutoring programs to help prepare well for the ACT and SAT to get a better score, in order to qualify for Full Tuition Scholarships and State Grants. Also, i would recommend to myself as a high school senior to put on a more positive outlook on life, and get ready to study hard for Colllege. In conclusion, these advice, as i would say to myself as a high school senior would be to follow them Incessantly or without any doubts.

Pennsylvania College Of Technology is a school that is perfect for kids and parents who dont have a social life. You will spend most of your time doing work and very little extracurricular activities. The school is Penn State University affiliated and the sports teams compete in the PSUAC conference and just recently joined the USCAA which allows them to compete for National Championships. Most of the teams are very good and compete for titles almost every year. As for dining around campus there are several different options on campus as well as plenty of off campus places to dine. Overall the food is good but paying with cash on campus can be sort of expensive. A meal plan is mandatory if you live on campus and on campus. On campus housing is kind of hard to get because most of the students live on campus. What you may find surprising though is that mostly everyone who lives on campus tend to keep to themselves. It takes more than a few people to make the campus exciting and enjoyable. Pennsylvania College Of Technology is in my opinion is a good place to start college and then transfer to other instituions.

I'd tell myself: "Honey, don't worry. Life gets better, you meet extraordinary. Times get tough, but they also improve and you create something each day which makes you proud in the culinary institute. You're well on the way to your dreams. You encounter people who command your respect every moment at school and the cohort you get to advance with understands and treasures you, as you do them. Your worries over mathematics and analysis are unfounded, allow yourself to be surprised by the grades you'll receive and the events you'll be called to participate in. Your concerns with cooking-- being a perfectionist-- are just. You'll have bad days and good days. Struggles and success. But the chefs who teach you are far more understanding than you will ever fathom. Yes, even Chef Yeatman." "Be yourself and don't be afraid to shine and be loud and charming around everyone, they exchange their smiles for your heart. The homework requires dedication and effort, and sometimes 3AM mornings, but every ounce of it is worth it! It pays off and it is reflected in your grades." "You will do phenomenal, do not worry."

Advice for parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the experience, well for you highschool seniors, know that the right college is out there for you, take your time, read the information on all the classes and major discriptions. Also you should think about location, sometimes being to far from home is a bad thing. i like to think that anyplace about 4 hrs away is just right. For you parents and some of you students, i know its tough but price isnt always a problem.. This is your or your son/daughters education, yes the numbers are shocking but a good education is extreamly important. And after you finaly pick the school of choice, jump right in, join clubs, teams, get out there make friends. But of course dont overwelm yourself, being a freshmen is a new and exciting experiance, your grades are most important and should always come first. Just keep busy, have fun and stay out of trouble. And parents its ok to let go, chances are your kids will be home on the weekends to wash their clothes and steal all your food. =) Enjoy

Dear Younger Shelby, do not to worry so much about the things in life you can not change, but instead to embrace any situation you have the power to impact in a positive way. Do not feel the pressure to make everyone happy, you are only one person and there are only twenty four hours in one day. It is so important to live each day for what it is worth and not be filled with the worries of tomorrow. College has been and will continue to be an exciting journey. Just remember that college is an important and life changing experience and it is important to enjoy all of it, even the stressful moments. When you are feeling stressed, stop and take three deep breathes. It is funny how something so simple as breathing can make you feel better. Besides school work, it will be hard to leave your family, but remember you are doing it to better your life and explore what life holds. Be sure to always stay true to yourself and never change who you are for anyone. Life is what you make of it, and believe me, there are so many wonderful things to make.

Before deciding which college to attend, make sure to not only focus in on what the school has to offer but the city/town in which the school resides and the community. Be sure to visit the college AND the city/town to really get a feel of what it will be like to stay there for the next year and beyond. Would it be a place that you are comfortable living in and would be able to fit in, is it an area similar to the surrounding area you are in now or totally different. Can you handle it if the college town is completely different from the area you are use to. All these are important things to consider when selecting a college to go to because its not just about the school, the community is just as important. The college experience goes beyond the campus itself, it is the places you can go, sights you can see around the town/city to get away from the stresses of school work and spend time with college friends to create the college moments that you will remember for a lifetime.

Dear Amanda, Enjoy this upcoming time in your life, as a college student. In high school, you were still dependent and unsure. After college, you will be depended on, extremely busy, and still very unsure. During your college years, however, you will have freedom, certainty, and joy. Classes and schoolwork will need to be a priority, of course. Possibly even a part time job. The rest of your time, however, will not be filled up with bills and appointment and job responsibilities (or worse - a job search). The rest of your time, in college, will be filled with friends, late nights, parties, weekend adventures, laughs, and more inside jokes than you will ever remember. Do not rush through this time or wish it away. You may not recognize the gift that is college while you are in the moment, but believe me, you will be grateful for, and perhaps miss, those days when you are busy as a career-woman, wife, and mother. Perhaps those memories will spur you on to graduate school!

Ask as many questions as you need to. You need to be getting answers to questions you believe are important. I remember on orientation my parents asked questions every five minutes and I am very glad they did. Class sizes, program sizes, campus/housing rules, job placement, and transfer questions are all very important. My class sizes for my program are a between 10-15 people. This is perfect for me to get enough one on one time with a professor. I could not imagine trying to the same degree with a college that has lecture classes with over 200 people. Parents/students need to make sure that the school you are applying for has the program you are interested in or if not, has counselors to help you make that decision. They also need to look into if the school offers tutoring and if so, how much and where. Overall I believe parents/students need to ask as many questions as they feel necessary to make the right decision on which school to attend.

If I could go back in time an talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to manage my time well. When attending multiple classes at the same time, it is best to devote time to every subject in order to keep your grade scores high. I would also tell myself to look at bad test scores as a learning experience and look over what was wrong, so you don't make the same mistakes twice. It is better to learn from a bad test score than to pass every single test and not learn anything at the end of the semester. I would also tell my old self to prepare and invest time in study groups, since working in a group with multiple minds helps you improve on your assisgnments and test results. Finally, I would have told my old self to attend college at a younger age, since it is very challenging to not only work full time, but attend college fulltime and support a family while attending school.