Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Kathryn

The professors at Penn State mostly want to help. Professors at Penn State will almost always make time to sit down and talk with you if you don't understand something or if you want to review your tests. Some professors even try to develop personal and professional relationships with you outside of class by asking you to coffee or telling you about a club or organization that they are a part of.

Gregory

Majority of the professors are pretty good. Some professors that I had were great. They were extremely good lectures/teachers, were fun/interesting, and were extremely helpful outside the classroom in helping you take the right step toward starting your career. A few professors were not very good at all. For most classes, there are a few professors who teach the course. As you become familiar with the system and other students who are older than you, you will learn which professors are typically better to get. At the end of every semester, there is a rating/grading procedure students fill out to rate the professor. It is supposed to help in improving the quality of all professors.